BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:45:56 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

There's nothing pretty about killing somebody no matter how you do it.

There is a world of difference between a simple execution such as hanging and a deliberate attempt to make the victim suffer as they die.  Amputation, Stoning, Pressing, The Wheel, The Rack, all have been assigned to the dustbin of history in the civilized world.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:07:27 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There's nothing pretty about killing somebody no matter how you do it.

There is a world of difference between a simple execution such as hanging and a deliberate attempt to make the victim suffer as they die.  Amputation, Stoning, Pressing, The Wheel, The Rack, all have been assigned to the dustbin of history in the civilized world.  

I think we are missing the big picture and straying off the subject.

IRAN IS STONING WOMEN TO DEATH FOR ADULTERY.

They are a throw back to the stone age.

They are sick fucks in that country  and their #### is a twisted one they follow.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:09:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:33:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have no problem with this.  I say good for them.  That's about the only part of their laws I don't have problems with.

Somehow I doubt that it's his statutory or reasoning similarities that bring about that opinion of his.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:45:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
No one deserves to be stoned to death.  Jesus himself was pretty clear about that, and even an agnostic like me can see the inhumanity of it.  We do not punish monsters by becoming one ourself.

True, 'cept for maybe Stalin.. or Mao.. or Ted Bundy.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:48:20 AM EDT
[#6]
ANYBODY who approves of stoning in any form has some pretty serious issues.

I have to wonder what happened to them as children to make them that screwed up.

PLUS the fact that we are talking "morals" crimes here.  Somebody got laid...KILL THEM!!!

And some here wonder why we have separation of church and state...

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:50:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I have to wonder what happened to them as children to make them that screwed up.

PLUS the fact that we are talking "morals" crimes here.  Somebody got laid...KILL THEM!!!

+1

Not to mention that a female rape victim can be convicted of adultery under Sharia law.
Rape victims ARE stoned to death in Iran. Put that under your Keffiyah.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:52:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hmmm. I wonder how the Brits feel about this...

Why?

Sharia law is something y'all are going to get up close and personal with.

Ironically, it's probably better than your current system of victimization.

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:53:25 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Not to mention that a female rape victim can be convicted of adultery under Sharia law.
Rape victims ARE stoned to death in Iran. Put that under your Keffiyah.

Gays are hanged.

If you find yourself agreeing with the Iranian 'justice system,' you're probably fucking wrong.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:55:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Perhaps we need one of ARFcom's regular Iranian apologists to step up to the plate with a more accurate Farsi translation of the term "stoned to death"; so we can better understand the true nuance of what the barbarians who are currently running that country really want to have done to adulterers.

Perhaps they'll only be gently tied to poles with silk sashes after which their good neighbors will softly lay a few pebbles on their bare feet, and then the "criminals" will be free to go with a warning.

It's always the nuance we have to be concerned with when discussing what the mullahs really mean when they threaten to do something barbaric.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:56:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Perhaps we need one of ARFcom's regular Iranian apologists to step up to the plate with a more accurate Farsi translation of the term "stoned to death"; so we can better understand the true nuance of what the barbarians who are currently running that country really want to have done to adulterers.

Perhaps they'll only be gently tied to poles with silk sashes after which their good neighbors will softly lay a few pebbles on their bare feet, and then the "criminals" will be free to go with a warning.

It's always the nuance we have to be concerned with when discussing what the mullahs really mean when they threaten to do something barbaric.

These comments will definitely leave a mark.  

HH
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:58:33 AM EDT
[#12]
UK cites human rights violations in Iran        

Tuesday, 22 July 2008  
IranFocus.com

London, Jul. 22 – Britain on Monday accused Iran of stepping up human rights violations.

A report by the House of Commons Foreign Affairs Committee posted on the Parliament’s website on Monday concluded that Iran’s human rights record “remains shocking” and “appears to be deteriorating”.

There has been a “rapid increase” in executions in Iran, said the committee’s 2007 annual human rights report. “A man was stoned to death in Qazvin province for adultery in July 2007”, it said.

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:00:18 AM EDT
[#13]
I guess the whole, "Let's all overthrow the Shah and live under sharia law!" thing isn't working out so well.    
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:02:45 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A friend of mine worked in the U.A.E. and witnessed a stoning. The way they did it was to tie the people on the ground to stakes at a construction site, and use a front-end loader to drop rocks on them.  

Well that's not very sporting.  

Except for the guy driving the front end loader....it sort of takes the fun out of it, don't you think?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:04:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Religion of peace?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:09:16 AM EDT
[#16]

Brutal.  Fucking savages.

-p.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:10:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Do I approve of stoning? No

I would approve of public execution of adulterous people though. Male or female.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:14:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Stone age thinking will get you stoned every time.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:16:46 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I would approve of public execution of adulterous people though. Male or female.

What do you want for jaywalking...amputation?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:31:14 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Current fines seem adequate.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:40:46 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Petty theft over in Iran is punishable by hand AND feet amputation.  We'd have fewer members on this site if that were carried out in other countries.  

HH
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:43:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:44:24 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I'm sure someone will come along shortly and tell us what a wonderful country Iran is.

EDIT: crap! I thought it said Iran.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 11:22:43 AM EDT
[#24]

Sharia Law certainly stops people dicking about…
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:06:18 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I hear they're looking for forward thinking people like you to help manage things in Africa.

Edit: To correct my non-spelling ass.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:13:25 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hmmm. I wonder how the Brits feel about this...

Why?

Sharia law is something y'all are going to get up close and personal with.

Ironically, it's probably better than your current system of victimization.

lol
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top