Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:59:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I've only been at my job about 6 months but the stress level is high as is the frustration factor. I've been getting pretty burned out lately, but then I saw that my coworkers and even the clients were as well.

So, as long as my response is in line with everyone else's, I don't worry about it. Plus, when things are going well, there's nothing cooler.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:04:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
mill?  what kind of mill?  textile mill?
Paper mill, we do converting for flexible packaging. I run a printing press and today it was 102 with high humidity.

ETA: My press is like the sweaty ass crack of the mill. I have fans that I put around to circulate the air but if you stand in front of them it feels like a giant blow drier, nothing but hot air.

If you're willing to relocate out west, I guarantee that you could find a high paying, somewhat interesting job in petroleum or mining

Just be ready to work 80 hour weeks.

fook that, the money wont be THAT good for that level of abuse

80 hours this wwek , 65 last week and I am building a deck in my "spare" time , think I have slept 8 hours in the past 4 days......   the money sure is nice though and you just can't beat 8 days on 6 days off when the overtime is light.

i duno, i think i visualize OT and my disdain for it based on my job (an assembly line welder) such hours would be a death sentance for me
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:14:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yup, I've been shoeing horses for 20 yrs now and after a broken leg and broken rib I'm ready for something less risky.

I'm planning on starting college next spring and going into a medical career.

After wrestling with horses for 20 yrs, wild patients should be a breeze.

I feel your pain.  All of my injuries were from motorcycles and snowmobiles, but I know the "Damn this hurts!  Maybe I should do something else!" feeling.

And...  The medical career is a a great field to get in to.  There's a constant market for what you'll be doing (hell - I design funeral coaches and limousines   ).  

With a little wisdom under your belt and a lot of hard work, you should be able to stomp the crap out of a bunch of 20 year old med students grade wise.

Jump on that bull, put the suicide wrap on and ride that motherfucker.

Otherwise, every body here is going to call you a pussy and want to kick your assl.  

I've done it and you can to.  Determination.  Period.

Best wishes.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:17:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
mill?  what kind of mill?  textile mill?
Paper mill, we do converting for flexible packaging. I run a printing press and today it was 102 with high humidity.

ETA: My press is like the sweaty ass crack of the mill. I have fans that I put around to circulate the air but if you stand in front of them it feels like a giant blow drier, nothing but hot air.

If you're willing to relocate out west, I guarantee that you could find a high paying, somewhat interesting job in petroleum or mining

Just be ready to work 80 hour weeks.

fook that, the money wont be THAT good for that level of abuse

80 hours this wwek , 65 last week and I am building a deck in my "spare" time , think I have slept 8 hours in the past 4 days......   the money sure is nice though and you just can't beat 8 days on 6 days off when the overtime is light.

i duno, i think i visualize OT and my disdain for it based on my job (an assembly line welder) such hours would be a death sentance for me

When I am under 50 hours a week ( which has happened exactly twice in 3 years) I actually like my job..... And realistically there is no forced OT , I Voulenteer for all of it ( See the BDSM thread , I am a masochist appearently,  among other things    ) So realistically I guess it is not that bad. I think My biggest problem is that I am sick of doing more work then any 3 people put together on 2nd shift, Which is a relatively new happening (last 6 months or so).
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:21:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

When I am under 50 hours a week ( which has happened exactly twice in 3 years) I actually like my job..... And realistically there is no forced OT , I Voulenteer for all of it ( See the BDSM thread , I am a masochist appearently,  among other things    ) So realistically I guess it is not that bad. I think My biggest problem is that I am sick of doing more work then any 3 people put together on 2nd shift, Which is a relatively new happening (last 6 months or so).

ahh i see, about 99.9% of my ot is mandatory  and during the hottest or coldest times of the year
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:24:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Since the whole topic of job stress came up, do any of y'all know how to say "no"?

I'm only bringing this up because I left a well paying job a couple of years ago due to the fact that management was simply demanding too much, and I couldn't handle the stress.

I resigned, and after a short vacation in the cable business, I work as a contractor making twice the money for the same company.

People will treat you as bad as you let them all the time.  As a rule.

Things work out.  

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:30:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Since the whole topic of job stress came up, do any of y'all know how to say "no"?

I'm only bringing this up because I left a well paying job a couple of years ago due to the fact that management was simply demanding too much, and I couldn't handle the stress.

I resigned, and after a short vacation in the cable business, I work as a contractor making twice the money for the same company.

Things work out.  

Yup, when the boss calls me to come in early on a day I have decided not to work < i say no... If she pushes I tell her I am halfway through a 6 pack.....

/conversation

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:35:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Things work out.  

Yup, when the boss calls me to come in early on a day I have decided not to work < i say no... If she pushes I tell her I am halfway through a 6 pack.....

/conversation

"I'd love to come in and help, but I've had three mixed drinks at home and shouldn't drive.  Want to come pick me up?   "

Works best when sent via email..  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top