Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:22:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm thinking about getting one to smoke some of my pipe tobacco in.   I'm not real jazzed about the idea of smoking some gloppy, fruit-flavored shit in them.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:23:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm thinking about getting one to smoke some of my pipe tobacco in.   I'm not real jazzed about the idea of smoking some gloppy, fruit-flavored shit in them.

Try it before you knock it. It's really tasty.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:23:43 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a pretty popular college thing to do these days, which immediately turns me off to the whole idea.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:24:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm used to aromatic pipe tobacco, which is better enjoyed by having someone else smoke it, 'cause it tastes like nothing but steam.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:25:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's a pretty popular college thing to do these days, which immediately turns me off to the whole idea.

LOL, OK dude.   fuck....
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:25:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Sex is pretty popular in college too.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:25:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Got some Tangiers Lemon in a small Alien Phunnel on a Khalil Mamoon with a Narbish hose right now.
http://i53.tinypic.com/33a9w2d.gif

CHOOCH IT!
OP, I don't but one of my exes did, and she was trying for a while for me to go do it with her.

Who's turn is it? I forget.

I guess it's my turn.

I beg my pard.

Don't let the walchers get ya!

Okay then, I pologize.

Beg my pard.

You already did! Beg my pard.

Till next time don't let the walchers get ya, and be careful of greasy ol friggin John Luke.  Friggin touchin' my antler and choochin Big Dirty where hims no no stinks.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:26:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wanted to try it when I was in Cairo , but was told not to due to the possibility of catching hepatitis . I guess it's common over there due to sharing hookahs .

There are disposable hose tips for use in public places or sharing hoses in general.

we always gave hookah condoms at the club––it's just part of the standard presentation.  in addition, a lot of our guests bought their own hoses, which was great because we sold those, as well.

Did you guys use leather hoses?

I'm partial to washable hoses and would bring my own.

But I'm quite content at home, I've never gone to a lounge, and probably never will.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:27:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I've only gone to a lounge. It's expensive, but it was a pleasant atmosphere at least, ignoring the wet floor and  the charcoal burns on all of the tables.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:28:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Indeed.

Hookahs are not for pipe tobacco.

I never thought I'd like moassel either, but it's definitely become my favorite form of tobacco.

Now smoking cigars or a pipe has become secondary, and I only do it when hookah isn't practical.

Yes, I even have a "travel" hookah setup for at the park, in-laws, etc.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:36:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I tried it once at a hookah bar on Lincoln Road on South Beach and it was OK. I'm more of a cigar smoker and would rather light one of them up, to be honest.   I think that we did a watermelon flavored puck.

Chris
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:48:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wanted to try it when I was in Cairo , but was told not to due to the possibility of catching hepatitis . I guess it's common over there due to sharing hookahs .

There are disposable hose tips for use in public places or sharing hoses in general.

we always gave hookah condoms at the club––it's just part of the standard presentation.  in addition, a lot of our guests bought their own hoses, which was great because we sold those, as well.

Did you guys use leather hoses?

I'm partial to washable hoses and would bring my own.

But I'm quite content at home, I've never gone to a lounge, and probably never will.

we used braid-covered plastic.  leather hoses aren't cheap, and would have walked out the door at an alarming rate.  the average lifespan for one of our hoses was about a month anyway.  the nice thing about plastic is that you can soak it in sanitizer, which would not have worked well with leather.

our clubs were a little different than a typical hookah lounge.  we were first and foremost nightclubs/lounges, with the hookah as our featured product.  alcohol + hookah + good music is a tremendous social environment.  pretty much everyone gets into an open and friendly mindset, and meeting women is as easy as 'what flavor are you smoking?' followed by trading tastes.  we also kept a separate seating area for couples/groups that wanted more intimacy and less socializing.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:04:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Once, in Afghanistan, with a warlord. It was cool, but I didn't feel the need to buy one when I got home.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:13:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Once, in Afghanistan, with a warlord. It was cool, but I didn't feel the need to buy one when I got home.

After quitting cigarettes and cleaning/repainting, I didn't want to smoke cigars/pipes in the house anymore.

Hookah doesn't have the wall-covering tar, nor the stink of burnt tobacco.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:41:23 PM EDT
[#15]
I tried it in college but, like an earlier poster, avoid it because I enjoy it far too much and would go overboard if I smoked narghila with any regularity.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:44:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Tried it. Was okay. I was focused much more on something else.

I would do it again but not on a night I plan on fooling around.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:05:23 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm having some strawberry shisha right now.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:22:41 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

After quitting cigarettes and cleaning/repainting, I didn't want to smoke cigars/pipes in the house anymore.

Added bonus:  Your regular cigarettes taste like decomposing rabid owl vaginas after shisha.  I involuntarily quit smoking for a few days after the first one.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:13:28 AM EDT
[#19]
I wont because the hooka shop in my town is owned and opperated by al-qaeda
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:13:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If there's not a lump of hash in it, it reeks of poser douchebaggery. and a whiff of attention whoring.

You suck at life.

OP, yes I do.  Got a hookah back from Afghanistan and went got some tobacco at a local smoke shop about a month ago.  Thanks for reminding me, I'm going to smoke later.

Meh- it's still just fucking tobacco- BFD.

it's like Airsoft- it's for kids that aren't allowed to touch the real thing....but they get to buy some exotic looking stuff and tell each other how cool they are.

If you like it- I don't really care, but it's not anything I would spend money on. And it does seem a favorite pastime of the hipster douchebag set,

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:20:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, I did for a while. I much prefer it to smoking the Menthol Smooths I smoke now, but a hookah is just a lot of work compared to popping outside on the balcony and lighting up a couple for the evening.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:29:22 AM EDT
[#22]
I have several hookahs that I've gotten on my deployments.  ranging from a small desk top one to a 3 foot tall floor one.

I enjoy smoking smoking them, it's very smooth and not as harsh as a ciggarette.

My favorite blend is a 50/50 mix of strawberry and banana tobbaco.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:33:02 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I wont because the hooka shop in my town is owned and opperated by al-qaeda

My hookah supplier is a Lebanese Christian with a large family happily living in California.

Oh, and so is the other one. Well, not sure on the nationality part, only the religion.

Something tells me neither of these families likes Al-Q much, nor what they stand for.
Just sayin'.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:34:47 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Added bonus:  Your regular cigarettes taste like decomposing rabid owl vaginas after shisha.  I involuntarily quit smoking for a few days after the first one.

Cigarettes are indeed, nasty as fuck now.

E-cigs got me off them, but Hookah > E-cigs, and less nicotine too.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:36:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Used to, would if I had one.

Ahhhh, college.

If you were already drunk it was a lot of fun, you felt like relaxed and social. Probably due to the fact that I would take a HUGE hit.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:52:31 AM EDT
[#26]
I smoked shisha in Cairo and enjoyed it. I was totally unaware of the threat of TB and Hep until I got back to the States.

They were surprised when we wanted our bill after only two hours.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:03:21 AM EDT
[#27]
I used to be really into it, I had two of my own, but I sold one and lost the other at a party and just haven't smoked it in years.  Now I want to head to the new lounge in town.  My favorite flavor of shisha was Cuban Mojito made by (I think so, might not be right) Al Fahkers.

My buddy who later turned out to be a douche almost started up a lounge, but luckily I figured out he was a douche before I started a business with him.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top