Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:37:54 AM EDT
[#1]
wonder what they will do to him. Would be interesting to hear how they got him in the 1st place. Lately they have caught a bunch of those guys. Sadly somebody else will take his place eventually.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:38:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Perhaps he was in danger of being exposed and we called him in to save him?

Crazy talk.

Not any crazier than lilywhite would rise in the AQ so quickly.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:40:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Gadahn was a pawn of his extremist beliefs, the taliban, and al qaeda, in the end he will have nothing to show for it.  Stupid terrorists!!
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:41:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I believe this could make him the first American to face trial for treason in over 5 decades.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:42:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Google "Adam Gadhan". The NY Daily News has it. Good riddence to bad rubbish...
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:44:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Google "Adam Gadhan". The NY Daily News has it. Good riddence to bad rubbish...

CNN has it as a "breaking" banner.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:45:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What exactly is Adam Gahdan guilty of?  Expressing his opinions?  Last time I checked, we had a first amendment that protects dissidents, and need I remind you all that dissent is the highest form of patriotism?

I don't think it's legal to openly recruit and plan/train/encourage people to murder other people...................I'm pretty sure that's a crime.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:48:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What exactly is Adam Gahdan guilty of?  Expressing his opinions?  Last time I checked, we had a first amendment that protects dissidents, and need I remind you all that dissent is the highest form of patriotism?

I don't think it's legal to openly recruit and plan/train/encourage people to murder other people...................I'm pretty sure that's a crime.

Tell that to the 1947 CIA or MOSSAD or anybody that knows how to fight a war.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:48:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:51:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Fox just reported it may be someone else with a similar name
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:52:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Don't believe everything you read.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:52:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He renounced his US citizenship and destroyed his passport on one of those videos, so he wouldn't be tried for treason. Stateless propagandist?

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:52:48 AM EDT
[#13]
This is great news.  

HH
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:55:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

this.
i think we got excited over the wrong guy.
still a "close associate".
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 10:00:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Hopefully we get to watch the trial on C-SPAN.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 10:03:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hopefully we get to watch the trial execution on C-SPAN.

Moar better.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 10:06:20 AM EDT
[#17]
He needs to be fed to the swine...
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 10:08:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Well well well.......

In before the Moral High Roaders who will say he is an American citizen and should be afforded all those "rights". He's a fucking traitor who should be shot after all useful information is wrung out of him.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 10:11:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Please extradite!!!
Please extradite!!!
Please extradite!!!
Please extradite!!!
Please extradite!!!

We haven't had a good treason trial in a long time.

"Son, we're gonna give you a fair trial, followed by a first class hangin'!"

I wouldn't *necessarily* have a problem with your suggestion but the part in red ain't gonna happen. Hopefully he will "die mysteriously" before he ever reaches our shores.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 10:13:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Maybe I need to adjust my sarcasm meter?

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 10:20:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He renounced his US citizenship and destroyed his passport on one of those videos, so he wouldn't be tried for treason. Stateless propagandist?

Just because someone renounces, doesn't mean the US accepts it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 10:22:55 AM EDT
[#22]
*dancing*

"I come from the water... I come from the water..."

I trust they know what to do...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 10:23:25 AM EDT
[#23]
great to see the pakis on board with getting the jihadis...the talibs overplayed when they went to war with pakistan...they were willing to let the talibs do whatever....the taliban fucked up...BAD and now they are gonna pay, i hope the pakis torture that fat bastard to within an inch of his traitor life!!!
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 10:25:09 AM EDT
[#24]
off with his head
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 10:27:38 AM EDT
[#25]
I kinda look forward to the …

Pakistan: We don't know what happened to him, we turned him over to the Americans, they took it from there.

USA: We don't know what happened to him, the Pakistanis were supposed to turn him over to us but never showed up.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 10:30:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Whoever they arrested, it's most likely related to the video. Able to trace the upload or something.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 10:30:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 10:36:39 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

this.

i think we got excited over the wrong guy.

still a "close associate".

CNN and CBS are still reporting the following:

"Pakistani officials say Adam Gadahn aka Azzam al-Amriki has been arrested in Karachi"

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 10:40:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Saw it on Fox. Kick ass!

The Pakis need to take care of him. I don't trust this administration to do it.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 10:50:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Insha'Allah.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 10:51:34 AM EDT
[#31]
I hope they hook him up to a generator while he sits in a kiddie pool of water until he screams out Osama's cave number and then off with him to Pakastani pound him in the ass prision for life dressed only in a pink tutu.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 10:51:54 AM EDT
[#32]
I hope they hook him up to a generator while he sits in a kiddie pool of water until he screams out Osama's cave number and then off with him to Pakastani pound him in the ass prision for life dressed only in a pink tutu.

SORRY...DOUBLE TAP
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 10:54:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Fox News and Dawn, the American newspaper in Pakistan are reporting it is NOT the clown from California

It is another US born convert - Abu Yahya Azam, a close associate of OBL

Oh well. We will get that dip shit in due time.

edit

who knows.

Now some sources are saying that is the name the goat farmer uses (Azzam the Amerikan, abu yahya azam, abu-the pigfooker etc.)

Kinda hard to tell from his paki-potato-sack-perp-walk photo

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 11:42:43 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

wonder what they will do to him. Would be interesting to hear how they got him in the 1st place. Lately they have caught a bunch of those guys. Sadly somebody else will take his place eventually.

I REALLY hate to say this, but it needs to be said...

Obama's doing a better job of this than Bush did.

Just sayin'.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 12:00:25 PM EDT
[#35]
From the article:
Gadahn grew up on a goat farm in Riverside County, California, and converted to Islam at a mosque in nearby Orange County.

Hmmm....... Some guy born in Syria on a goat farm becomes a radical muslim.
                        Some guy born in Kommiefornia on a goat farm becomes a radical muslim.

What the fuck is it about goats?? What could being around Goats possibly have to do with radical Islam??

Come on guys help me out here! What is the connection???  
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 12:10:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Goat love. Do it for the terrorists.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 12:11:51 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Breaking on NBC, no further details.

Let's hope the Pakistanis question him extremely vigorously

I hope they do not let him go.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 12:12:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
From the article:
Gadahn grew up on a goat farm in Riverside County, California, and converted to Islam at a mosque in nearby Orange County.

Hmmm....... Some guy born in Syria on a goat farm becomes a radical muslim.
                        Some guy born in Kommiefornia on a goat farm becomes a radical muslim.

What the fuck is it about goats?? What could being around Goats possibly have to do with radical Islam??

Come on guys help me out here! What is the connection???  

Goats are a gateway animal to the ROP,  we must kill all goats for the children.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 12:20:12 PM EDT
[#39]

American al Qaeda spokesman Adam Gadahn captured in Pakistan: Report
By Bill RoggioMarch 7, 2010 1:18 PM

Adam Gadahn, al Qaeda's American spokesman, from a videotape released in 2008.

Reports from Pakistan indicate that the American-born al Qaeda spokesman who has been charged with treason in the US was captured today in Pakistan's port city of Karachi.

Adam Gadahn and an associate are reported to have been captured during a raid by Pakistani special forces on a home at the Super Highway in Karachi, Pakistan's largest city.

US intelligence officials contacted by The Long War Journal said they believed Gadahn has been detained but would not confirm the report.

Gadahn's capture was first reported in the Pakistani press; he was not directly named, however. Geo News identified the captive al Qaeda leader as Commander Abu Yahya Azam while Dawn identified him as Abu Yahya Mujahdeen al Adam. Adam Gahdan's nom de guerre is Abu Azzam al Amriki.

"The Pakistani press often incorrectly reports the names of foreign fighters arrested in the country, especially Arabic noms de guerre," Arif Rafiq, the editor of The Pakistan Policy Blog, told The Long War Journal.

Gadahn was likely detained in the Sohrab Goth neighborhood in Karachi, Rafiq said. "Sohrab Goth is a major Pashtun area in northern Karachi," he said. "Many Mehsud tribesmen live there."

The reported capture of Gadahn comes the same day as As Sahab, al Qaeda's propaganda arm, released a video of him praising Major Nidal Hasan, the Muslim US Army officer who murdered 13 soldiers at Fort Hood, Texas, on Nov. 5, 2009.

"Brother Nidal is the ideal role model for every repentant Muslim in the armies of the unbelievers and apostate regimes," Gadahn said, according to a partial translation provided by CTV.

"Nidal Hasan is a pioneer, a trailblazer and a role-model who has opened a door, lit a path and shown the way forward for every Muslim who finds himself among the unbelievers," Gadahn continued.

Gadahn also called for additional attacks in the US, mirroring the tactics used by Hassan, but said the attacks should not be limited to US military targets.

"You shouldn't make the mistake of thinking that military bases are the only high-value targets in America and the West," Gadahn said. "On the contrary, there are countless other strategic places, institutions and installations which, by striking, the Muslim can do major damage."

The current reports of Gadahn's capture come as six top leaders of the Afghan Taliban's Quetta Shura, or executive leadership council, have been detained in Pakistan. The Pakistani military and government have previously denied that the Quetta Shura existed and said no senior Afghan Taliban leaders were present in Pakistan.

Gadahn, who is better known as Azzam the American or Azzam al Amriki, was born Adam Pearlman and converted to Islam in 1997. It is believed that he joined al Qaeda in 2003 and was recruited by Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks on America. In October 2004, Gadahn appeared in his first al Qaeda video, and he has been featured in several videos since. In a video released in 2008 and titled "An Invitation to Reflection and Repentance," Gadahn tore up his US passport and called for Americans to join al Qaeda.

In October 2006, he was indicted in a US federal court under charges of treason and providing material support to a foreign terrorist organization for making al Qaeda propaganda videos. "By aligning himself with al Qaeda, by moving overseas to be closer to al Qaeda’s base and leadership, and by joining in advocating al Qaeda’s terrorist agenda, an agenda that includes the overthrow of the United States government and the murder of American citizens, Adam Gadahn has committed treason against the United States of America," said US Attorney Debra Wong Yang. He is the first American to be indicted for treason since 1952.

Gahdan was rumored to have been killed in a US airstrike in North Waziristan in January 2008, but he later resurfaced and released several videotapes.

Read more: http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2010/03/american_al_qaeda_sp.php#ixzz0hWnVyGy1
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 12:23:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Will Obama administration follow through on treason charge with Adam Gadahn? By Kerry Picket on March 7, 2010 into Water Cooler
Subscribe*UPDATES at the bottom

American-born al Qaeda spokesman Adam Gadahn was captured by Pakistani authorities, according to a breaking news report from the NY Daily News:

Adam Gadahn, the treasonous Californian Al Qaeda leader who has long been on Washington's Most Wanted list, was nabbed in Pakistan Sunday - a huge victory in the battle against the terror network.

After some confusion in the intial reports, the Associated Press quoted Pakistani officials confirming the arrest of Osama bin Laden's mouthpiece.

The Dawn, Karachi's English-language newspaper, broke the news with a photo of a man being taken away with a bag on his head.

Gadahn was bagged just hours after releasing a new internet video urging American Muslims to go on shooting sprees like Maj. Nidal Hasan's at Fort Hood last year.

He is the first American to be charged with treason since World War II.

If convicted, he faces the death penalty.

Growing up in Riverside, Calif., Gadahn moved to Pakistan in 1998 and received training in an al Qaeda camp six years later, said the AP. He has been sought by the FBI since 2004 and has appeared in more than half a dozen al Qaeda videos, heckling and threatening the West while calling for its demise. Gadahn had been tagged with a $1 million reward leading to his arrest or conviction, the AP reported.

The Obama administration appears to be flaky about where to try confessed 9/11 terrorist mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. Will Obama's Justice Department, headed up by Attorney General Eric Holder, fold and not follow through with the treason charge made in  2006 by the Bush Justice Department? What about interrogating Gadahn?

Don't be surprised if Gadahn defenders cite the case of American Muslim convert and Jihadist  John Walker Lindh, who joined the Taliban and was captured in 2001 in Afghanistan by American troops. He was charged in the civilian criminal court system and given a 20-year federal prison sentence.

#1 Update: Hot Air's Ed Morrissey points out Pakistan's refusal to extradite captured terrorists. This may very well put another wrinkle into the situation both internationally and legally.

#2 Update: American Thinker's Rick Moran says if Gadahn was indeed captured on Pakistani soil, extraditing him to American soil does not look good.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 12:25:17 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

treason: giving aid and comfort to the enemy.  open and shut case, send him to the chair

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 12:27:05 PM EDT
[#42]
As good of news as this is, seems to me that we're now in a period of extreme risk of attack here in the Homeland and abroad...so caution everyone, caution...
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 12:27:31 PM EDT
[#43]
From CNN.com

(CNN) –– Adam Gadahn, an American spokesman for al Qaeda, has been arrested in Pakistan, a senior Pakistani government official source told CNN.

The official said Gadahn was arrested Sunday in Karachi.

Several U.S. officials told CNN that they have no indication that Gadahn has been captured.

News of the arrest came hours after Islamist Web sites posted video of Gadahn praising a November shooting rampage at the U.S. Army base in Fort Hood, Texas. On the video, Gadahn said the Army major charged with gunning down 13 people "lit a path" for other Muslim service members to follow.

Gadahn has routinely posted lengthy videos on Islamist online forums.

In 2006, he was indicted on charges of treason and providing material support to terrorists. The U.S. government has offered a $1 million reward for information leading to his capture.

Gadahn grew up on a California farm, and was home-schooled until age 17. A year later he moved in with his paternal grandparents, who were secular Jews. He converted to Islam at the Islamic Society of Orange County, California, but was banned from the mosque two years later after hitting its chairman, Haitham Bundjaki.

In 1997 Gadahn began working for a California charity suspected of having ties to al Qaeda. He moved to Pakistan in 1998.

His family has said they last heard from him in 2002. In 2004, the FBI identified him as part of an al Qaeda cell that was planning attacks aimed at disrupting that year's presidential election in the United States.

In October 2004, he began appearing in disguise in al Qaeda videos. Gadahn dropped the disguise in 2006.

In 2008, he renounced his U.S. citizenship and destroyed his passport in another al Qaeda video.

In his video message posted online Sunday, Gadahn says Muslims should emulate the alleged Fort Hood shooter.

"I believe that defiant Brother Nidal is the ideal role model for every repentant Muslim in the armies of the unbelievers and apostate regimes," Adam Gadahn says in English in the video.

Maj. Nidal Hasan, an Army psychiatrist and a U.S.-born citizen, is charged with 13 counts of premeditated murder in the November 5 killings. Hasan is also facing 32 counts of attempted premeditated murder and is eligible for the death penalty.

"The Mujahid brother Nidal Hasan is a pioneer, a trailblazer and a role model who has opened a door, lit a path and shown the way forward for every Muslim who finds himself among the unbelievers and yearns to discharge his duty to Allah and play a part in the defense of Islam and Muslims."

Gadahn also cites in Sunday's video the U.S. and allied buildup in Afghanistan, where the United States is in the process of adding about 30,000 troops.

"It is rapidly becoming clear that this already hot global battle is about to get even hotter," he says. "This is a war which knows no international borders and no single battleground, and that's why I am calling on every honest and vigilant Muslim in the countries of the Zionist-Crusader alliance in general and America, Britain and Israel in particular to prepare to play his due role in responding to and repelling the aggression of the enemies of Islam."

In December, Gadahn released a video message in English offering condolences to "unintended Muslim victims" killed in attacks in Afghanistan, Pakistan and elsewhere. It was a rare example of al Qaeda offering condolences to the families of those killed in the group's own attacks.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 12:29:29 PM EDT
[#44]
However, from Fox:

Close Associate of Usama bin Laden Arrested in Pakistan
Sunday, March 07, 2010  

Abu Yahya Azam, a close associate of Usama bin Laden, was arrested in Karachi Sunday and has been taken into custody, Fox News confirms.

Azam is believed to be Egyptian-American.

Maybe we nailed both of them.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 12:32:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 12:35:36 PM EDT
[#46]

Beat that traitorous slag to a pulp..........slowly
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 12:43:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Given Gadahn's background in public relations, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs will be offering him a staff position.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 12:45:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

With any luck, he'll be shot trying to escape.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 12:56:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Fry him in bacon grease.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 12:58:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Gotcha mother fucker
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top