Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:31:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I own the business ..... Nothing's free
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:38:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I could 'obtain' all manner of EMS supplies and meds from work and no one would notice because we have HORRIBLE inventory procedures.  Hell I bet over the course of a couple of months I could stock my own ambulance and they would never know the differences.  They keep the narcs locked up though
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:58:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

What!?!.....You mean, noooo "French" benefits!?!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:14:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Steel plates sent to us from a local mill.  Average size is 12" x 12" x 3/8".
Some much thicker, some much smaller.
All that I could ever want.   I have at least 2000 pounds of the good flat pieces.
They make great targets for the BMG.

.....  I wonder if I could weld them together and stich myself a bunker......

I've got a 13hp Honda engine that was heading to the dumpster.
It was practically new when the owner bought it in to have the output (crank) shaft
woodruff keyway tested.  It wore out the notch.  (wrong key)  The engine isn't really
worth much without a way to connect anything to it, but still....  free engine.

A pint of super glue.  I have no idea what to do with it.
Put it in the first aid kit .

My boss gave me a 200 cubic foot oxygen and helium tank.  
The gas supplier that owned them went out of business.
Airgas let me put them on my account.  

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:21:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Scored some cool shit.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:43:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Bandwidth

100Mb enet off the core switch fed by an oc12 backbone

Bastard.

We get free ammo, free uniforms, free chow.....etc.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:02:35 AM EDT
[#7]
NO
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:11:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I get free mud! (Highway Construction)

Other than that just hats, calendars, notepads...the occasional free lunch.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:33:10 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
i get a few handfulls of drywall nails and a couple of tubes of drywall glue here and there.

i should be able to build a brand new two story house out of said materials in 10 years if i play my cards right................

Reminds me of the Johnny Cash song, 'One piece at a time".

Where he stole a different piece from work every day and built a caddy.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:39:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Scrap composite parts for various uses.  

We were cleaning up the firehouse and the shopvac wasn't working right.  They bought a new one and told me to throw out the old one.  It took everything I had to dumpsterize it and not take it home and try to fix it...
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:33:22 AM EDT
[#11]
all the stress and bullshit I can carry!!!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:36:22 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I got the clap does that count?  just kidding, i work construction so always get left over shit, plywood, lumber, bags of conrete, etc. French benefits of a job are great.

Jimmy Dean makes sausage, not James Dean.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:37:20 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
  Yeah , every now and then I get 130 volts DC . That shit hurts .

I got 350vac (400Hz) one time..

I really didn't need that shit! lol

I got 'hit' in the shoulder by 480v. once, it felt like I got kicked by a mule, it knocked me on my ass and left me 'loopy' for the rest of the afternoon, plus I couldn't move my arm at all.

It took a while to get completely over that.

Thanks, memories like this help me understand why I'm so physically fucked up today.....

ETA: I also got a complete brand new Straight Six Chevy enginge, with less than 100 hrs. on it. It had been installed into a forklift and had been in use less than a week when the operater drove it off the loading dock and totally fucked up the forklift.  The forklift was old to beging with, and they were just trying to make it last six months before they bought a new one which was why they had put a new engine in it in the first place.

It sat in the 'boneyard' for about a month when I asked my boss what was going to happen to it, he said it was to be scrapped. I offered him a 100 bucks for it and he said if I pulled it I could have it.

My dad and I pulled it and reinstalled it in my Grandfathers old '56 Chevy pick-up one weekend, he was happier than a 'pig in shit' for a long time, hell he thanked me for that engine every time I saw him for a while. Living through the 'depression' he didn't throw anything out, and refused to buy a new truck even if he could afford it, he drove that truck for several more years till he died, then my dad drove it for a while till he totaled it one snowy icy day.....
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:47:37 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
  Yeah , every now and then I get 130 volts DC . That shit hurts .

I got 350vac (400Hz) one time..

I really didn't need that shit! lol

I got 'hit' in the shoulder by 480v. once, it felt like I got kicked by a mule, it knocked me on my ass and left me 'loopy' for the rest of the afternoon, plus I couldn't move my arm at all.

It took a while to get completely over that.

Thanks, memories like this help me understand why I'm so physically fucked up today.....

That explain that fucking avatar of yours?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:49:06 AM EDT
[#15]
I work in a mailroom at my civilian job. We also handle supplies like copy toner and stuff.

One day my manager asked me to throw out all the supplies cause we switched to new machines. I remembered that some of these toner hoppers cost $100 or more. So I asked her if I could have some. She asked "why?" I knew that if I answered EBAY, the would end up in her car, so I said...

I want to shoot them!

I made $400 and got through a tough time finance wise. Ebay is your friend. I sold basically .25 on the $ but hell, I got it for FREE!!!

I did the same with Kydex scraps that I got from a remodel project at one of the buildings I service. About 3000 Sq feet. Made about $200 off that and made a few holsters and shit.

Pizza, soda, Military leave pay ($600 a month FREE!), boxes, jumpdrive, all sorts of perks.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:52:16 AM EDT
[#16]
I don't steal stuff from work.

I steal it, to save it from senseless worship!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:54:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Lets see:
1 pair work boots
1 pair infantry combat boots
1 pair Wiley X glasses

I'm trying to get a multi-tool, our boss's boss ordered a case of them and supposedly still has a few stashed in his desk that he hasnt yet given out.

Dad used to be a wizard at finding stuff, chairs, filing cabinets, racks, luggage (sometimes filled with awesome stuff from their presentation booths at conventions), computer hardware, etc, since his group would just throw out a whole lab after a project got canceled since the bean counters assumed all the gear was out of date and put in orders for brand new stuff. At least once a month he found some new stuff.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:56:02 AM EDT
[#18]
I photograph firearms for a living. (amongst other things)  No freebies but when it comes to props for photos, it's fair game.  

Lets see... this shot needs a Maxpedition pack and 30 rd magazines with the rifle... yeah, lots of magazines.  This gun should really have an ACOG on it for the shot and maybe a Crane stock... lets get a chest rig in there too...

This stuff needs to go somewhere when I'm done with it.

FB
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:02:38 AM EDT
[#19]
I work weekends at Anheuser Busch. We get two free cases of beer plus one more for meeting our safety goal. I got two cases of budlight tallboys and a case of Michelob ultra yesterday! I am having a Mic as I write this.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:11:26 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

+1  I do guide with clients who give me their hats and tee shirts.  I've been smoozing the CEO to Columbia Sportsware into buying a dog from me [he really needs to, he paid $10K for his dog and its a horrible, ugly hunter!]  He comes hunting with a client who did buy a dog from me [beautiful, twice the dog paid $1K {I need to charge more!} and his friends get all kinds of perks!

Other than that, zip.  The husband gets hats and coffee cups from the salesmen.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:12:49 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I work weekends at Anheuser Busch. We get two free cases of beer plus one more for meeting our safety goal. I got two cases of budlight tallboys and a case of Michelob ultra yesterday! I am having a Mic as I write this.

Years ago my cousin drove a Budweiser truck, thay used to 'give' him a lot of the 'old' outdated beer, he used to get cases of the shit all the time, some we drank, (it went donwn fine) and much we shook up and shot!!! Ah yes, great days!!!....
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:39:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Blackberry
1GB Thumb drive
Aerospace Parts
Meals
Trips
Ulcers
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:43:13 AM EDT
[#23]
I work for the DoD!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:13:19 AM EDT
[#24]
From my last job, I got a couple posters, detailing the rank and rate of the US Military, and various military base locations in the US.

And migraines.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:14:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Yes
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:17:01 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm in outside sale for a MAJOR HVAC/R Wholesaler. We get tons of ballhats, notepads, screwdrivers, t-shirts, Golf shirts, pens, winshield scrapers, CD holders, etc... by the case loads. We call them "trash and trinkets". I pass them out to good customers regularly, and can keep one of 2 for myself if I want to, no problem. I get free lunches too, when I take customers out to lunch. Nothing as valuable as a welder or anything like that though.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:23:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Free calbe pohne and internet.  Also was throwing away some boxes I needed
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:12:48 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

If you ever have too much I'll take it off your hands for you.  Ft Collins, right?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:16:28 PM EDT
[#29]
I work as a Procurement Director...so free electronic samples/goodies all the time....
Come Christmas time I get all the yearly "Keep Buying From Me!!!" gifts.
I love freebies!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:57:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Well, as the trend continues,......Got a totally FREE Hardee's bacon, egg, and Cheese Biscuit this morning! Still hot! No, Really!!!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top