Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:27:20 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
That's the latest line of crap that I've heard coming from the office down the hall of a liberal nut job at work.  She's been fuming all morning about the Republicans, the convention, and their platform.  I guess they must be doing something right to have her so pissed off.  It just sucks that I have to hear it.

So, would you hit it?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:29:22 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
That's the latest line of crap that I've heard coming from the office down the hall of a liberal nut job at work.  She's been fuming all morning about the Republicans, the convention, and their platform.  I guess they must be doing something right to have her so pissed off.  It just sucks that I have to hear it.

Just tell her, "Gee whiz, sweetie, if your brain worked as well as your uterus, they'd want that, too!"
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:34:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well, there are some Republicans that want a Constitutional Amendment to ban abortion. As long as those Republicans are out there pushing something like that the Democrats are going to make it an issue.

Personally, I'm against abortion being used as a form of birth control. But I don't see where the government has the right to put a gun to a woman's head and demand that she give birth to a child she doesn't want. It's her body.

And it's someone else's body that she's having scraped out of hers before it's ready to go.

What she does with her body is fine, but when she starts affecting the body of someone else, that's where it becomes problematic.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:36:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:48:14 AM EDT
[#5]
My wife started on me about that last night.
I reiterated to her that I
#1 believe that abortion is murder
#2 vote solely on gun rights
#3 can't believe she goes to a Catholic Church and believes women should be able to murder babies

Luckily I have a comfortable couch.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:48:20 AM EDT
[#6]
All you pro-choicers/pro-babymurder will probably burn in hell with all the rest of the people that use abortion for birthcontrol.  All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing.  So you know abortion is wrong and yet you do nothing, and really dont care?

A baby in the womb is a seprate life....you dont own it, so how can you justifiy killing it?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:50:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does sweep's god and Your god ever get together and have lunch?

Maybe they could call up hielo's god and invite him, too?

I don't know, but I'll have my people call God's people, and God's people can call Sweep's people to see if Sweep's people maintain regular contact with Sweep's God's people on the matters of scheduling.  My people will let your people know if there is anything on the schedule!

Make no mistake about it, I follow the Christian God. The only one there is.

It might be the only christian god, but it surely is not the only god.  Not by a long shot.

Hay! I'm trying to stay out of this tangental abortion debate!!!

Back to the uteri and how to bag more of them!!!!

-LS

Damn!  And the popcorn is ready!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:51:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I guess I'm just not a big fan of theocracies, that's all.
That whole...

"THOU SHALT NOT HAVE strange gods BEFORE ME."

"THOU SHALT NOT TAKE THE NAME OF THE LORD THY GOD IN VAIN"

"THOU SHALT NOT COVET...."

I prefer the First Amendment.
Anyone who feels that it should be tossed, will probably toss the Second, as well.

I dislike Theocracies only a little less than I like the wanton murder of babies.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:52:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Personally, I'm against abortion being used as a form of birth control. But I don't see where the government has the right to put a gun to a woman's head and demand that she give birth to a child she doesn't want. It's her body.

You're against abortion when used as birth control, but isn't not giving birth to an unwanted child using abortion as birth control?

Yes.

Isn't a child inside a woman's body alive?

Yes.

What was that old sawying about Thou Shall Not Murder?

See where I'm going yet?

Do I believe it's murder? Yes. Do I believe in the Christian God? Yes.

However, my argument is that the government has no right to a person's body. If abortion is against God's laws, then let God deal with the offender in cases of abortion. Why? Who would be the wiser if a woman took a coat hanger to herself or used some kind of herbal drink (if there is such a thing) to abort the fetus? You would never know, but God would and it's God's job to judge that person not mine.

Once it's outside the womb, it's a whole different issue. Although it would be againsts the laws of God, it would also be against laws of our government and the offender should be punished.

You can not force someone to do something with their body that they don't want to do.

I agree with the philosophy, don't agree with implementing it into law. The Republicans need to drop this issue. All it's doing is pushing more people away.

Is there a particular reason why our laws should NOT mirror God's laws in this one area?

You can't get around the argument that it's a woman's body that is effected by the pregnancy. I have no right to put a gun to her head and say, "You will give birth or I will take your life," thereby taking two lives. That's ludicrous.

It seems like we are sitting on the fence here.  Abortion is morally wrong.  Abortion is against God's law, Abortion is the taking of innocent life...   BUT we should NOT change the current law, because the current law is, well, current.  Therefore current laws should not be changed as it will make people mad.

It's morally wrong for you and me. Not the ones that are having hem or performing them. Hell, if they had morals or were following God's laws to begin with, they wouldn't be having sex before marraige. But that's another thread. What right do I have to force my morals on someone else if it doesn't effect my life?

Making abortion illegal will just cause more problems with government intrusions into our lives and more money spent forcing women to have children they don't want and the government will have to support. Not to mention the coat hanger abortions that will end up resulting in more loss of lives of women.

Also, unlike murdering a human that has already been born, I don't think I'm in any danger of being murdered as a fetus. It doesn't effect me. If you want to stop abortions, go out and raise money to buy up the abortion clinics properties and close them down. Form some group that offers an alternative to abortion. Make sure no one in your church is having premarital sex or having an abortion, but don't try and make the rest of society obey your morals.

Personally, if I found out that smoeone in my church was having premarital sex or planned on having an abortion, I would let them know what the consequences are and then if they didn't listen, they wouldn't be a member of that church anymore. Whatever they do outside of the church I would have no control over.

All and all, we'll never see a law prohibiting abortion in this country. It just isn't going to happen.

Agreed.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:52:13 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
All you pro-choicers/pro-babymurder will probably burn in hell with all the rest of the people that use abortion for birthcontrol.  All it take for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing.  So you know abortion is wrong and yet you do nothing, and really dont care?

Abortion is a good thing, one of the few things governments should do is to pay for abortions.

Evil is bringing baby after baby into an uncaring world, leavingit to it's own devices, then punishing it when it breaks one of your rules.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:54:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
All you pro-choicers/pro-babymurder will probably burn in hell with all the rest of the people that use abortion for birthcontrol.  All it take for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing.  So you know abortion is wrong and yet you do nothing, and really dont care?

Abortion is a good thing, one of the few things governments should do is to pay for abortions.

Evil is bringing baby after baby into an uncaring world, leavingit to it's own devices, then punishing it when it breaks one of your rules.

Better to kill it before it can? Before it can do anything? Hell, we worry more about treating a convicted murderer properly!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:56:13 AM EDT
[#12]

So why dont you go to Africa and murder all the kids there that dont have it so good?  Im sure youll enjoy that alot, knowing that your doing a good thing.  Sick fuck.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:58:08 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

So why dont you go to Africa and murder all the kids there that dont have it so good?  Im sure youll enjoy that alot, knowing that your doing a good thing.  Sick fuck.

<lol>, no need, they are doing an admirable job of wiping themselves out.  Give them 10 years and you won't have anything to worry about on the african continent.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:02:21 AM EDT
[#14]

no need, they are doing an admirable job of wiping themselves out. Give them 10 years and you won't have anything to worry about on the african contine

The lowest little child in Africa is a better person than you.  
Your eagerness to murded children puts you at about the level of Jeffery dommer if not lower.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:06:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
My wife started on me about that last night.
I reiterated to her that I
#1 believe that abortion is murder
#2 vote solely on gun rights
#3 can't believe she goes to a Catholic Church and believes women should be able to murder babies

Luckily I have a comfortable couch.

You smooth talker.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:06:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:14:11 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

no need, they are doing an admirable job of wiping themselves out. Give them 10 years and you won't have anything to worry about on the african contine

The lowest little child in Africa is a better person than you.  
Your eagerness to murded children puts you at about the level of Jeffery dommer if not lower.

Ok, but personally, the "lowest little child" in africa ain't here, and isn't eating my lunch, so we will never know.  <lol>.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:15:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Eternal Damnation!  Double Tap!  I am doing it for the chilluns!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:22:35 AM EDT
[#19]

Ok, but personally, the "lowest little child" in africa ain't here, and isn't eating my lunch, so we will never know

The last shall be first.  You take joy in the thought of children being murdered?  Your one sick person.  I dont know if your mentally ill, or just evil, but you need help in one form or another.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:26:22 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A baby in the womb is a seprate life....you dont own it, so how can you justifiy killing it?

Guess you think we should do something about homosexuals too?

Am I the only one here that follows the Christian religion that understands 1 Cor. 5?

1 Corinthians 5

Expel the Immoral Brother!

1  It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that does not occur even among pagans: A man has his father's wife.
2  And you are proud! Shouldn't you rather have been filled with grief and have put out of your fellowship the man who did this?
3  Even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. And I have already passed judgment on the one who did this, just as if I were present.
4  When you are assembled in the name of our Lord Jesus and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present,
5  hand this man over to Satan, so that the sinful nature[1] may be destroyed and his spirit saved on the day of the Lord.
6  Your boasting is not good. Don't you know that a little yeast works through the whole batch of dough?
7  Get rid of the old yeast that you may be a new batch without yeast--as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed.
8  Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old yeast, the yeast of malice and wickedness, but with bread without yeast, the bread of sincerity and truth.
9  I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people--
10  not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world.
11  But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.
12  What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?
13  God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you."[2]

Footnotes

5:5 Or that his body; or that the flesh
5:13 Deut. 17:7; 19:19; 21:21; 22:21,24; 24:7

Seems pretty clear to me.  Not that I would like to see the slaughter of innocents to go on of course.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:30:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Abortion is already illegal, why aren't we enforcing the laws?

No one shall be deprived of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:34:08 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Ok, but personally, the "lowest little child" in africa ain't here, and isn't eating my lunch, so we will never know

The last shall be first.  You take joy in the thought of children being murdered?  Your one sick person.  I dont know if your mentlly ill, or just evel, but you need help in one form or another.

And your a doctor also?  I thought you were just a bad speller!  

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:35:42 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Abortion is already illegal, why aren't we enforcing the laws?

No one shall be deprived of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

No one shall be deprived of Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness, unless that person happens to be a woman, who is carrying a fetus she does not want.

Hey, sounds reasonable... (to someone, maybe...)  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:37:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:39:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:42:45 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

No one shall be deprived of Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness, unless that person happens to be a woman, who is carrying a fetus she does not want.

Dude ....

that is WAY screwed up.

Infant is being deprived of life.

Woman ALREADY pursued "happiness." Hopefully she had an orgasm.

Futher, she is NOT guaranteed happiness - only the pursuit of it. She had her pursuit, now its time to live with the consequences.

If happiness were jumping off a cliff for her, she DOES NOT get to suspend the laws of gravity.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:44:01 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

1 Cor. 5 says don't concern yourself with people outside the church but judge the people in the church and punish them accordingly, e.g., kick them out.

For the record - NO WAY I Cor 5, or ANY Scripture could be used to say Christians should NOT preach thetruth to ALL men - inside or outside the church.

We agree, right??

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:44:45 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude ....

that is WAY screwed up.

Infant is being deprived of life.

Woman ALREADY pursued "happiness." Hopefully she had an orgasm.

Futher, she is NOT guaranteed happiness - only the pursuit of it. She had her pursuit, now its time to live with the consequences.

If happiness were jumping off a cliff for her, she DOES NOT get to suspend the laws of gravity.

So her freedom to pursue (not having pursued, but pursue) happiness is dependant on what you think, as opposed to what she thinks?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:46:51 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Am I the only one here that follows the Christian religion that understands 1 Cor. 5?

1 Corinthians 5

1  It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that does not occur even among pagans: A man has his father's wife.
2  And you are proud! Shouldn't you rather have been filled with grief and have put out of your fellowship the man who did this?
3  Even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. And I have already passed judgment on the one who did this, just as if I were present.
4  When you are assembled in the name of our Lord Jesus and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present,
5  hand this man over to Satan, so that the sinful nature[1] may be destroyed and his spirit saved on the day of the Lord.
6  Your boasting is not good. Don't you know that a little yeast works through the whole batch of dough?
7  Get rid of the old yeast that you may be a new batch without yeast--as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed.
8  Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old yeast, the yeast of malice and wickedness, but with bread without yeast, the bread of sincerity and truth.
9  I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people--
10  not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world.
11  But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.
12  What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?

Footnotes

Seems pretty clear to me.  Not that I would like to see the slaughter of innocents to go on of course.

All you have referenced with Deut. concerns people with the religion of Judaism or living in the land ruled by the Hebrews. No where does it say anything making the rest of the world obey there laws. It only concerns what their laws are in their lands.

1 Cor. 5 says don't concern yourself with people outside the church but judge the people in the church and punish them accordingly, e.g., kick them out.

Dude, I am on your side.  I didn't write the cross references, I just pasted them out of an online Bible.  I didn't bother to look them up.  Sorry!!!

And I agree with Garandman.  Just because they know not the Christian God doesn't mean that we shouldn't try to educate them does it?  Be a light in the world and all that?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:50:11 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

So her freedom to pursue (not having pursued, but pursue) happiness is dependant on what you think, as opposed to what she thinks?

No.

Now pay attention, cuz what I am about to tell you is the ENTIRE basis of our legal system, and even preceeding that, tge English Common Law our legal system originated from.

YOu payin' attention???

She has the right to PURSUE happiness UNTIL she deprives someone else of life. She screwed. She doesn't get to deprive another of Constitutionalyl guaranteed RIGHT to life in order to continue her pursuit of happiness.

"The right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins..."

- Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

This has NOTHIGN to do with my opinion. This has to do with the rule of law, and a legal system that provides EQUAL PROTECTION UNDER THE LAW. Its what makes your rights of equal import to everyone elses.

What you have just read SHOULD be enuf for you to change you opinion, and shun abortion. Somehow I doubt you will.

But you could surprise me...

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:58:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:00:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:01:11 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1 Corinthians 5

Footnotes

All you have referenced with Deut. concerns people with the religion of Judaism or living in the land ruled by the Hebrews. No where does it say anything making the rest of the world obey there laws. It only concerns what their laws are in their lands.

Dude, I am on your side.  I didn't write the cross references, I just pasted them out of an online Bible.  I didn't bother to look them up.  Sorry!!!

And I agree with Garandman.  Just because they know not the Christian God doesn't mean that we shouldn't try to educate them does it?  Be a light in the world and all that?

Ooops! Took it the wrong way. No need for you to say sorry. My bad!

No problem!  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:07:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:11:17 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.

Now pay attention, cuz what I am about to tell you is the ENTIRE basis of our legal system, and even preceeding that, tge English Common Law our legal system originated from.

YOu payin' attention???

She has the right to PURSUE happiness UNTIL she deprives someone else of life. She screwed. She doesn't get to deprive another of Constitutionalyl guaranteed RIGHT to life in order to continue her pursuit of happiness.

This has NOTHIGN to do with my opinion. This has to do with the rule of law, and a legal system that provides EQUAL PROTECTION UNDER THE LAW. Its what makes your rights of equal import to everyone elses.

What you have just read SHOULD be enuf for you to change you opinion, and shun abortion. Somehow I doubt you will.

Sorry, but as a fetus is not a human yet, it does not enjoy the same legal protections as you and I.  As abortion is perfectly legal, no one is being harmed.  Simple, and I didn't have to talk down to you either.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:12:24 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.

YOu payin' attention???

From a legal point of view,

Can you get a Social Security Number for a fetus? Can you claim it as a dependent on your taxes? If not, I don't think you use the legality argument.

Exactly!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:13:08 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Can you get a Social Security Number for a fetus? Can you claim it as a dependent on your taxes? If not, I don't think you use the legality argument.

You aren't seriously using the IRS code and Soc Secuity laws, all of which came about in the last 100 years, to attempt to define the Bill of Rights, US Constitution, and Declaration of Independence, all of which are over 200 years old, are you??

If the Congress passes a law that says gun owners have to pay a $5,000 year tax to own guns, you are not then gonna define 2A in that context are you??

I'm speaking of natural law as represented in English Common law initially , and then our Founding Docs.

IRS  / Soc Sec need to brought in compliance with the Constitution et al, not the other way around.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:13:42 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Exactly!

No. not exactly.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:18:38 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Sorry, but as a fetus is not a human yet, it does not enjoy the same legal protections as you and I.  As abortion is perfectly legal, no one is being harmed.  Simple, and I didn't have to talk down to you either.

I talk down to you as a post such as this shows ABYSMAL ignorance of natural law as recognized by our Constitution.

Then take your statement " As abortion is perfectly legal, no one is being harmed"

Substitute "murder" or "rape" for abortion. Does the fact that something is "legal" make it not harmful??

Dude....

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:19:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:27:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:27:58 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Actually, it was a serious question. Really not sure if you can do that or not. My point being is that the government does not recognize the fetus as a human capable of Life, Liberty or the Pursuit of Happiness. If the government doesn't recognize that, I don't see the connection with "the ENTIRE basis of our legal system," argument.

You mean like when our laws indicated blacks are 3/5 of a person??

Or when they were barred from owning firearms??

The fact that something is codified as law DOES NOT  mean its Constitutional.

That our legal system does not recognize the life, liberty and pursuit of happiness of the preborn is a FLAW in the law. The basis of our law (natural law, as recognized in English common law, and then our Founding docuemnts) remains firm.

In fact, we HAVE made progress in this area. Scott Peterson IS being prosecuted for TWO murders - the mother AND the unborn child.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:28:08 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Actually, it was a serious question. Really not sure if you can do that or not. My point being is that the government does not recognize the fetus as a human capable of Life, Liberty or the Pursuit of Happiness. If the government doesn't recognize that, I don't see the connection with "the ENTIRE basis of our legal system," argument.

I seem to remember a similar version of this statement to read:

'Actually, it was a serious question. Really not sure if you can do that or not. My point being is that the government does not recognize the BLACK MAN as a human capable of Life, Liberty or the Pursuit of Happiness. If the government doesn't recognize that, I don't see the connection with "the ENTIRE basis of our legal system," argument.'

I don't use the Government as a reliable judge of what is and is not a human being.

If you prefer to be led... good for you.

-LS
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:28:32 PM EDT
[#44]

Been wanting to use that one for a while now.

And we still haven't heard if you'd hit it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:28:51 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does sweep's god and Your god ever get together and have lunch?

Maybe they could call up hielo's god and invite him, too?

I don't know, but I'll have my people call God's people, and God's people can call Sweep's people to see if Sweep's people maintain regular contact with Sweep's God's people on the matters of scheduling.  My people will let your people know if there is anything on the schedule!

Make no mistake about it, I follow the Christian God. The only one there is.

No, you do not.  If you did, you would know life begins at conception.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:29:36 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

As I mentioned earlier, murder, or rape, of a human that is outside the womb is a different matter all together. I'm in no danger of being murdered, or raped, as a fetus.

The Scott Peterson defense agrees with you. However the law  does NOT.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:59:09 PM EDT
[#47]
"All The Republicans Want Is My Uterus"   -  yes, I heard they go well with fava beans and a fine Chianti.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:06:22 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I agree with this, however the brooding masses have many an unwanted birth. That being said what ever is not "flushed" is our next generation of welfare needing, potentially to be incarcerated and certainly to be medicated indigenous species - all of which the taxpaying public will carry the burden of....
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:17:58 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You aren't seriously using the IRS code and Soc Secuity laws, all of which came about in the last 100 years, to attempt to define the Bill of Rights, US Constitution, and Declaration of Independence, all of which are over 200 years old, are you??

If the Congress passes a law that says gun owners have to pay a $5,000 year tax to own guns, you are not then gonna define 2A in that context are you??

I'm speaking of natural law as represented in English Common law initially , and then our Founding Docs.

IRS  / Soc Sec need to brought in compliance with the Constitution et al, not the other way around.

Hmmm, During the founding fathers time and for many thousands of years before them, there has always been abortion, as well as being legal (just a herb after all), it was relatively safe.  Only people against were the christian church types.  And even then, they were often the users of those same herbs.  I gather it all depends on whose ox is being gored at the time as to who shoudl have a right and who shouldn't.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:20:14 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I talk down to you as a post such as this shows ABYSMAL ignorance of natural law as recognized by our Constitution.

Then take your statement " As abortion is perfectly legal, no one is being harmed"

Substitute "murder" or "rape" for abortion. Does the fact that something is "legal" make it not harmful??

Dude....

It may or may not, depending on who is beining murdered or raped.

Also, Murder, being a legal term takes this out of your actual purview, as you are trying to argue this on a theological arguement.  Murder by it's legal nature is against the law.  Rape?  Would you think forcing a woman to carry someones seed, against her will could be considered rape?
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top