Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:36:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Great Series. Too bad it is ending...
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:38:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Started out great, but its been going down hill with the entire focus on the dimension jumping SciFi shit. Time to wrap it up before the writers go full retard.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:43:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Giving the show a hard end date frames things for the writers and forces them to eliminate any filler or uncertainty about how long to drag things out.

More shows should have an end date planned from the beginning, IMO. It eliminates the Lost Factor, AKA "we ran out of script three seasons ago and now we're just making this shit up as we go along".
View Quote
That's on thing that made Breaking Bad so good and made The Walking Dead so drawn out and boring.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:44:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Season-based shows suck, I realized that after watching Walking Dead.

Their formula is to give us 60% boring character development, 30% action, and 10% cliffhangers.

I'd rather have a good 2 hour film TBH.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh. I tried to watch but it was as exciting as watching grass grow
Season-based shows suck, I realized that after watching Walking Dead.

Their formula is to give us 60% boring character development, 30% action, and 10% cliffhangers.

I'd rather have a good 2 hour film TBH.
You know maybe that's the problem. Another example would be The X Files. I loved it at first when the episodes were "stand-alone". Then it went to the non-stop conspiracy aliens thing and they made it a recurring drama and I just lost interest because it's just a PITA for me to keep up with everything from week to week.

Now that I think about it most of the shows I like aren't really season-based. I just want some mindless entertainment for a little bit while i'm taking a break or eating dinner. I don't want to have to try to keep up with a main story arc, 15 characters and their back stories, 5 sub-plots, and then try to figure out how that all ties back together.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:58:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've enjoyed the show, but this is probably for the best.  The show is just getting a little too out there.  Not the dimension jumping stuff, but just the random things that get inserted into the story that don't seem to serve a purpose.  Two things that come to mind are the jew hunters and the jewish community hiding in the boonies, or the "surprise! This one character who has been int he show since the beginning is gay!  Just wanted you to know but it serves zero purpose in the story lol!"  I'm just getting the impression that they are struggling to keep a decent story alive so they have resorted to random filler shit.
View Quote
Yep.  I love the original story and most PKD books.  I think they did a better job than I expected adapting it to TV, but they probably could've shaved a whole season off and made a much tighter, harder hitting show had they known when the plug would be pulled.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 11:18:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm not exactly sad about this.  Started off great and slowly declined.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 11:33:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I enjoyed the show for the most part. I could do without the obligatory HEY LOOK AT ME I'M GAY scenes that seem to be in every single show on television, though. That was cringe-worthy to me.

A side note, the actress that plays Juliana was in the Punisher season two for a couple of episodes in case anybody missed that.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 11:39:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I found it boring.  But the book was pretty good.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 11:43:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The premise of these kinds of shows is so retarded that I can't bare to watch them.
View Quote
You don't have to watch it naked if you don't want to bruh...
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 11:44:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The Black List comes to mind as I finished that recently. It was really awesome at first but the last couple seasons just felt like they were trying to milk almonds every episode and the finale almost made me throw a brick at my tv.
View Quote
The worst offender is The Walking Dead.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 4:29:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You have put a dark cloud over my day, OP.  My bride and I loved this show.  Hate to see it cancelled.
View Quote
I too, am disappointed by this. One of the few shows I bother(ed) to watch.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 5:58:24 AM EDT
[#12]
I think I started into season 3 a while back, but didn't finish it. I need to.

It's a good show. Interesting concept....   but I do find it disconcerting every time I see swastikas all over everything.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 6:02:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Giving the show a hard end date frames things for the writers and forces them to eliminate any filler or uncertainty about how long to drag things out.

More shows should have an end date planned from the beginning, IMO. It eliminates the Lost Factor, AKA "we ran out of script three seasons ago and now we're just making this shit up as we go along".
View Quote
Totally agree. Many shows run way too long.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 6:11:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Damn
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 7:14:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It seems every show must have this in it.

It is sickening.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good, stopped watching when they went homo loving.

It is sickening.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLPLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Oh noez

Teh gayz r out their

I've seen every episode at least twice and until you guys brought up the gay stuff, I didn't even remember. And all I do remember was the guy was a gay guy he met another gay guy and then I guess they had gay sex but who gives a fuck?
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 7:26:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It is sickening.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good, stopped watching when they went homo loving.

It is sickening.
Cough cough cough.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Hollywood-has-been-grooming-men-for-years/5-2178381/

Our own fault.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 7:42:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLPLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Oh noez

Teh gayz r out their

I've seen every episode at least twice and until you guys brought up the gay stuff, I didn't even remember. And all I do remember was the guy was a gay guy he met another gay guy and then I guess they had gay sex but who gives a fuck?
View Quote
I think it’s more to do with Hollywood’s need to beat this worn out trope to death then anyone here being uptight. It’s lazy writing.I’m guessing they are talking about the drowned rat looking guy from Road Trip. They took a d story line and shoved it in because well, they had to do something with his character. I thought the lesbo film maker and the relationship with the reporter was the laziest useless use of the persecuted gay storyline. Two characters that had virtually no screen time or purpose to the story at all. Just LAZY.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 8:35:32 AM EDT
[#18]
I watched most of the first season, it was ok.

I may finish it eventually.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 8:38:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
I never got past the 4th or 5th episode before I got bored of that show. I have no idea how people stuck with it for so many seasons.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 8:41:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yep....AMC milked that like Disney did to Star Wars.

It turned its loyal viewers into suckers that they knew they could keep bringing mback for more.....and if people had know what it became never would have continued watching it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top