Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:51:04 PM EDT
[#1]
This thread is wothless without pics!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:14:26 PM EDT
[#2]
ok, but you asked for it!

can you tell which is airsoft and which is real steel?
hint: 3 airsoft replicas in the below pic....

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/3773/comparison5gi.jpg

awnser: Lower 2 AR's and glock are airsoft

the fun thing about airsoft is chasing each other around and playing war. They're not built to be super accurate, they're built to be accurate enough yet harmless enough to be fun. Useful range on a moderatly hopped up gun is about 150 ft ( by useful I mean you might hit someone running and they might feel it).  Plus it's a bb gun that pushes around 600 rounds per minute, whats not cool about that?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:56:28 PM EDT
[#3]
It's great fun ,keeps me in shape ,whole nother set of gear and guns .....
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:06:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
ok, but you asked for it!

can you tell which is airsoft and which is real steel?
hint: 3 airsoft replicas in the below pic....

img391.imageshack.us/img391/3773/comparison5gi.jpg

awnser: Lower 2 AR's and glock are airsoft

the fun thing about airsoft is chasing each other around and playing war. They're not built to be super accurate, they're built to be accurate enough yet harmless enough to be fun. Useful range on a moderatly hopped up gun is about 150 ft ( by useful I mean you might hit someone running and they might feel it).  Plus it's a bb gun that pushes around 600 rounds per minute, whats not cool about that?

Damn, I missed the Glock, and I had the top AR pegged as Airsoft.

The bottom 2 ARs are obviously airsoft, not even a doubt.

ETA: Actually, after further review, there's no place to put a battery on the top one, so that should've been my clue, despite the fact that it's configured with the taste of an airsofter
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:10:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I think members of the shooting community have problems with airsoft, because of those hardcore players out there that own several of these replicas and not just the entry level “aeg” but the $1,000 plus dollar airsoft guns. I find that a little strange to spend that much for a replica when you can buy the real thing for about the same price. Also I would say that for us that enjoy shooting the real deal we find it ludicrous for someone to put optics and light/lasers on these things that are intended for actual firearms, I mean come on 150ft for a supped up airsoft rifle that scopes intended for 300 + meters. Just my thoughts I really  could care less this just gives me an excuse to buy more expensive firearms and feel better about it LOL
Its your hobby have fun.
~Prue~  

No, actually, people in the shooting community have problems with airsoft for other reasons, none of which have to do with them paying too much for it.  I think it mostly has to do with the easy availability of pictures of fat white and Asian kids in tactical gear on the Internet.

Airsofters would get much less abuse if they stopped taking pictures of themselves and posting them on the Internet. That's my take.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:11:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I really want one of those Classic Army M16s.  They are about 300 bucks.  Ghey? yeah a little but it would be SWEET to punish the dogs that keep crapping on my lawn without actually hurting them.

Back home we'd use 12 guage with rock salt loads but in town here,  a 12 G would bring the po-lice pretty fast.  So an airsoft would be perfect. I also think it would be perfect for putting the hurt on the wasp nests up under my eaves. I tried the Drozd BB gun but it punched through the siding and I had to @#$@#$@# replace some of it.

So I have normal guns,  lots of them but i really think a good airsoft would be fun,  both for me and the little ones.  I think airsoft commandos are kind of ghey but I don't think they are different than any other cool "toy" you can get as long as you remember that they are toys.  Cool toys but toys none-the-less.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:18:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:20:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:22:48 PM EDT
[#9]
"Airsoft promotes safe handling of firearms..."

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:23:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:27:12 PM EDT
[#11]
"BANG BANG.....Your DEAD"
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Lets not forget hte airsoft memorial service
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:33:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I noticed they have bolt action sniper rifles.
I am genuinely curious as to how far these things will actually throw a bb.

They are awesome training tools, the small bruise they leave may keep you alive someday.

Pain isn't a training tool.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

I agree.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Damn why cant any of you makers make me a krink pistol like this
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:42:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I have been to top end courses where they use paintball as a training tool.

Get a paintball across your lead hand, and, realize that bastard just got blown off.

Having somone tell you....

"If you stick it out, it'll get shot off"

Takes a completely
'nother dimension when you do paintball and, you get your ass tore up sticking a hand and face out.

There are SUCH pussies on this board.

"Oh yeah, if you get a propper sight picture....BLAH BLAH BLAH."

Wait until you get a paintball across that hand and realize, it ain't there anymore.  It just got shot off because all that crap you learned on the internet doesn't work.

How RAMBO are you then, tough guys?

Nm.  You're all tough guys.  No bullet would actually hit you.  No need to practice or train 'cause you are all stone killers.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:43:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:43:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Get a paintball across your lead hand, and, realize that bastard just got blown off.

Takes a completely
'nother dimension when you do paintball and, you get your ass tore up sticking a hand and face out.

Wait until you get a paintball across that hand and realize, it ain't there anymore.  It just got shot off because all that crap you learned on the internet doesn't work.

Nm.  You're all tough guys.  No bullet would actually hit you.  No need to practice or train 'cause you are all stone killers.

I could only follow a few things of what you said.  You got your hand blown off playing paintball
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:44:02 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:49:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Since you have to have one post per piture, what point are you trying to make? Yeah, some morons out there, but ive seen just as bad or worse with people and real guns.

Quoted:

photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=141&iGalleryUnq=399&iImageUnq=36708

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
lnx.airsoft-extremadura.com/fotos/finca_6-6-04/IM000141.jpg

thats just fucked up.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Since you have to have one post per piture, what point are you trying to make? Yeah, some morons out there, but ive seen just as bad or worse with people and real guns.

Quoted:

photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=141&iGalleryUnq=399&iImageUnq=36708

No point. Just browsing one of the great airsoft bashing threads in the archive and posting pics as I come accross themn. I just dont understand the whole toy gun thing.

Just like airsoft at a gun show, they dont belong there. If I had a table full of ar15s at the next toy convention do you think I would get kicked out? Why then are these TOYS not?

Mods can we PLEASE get an airsoft forum and get this bullshit outta here? We have every other friggin forum why not just one more. A place mods can send these stupid ass threads?

CH

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:58:19 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Takes a completely

I could only follow a few things of what you said.  You got your hand blown off playing paintball

Sorry, OLY,

I posted as I was thinking.  I actually got pretty upset reading the post.

I will now state this in more complete sentances.

If you are a retard that believes that paintball has no value, you are indeed, stupid.

If you stick your hand or head out during a firefight, excpect to get it shot off.

Through paintball, you can soon realize how quickly that can happen.

Getting a paintball across your lead hand or your face can educate you very quickly.

Never mind.  Everyone here is a Real Steel Rambo, and, can't be taught anything, and, can't realize that somthing couldn't have training value.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:59:31 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thats just fucked up.

yep

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:03:10 PM EDT
[#24]
How do you know what it is? Alot of teams pray before they play just like people pray before they eat. Rifle could just be that as he didnt want to put his helmet on right away.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:04:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
and, can't realize that somthing couldn't have training value.

I agree with one thing, airsoft can be a good training tool in the right forum and with the right setup.
But most of whats out there are asshats promoting unsafe habits and acting as though guns dont kill. THAT is my issue with them . They give a false sense of safety that has no place in firearms training.

CH
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:05:13 PM EDT
[#26]
I think kids with cap guns have more dignity than some of them
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:06:09 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
How do you know what it is? Alot of teams pray before they play just like people pray before they eat. Rifle could just be that as he didnt want to put his helmet on right away.

Quoted:

I dont know whats worse, the fact your defending them or the fact you missed the third rifle and still typed the above BS!

Please make it stop!!!

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:06:56 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I think kids with cap guns have more dignity than some of them

+elevnteen billion
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:07:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:09:34 PM EDT
[#30]
I know what rifle your talking about, and its the same one I was.... I gave up tying to defend my hobbie to clowns around here. You dont like, thats your call... Im trying to help some people understand it. But some peoplem cant/wont learn....Im not bashing you, but atleast know your facts before you bash someones hobbie.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont know whats worse, the fact your defending them or the fact you missed the third rifle and still typed the above BS!

Please make it stop!!!

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:26:20 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I know what rifle your talking about, and its the same one I was.... I gave up tying to defend my hobbie to clowns around here. You dont like, thats your call... Im trying to help some people understand it. But some peoplem cant/wont learn....Im not bashing you, but atleast know your facts before you bash someones hobbie.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please make it stop!!!

You'll do well to not defend the memorial service photo-op.  It's obvious what those idiots are doing, and it's lame.  You'd be better off saying "yeah, well, those guys are morons, but not everyone that plays airsoft is an asshat".
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:27:01 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't get all this airsoft bashing...

To the airsoft bashers:

The majority of you guys here spend TENS OF THOUSANDS on high-speed-low-drag gear, all the tacticlicious stuff, and end up looking like you're on your way to some secret specops mission. The real mission? Sitting on your bum, or standing, and ultimately punching holes in paper or junk - that's it. MAYBE go hunting in that gear for shits and giggles ONCE, but then you're back to normal blaze orange and boltgun.

These (airsoft) guys, although they may spend almost as much on these toys, get to shoot each other with them,  play scenario games, and ultimately get more from shooting BB's in the woods than any fatass owning a kit that looks like it belongs on to a special operator. Unfortunately, said fatass can't use his special gear in his dream (real) situation, because he spent all his time lining up his sights and pulling the trigger from a position on the firing line.

Find a better, affordable, and attainable, way do what airsoft does, but better (more 'realistically', without serious injury), patent it, and never work another day in your life.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:28:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Only issue I have really is the fact no one knows for a fact what there doing.  Could be anything...

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please make it stop!!!

You'll do well to not defend the memorial service photo-op.  It's obvious what those idiots are doing, and it's lame.  You'd be better off saying "yeah, well, those guys are morons, but not everyone that plays airsoft is an asshat".

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:28:44 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No point. Just browsing one of the great airsoft bashing threads in the archive and posting pics as I come accross themn. I just dont understand the whole toy gun thing.

Just like airsoft at a gun show, they dont belong there. If I had a table full of ar15s at the next toy convention do you think I would get kicked out? Why then are these TOYS not?

Mods can we PLEASE get an airsoft forum and get this bullshit outta here? We have every other friggin forum why not just one more. A place mods can send these stupid ass threads?

CH

And you are ing.

Grow up.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:30:23 PM EDT
[#35]
I am huh? Well, thats your call. Glad you feel that way.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CH

And you are ing.

Grow up.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:30:50 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Only issue I have really is the fact no one knows for a fact what there doing.  Could be anything...

Just stop. Is the sky blue in your world? It's very obvious what they're doing, unless you're not familiar with the concept of what the rifle and the helmet are supposed to represent.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:31:38 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CH

And you are ing.

Grow up.

And you can't read. I wasn't talking to you.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:33:04 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
and, can't realize that somthing couldn't have training value.

I agree with one thing, airsoft can be a good training tool in the right forum and with the right setup.
But most of whats out there are asshats promoting unsafe habits and acting as though guns dont kill. THAT is my issue with them . They give a false sense of safety that has no place in firearms training.

CH

C'mon man.

You have to be on one side or the other

I'm with you, for the most part, though.  

I guess everytime I've been exposed to these children's guns, I've paid about 500-800 dollars to be at the school, and, learned so many valuable lessons from getting stitched with welts up my side or back during an ambush that I guess I have more respect for these tools.

Again, never mind.  Everyone's Rambo, and, all that stuff you learn on the internet will really help keep you alive when rounds start hissing, so, why really bother with training?

Let's just post pictures of idiots to make ourselves feel better.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:33:05 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Know my facts that funny. They are toys, thats a fact.
CH
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:33:54 PM EDT
[#40]
oops, my bad.. Sorry..... To many quotes.  

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:34:47 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CH

Agreed, and some of the folks that play with them are freakin' weirdos.

But we've all seen these pictures over and over and over again, reposting them and post-whoring about it to boot is a waste of time.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:36:23 PM EDT
[#42]
A PS2 is a toy as well.  Im done with you. Not worth my time anymore.

quote]Quoted:

Quoted:

CH
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:36:39 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CH

Toys/tools.  Semantics.

It's all in how you use them

You think airsoft or paintball has no use, you are just ignorant of all the respected schools and instructors that use them.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:39:17 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

To the airsoft bashers:

The majority of you guys here spend TENS OF THOUSANDS on high-speed-low-drag gear, all the tacticlicious stuff, and end up looking like you're on your way to some secret specops mission. The real mission? Sitting on your bum, or standing, and ultimately punching holes in paper or junk - that's it. MAYBE go hunting in that gear for shits and giggles ONCE, but then you're back to normal blaze orange and boltgun.

These (airsoft) guys, although they may spend almost as much on these toys, get to shoot each other with them,  play scenario games, and ultimately get more from shooting BB's in the woods than any fatass owning a kit that looks like it belongs on to a special operator. Unfortunately, said fatass can't use his special gear in his dream (real) situation, because he spent all his time lining up his sights and pulling the trigger from a position on the firing line.

Find a better, affordable, and attainable, way do what airsoft does, but better (more 'realistically', without serious injury), patent it, and never work another day in your life.

You are correct. Some of us spend tens of thousands on all tha latest high speed gear and you know what I am one of them. And you know where I take it? To the LIVE FIRE range once a month for proving at a local Practical Rifle match. It gets used abused tested and replaced if needed. NO toys, no bbs, no "ouch that hurts". If I fall an the way to cover and drop my M4 and it goes off, there are consicences. REAL ones!

The fact is those fucking things are toys and have a limited use. GO run around in the woods playing army and shooting at eachother thats fine. But stop pretending like airsoft is some uber tactical training aid. The yare toys, plain and simple.
CH
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:40:10 PM EDT
[#45]
I buy all my airsoft shit at the funshows!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:40:24 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And you are ing.

Grow up.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:42:04 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To the airsoft bashers:

You are correct. Some of us spend tens of thousands on all tha latest high speed gear and you know what I am one of them. And you know where I take it? To the LIVE FIRE range once a month for proving at a local Practical Rifle match. It gets used abused tested and replaced if needed. NO toys, no bbs, no "ouch that hurts". If I fall an the way to cover and drop my M4 and it goes off, there are consicences. REAL ones!

The fact is those fucking things are toys and have a limited use. GO run around in the woods playing army and shooting at eachother thats fine. But stop pretending like airsoft is some uber tactical training aid. The yare toys, plain and simple.
CH

Oh, sorry.  Once a month.  You are teh tactical.

You definitly are the definitive authority on the poitential training value of a particular tool.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:42:16 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CH

Toys/tools.  Semantics.

It's all in how you use them

You think airsoft or paintball has no use, you are just ignorant of all the respected schools and instructors that use them.

You must have missed the TWO posts that I stated that airsoft can be a good training aid IF USED CORRECTLY. Read man read!
CH
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:43:06 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To the airsoft bashers:

CH

I'm going to be gentle about this, but honestly, what do you think civilian shooters with tactical gear and tactical rifles are?  There's SHTF/Survivalist stuff, and home defense, and all of that - but all the uber-tactical civilian shooting world - the "mankillers" - are using their real weapons like toys as well. ETA - (Unless you're waiting for the Green Berets to give you a phone call and say, man, we could really use your expertise and your cool guns... Help a brother out! - then it might be really actually useful in the long run)

Which is freakin' wonderful, if you get a kick out of it. Have a blast. But it doesn't make you a tough guy, tough guy. Get over yourself, smile, have a little fun. Unless a little plastic toy gun threatens your manhood enough that you get pissed off about goofballs and kids playing with them and posting about it on the Internet. In which case, I would suggest therapy may help with those unresolved anger issues.

ETA2 - because I'm really just trying to give you a jab in the ribs about this, because I get that way about my ARs too
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:43:24 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CH

Agreed, and some of the folks that play with them are freakin' weirdos.

But we've all seen these pictures over and over and over again, reposting them and post-whoring about it to boot is a waste of time.

You are right and I have stopped. It was fun going thru that thread again!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top