BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 11:20:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I don't understand how people have all these NDs while cleaning. Do people really clean loaded guns?

I think its the go to excuse for people were playing around with their guns and shot someone because of it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 11:25:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Where are the posters who have told me in the past that its perfectly Ok to mix guns and booze? Where are all of you, hmmmm???

Some people are in more control than others.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 11:27:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Why do people clean their guns anywhere near the ammo??? I never understood this. Either my loaded mags are in the other room or I have a loaded gun that I'm not going to clean in the same room.

I don't know about you guys but cleaning my guns involes breaking them down first.

Sad all around though.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 11:30:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't understand how people have all these NDs while cleaning. Do people really clean loaded guns?

Step one when cleaning gun.......unload gun

This.

However, first step in unloading a gun....make sure it is pointed in a safe direction.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 11:38:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Where are the posters who have told me in the past that its perfectly Ok to mix guns and booze? Where are all of you, hmmmm???

I have cleaned my guns many times while drinking after a range trip or hunting.  Magically I have never shot my self or anyone else.  Is this a coincidence?  Or could it be that I am not a big fucking moron.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:51:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Put this POS under the jail.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:54:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Another kid killed in my area back home

No charges in fatal shooting; termed ‘horrible tragedy, accident'
By Jeff Murray • Staff Writer • November 19, 2008

There will be no criminal charges filed following a fatal shooting of a Steuben County boy Sunday.

Marvin J. Morseman, 12, was pronounced dead Sunday at Robert Packer Hospital in Sayre after suffering a single shotgun wound to the chest. The shooting appeared to be accidental, state police said.

Morseman and a 10-year-old boy who police did not identify were alone in their home on county Route 86 when the shooting took place around 11:30 a.m. Sunday, police said. Investigators did not disclose whether the other boy was involved in the shooting.

The gun was a double-barreled 12-gauge shotgun loaded with shot pellets, said lead investigator Mark Procopio of the state police Painted Post barracks.

The gun, which belongs to the victim's father, was not lying around, Procopio said.

“The gun was not left out. It was not secured, but it was in a storage area,” he said. “It was not locked and it was not loaded. Ammunition was available for it.”

Procopio said he discussed the investigation with Steuben County District Attorney John Tunney, and they concurred that there would be no charges filed.

“Frankly, there was not evidence of criminal conduct. It was a horrible tragedy and accident,” Tunney said. “The obvious question is, did someone leave a loaded gun around? Apparently no, that wasn't the case. We operate on the basis of evidence, is it there or not there? We measure against legal standards. When you do that in this case, it just comes out there's not evidence of criminal conduct.”

There will also be no autopsy. Morseman was pronounced dead in Bradford County, where the protocol is not to perform an autopsy if no criminal charges are pending, Procopio said.

http://www.theithacajournal.com/article/20081119/NEWS01/811190339/1002/NEWS01

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:02:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

kinda thinking tha same here
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:17:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I always assume these are premeditated murders.... Drinking to get up the courage.

My first thought as well.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:19:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It doesn't matter how "in control" you are; alcohol diminishes that control. Do you REALLY want to be in a diminished capacity while handling guns and ammo?
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:24:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think he is lieing about cleaning the guns. I think he either killed his baby on purpose or some other negligent way and the "cleaning my guns" was the first excuse he could think of. If I could get just 5 measly minutes alone with him I bet I could get the truth, or atleast some justice.

I think "cleaning my gun" is a standard excuse a lot of these dipshits use.
Having your 6 y/o bring you a loaded .45 is just plain stupid.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:43:19 PM EDT
[#12]
[>:/]
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:48:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think its the go to excuse for people were playing around with their guns and shot someone because of it.

+1000

When's the last time we heard a story like this where the person admitted they were playing with the gun and not "cleaning it".
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:52:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
How does this shit happen?  Who cleans a loaded gun?  I just don't understand how people can be so stupid.  RIP little one.

lets say tens of thousands of people (maybe more) are cleaning guns as I type this....the odds that hundreds (maybe thousands) are doing it unsafely..this shit's bound to happen once in awhile..as horrific as it is I'm suprised it doesn't happen more often
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:59:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It doesn't matter how "in control" you are; alcohol diminishes that control. Do you REALLY want to be in a diminished capacity while handling guns and ammo?

It's the real world as most of us are big boys.  Why don't you just worry about yourself?

Usually the pitchfork brigade goes after the guy responsible.  You want to go after a portion of ARFCOM.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:51:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
How does this shit happen?  Who cleans a loaded gun?  I just don't understand how people can be so stupid.  RIP little one.

lets say tens of thousands of people (maybe more) are cleaning guns as I type this....the odds that hundreds (maybe thousands) are doing it unsafely..this shit's bound to happen once in awhile..as horrific as it is I'm suprised it doesn't happen more often

I'm sure it happens a lot more often than we hear about, they probably usually don't end in a child's death though.

I bet an inordinant number of the "gun cleaning" accidents hit the TV.  

There was a post on another board a few years back by a guy who had been around for a while with a lot of posts who posted that he "dry fired" his pistol at his dog.  Turns out it wasn't so dry and he killed his dog on accident.  I personally searched many of his past posts and he didn't seem at all like a troll.  I wouldn't doubt if this was a similar situation.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 8:48:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Someone refresh my memory.  In the thread last week where the cop left his gun out and his 2 yr old shot himself in the face.  Was he jailed on a quarter million dollar bail?

2 year old accidentally shooting himself, is NOT the same as an adult holding the pistol when the trigger is pulled now is it?

The former is negligence, the latter is downright suspicious.

But I suppose you think that the cop didn't get bail that high because he was a cop, huh?  Well, take my original statement into consideration next time you spout off at the mouth.

Ok smart guy.  refresh my memory.  In the thread not long ago, where the cop shot and killed a kid by carelessly discharging is firearm, Was he jailed on a quarter million dollar bail?

Quoted:
Quoted:
Someone refresh my memory.  In the thread last week where the cop left his gun out and his 2 yr old shot himself in the face.  Was he jailed on a quarter million dollar bail?

Do you have a link to this thread about the cop and 2 year old ?
Is this the one from Malvern/Alliance Ohio, Malvern is about 12 miles from me

Yes, yes I do.

The answer btw, is no, he was not jailed.  He was put on admin-leave (aka PAID Vacation!)

No, this wasn't in Ohio
GALENA, Mo. –– A Stone County sheriff's deputy's son died...

Are you saying an officer in OH did the same thing recently?  I would have put money on this being an "isolated incident"

/not
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:20:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2 year old accidentally shooting himself, is NOT the same as an adult holding the pistol when the trigger is pulled now is it?

The former is negligence, the latter is downright suspicious.

But I suppose you think that the cop didn't get bail that high because he was a cop, huh?  Well, take my original statement into consideration next time you spout off at the mouth.

Ok smart guy.  refresh my memory.  In the thread not long ago, where the cop shot and killed a kid by carelessly discharging is firearm, Was he jailed on a quarter million dollar bail?

Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have a link to this thread about the cop and 2 year old ?
Is this the one from Malvern/Alliance Ohio, Malvern is about 12 miles from me

Yes, yes I do.

The answer btw, is no, he was not jailed.  He was put on admin-leave (aka PAID Vacation!)

No, this wasn't in Ohio
GALENA, Mo. –– A Stone County sheriff's deputy's son died...

Are you saying an officer in OH did the same thing recently?  I would have put money on this being an "isolated incident"

/not

Well a Cops 2 year old Son got a hold of his Non Duty weapon and the 2 year old shot himself and died.
It's a fucked up situation when a kid dies like this, well it's fucked up when a kid dies by any means
2 Year Old dies of Gun Shot

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:21:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Under those circumstances, i doubt he saw it as a vacation.
Thats a contractural issue because technically he is still innocent until proven guilty, and it only has a span of about 30 days in many agencies, then reverts to unpaid. Depends on the contract language.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:20:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats a contractural issue because technically he is still innocent until proven guilty, and it only has a span of about 30 days in many agencies, then reverts to unpaid. Depends on the contract language.

So what other job can sign contracts that puts them above the law like that?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:46:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, that's not MY quote
And I wish we did live in a Country where you are innocent until proven guilty
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:49:41 AM EDT
[#22]

I think he is lieing about cleaning the guns. I think he either killed his baby on purpose or some other negligent way and the "cleaning my guns" was the first excuse he could think of.

I vote for this.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:53:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I think he is lieing about cleaning the guns. I think he either killed his baby on purpose or some other negligent way and the "cleaning my guns" was the first excuse he could think of.

I vote for this.

Yup.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:54:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Why do people clean their guns anywhere near the ammo??? I never understood this. Either my loaded mags are in the other room or I have a loaded gun that I'm not going to clean in the same room.

just curious, why do you have to put the ammo so far away?  It's very unlikely that it will jump into your gun as you clean it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 11:30:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

just curious, why do you have to put the ammo so far away?  It's very unlikely that it will jump into your gun as you clean it.

Hey!  It's the pitchfork brigade!  Logic does not apply!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top