Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 6:56:06 AM EDT
[#1]
What's the objection to giving the guy (Abdullah al-Muhajir) a jury trial to prove that he acted in a way that cancels his citizenship?
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 7:03:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Although I haven't read all of the replys, I must ask...

At what point will WE (as in Freedom loving, anti Big Brother) be labeled "terrorists"?

Not too many years ago, I would have said that "anti american trash" should have no rights.  As I get older, I recognize how evil the government is and I see that the posibility exists when "I" might be that "anti american government trash"
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 7:20:19 AM EDT
[#3]
One more time for those of you who want to try to compare lawful gunowners with Taliban fighters and dirty bombers named Muhammed:

If the government ever labels you an 'enemy combatent' for owning guns, it is over.  You no longer must respect their authority.  They are out to destroy the constitution, and therefore you must take up arms in it's defense.  IF YOU WIN.  Yahoo!  We win, the tyrants are killed, freedom rings!  IF YOU LOSE.  You will die and go down in history as a fighter that was killed in war.  Students centuries from now will read about your battles against the State.  Whether you are portrayed as a hero or a villain will be decided by history.

That's life.  Get used to it.  We are not guaranteed a free nation forever.  Someday, we might be called upon to fight, and if we are ever captured during hostilities, it would be completely unreasonable for us to expect some mythical constitutional protection.  Did Nathan Hale appeal to his rights under the King?  NO!  Did Patrick Henry plead with John Bull to give him his citizen's due?  HELL NO!

This is what people face when they are fighting the government.  This goes for terrorists as well as YOU!
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 7:52:18 AM EDT
[#4]
This issue of holding individuals without due process and denied their rights will come back and bite us all in the ass real hard. The definitions, justifications or excuses are so loosely defined that it leaves it wild open to be used against you just as easily. Contrary to what you might like to believe, you are not that important and you don't mean squat to those in power. So yeah, screw those traitors and screw the rest of you all too. This statement is not my personal feeling, this statement will be fact. It is just a matter of time before these same rulings will be used against you and I won't be laughing. This BS that the government is putting out to justify holding individuals is part of a big screwing against the American public. It is nothing more than part of a big master mind phuck at the moment. It will get physical later... unfortunately against you.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 8:02:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, boys and girls, if you don't want a piece of what's happening to Hamdi, Fuzz-face, Jihad Johnny, and Jose Padildo, then  fercryingoutloud, don't declare a Jihad against the United States and then immediately lose the friggin' war!

These folks are lucky that they are breathing in my estimation!

And [b]Jarhead_22[/b] echoes my own thoughts at the time - WTF are we bringing these POSs to America for anyway? A trial by an 'all-OJ, all of the time' jury?

Let the Northern Alliance commanders do with them what they do best....

Eric The(ThisIsWar,Damnit!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 9:11:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The judge of our fight will not be a judge in a courtroom, but the judge of history.
View Quote

I really like this quote!  Did you pick it up someplace or did you make it up?  Do you mind if I use it for my Sig line?  Thanks,

- Nw -
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 9:18:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So what happens when YOU are declared guilty of treason for the heinous act of daring to own a 'scary' gun?
View Quote

If we are at the point where owning a gun is grounds for being charged with treason, whether or not you get a trial is going to be beside the point because it will be too late.
That's just a stupid argument anyway.
View Quote

So, up until that point its ok but when we cross that line its just too late and tough shit?

Quite a few of you people SCARE the hell outta me.

Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 10:15:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The judge of our fight will not be a judge in a courtroom, but the judge of history.
View Quote

I really like this quote!  Did you pick it up someplace or did you make it up?  Do you mind if I use it for my Sig line?  Thanks,
View Quote

I made up the exact words above, but I have come across the concept elsewhere.  Sorry, I don't remember where.  Feel free to use the quote if you like it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 10:21:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So, up until that point its ok but when we cross that line its just too late and tough shit?

Quite a few of you people SCARE the hell outta me.

Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?
View Quote

And some of you people make me sick.  You wouldn't have lasted ten minutes in 1943.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 10:29:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
These folks are lucky that they are breathing in my estimation!
View Quote

I don't think they have the right to suck up any of my air.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 11:00:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Post from RikWriter -
And some of you people make me sick. You wouldn't have lasted ten minutes in 1943.
View Quote

Now [u]that's[/u] the Gospel truth! [:D]

There would sure be a lot of belly-aching from these folks back then! (They didn't use the word, 'bitching' back then)

I can just see them loudly protesting at the Relocation Assembly Center!

Right before the MPs arrived!

Oh, well! Thankfully, the American Public was restrained by the military and law enforcement officials from taking its own actions against foreign nationals.

Eric The(HonestToGod)Hun[>]:)]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top