User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:31:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They didn't need to kill him. Who's to say being tazed didn't cause him to inadvertently mash the skinny pedal? Here's a tip that even Barney Fife couldn't screw up
1) Reach in and turn off running car
2) Unbuckle driver out of car
3) Remover said driver from car.
View Quote
That is how more cops get dragged and seriously injured or killed.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:32:45 PM EDT
[#2]
oh well

I am good with the outcome
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:34:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:35:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:40:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
bad shoot
View Quote
Lol

I have to question the maturity of a guy with a can of FourLoko as his avatar/username

How many DWIs you have?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:41:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What time's the riot?
View Quote
No riots.
Drunk driver was white.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:41:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Three Days Grace - Riot (Audio)
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:43:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:48:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Why couldn't they shoot the driver in the leg?
View Quote
They should have shot the car out of his hand.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They didn't need to kill him. Who's to say being tazed didn't cause him to inadvertently mash the skinny pedal? Here's a tip that even Barney Fife couldn't screw up
View Quote
Reach to the right side of the steering column directly in front of a uncooperative drunk who could easily latch on to you or grab your gun? No thanks.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:53:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Should have shot the keys out of the ignition.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:10:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Well they shot him in the back of the face and it came out the front of the face.
View Quote
LOL...  I damn near spit Tea all over my Keyboard cracking up....

Play Stupid Games, Win stupid Prizes....  

I hate to see anyone die, but
  • He Choose to Drive Drunk,
  • He Choose to Resist Arrest for the 1st Choice,
  • He finally Choose to try to escape, further endangering the offices and anyone else on the Road or Sidewalks... 

And for a Possible Bonus, I heard the one cop say, He's got a gun...  I say Possible Bonus, as I did not see or hear anything further about it... 

Three Strikes, he's out for good, due too his own Choices...  I only pity his friends and family...

So, this was like a year ago (almost)  still no riots, DinDos, he was just about to get his life back together, Protests, teddy bears for Pookie, anything???
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:38:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 2:43:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So, this was like a year ago (almost)  still no riots, DinDos, he was just about to get his life back together, Protests, teddy bears for Pookie, anything???
View Quote
I thought that word would get you locked, but I guess the ever-shifting sands of the CoC have shifted again.

This time for the better.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 2:47:18 PM EDT
[#15]
How was he going to run them down? They were beside the vehicle.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 2:51:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't understand the logical disconnect so many police agencies have with shooting fleeing drivers, especially drunk ones.

If someone was walking down the road shooting a handgun randomly we would shoot him because he's creating a lethal threat to the innocent general public.

Yet someone careening a 4,000 pound missile all over the road is creating just as big of a threat and people get heartburn about shooting them.
View Quote
People are dumb.  They recognize firearms as weapons but their foggy, semi functional brains can't process that automobiles also are effective weapons.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 2:57:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
How many stops have YOU made?

How many times have YOU been assaulted with a 4,000 lb missile?

Dam Son, even I'M rough on cops and I can see this was a good shoot.

Bartender, another Coke please.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 2:59:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Suspended with pay.
View Quote
Every other job I've had, we called that a paid vacation.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 3:13:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I thought that word would get you locked, but I guess the ever-shifting sands of the CoC have shifted again.

This time for the better.
View Quote
Never heard anything about that, but it sure was cool of you to point it out and bring attention to it..

Of course I've not read the COC in awhile...  I did not even know Nips were allowed till a few weeks ago.. But, as you said, the sands could have shifted and that may be back on the No no list again..
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 4:24:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
OK hero, what if he decides to shoot you as you are reaching in or just mashes the GO FAST as you are hanging out the window.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 4:30:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

OK hero, what if he decides to shoot you as you are reaching in or just mashes the GO FAST as you are hanging out the window.
View Quote
SHHHHHHHHHH!

Don't destroy his Hollywood derived fantasy.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 4:38:24 PM EDT
[#22]
How hard is it to do what the police tell you to do?  Especially when they are pointing a gun at you and screaming commands?

Good shoot.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Great shoot
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 4:50:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
I tried that once.  Halfway through step one the driver did a hard left and accelerated and my ass went skidding across the McDonald's parking lot.

I won't be doing it again.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 4:51:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

http://www.homefacts.com/offender-detail/CA18607330L7363/Michael-Tyler-Jacques.html

WTF so now you get PTSD from being in prison?
"Karen Jacques, 70, said. “But his primary diagnosis was post traumatic stress disorder. That’s from his time in prison.” "
View Quote
But, but, he was doing good, he was improving his life.....
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 4:53:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I wouldn't have fired due to stupid policies and a current hugely anti-police public sentiment.

That cop should have fired. A drunk speeding away out of control from the cops on an icy road is a clear danger to everyone in the general vicinity. No different than if he were walking down the road firing a gun.

Our society and police administrators vastly underestimate the danger of fleeing vehicles, especially those operated by drunks. You do not have the right to endanger innocent lives in the process of committing a felony. You should be shot to stop you from doing you.

1000% good shoot morally, logically, and per the supreme court. Policy and media wise that poor cop is probably fucked.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 4:56:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Your ignorance of police work, it's showing....
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:58:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top