Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:17:25 AM EDT
[#1]
yup. the house in the film was in Tacoma Wa.

three fo' three, enough for me.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:11:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Amen Brutha!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:27:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:03:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just what ARFCOM needs, another Texas circle jerk.  Is it a new month already?

You're just pissed because the worst drivers in Texas have "Land of Enchantment" plates on their cars.

Yeah, I'm pissed about all the bad drivers in Texas that are from New Mexico

We need to make them put signs on their vehicles, like the "wide load" signs, but saying something accurate for them, like "Completely Unpredictable", "Brakes Without Any Warning", "Sometimes Enters Freeway Up The Offramp", or just "New Mexico".
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:17:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm a contract worker sales rep, it means that I WORK for many people at the same time selling
items in the bicycle industry.

I've worked for canadian companys three differant times, ALL three Failed to pay commisions.

I've worked for texans {note SMALL "t"}  three times, ALL three BROKE their own contracts, regarding pay or lenght of employement or who I was to get payed for.

most of the time that I get hired is by phone, IF i hear any sort of TEXAN or CANADIAN in the callers voice I ask them where their from.
If a Mans contract isn't good HIS word isn't
I don't waste my time.I just tell them "no thanks, I'm not interested."

by the way, take off them damn silly hat's when you enter a building. wtf? you guy talk about manners? take the hats OFF
and also regarding manners ~DON"T BRAG

and when you move to CALIFORNIA, please remove your stupid "don't mess with texass" stickers

It's only NY'ers and texans that  feel insecure in CALIFORNIA and need to remind people that
they're "imports"

CALIFORNIA would be fine if all of the liberals from other state would stay out.

my bumber sticker would read "texas, a great place for texans"

but I did have the finnest steak of my life...in texas
and in a bar one night in texas I had a drunk dude ask me where did I learn to talk
like a "weatherman" 'cuz I want to learn hows to talk like yuz

That is pretty odd, given that Texas contract and employment law is simple and pretty straightforward.  If you have a contract (even oral) and are not in breach, the Secretary of State and/or the TEC would be delighted to hear from you.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:25:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Whatcha want ta drink, hon?

Coke.

What flavor?

Sprite.

Comin' up, hon.

WTF?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:29:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Austin=California

the rest of TX is great.
God Bless texas....

I live in San Antonio and work in Austin. People ask why I dont just move to Austin. Its like moving out of Texas to Cali. No thanks..

Sigh.  More misinformation.

Austin != Kalifornia.  There is just a large number of idiots that live here, on top of that add the large college population, State Government (along with all the whacko activisits), and ALL these morons just LOVE to be "visible".  As stated, there are PLENTY of good folks out here, we just don't co-mingle with the trash.

Neither is that the norm in California.

Austin=Berkeley
Austin <> California.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:31:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Austin=California

the rest of TX is great.
God Bless texas....

I live in San Antonio and work in Austin. People ask why I dont just move to Austin. Its like moving out of Texas to Cali. No thanks..

actually, the california influence in austin is pretty much limited to the area between mopac and 35, bounded in the north by 2222, and in the south by ben white.  outside of that, it's still texas. suburbs like manor, leander, liberty hill, etc. are pure texas.

sometimes i miss the place.

Err, that is not a California influence, it's a liberal influence. Most of California is red state.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:36:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Austin=California

the rest of TX is great.
God Bless texas....

actually, the california influence in austin is pretty much limited to the area between mopac and 35, bounded in the north by 2222, and in the south by ben white.  outside of that, it's still texas. suburbs like manor, leander, liberty hill, etc. are pure texas.

Err, that is not a California influence, it's a liberal influence. Most of California is red state.

Most people in Austin that are from "California" moved to California first because they wanted to be in California, then they were transfered to Austin.  They are "from California", but actually they grew up in Idaho or South Carolina and believed that everyone around them was a brutal savage and they were delicate enlightened liberals and they would be at home in California, so off they went.  Later, they wind up in Austin and tell people that they are "from California" because it makes them feel superior.  Odd dynamic.

Meanwhile, the few remaining hippies in Austin have long since been priced out of the housing market and have fled for places like Llano, and will tell you that it was to get away from the people "from California".  California is, indeed, a state of mind, and unfortunately the concept of California as a haven for weirdos has attracted people who aspire to that ideal for 40 years now.  A few years back, I helped settle the estate of a friend of one of my aunts, some of which was real estate in Long Beach, almost all commercial property.  The industrial parks were like visiting another time.  All empty, mostly defense industry suppliers, and speaking to one of the last tenants was really creepy, in an end-of-the-empire sort of way, about how there used to be 150 machinists in this park alone, now many were in nursing homes, they couldn't attract apprentices any more, how you could have anything made there inside of 48 hours, how some of the people had worked on bombers for the Pacific campaign, and so on.  And it was all gone.  I am good with accents and after I had  finished the paperwork in Los Angeles (I can't tell you where, just downtown LA proper) I was listening to the people around me at the Starbucks and none of them had that flat Okie/Midwestern accent, none that I could hear, anyway.  A few of the attorneys and one of the secretaries in the law firm, and that was it.  I have heard stories about how interesting a place California was in the 1930s and 1940s and 1950s before the massive population growth.

Funny thing is that when I meet someone who was actually from California or whose family moved there 1950 or before, they are really nice people.  When I meet people "from California" in Texas, they are, frankly, usually unpleasant and they almost never have that accent.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:46:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Austin=California

the rest of TX is great.
God Bless texas....

Most people in Austin that are from "California" moved to California first because they wanted to be in California, then they were transfered to Austin.  They are "from California", but actually they grew up in Idaho or South Carolina and believed that everyone around them was a brutal savage and they were delicate enlightened liberals and they would be at home in California, so off they went.  Later, they wind up in Austin and tell people that they are "from California" because it makes them feel superior.  Odd dynamic.

Yes, we get a lot of those people too. They tend to follow the tech booms around the country. I don't know where they are from, but they often end up in the SF Bay Area, Seattle, Austin, Boston, and any place else they think they can make a quick buck. Many are well educated and very liberal.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:47:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just what ARFCOM needs, another Texas circle jerk.  Is it a new month already?

You're just pissed because the worst drivers in Texas have "Land of Enchantment" plates on their cars.

Yeah, I'm pissed about all the bad drivers in Texas that are from New Mexico

We need to make them put signs on their vehicles, like the "wide load" signs, but saying something accurate for them, like "Completely Unpredictable", "Brakes Without Any Warning", "Sometimes Enters Freeway Up The Offramp", or just "New Mexico".

Sounds like the Chinese and Indian drivers in San Francisco.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:54:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
......and Lonestar Beer still sucks!

Sorry it's Saturday night, the topic of beer is on my mind.

Tj

Watch out for the armadillo.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:17:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Easy enough to find steak, but order it seared rare, rare, or medium rare - anything else is just charred.  Asking for steak sause is an insult to the cook, and will get your ass kicked.  Smothering BBQ (Brisket) in sause is also an insult to the cook, and will get your ass kicked.

I know a place where you'll get a dirty look (and a "no") for asking for a fork. And they'll give you a plastic knife (in that rare instance in which you forgot your own). And if you ask for sauce, you will definitely get an ass kicking.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:54:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Easy enough to find steak, but order it seared rare, rare, or medium rare - anything else is just charred.  Asking for steak sause is an insult to the cook, and will get your ass kicked.  Smothering BBQ (Brisket) in sause is also an insult to the cook, and will get your ass kicked.

I know a place where you'll get a dirty look (and a "no") for asking for a fork. And they'll give you a plastic knife (in that rare instance in which you forgot your own). And if you ask for sauce, you will definitely get an ass kicking.

I've been to a restaurant where the only utensil is a steak knife if you didn't bring your own with you. And nearly everything on the menu was either ribs, brisket, sausage, or a dill pickle on the side.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:24:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
and rule #1....expect a lot of hat, and precious few cattle. The biggest thing in TX is the ego.

Cattle and Meat Value of  
 Inventory  (Cattle Calves  Steer/bull
Rank  State  (1,000) Calves)  ($1000)  Operatio Raised  
1  Texas  14,532,814  13,028,67 7,252,079 144,354  4,915,101
2  Nebraska  6,732,637  7,143,061 4,953,935 29,298  2,645,580
3  Kansas  6,506,089  8,271,113 5,456,072 36,244  2,932,010
4  Oklahoma  5,321,161  4,346,420 2,311,232 58,023  1,994,975
5  California  4,968,679  3,107,562 1,411,055 17,335  1,183,658
6  Missouri  4,312,716  2,494,869 1,130,653 67,198  1,101,367
7  S. Dakota  3,723,271  2,448,551 1,332,772 20,502  1,050,831
8  Iowa  3,647,129  2,881,122 1,850,796 38,435  1,369,683
9  Wisconsin  3,440,300  1,547,935 670,528  39,593  678,517  
10  Colorado  3,307,301  3,751,788 2,537,589 15,592  1,287,136
13  Minnesota  2,395,456  1,339,902 742,357  30,913  735,165  
16  N.Dakota 1,810,409  1,055,343 497,884  14,232  431,286  
26  Illinois  1,437,697  949,478  546,901  24,452  457,320  
27  Ohio  1,282,546  7,11,149  344,743  28,244  354,934  
31  Michigan  1,025,702  537,681  276,971  15,468  286,846  
32  Indiana  976,701  667,846  331,134  23,025  288,776  
United  States  98,989,244  74,089,04 40,524,83 1,046,86 28,838,49

feel stupid yet?

So Texas generates more bullshit than any other state.  Tell us something we didn't know.

Damn that  was cold .
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:41:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:12:49 AM EDT
[#18]
When visiting Texas...

1. If you don't bring a gun, someone can loan you one

2. People do have names like bubba and one guy I worked with down there was named Booger

3. You'll probably get bitch slapped for not bringing a gun

4. Meat is a meal in itself. All other food is "fixins"

5. Anyone not from Texas is a Yankee even those from Tennesse, Georgia, and Louisiana

6. Ya'll has a lot of different meanings

7. Things are not necessarily bigger in Texas; they are just spread out over 100 miles

I just spent 3 1/2 months in Texas. Never saw a state so proud of itself before. Don't eff with Texas.

I disagree, when I was stationed in TEXAS, they referred to Tennesseeans as "Honorary TEXANS." Had a good time there, might have to try to get stationed there again in the next five years before I retire.

B_S
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:17:33 AM EDT
[#19]
if u visit Texas just watch the way dance as you might get arrested

dont tint your windows too dark less see some Texas justice

the damn Alice cop has nothig beter to due i swear
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:21:39 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
People planning to visit Texas might find the following advice useful.

1. Don't expect to find filet mignon or pasta primavera at the local
restaurant. It's a cafe. They serve hamburgers and chicken fried steak. Let
them cook something they know. If you confuse them, they'll kick your ass.

2. Don't laugh at the names (Merleen, Bodie, Bubba, Bobby Ray, Curley, Tammy
Lynn, Billy Joe, Sissy, Clovis, etc.). Or we will HAVE to kick your ass.

3. Don't order a bottle of pop or a can of soda. In Texas it's called a coke.
Nobody gives a damn whether it's Pepsi, RC, Dr. Pepper, 7-Up or whatever -
it's still a coke. Accept it. Doing otherwise can lead to an ass kicking.

4. We know our heritage. Most of us are more literate than you (read some J.
Frank Dobie). We are also better educated and generally a lot nicer than you.
Don't refer to us as a bunch of cowboy hicks, or we'll kick your ass.

5. We have plenty of business sense (e.g., Howard Hughes, H. Ross Perot,
Southwest Airlines, Dell computers). Naturally, sometimes we have small
lapses in judgment (e.g., Phil Gramm). However, we are not dumb enough to let
someone move to our state just so they can run for the US Senate. If anyone
tried to do that they would get a serious ass kickin'.

6. Don't laugh at our Civil War monuments. If Lee had listened to Gen. Hood
you'd be paying taxes to Richmond instead of Washington. If you visit the
Alamo,
Remember that Tennesseeans bailed their ass out... take your hat off and be properly humble, or we'll kick your ass.

7. We are fully aware of how hot it gets and high the humidity is, so shut up
about it. If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen, or we'll kick
your ass.

8. Do not attempt to eat tamales without first removing their corn husk
casing. Everyone will instantly know that you're a Yankee. DO NOT, under any
circumstances, complain that the chili is TOO hot or contains no kidney
beans, this will get your ass kicked into next week.

9. Don't talk about how much better things are at home But in TN, they are because we know they
are not. Many of us have visited Northern hellholes like Detroit, Chicago,
and DC, and we have the scars to prove it. If you don't like it here, Delta
is ready when you are. Move your ass on home -- before we kick it.

10. Yes, we know how to speak proper English. We talk this way because we
don't want to sound like you. We don't care if you don't understand what we
are saying. All other Texans understand what we are saying and that's all
that matters. Now, go away, or we'll kick your ass.

11. Don't complain that certain areas of this state smells of oil. If your
livelihood depended on those wells you'd soon learn to love the aroma.
Besides, None of OUR lakes or rivers have caught fire recently. If you whine
about OUR scenic beauty, we'll kick your ass all the way back to Pittsburgh,
PA.

12. Don't ridicule our Texas manners. We say sir and ma'am. We hold doors
open for others. We offer our seats to old folks. Such things are expected of
civilized people. Behave yourselves around our sweet little gray-haired
grandmothers, or they'll kick your ass -- just like they did ours.

13. Don't think we're quaint or losers because most of us live in small
towns. We do this because we have enough sense to not live in crime infested
cesspools like BaltimoreDallas or Houston. Make fun of our small towns and we'll kick your
ass.

14. DO NOT DARE to tell us how to cook barbecue. This will get your ass shot
(right after it is kicked). Criticize the barbecue and you may go home in a
pine box
Which is where their BBQ belongs because everyone knows the best BBQ comes from Memphis-- minus your ass.

15. Remember, the only reason you are lucky enough to be here in the first
place is because The Tennessee Volunteers saved our asses from getting kicked by Santa Anna
we have not pulled the Border Patrol off the Rio Grande and
put them on the Red River (where they really belong) to keep your ass out.

16. Enjoy your visit.

Thanks, I will.....

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:22:21 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Got this in an e-mail the other day:

Subject: MOVING TO TEXAS

Chuck was sitting in an airplane when another fellow took a seat beside him. The new guy was an absolute wreck...pale, hands shaking, biting his nails and moaning in fear.

"Hey pal, what's the matter?" Chuck asked. "Oh man....I've been transferred to Texas," the other guy answered, "there's crazy people in Texas....and they have shootings, gangs, race riots, drugs, high  crime rate...."

"Hold on" Chuck interrupted, "I've lived in Texas all my life and it is not as bad as the media says. Find a nice home, go to work, mind your own business, enroll your kids in a good school and it's as safe as anywhere in the world."

The other passenger relaxed and stopped shaking for a moment and said, "Oh thank you. I've been worried to death but if you live there and say it's OK, I'll take your word for it. What do you do for a living?"

"Me?", said Chuck, "I'm a tail gunner on a bread truck in Laredo."

I thought it was funny. If y'all R anal....substiute KY for TX.

Central Ky looks alot like TX,grass all brown,it's been months since we had any rain.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:58:59 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
And above all remember TRG lives there and he will do something else with you a$$.

Send me your picture, please.  

TRG

Hell, hasn't frozen over yet.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:11:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
if u visit Texas just watch the way dance as you might get arrested

dont tint your windows too dark less see some Texas justice

the damn Alice cop has nothig beter to due i swear

Did you move to Texas from Can'tspeakenglishstan?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:14:50 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Everything's better in Texas.

Everything

Except public land to visit and play on.  If you don't know anyone with a ranch, there ain't much point in visiting Texas.  No insult intended.

This is true.

I love Texas, but it has its flaws like everywhere else.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:15:02 PM EDT
[#25]

Texan, the lowest from of human being there is....... I wonder how the South lost with great men like Texans on their side.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:28:46 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Texan, the lowest from of human being there is....... I wonder how the South lost with great men like Texans on their side.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:33:05 PM EDT
[#27]
ahahah thats awsome.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:34:19 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Hmm.

Have a pleasant day!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:34:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:31:32 PM EDT
[#30]
I love that Johnny Cash pic !!

I'll be coming to Texas in a few months.........I'll have some company coming with me....look forward to the hospitality.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:48:41 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

And just where is the utopia that you call home?  

When you are on top of your game, everyone takes a shot at ya.  

Attitude determines altitude, that is why the NASA control is in Houston!  

Texas till I die!!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:57:19 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Neither is that the norm in California.

Austin=Berkeley
Austin <> California.

God damn, I'm almost getting sick of this shit.  Austin really isn't THAT bad, damnit.  It's GETTING bad.  Fucking Californian transplants and hippie ass college students.  

Austin is still a great area to live in.  Mostly in the outlying areas.  I'm practically in Round Rock, and it's awesome up here.  

Texans didn't just give up on the Alamo and walk away because there were tons of Mexicans there, don't give up on Austin, cuz there's tons of liberals here.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:10:28 PM EDT
[#33]
I have a real hard time believing that all that many Californians are moving to Austin.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:15:29 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I have a real hard time believing that all that many Californians are moving to Austin.

Silicone Valley is in Kali, right?

The area around here is sometimes referred to as Silicone Hills.  We have a LOT of high tech here.  

Many Kalifornians move here.  Believe it.  They fucked up their state, and now they're moving out.  Lots in AZ, from what I hear.  And in Texas, Austin is where they gravitate to.  (DVDtracker and ProfessorEvil are former Kalifornistanians, but they're welcome here!  DVDTracker says when he got his DL, they said he was like the 5th Kalifornian that day)
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:19:28 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The area around here is sometimes referred to as Silicone Hills.  We have a LOT of high tech here.  

Many Kalifornians move here.  Believe it.  They fucked up their state, and now they're moving out.  Lots in AZ, from what I hear.  And in Texas, Austin is where they gravitate to.  (DVDtracker and ProfessorEvil are former Kalifornistanians, but they're welcome here!  DVDTracker says when he got his DL, they said he was like the 5th Kalifornian that day)

Maybe I should have said that I doubt many people are moving from Berkeley to Austin.

It's not as if the majority of people that work in tech are hippies.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:24:49 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe I should have said that I doubt many people are moving from Berkeley to Austin.

It's not as if the majority of people that work in tech are hippies.

As I said before, most aren't really from California either, but that it how they like to identify themselves and how they model their behavior.  And yes, they are all over the place in Austin.  There are now five flights a day non-stop from San Jose, for instance.  Yes, San Jose to Austin.

This was a serious trend in the late 1990s, when people started saying that there were too many of them in Austin, just like when Mexicans on the west side of San Antonio started saying that there were too many Mexicans in the early 1990s.  There are major population movements going on right now in California, and I really don't want that Blade Runner future for Texas.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:09:44 PM EDT
[#37]
A Texan was braggin' to a fella from Anchorage:

'Yup,  down heah in Texas every damn thing we gots is big.  Big I tell ya.'

Alaska dude says:  'Pipe down Tex.  We can always cut Alsaka in two & STILL be bigger than Texas.'

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:17:11 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Alaska dude says:  'Pipe down Tex.  We can always cut Alsaka in two & STILL be bigger than Texas.'

Yeah except when alaska fucking melts its smaller.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:46:15 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Greetings from page 3 of this thread!*

*This message brought to you by the Society of People That Read The Entire Thread Before Posting, So They Don't Look Like Morons and Post Something That's Already Been Said.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:34:50 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Greetings from page 3 of this thread!*

*This message brought to you by the Society of People That Read The Entire Thread Before Posting, So They Don't Look Like Morons and Post Something That's Already Been Said.

*snicker*
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:04:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:13:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Here's some advice if you plan to visit Texas.

Skip El Paso, Mexico.  Complete asshole of the world.  Absolute dump.  Move the border back 30 miles and start over.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:14:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Ah visted Texas, Ah like Texas.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:53:47 AM EDT
[#44]
It seems that most folks who trash Texas have never been here.

And please, let's keep it that way. Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:18:16 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
It seems that most folks who trash Texas have never been here.

And please, let's keep it that way. Thank you.

pretty bold assumption
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:28:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Once you see Alaska everything else looks like Texas.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:32:07 AM EDT
[#47]
I've been to every State in this country.

I've lived in several different States.

I've traveled to and stayed in Texas many times.

I've known many people from Texas as well.

To this day, one of the greatest absurdities I've ever witnessed is the hyper-emotional, completely misplaced "horn-tootin'" fuss Texans make over the State of Texas. Don't mess with Texas. It's a Texas thing, you wouldn't understand. We grow'em bigger in Texas. Texas this and Texas that.

It's not a bad place, don't get me wrong, but paradise it aint. Much of the State has a landscape that makes the surface of Mars look like a rainforest. None of their major cities are anything to write home about and brag. Tex-Mex is good food, but a culinary masterpiece it is not. Belt buckles the size of frisbee's are the fashon equivilent to some guy in the hood wearin' a gold plated .45 hanging from a huge chain around his neck. The rural areas have some beautiful places, but so do the rural places in almost every State in the country. I will say that I have met my share of hot Texan women, but there's an equal amount of Texan women who feel that being 40 pounds over weight and wearing polyester pants with an elastic waist band and huge hair sprayed hair is the fashon de jour.

So, Texas is big.....and?

Again, it's got some good points....but as far as this "Texas Magic" horseshit goes, please. It's no worse and definately no better than any other State in the Union. Pride in where you come from is fine, but comes a time when the bullshit is so thick it's hard to keep a straight face.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:42:39 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I've been to every State in this country.

I've lived in several different States.

I've traveled to and stayed in Texas many times.

I've known many people from Texas as well.

To this day, one of the greatest absurdities I've ever witnessed is the hyper-emotional, completely misplaced "horn-tootin'" fuss Texans make over the State of Texas. Don't mess with Texas. It's a Texas thing, you wouldn't understand. We grow'em bigger in Texas. Texas this and Texas that.

It's not a bad place, don't get me wrong, but paradise it aint. Much of the State has a landscape that makes the surface of Mars look like a rainforest. None of their major cities are anything to write home about and brag. Tex-Mex is good food, but a culinary masterpiece it is not. Belt buckles the size of frisbee's are the fashon equivilent to some guy in the hood wearin' a gold plated .45 hanging from a huge chain around his neck. The rural areas have some beautiful places, but so do the rural places in almost every State in the country. I will say that I have met my share of hot Texan women, but there's an equal amount of Texan women who feel that being 40 pounds over weight and wearing polyester pants with an elastic waist band and huge hair sprayed hair is the fashon de jour.

So, Texas is big.....and?

Again, it's got some good points....but as far as this "Texas Magic" horseshit goes, please. It's no worse and definately no better than any other State in the Union. Pride in where you come from is fine, but comes a time when the bullshit is so thick it's hard to keep a straight face.

You sound jealous and bitter, and you obviously didn't see much of Texas.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:55:08 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

You sound jealous and bitter, and you obviously didn't see much of Texas.

Of course I sound jealous & bitter.....to a Texan. I've seen plenty of Texas.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:27:15 AM EDT
[#50]
The most memorable piece of advice I received from a Texan, during my flight down here twenty five years ago:

If you meet a woman from Texas who is still calling her father "Daddy," run like hell! Never mind how pretty she is-she'll be nothing but trouble.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top