Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:06:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Why don't you want to make eye contact??

I stare down punk-ass-bitches all the time, it lets them know who is really in control of the situation.

I believe if you keep looking down at the ground and avoiding the "enemy" they will perceive you as weak. Unlike making eye contact with a lion in the wild, most loser punks back down.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:07:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:11:18 PM EDT
[#3]
The "Focus Beyond Them" approach has always worked for me.

Maybe Im one of those types people can just look at and see I dont want to be bothered.

Interestingly enough, many or most of these offending people will move when they discover you're not playing their game.

Big +1.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:11:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
So, I was at the video store the other day looking for a movie.  This guy comes walking down the isle and he looked really pissed.  I went to the right, but he was already going to the right so I went to the left but then he was going to the left.  I sort of stood there like a deer in headlights, because this dude looked pretty scary and I figured I would just stand there and let him go around me.  So, when he goes by he RAMS me with his shoulder!!! That fricken hurt!! Man, people these days!

Funny, really funny.

FYI, I look people in the eye. Granted I have to look up at them. But when I pass people I say "hello" or "hi" most of the time. I really try to give people a wide berth if they are not looking where they are going. You know the type, talking on their cell phone, backing up or just walking without looking where they are going. I understand these people and they don't bother me. They just have something else on their mind other than where they are at and what they are doing. I REALLY am polite if a person doesn't look, backs up, runs into me and then says they are sorry or excuse me. I always say, "No problem" or "that's ok", while looking at them in the eye.

This punk that played with me? I looked him right in the eye and he still didn't give way. The only way I wouldn't have been able to NOT make contact with him, was by ducking into another video row or by stopping and turning 90 degrees and letting them pass like royalty. He knew I was there and he looked me right in the eye about 10 feet from me. 3 steps and he got what he had coming.

The thing that surprised me? MOST of the time, up here in the great white north, people are polite and you do hear a lot of "excuse me" or "pardon me". I bet this dick was a KoolAid drinking follower of Michael Moore. He saw a guy that was 6 inches shorter than him, conservative hair cut, clean and he was going to give a conservative looking guy a "liberal hello". The guy most have been stupid because I probably had 50 pounds on him. Figure pit bull vs. greyhound.

There are times when I don't care if it escalates and last night was one of them. I have HAD it with some people and will most definately let them know I am, not for ONE SECOND, going to put up with their crap. I hoped I bent a "Hillary for President" button. I know he must have gotten the message because he and his stinky girlfriend left the store IMMEDIATELY.

I hate it when people act this way and when this kind of thing happens. It makes it even more pronounced because this only happens in a blue moon. Unless you are on the liberal side of town. Crime in that area is sky high.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:32:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh please.  You guys sound worse than the people who you claim are "impolite".  It's a fucking walkway, it has nothing to do with your "masculinity, social standing or ego".  You should have smiled politely before you shoved him into the racks and then told us the real reason, "you like picking on liberals".
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:34:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Oh please.  You guys sound worse than the people who you claim are "impolite".  It's a fucking walkway, it has nothing to do with your "masculinity, social standing or ego".  You should have smiled politely before you shoved him into the racks and then told us the real reason, "you like picking on liberals".

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:37:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You should have smiled politely before you shoved him into the racks and then told us the real reason, "you like picking on liberals".

You act like that's a bad thing or something  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:38:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You should have smiled politely before you shoved him into the racks and then told us the real reason, "you like picking on liberals".

You don't?

-James
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:57:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
So, I was at the video store the other day looking for a movie.  This guy comes walking down the isle and he looked really pissed.  I went to the right, but he was already going to the right so I went to the left but then he was going to the left.  I sort of stood there like a deer in headlights, because this dude looked pretty scary and I figured I would just stand there and let him go around me.  So, when he goes by he RAMS me with his shoulder!!! That fricken hurt!! Man, people these days!

In other news, your girlfriend needs a shower.

Water this time.  The Patchouli isn't cutting it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:05:46 PM EDT
[#10]
You did good... EXCEPT you should have stood over him, pissed on him to assert your dominance, then banged his stank GF right there in the aisle.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:11:03 PM EDT
[#11]
for some reason people avoid getting in my way. I'm not sure why...
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:16:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:17:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:19:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:24:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Tht's when you stop in the aisle, pull out your 20-round mag and gaze at it to make sure it's full.  Then you turn to him with an evil grin and put it back in its holder.

Continue your walk... he'll move.  :)

And yes... I'm kidding.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:42:40 PM EDT
[#16]
So, do you still have everything? Wallet? Cell Phone? Keys? Money clip? Drugs?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:47:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Whenever people do this to me I just say "excuse me" while I walk into them.

There is a certain look you need to have - the not making eye contact tip above works too. I find that most people get out of the way when you follow that rule and then there's the few that need to be taugh the lesson by getting run over.

Aboard Navy ships SOP is the guy with the higher ranks goes through the knee knockers - the narrowing in the passageways every 20 feet for the frame - the strenght members. When the airwing flys aboard the ship they bring hundreds of kids that have never been aboard a ship before and who don't know the rules of the road. I spend the first two or three weeks of every cruise nailing these kids to the wall to inform them one-by-one that they get out of my way. Big guys get really confused when they get grabed and pushed aside by someone smaller than them as if the law of gross tonage applied inside the hull of the ship too! I'd always excuse myself as I grabbed them and then informed them of the tradition.

Once I grabbed a female by accident but she was in too much shock to complain and I was in too much of a hurry to notice.

Most junior officers will also yield the right-of-way to a master chief too. That's not right and I let them through first.

E-9 and O-4 and above are all I make way for. Anyone else, and this 6'6" 300lb sailor is gonna bump into you at a minimum. Too many times I have tried to be polite and got a bruise or worse to show for it. Now I just don't care. My last ship was the USS George Washington. I had the crew trained a month into cruise. Everyone who saw me coming got out of the way.
This squadron puke has been ship's company, and knows the rules, but apparently the rules are different depending on what coast you are on. East coast ships, well, hell, they don't give a damn. They will gaggle up in the passageways and will not move if you want to get by carrying something. I found that out the first time I did a squadron onload.

Out in town, the same rules apply. Groups of friends do not have to walk line abreast to be able to talk to each other, ya dig?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:49:21 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
"SHOW HIM YOUR WAR FACE!!!!"

Damn that's funny.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:30:10 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"SHOW HIM YOUR WAR FACE!!!!"

Damn that's funny.  

I think this was the expression on my face last night.

Oh, did I tell you, I was in my white underwear too!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:53:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey I'm Walking Here!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top