User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:32:20 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I wish we could get a conservative speaker at my U. We got "Spike" Lee instead.

WTF? Texas?! What school pleaze?

UT no doubt... or maybe Rice.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:32:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

mrgrumman.home.comcast.net/AnnCoulterLingerie.JPG

Free, I know that has to be a photoshop job but OMFG
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:35:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hrm.. I would not pay to hear her speak.

I WOULD pay to see her naked though!

www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/3239.jpg

Enjoy the toothpick
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:36:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You guys aren't embarrased in the slightest by the shit that lady spews?  She's a well paid wind up merchant, a troll, and a pathetic pundit to stand behind if you're expecting to ever sway any moderate libs and fence-sitters into the conservative direction.

[shudder]

Could you please be specific as to exactly what she says you find false or misleading?

And why should somebody cater their speech to people who probably aren't going to be convinced anyway? It is analogous to giving foreign aid to the Palestinians: why should we give money to people that hate us? They'll still hate us, and we'll be poorer. Why should we pay attention to those who hate us? Being nice to them only makes one look weak.

A moderate is a conservative who worries about what liberals think of him, and tailors his speech and actions accordingly. See also: "phony".

+1 and Tag for update.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:37:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Most of the Republicans/conservatives I've spoken with that don't like Ann Coulter (the few I've found) seem to be one of three types.  They are:  

1.  A RINO
2.  Someone who doesn't like any kind of confrontation.
3.  Someone who still thinks there's some hope of converting liberals/democraps with reasoable talk.
4.  Someone who doesn't like her looks or her voice for some emotional reason.
Or,

5.  A DU'er logged into an Arfcom troll account to stir up shit.

I say be as confrontational as possible, use the libtards own tactics against them.  We're way past the point of being reasonable with people who'd throw the country away to our enemies.

+1 We have "conservative" sheeple among us.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:42:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anne Coulter is a paid troll.  A very well paid troll

Her caustic attitude is the very reason she's in such high demand.

She could push her agenda further without some of her off-color remarks.  

I can appreciate her for attacking the ACLU (someone's got to keep them in line), but she turns off prospective listeners when she turns to shock value instead.  

Howard Stern + political motives + a slight psychosis = Anne Coulter

But the same university paying Howard Dean to appear is okay?

I'm not taking issue with the university/ student organization's choice in speakers.  Our centers for higher education should be more balanced in their selection (equal "right" and "left" #'s of speaking engagements)(or a debate between equivalent size teams).

At the base of Coulter's arguments (underneath the antagonistic remarks) there is some merit.  Some of what she argues is hard to ignore...it's her chosen manner that I disagree with.  

An earlier poster slightly admonished me for giving Coulter hell when "She simply uses the same tactics that the libtards use. Which leaves her with all the charm and class of Al Gore"

she does nothing to further a political cause (in fact hinders it) when she opens that gaping cockholster of hers and says some of the things she has become famous for.

a close analogy, i made earlier is Howard Stern...a "shock jock" or "troll" someone whose substance (what's left anyway) is lost in the feeble attention whoring (caustic, antagonistic, fact-less, subjective remarks).

just my .02

But.......................But..........................ummmmm..........Aren't you are doing the same thing to her?

The coolest thing about her is watching the Libs lose thier friggin minds when she smacks them upside the head with some witty TRUTH! They really hate to be bothered with facts instead of emotional baseless points of view. She is quick and puts them in thier place. I love her.

GO ANN! W00T!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:50:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

IOW,you can't back up your assertions at all with any facts? You charge her with misstatements and lies, but won't back up your charges with facts? All you have is your opinion? Opinions are not facts, unless a new definition was added to Webster's recently...

Re-reminder: I never charged her with lies or misstatements(although i'm sure i could, again, if i could get past her trollish hate filled rhetoric, border line racism, etc.) Now, maybe you're just really bad with basic reading comprehension, or I'm mistaken and did infact "charge her with lies or misstatement".  If this is the case, I beg of you to link me to exactly and precisely where I did infact "charge her with lies or misstatments".  Because I can't find it.      

Anything?  

Waiting.....

Got it yet?

Didn't think so...

While I was waiting, I was thinking... Even though I never brought up whether she lies or not, I must admit, off the top of my head, she doesn't!  Arabs do infact wear 'rags' on their heads.  Now, would I be idiotic enough to run around calling them "ragheads" on college campuses and such if I wanted to be considered a respectable pundit or spokesperson for my political affiliation? Errrrrrrr, NO!

It's not what you say, it's how you say it, and that's the issue I and others have with her.  Again, she's nothing more than a high priced troll.  That being said, I do fully respect her ability to get paid so well doing what millions of people do for free on the internet daily!  

Quoted:
Turn-in your man card Tekloid.  We'll give it back when you start using logic instead of emotion. hr

hy
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:53:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You guys aren't embarrased in the slightest by the shit that lady spews?

Not in the least.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:57:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can appreciate her for attacking the ACLU (someone's got to keep them in line), but she turns off prospective listeners when she turns to shock value instead.  

+1.  She is the Sheehan of the right.

You are so far out in left field you are in another stadium.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:58:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:59:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not taking issue with the university/ student organization's choice in speakers.  Our centers for higher education should be more balanced in their selection (equal "right" and "left" #'s of speaking engagements)(or a debate between equivalent size teams).

At the base of Coulter's arguments (underneath the antagonistic remarks) there is some merit.  Some of what she argues is hard to ignore...it's her chosen manner that I disagree with.  

An earlier poster slightly admonished me for giving Coulter hell when "She simply uses the same tactics that the libtards use. Which leaves her with all the charm and class of Al Gore"

she does nothing to further a political cause (in fact hinders it) when she opens that gaping cockholster of hers and says some of the things she has become famous for.

a close analogy, i made earlier is Howard Stern...a "shock jock" or "troll" someone whose substance (what's left anyway) is lost in the feeble attention whoring (caustic, antagonistic, fact-less, subjective remarks).

just my .02

But.......................But..........................ummmmm..........Aren't you are doing the same thing to her?

well, the cockholster remark was a bit uncalled for.

certainly a bit of irony there.

The fact is, if you aren't able to make a defensable stand for a particular talking point (political or otherwise) without resorting to the use of derisive name-calling (let's use umm  attention whoring cockholster for example) your argument loses much of its merit among academics, professionals, etc.
Here, we are simply debating the pros and cons (informally) of one Anne Coulter.  I'm not attempting to sway public opinion, this discourse will have no effect on the future decisions of the American populace, and I'm certainly no public figure.

Anne Coulter is a public figure, she makes public appearances regularly in academic institutions, and her talking points are certainly republican/right biased.

And you wonder why "libtard" schools invite Anne Coulter as opposed to a "more polished" speaker (with similar leanings) to attend these kinds of events?

maybe it's something to think about...
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:07:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
And you wonder why "libtard" schools invite Anne Coulter as opposed to a "more polished" speaker (with similar leanings) to attend these kinds of events?

maybe it's something to think about...hinking.gif

exactly. nail + head.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:14:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

just my .02

well, the cockholster remark was a bit uncalled for.

certainly a bit of irony there.

The fact is, if you aren't able to make a defensable stand for a particular talking point (political or otherwise) without resorting to the use of derisive name-calling (let's use umm  attention whoring cockholster for example) your argument loses much of its merit among academics, professionals, etc.
Here, we are simply debating the pros and cons (informally) of one Anne Coulter.  I'm not attempting to sway public opinion, this discourse will have no effect on the future decisions of the American populace, and I'm certainly no public figure.

Anne Coulter is a public figure, she makes public appearances regularly in academic institutions, and her talking points are certainly republican/right biased.

maybe it's something to think about...

She does give facts. She just throws in some smartass witty comments to go with it. It entertains the masses. (such as ME)

Seriously though, She is pretty tame until the libs attack her and then she counter attacks and is good at it.

Liberalism IS a mental disease!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:30:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Just another GOP chickenhawk

Ah, one of the left's favorite terms.  I swear sometimes one would think we were at DU by reading some of the bullshit on this board.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:32:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
This seems to be a sad recurring theme with conservatives(and liberals as well). Doing detrimental things against your own interest simply to piss your adversary off. In the end, you're left looking just as loony as you claim your opposite to be, at least to people such as myself.

Oh, I don't know. I think it would take an awful lot for "us" to appear as loony as "them."

She could tune down the inflammatory rhetoric, but like said, it really wouldn't win any "fencesitters" to our side. And getting the loony left to hyperventilate is always a positive thing.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:32:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yea but the way she pisses off the Liberals is pricless

FREE

This seems to be a sad recurring theme with conservatives(and liberals as well).  Doing detrimental things against your own interest simply to piss your adversary off.  In the end, you're left looking just as loony as you claim your opposite to be, at least to people such as myself.  

Quoted:
Could you please be specific as to exactly what she says you find false or misleading?

Sorry, but you'll have to forgive me for not having anything for you at this time. You see, whenever I've listened to or read what she's had to say, I always end up too busy filtering through hate filled trollish rhetoric, border line racism, and idiocy, to ever get around to claiming what she might be dribbling out as "false or misleading".  Maybe if she acted like a civilized human being when she spoke, instead of a high priced insult toy for conservatives obsessed with liberals, I might give her, and you, some time in my busy day.  Until then,

I other words, you can't prove your allegation that she says false or misleading things.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:40:35 PM EDT
[#17]
I'd like to say that I've heard enough of what she says to make a judgement on her rhetorical skills, but everytime I see her I am too busy imagining her playing a solo on my meat-whistle to notice what she is blabbering about.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:49:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yea but the way she pisses off the Liberals is pricless

FREE

This seems to be a sad recurring theme with conservatives(and liberals as well).  Doing detrimental things against your own interest simply to piss your adversary off.  In the end, you're left looking just as loony as you claim your opposite to be, at least to people such as myself.  

Quoted:

Sorry, but you'll have to forgive me for not having anything for you at this time. You see, whenever I've listened to or read what she's had to say, I always end up too busy filtering through hate filled trollish rhetoric, border line racism, and idiocy, to ever get around to claiming what she might be dribbling out as "false or misleading".  Maybe if she acted like a civilized human being when she spoke, instead of a high priced insult toy for conservatives obsessed with liberals, I might give her, and you, some time in my busy day.  Until then,

I other words, you can't prove your allegation that she says false or misleading things.

Dude, buy one of her books. One of my friends is a big fan, and I borrowed his library of her pseudo academic crap just to see what the big fuss was about.

Ms. Coulter is at best, a easy target for liberals that does nothing to foward the conservative agenda. Her "academic" arguements were flimsy at best... where she points out the failings of the democratic party 50 years ago to somehow justify outrageous statements of trying democrats for treason and hanging them from trees. Well apparently, in her vision of America a dissenting opinion is punishable by death, the war on terror is the Crusades, and America should simply dominate the world and become a fourth reich because we never do anything wrong. The outrageous, ethnocentric and racist statements just chip away at the credibility and seriousness of the republican party. If you really are too lazy to look up her work, (as that seems to be your best defense for her not being nothing more of a peice of polit-tainment fluff) then you probably shouldn't be judging her, for or against now should you?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:54:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Tagged for After Action Report.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:35:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The trolls are out in force tonight!  

Yes, they are. Well, one has outted itself anyways.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:46:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Tag for the outing of the DU trolls
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:50:41 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The trolls are out in force tonight!  

Yes, they are. Well, one has outted itself anyways.

Yup , someone left the retard gate open.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:40:53 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
This seems to be a sad recurring theme with conservatives(and liberals as well). Doing detrimental things against your own interest simply to piss your adversary off. In the end, you're left looking just as loony as you claim your opposite to be, at least to people such as myself.

Odd, I don't recall anyone saying Ann said things in order to piss people off. She does, however, fire off witty and painful truths which tend to piss libtards off. Is she trying to piss them off on purpose? Of course not. Is she trying to educate the sub-cromagnon minds of the libtards? Of course she is.

*sniff* *sniff*... anybody else smell roasting troll???
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:27:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Ann Coulter is all about attacking liberals.  Liberals love attacking the president, Republicans, and conservatives and do it with relish at every moment. Often with massive lies, distortions, and almost palpable hatred and rage. But Coulter isn't just the conservative side of the same coin, just as bad as libs who slam Republicans.

1.  She's funny.  Funny as hell when she writes, not as funny when she speaks.

2.  She has the additional advantage of being correct in her precise and well-argued criticisms of the liberals' most cherished ideas, beliefs, individuals and institutions.  Liberals are not used to hearing the things Coulter says, not used to being challenged, and  they're certainly not used to being attacked and villified so viciously.  And they're not capable of arguing with her, so they call her a trans-sexual (even though they're supposedly the tolerant accepting ones of GBLTs and Republicans are supposedly the haters), they yell her down or try to stop her from being heard, and throw food at her.  They just wont debate, but they can't ignore her because her attacks are so vicious and devastating.

I love Ann Coulter.  "The Human Uzi" and one book reviewer called her.  She kicks huge amounts of ass and never lets up.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:28:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Wish we could get the $$$ to bring her here
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:32:45 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Wish we could get the $$$ to bring her here

You could do the ol' affirmative action bakesale thing.  Sell popcorn or other snacks to the students, but charge blacks and latinos the least, whites and Asians more.  And when the libtards start howling in protest, call you racist, and the school administration moves in to stop you, point out that the school does the very same thing with their admissions policy.  So why are you so outraged at the College Republicans' little bake sale?

Oh, it drives them crazy
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:42:13 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Wow, another person whos seen these "allegations" that I've supposedly made! Surely YOU(beings how the other person hasn't come up with one yet), might have a link or quote showing where I stated *specificly* that what she says is "false or misleading".  I'd defend my stance if that was infact exactly what I said, but it isn't, not even close...  

Got quote? Else, try again...  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top