User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:33:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The kid murdered 4 innocent people and got sentenced to meaningless probation. So yeah it did kinda make them bullet proof
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Dad owns Cleburne Sheet Metal in Fort Worth, TX

They are supposed to have about 15 Million in sales a year, so they can replenish the funds.  Maybe if people stop doing business with them they would get the picture.  Both Parents had run ins with the law before, and big surprise always just payed it off....

Read the reviews
I'd love to own a $15 million a year business, but that isn't enough to make you bulletproof like these 'tards seem to think they are.  

The kid murdered 4 innocent people and got sentenced to meaningless probation. So yeah it did kinda make them bullet proof

eh, what is the legal definition between murder and manslaughter.  Don't agree with the penalty but the charge should matter.  http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/PE.19.htm

ETA:  By charge, I don't want to be driving the spare car that my friend loaned me because mine is in the shop and we help eachother, then get charged with grand theft.  Not the same situation but you can see what not following the legal definitions could lead to.  ie, you really don't want to leave it up to mob rule or the guy pulling you over to decide your fate.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:38:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Some people need...
View Quote
Retroactive abortion.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:39:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

eh, what is the legal definition between murder and manslaughter.  Don't agree with the penalty but the charge should matter.  http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/PE.19.htm
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are supposed to have about 15 Million in sales a year, so they can replenish the funds.  Maybe if people stop doing business with them they would get the picture.  Both Parents had run ins with the law before, and big surprise always just payed it off....

Read the reviews
I'd love to own a $15 million a year business, but that isn't enough to make you bulletproof like these 'tards seem to think they are.  

I believe he is looking at 40 years in the adult system, theoretically of course.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:41:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Read the reviews
View Quote

Sales <> net income
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:43:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

bullet resistance depends on more than money. What do you do with the money? How politically active are they? How connected? Do they have picks of some one fucking a goat?

I was eating dinner with a politico in a nice restaurant and he offered me a drink. I declined, citing the fact I was the driver for this little excursion. He asked, "Where are we?" I reminded him and he replied without hesitation, "Aw hell, I can get you off for a DUI here." He wasn't rich, but he was connected.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:45:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I sold 10mil worth of Electrical work in 2015.  I get to keep 1.5% of it and the company gets the rest.  After all the BS they clear 4 of the 10 I sold.    I think some businesses make even less.  I.E. Sell 10 mil to keep 400k.

Either way I wouldn't consider 15mil afluenzic unless they were clearing 15 mil a year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read the reviews

I sold 10mil worth of Electrical work in 2015.  I get to keep 1.5% of it and the company gets the rest.  After all the BS they clear 4 of the 10 I sold.    I think some businesses make even less.  I.E. Sell 10 mil to keep 400k.

Either way I wouldn't consider 15mil afluenzic unless they were clearing 15 mil a year.

All depends on the businesses.

The.company I'm with will probably cash flow 200m or so this year.

A large percentage (diesel fuel / gasoline) we make pennies on. So cash flow =/= profit.  Alot of work for little return.

Flip side, if he was running a hedge fund clearing 15m a year net. That's significant. Every business is different. But even at 15m a year net, that's not enough to buy your way out in my opinion.

Edit: bigger the business bigger the headaches too.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:47:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I believe he is looking at 40 years in the adult system, theoretically of course.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read the reviews

How could they try (trial?) you once, convict, give sentence, then when you hit a certain age.. scratch that, life.  Not a lawyer, don't want to get intertwined in the dog pile, just curious where that comes from.

(I did add an edit after you posted)
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:49:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Read the reviews
View Quote

The roofing company I used to work for did 25-30 million a year every year and my boss had money but wasn't filthy rich. I know a guy that has an aviation business where Fred Couch had a small airplane. He had to call every month and threaten Fred if he didn't pay his bills.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:55:34 AM EDT
[#9]
They said if he is moved over to adult court now the max he would serve is 120 days and serve the rest of his 8 years left of probation. If he screws up again in adult court then they could possibly make him serve 10 years for each death. Total of 40 years.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:18:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Retroactive abortion.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some people need...
Retroactive abortion.  

Killin' was what I was going for, but that'll work.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 5:58:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
My father just reviewed his car insurance and realized he has only $25k coverage for vehicle damage per whatever, he was like "most new trucks and cars are well over $25k and some are rapidly going to $50k with options on those dozer things..." He is going to up his coverage. He is also going to get another umbrella since mom let the other one lapse.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Insurance covered the settlements.   Their rates may have gone up a hair.

Basically the same for cities and state governments.

Only suckers pay from their own accounts. Pass the costs onto the tax payer or end customers.

My father just reviewed his car insurance and realized he has only $25k coverage for vehicle damage per whatever, he was like "most new trucks and cars are well over $25k and some are rapidly going to $50k with options on those dozer things..." He is going to up his coverage. He is also going to get another umbrella since mom let the other one lapse.

$25k liability? What fucking state has that low of a required liability policy? I  carry a million on my regular personal cars and 2 mil on my work rigs.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 6:17:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You obviously have no clue as to how fucked up our legal system is.........I deal with it everyday, it's disgusting beyond words.
View Quote

That's why its a legal system and not a justice system, so they say.

The pic of the twerp arrested in Mexico -- anyone else just want to backhand slap the shit out of him? Not punch. But just slap him so had that his face is into two different dimensions.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 6:41:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What kinda of shit is that? What's the purpose of probabation if there are no repercussions for breaking it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh my what they're going to do to them in Texas prisons. You talk about Princess Brides.

Kid is supposed to me looking at zero extra time.  Mama could get 10 years.

What kinda of shit is that? What's the purpose of probabation if there are no repercussions for breaking it?

If the guilty all went to jail, who would pay the defense attorneys? Our justice system is a racket, *especially* where DUI is concerned (in SC anyway).
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:18:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

A large percentage (diesel fuel / gasoline) we make pennies on. So cash flow =/= profit.  Alot of work for little return.

Flip side, if he was running a hedge fund clearing 15m a year net. That's significant. Every business is different. But even at 15m a year net, that's not enough to buy your way out in my opinion.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read the reviews

Fwiw, hedge funds to by the 2&20 fee structure. 2% management fee on assets and then a 20% participationnrate above a certain level of returns.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:57:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Retroactive abortion.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some people need...
Retroactive abortion.  

75th trimester...
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:01:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Zero fucks given
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:04:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Read the reviews
A business can have a gazillion dollars in sales and still lose money. Sales doesn't mean retained earnings.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:15:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Just a note, it was mentioned on the radio this morning that  the little shit went to a private rehab clinic as part of his sentence,  mom and dad ponied up $350K for that country club atmosphere.
They also settled  with 6 civil suits and have two more pending plus mom's legal bills are about to start with a vengeance.

If  the parents are not living on credit at the moment they are damn close to it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:23:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Retroactive abortion.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some people need...
Retroactive abortion.  

Intracranial Lead Injection
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:30:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The pic of the twerp arrested in Mexico -- anyone else just want to backhand slap the shit out of him? Not punch. But just slap him so had that his face is into two different dimensions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You obviously have no clue as to how fucked up our legal system is.........I deal with it everyday, it's disgusting beyond words.

I am with you dude .

The look on that brat face makes me just want to hurt him!
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:16:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
High Velocity Intracranial Lead Injection
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some people need...
Retroactive abortion.  

High Velocity Intracranial Lead Injection

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:25:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
A business can have a gazillion dollars in sales and still lose money. Sales doesn't mean retained earnings.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read the reviews

Nor does a paper loss really equate losing money. Most businesses I look at don't make much, if any, money on paper yet somehow they can still afford their million dollar home and $1K+ monthly car payments.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:32:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read the reviews

From what I saw I think they actually make siding and metal roofing. Thats manufacturing margins, not service margins. They probably clear 1.5 million or a little more before they pay the bank.

In my industry (commercial equipment service) you make about 500k net profit on 10 million gross. Usually the bank payments are 4-600k out of that 500k.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:44:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
$25k liability? What fucking state has that low of a required liability policy? I  carry a million on my regular personal cars and 2 mil on my work rigs.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only suckers pay from their own accounts. Pass the costs onto the tax payer or end customers.

That is just damage to another vehicle per incident for a total of. That does not cover injuries,  underinsured, uninsured motors, property damage, etc.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:55:19 PM EDT
[#25]
If they had "real" money, they would've made it to a non extradition country.  Fleeing to Mexico is sooooo trailer park.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:04:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Karma is preparing to wreck them.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:49:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Once again, all you anti-abortionists.....
View Quote

If you can't see the difference, you're too stupid to debate it with
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:53:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That is just damage to another vehicle per incident for a total of. That does not cover injuries,  underinsured, uninsured motors, property damage, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In Ark (and many other states) its 25/50/25k. That corresponds 25kper-person/50kPer-accident/25kProperty damage.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top