Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 2:58:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I wish it was just priests doing this.  Then, at least we'd know where to look for the predators.  I spent a number of years as a therapist in the Child and Adolescent Program at a metro Atlanta Mental Health center,  and had to work with kids who'd been attacked by Baptist,Methodist and other Protestant clergy.  The former Rabbi of an Atlanta congregation, now up North, was recently arrested for attempting to seduce a young boy.

I won't get into the parent/ child stuff, I worked with.  The point is, children are being sexually exploited, both hetero- and homosexually every day; and we damn well need to do something about it.  I just wish I had a magic answer as to what should be done. Put them in jail, sure.  But I swear for every one put in jail it seemed to me that two more cropped up.

If nothing else, I'm pleased to see that so many of you folks are are now becoming aware and concerned about this.  Back when I was working with these kids and their parents, I often had the feeling that the world at large didn't give a damn.  Looks like that may be changing.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 3:00:05 AM EDT
[#2]
originally by legrue;While it wouldn't bother me to hammer it all out, I've already seen the scriptures you would quote.
View Quote

With all due rspect, I don't beleive you have.

Mostly becasue the texts I use are SELDOM mentioned by other Christians. Not to pat myself on the back, but many people that requested my 8 pg study that were of the same general opinion as you found my study quite thought provoking.

As a tease, I quite readily admit Christ NEVER condemned homosexuality. A fact MOST people who regard homosexuality as sin (as I do) are unwilling to admit.

Again, I offer it to you. Just e-mail me.

Our problem will always be that we do not have the same basic understand of scripture and both of us are convinced our own understanding is correct.

I don't really know how to change that. How do I convince you I'm right when you want to do the same to me?

If you have an answer to that, let me know.

-regards,

legrue
View Quote

LOL!!! QUite so.

FOr THIS very reason, I prefer to refernce all my debates Scripturally. As long as we accept that God is Sovereign, and that the Bible is His Word, we can then debate interpretations.

If we can agree on interpretations, then we are required to submit ourselves to God's sovereignty and the postions stated in His Word.

If we can't agree on interpretations, then we had some fun, and we part friends with a little wider exposure to another line of thought.

Which isn;t a bad thing.  [:D]

Again, I urge you to take a look at my study. Its quite out of the usual rut of dialog on this subject.

Link Posted: 6/15/2002 3:34:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Catholicism/Religion as a whole = [b]'ORGAN'ized[/b] crime that preys on people mindset and upbringing.I've heard the terms the pastor' leading the flok' of sheep' in the parish used.[whacko]
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 3:58:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Church, like all other institutions that are not historically compatible with leftist thought, is now in the process of being taken over by leftists. Exactly like our educational institutions. I've recently heard sermons that could easily be mistaken for Green Party stump speeches. And it wasn't always that way.

View Quote

With a strong contingent of homosexuals.

Homosexuals are NOT born, they are recruited.

What better group to recruit than children??

What better place to find children than in a religious setting where parents teach their children to obey the "preacher?"

Its NOT really a "Catholic Church" problem. Its a problem in ANY religion that hasn't held to the Scriptural standard that homosexuality is SIN.

Not to mention SICK.
View Quote

BINGO!!

With ALL the media hype over the Catholic priests scandals the media has not focused on the REAL problem!  

They keep using the term "pedophile" on TV & in the print media.  In actuality what has been going on has ben an infiltration of HOMOSEXUALS in the seminaries and in the priesthood!

But because Homo's are a Politically protected class in today's media culture they have intentionally ignored to focus on this aspect!  Along with certain minority groups they are portrayed only in positive ways and preferably as a special "victims group".

A case in point:

DO you guys remember all the media hype over the killing of a homosexual in Wyoming?  His name was Matthew Shepard.  For months they was constant media saturation and now a made for TV movie.

Compare that with the total media silence of a little boy in Rogers, Arkansas by the name of Jesse Dirkhising.  He was drugged, beaten, bound and gagged with his own underwear by 2 homo neighbors.  They repeatedly raped & tortured this little boy until he was DEAD!

There was NO coverage of this act by the national media.  It wound up in the media's Juanita Broaddrick round file!

The media is corrupt and will not expose the truth!

John  
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 6:41:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Morgan, I don't turn my head on anything and that is an issue I face everyday. Most people do and do not care what the future holds. No, I am not a practicing Catholic as I found inner peace long ago and realized that like government religion is another means of controlling people.
The more devastating of the two, religion or government, is definetly government. Keep expecting officials to be corrupt without taking a stance and one day they might just surprise you with a knock on the door and shackles to cart you off with. You're correct it is apples and oranges but ignoring the government is far more dangerous.
Oh yeah, I forgot, it can't happen hear.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 9:41:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

But because Homo's are a Politically protected class in today's media culture they have intentionally ignored to focus on this aspect!  Along with certain minority groups they are portrayed only in positive ways and preferably as a special "victims group".

A case in point:

DO you guys remember all the media hype over the killing of a homosexual in Wyoming?  His name was Matthew Shepard.  For months they was constant media saturation and now a made for TV movie.

Compare that with the total media silence of a little boy in Rogers, Arkansas by the name of Jesse Dirkhising.  He was drugged, beaten, bound and gagged with his own underwear by 2 homo neighbors.  They repeatedly raped & tortured this little boy until he was DEAD!

There was NO coverage of this act by the national media.  It wound up in the media's Juanita Broaddrick round file!

John  
View Quote

BTT just for that one!!
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 6:25:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

A case in point:

John  
View Quote

BTT just for that one!!
View Quote

Forgive me for not being too computer savvy but what does BTT stand for?

John
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:59:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Mostly becasue the texts I use are SELDOM mentioned by other Christians. Not to pat myself on the back, but many people that requested my 8 pg study that were of the same general opinion as you found my study quite thought provoking.

As a tease, I quite readily admit Christ NEVER condemned homosexuality. A fact MOST people who regard homosexuality as sin (as I do) are unwilling to admit.
View Quote

Indirectly Jesus DID condemn sodomy.

Matthew 11:20-24
20 Then Jesus began to denounce the cities in which most of his miracles had been performed, because they did not repent.
21"Woe to you, Korazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! If the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.
22 But I tell you, it will be more bearable for Tyre and Sidon on the day of judgment than for you.
[b]23 And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted up to the skies? No, you will go down to the depths. If the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Sodom, it would have remained to this day.
24 But I tell you that it will be more bearable for Sodom on the day of judgment than for you." [/b]

Since Jesus threatened other cities with a fate worse than Sodom's for committing even worse offenses, apparently Jesus had no qualms about the destruction of Sodom for its sins.

So Jesus is saying that if only Sodom had repented, they'd have been spared.

But repented from WHAT??

Answer: SODOMY.

edited to add:

[b]jjforsyth[/b], BTT means bump to top.
That means I wanted others to see it again.
Good job.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:12:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
And why not? Jesus did all the time. Of course that was one of the points the Pharasees made against him. So do you side with Jesus or the Pharasees???
View Quote
Yes, he did.  And he told them to "go and sin no more" not "whatever you do is cool with me, dawg".
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:19:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I wish it was just priests doing this.  Then, at least we'd know where to look for the predators.  I spent a number of years as a therapist in the Child and Adolescent Program at a metro Atlanta Mental Health center,  and had to work with kids who'd been attacked by Baptist,Methodist and other Protestant clergy.  The former Rabbi of an Atlanta congregation, now up North, was recently arrested for attempting to seduce a young boy.
View Quote

But in these other religions, the clergy didn't "confess their sins" to a higher-up church official who then bought off the victim, denied anything was wrong, and moved the clergy to a new location where nobody knew about his history of child abuse.

THAT'S what makes this Catholic Church scandal different:  higher officials knew about much of what was going on and ASSISTED THE MOLESTERS by covering up the crimes and moving them to fresh hunting grounds.

Of the cases I've heard of in other religious institutions, the pastor/minister/rabbi/priest was immediately hauled off to jail for trial and a long sentence.  Afterwards, they're registered sex offenders and wherever they go, neighborhoods are notified that they've got a new child-raper moving in.

In contrast, the Catholics have intimidated victims, denied anything happened, destroyed or hidden evidence, and moved molesters to new areas without notifying the new potential victims.

All in the name of "turn the other cheek" and "forgive the sinner".  Sickening.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:24:36 PM EDT
[#11]
There is nothing spiritual in bashing someone.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:40:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The Great Scholar Atencio has spoken and we all [puke]!  Thanks for the wisdom Adicko! LMAO
View Quote

wow another reply where you say nothing of any substance.  Heres a novel idea, you disagree with my stance at least have the intelligence to say why.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 9:02:59 PM EDT
[#13]
As a Catholic, first I would like to say that this scandle is being fueled by a leftist controlled media that likes to bring down any religion.

I was never molested, nor did I ever hear of anyone being molested.  Many of these claims are from disturbed individuals looking for money or attention.

There is no doubt that molesters hid in the church, and there was a coverup.  Most Catholics would like to see any convicted molester swing.

Until now, I had no idea that the church condoned gay priests.  That in it's self is a scandle.  There would be widespread support for a change whereby priests would be allowed to be married, and gay priests would be defrocked.

I support the RCC because it teaches conservative values, at a time in our history when they are badly needed.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 12:21:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Until now, I had no idea that the church condoned gay priests.  That in it's self is a scandle.  There would be widespread support for a change whereby priests would be allowed to be married, and gay priests would be defrocked.
View Quote

Where in the world have you been hiding your head??

The RCC, as you call it, has told homosexuals that the only way they can live their lives as good Catholics is to be totally celibate.  Oh, and while they're at it, to shut up about their inclinations.

If they're going to be celibate, why not be priests?  It's not like they'd be missing anything, right?

As far as the RCC's "conservative values", what, like gun control, union activism, and covering up sexual abuse??  They sound a lot like the "leftist media" that you claim to despise.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 2:03:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Attencio, here is my respone to your crazy ideas! [puke]  I think living in CA has gone to your head!  BTW, Attencio are you a homosexual?  
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 4:56:02 AM EDT
[#16]
OK, now for some truth....

First, there are almost NO pedophile priests. Only a handfull at MOST. Well over 90% of the abused children were not pre-pubescent. Almost ALL the cases are in fact homosexuals abusing sexually developed minors. In 1961 the Pope issued an order barring homosexuals from ordination. It has been ignored. Now we have this problem because of it. The Boy Scouts ban homosexuals and they don't have this problem.
[url]http://www.townhall.com/columnists/anncoulter/ac20020322.shtml[/url]

The problem is quite simple. The Bishops in America rather reject the teachings of their own Church as laid out in our catachism. Thus they attempt to recruit people to enter the priesthood who also are jackass liberals and reject orthodox tradition.
[url]www.goodbyegoodmen.com[/url]

Put simply, no homosexuals in the priesthood, no scandal.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 5:06:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
[b]The RCC, as you call it, has told homosexuals that the only way they can live their lives as good Catholics is to be totally celibate.  Oh, and while they're at it, to shut up about their inclinations.[/b]
The Church rather believes the Hebrew Prophets and 12 Apostles were speaking for God when they wrote that men sodomizing each other is a grave evil.

[b]If they're going to be celibate, why not be priests?  It's not like they'd be missing anything, right?[/b]
One of the more interesting things about this scandal is the notion now being bantied about by psychologists is thatsexual attraction for children is a dissorder that cannot be cured or "treated". This has been an argument of homosexuals, that they cannot be "cured" or "treated", that is they cannot be "made straight". Using the first argument, a pedophile might say, "I was made this way, this is who I am and I cannot be made any other way." But even if that turns out to be true it is still sick and depraved. In the same way, if in fact those who sodomize other men cannot be cured or treated, it does not mean that they are still not sick. It just means that it may be a sickness that cannot be cured.

[b]As far as the RCC's "conservative values", what, like gun control, union activism, and covering up sexual abuse??  They sound a lot like the "leftist media" that you claim to despise.[/b] The Catachism of the Catholic Church does not support any teaching of gun control. That is just a bunch of rather marxist American liberal Bishops bowing to their false god of wanting to be liked and popular with the American leftist elite.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 7:18:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Without going into much history, suffice to say there has been a well documented takeover of the One Holy Catholic Church by Liberal/Modernist/Homosexualist/Communist forces for over 100 years, culminating in the ambiguous "council" Vatican II, a council of very dubious merit to say the least.  As it was a non-dogmatic council, as stated by the Popes who presided, Catholics are not bound to adhere to any innovations pronounced.  However, due to the ambiguity, the aforementioned conspirators have seemed to take over the church.  Infact, there remains a remnant of Catholics who will have no part of these losers.  I refer tho the Society of St. Pius X and it's followers, frequently calumnated falsley (redundant I know, calumny is always false)as schismatics precisely because we don't go along w/ all the crap in the church for the last 35 yrs.   Men are corrupt and corruptable, but the church remains holy.  This crisis is another reminder of that and that God will use this to restore his church.  Vatican II Catholicism has just about lost all remaining credibility at this point.  What do I think?  I think it sucks, but I think the whole Novus Ordo sucks and wouldn't touch it w/ a 10' pole.  Vivat Rex Christi !!  God will save his church.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 8:43:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Attencio, here is my respone to your crazy ideas! [puke]  I think living in CA has gone to your head!  BTW, Attencio are you a homosexual?  
View Quote

hey if you wanna insult me at least look at how my name is spelled.  Is that to much to ask of you?
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 10:04:30 AM EDT
[#20]
[PUKE]Attencio, I have no use for people like you that try to take people's words out of context and then put a spin on them.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 4:04:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What is the point to this post?
Is it that you are anti-Catholic?
Is it that you are anti-religion?
Who ever commits such a heinous crime should be
punished.
Are you this incensed about crimes that are committed by government officials? It happens every day more times than I care to think about.
View Quote

orginally posted by Morgan-Keegan:

Nick, I'm not anti religion or have anything against Catholics, but it seems like they (maybe YOU) turn their heads when these crimes are committed everyday "It happens every day" you say. BTW, your comparison of our government officials and priest are like comparing apples to oranges. We can expect the government officials to do some sort of dirty deeds, but should we expect a grown man who teaches God's word to rape a child and get away with it? NO!
View Quote

my response:
So we should expect our government to kill innocent people? Maybe it will be your family someday. "It's only a dirty deed, no biggie. At least we arent buggering little boys." So in your own words death is not as serious as rape? You have no fricking clue. The Bishops probably diluted themselves with the same rationale. "It's a Priest, he asked God to forgive him. He's not like the gang banger heathen on the street, it was just a dirty deed" A crime is a crime, doesnt matter who it is.
View Quote

your response:
Attencio, did I push a nerve? You're taking my post out of context. When I said govt. doing things wrong I meant lie or take a bribe. I didn't mean go rape a small child. You're the one who doesn't have a clue, read your post again! You're just another sheep in disguise.
View Quote

So I put a spin on your post, you tell me to read my post over again because you meant something you didnt actually write.  What did I take out of context from your post?  Evidently you don't know because instead of arguing your points you become forced to use little face icons and call me names.

1. The Great Scholar Atencio has spoken and we all ! Thanks for the wisdom Adicko! LMAO

2.Attencio, here is my respone to your crazy ideas!  I think living in CA has gone to your head! BTW, Attencio are you a homosexual?

3.Attencio, I have no use for people like you that try to take people's words out of context and then put a spin on them.
View Quote

How can I take something and put a spin on it when you don't say anything of substance.  So instead of arguing my point like Zonan did you with your obviously limited debate skills attempt to conceal the fact by using puke faces and name calling all the while avoiding the topic.  Did I push a nerve?
BTW, you still can't spell my name right.  Why don't you copy and paste it to make it easier on yourself.

Link Posted: 6/16/2002 4:11:47 PM EDT
[#22]
From a column by Linda Stasi (heh heh -- is that a pen name or what??) in the NY Post:
[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nypost/20020616/cm_nypost/martha_might_look_marvelous_in_designer_stripes[/url]
[b]Litany of sins[/b]

Speaking of unhealthy urges, last week the Catholic Church got their knickers in a knot because Bishop James McCarthy admitted he’d had sex with women. As opposed to what? Forced sex on children?

McCarthy’s admission became such a big scandal, he immediately resigned. Funny how church fathers look the other way when pedophilia and gay sex is involved, but not heterosexual sex. What’s that about?

Wake up and smell the scandal, fellas. Consensual adult sex - gay and straight - may be a sin in your eyes, but it’s not a crime in the eyes of the law.

Then it got even worse. The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops actually announced they were scrapping the decision they’d made the week before to retain priests who’d abused only one child.

Call me strict, but I’ve got another idea: Call the cops and lock the bums up. If it’s good enough for Martha [Stewart -- referring to the alleged insider trading scandal], it’s good enough for predator priests.
View Quote
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top