Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 98
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:11:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It annoys me, i understand not getting involved in a domestic dispute, but things like this need people who man up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

nice!

There was a thread a few months back about "would you use your CCW to stop a crime" with a poll.
The vast majority of of people in the thread were of the MYOB mindset and would run away from trouble without getting involved. They claimed they carry a gun to protect themselves and their family,period.

I've seen a ton of that mentality on this site. It is absolutely shameful if you ask me.

It annoys me, i understand not getting involved in a domestic dispute, but things like this need people who man up.

And they would do what exactly?
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:11:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Sure, the definitions are full of ambiguity and there's the potential for abuse (as with everything) but we need to sit down and figure out those issues that you brought up. Because the kooks are out of control.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
SNIP
Wow
There's a lot of people in this country who are mentally ill

And they are (should be) allowed to own guns, whether we like it or not.

lol. no.

some people don't deserve their rights.

I agree that people with real mental issues should not be able to own guns. The issue is how do we define mental illness? Not too long ago homosexuals were mentally ill but now they aren't. I'm not trying to go down that road in this thread but I want to point out how fluid the definitions are. If we tighten down on the mentally ill and reporting requirements (which we probably need to do) I see this going bad for vets...

Sure, the definitions are full of ambiguity and there's the potential for abuse (as with everything) but we need to sit down and figure out those issues that you brought up. Because the kooks are out of control.

I agree 100%, this isn't going away and we need to deal with it. The problem is the politicians find it easier to blame guns then deal with the real issue.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:11:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wow, listening to the young woman who was in the classroom next door.

It sounds like he just shot everyone in the classroom multiple times, police response was something in the neighborhood of 20 minutes according to her.
View Quote

20 min? I know its not a huge town with lots of LE, but that seems a bit long for a response time.

Yes, individuals perception of time can slow in panic situations
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:12:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I agree. 4chan is a disaster.  Seeing how they are celebrating in mass there is sickening.  I want to go back in time and beat up all the weirdos that I was polite to.
4chan is full of freaks, and are a great example of everything bad in society today.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I agree. 4chan is a disaster.  Seeing how they are celebrating in mass there is sickening.  I want to go back in time and beat up all the weirdos that I was polite to.
4chan is full of freaks, and are a great example of everything bad in society today.

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:12:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't feel safe on my college campus at all because of shit like this. I wish we had campus carry. RIP to the victims.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:13:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
20 min? I know its not a huge town with lots of LE, but that seems a bit long for a response time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It sounds like he just shot everyone in the classroom multiple times, police response was something in the neighborhood of 20 minutes according to her.

The dispatch recording was like 9 1/2 minutes from being dispatched to suspect down.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:13:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'll bet this shooter was on all sort of meds.  
View Quote

That kind of talk will get you killed, look at what they did to Noveske
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:13:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There was a thread a few months back about "would you use your CCW to stop a crime" with a poll.

The vast majority of of people in the thread were of the MYOB mindset and would run away from trouble without getting involved. They claimed they carry a gun to protect themselves and their family,period.

I've seen a ton of that mentality on this site. It is absolutely shameful if you ask me.

It has nothing to do with manhood sport, and EVERYTHING to do with civil and criminal liability..  I cannot very well protect and/or care for my family if I'm locked up can I?

Fuck the unwashed masses, they can provide their own protection.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#9]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lance E. Jones    ?@BoiOneDer 6 minutes ago                                        Members on @4chan are reporting that Toby Reynolds (Eggman on 4chan) is the shooter #UCCShooting #NotAnotherOne

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQQayu_UAAAnFYg.png

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn1fwrq_QO0WkzBjdIM-8uQ

Is that the fucker
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:13:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

nice!

This is a situation where probably most of us would intervene.  I lean on the side of MYOB... I'm not going to unload on some criminal trying to carjack somebody unless I'm directly threatened but some nerd with a gun running around shooting?  Damn straight I'm going to Glock him down.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:13:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Just read the full screen grab from 4Chan.

What. The. Fuck.  

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:13:59 PM EDT
[#12]
In before guns are blamed.

ETA never fucking mind. Knew I wouldn't be quick enough. What a bunch of heartless bastards.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:14:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Nope.  Typical media myth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this.  aren't they all?

Not just the media.

We have at least one particular poster here who is fixated to the point of creepy on some kind of conspiracy he believes where psychiatric meds are somehow actually being used to provoke and induce incidents like these.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:14:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

4chan is an outlet.  The freaks walk among us regardless.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:14:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

At least prescribed, he might have stopped using recently.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:14:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't feel safe on my college campus at all because of shit like this. I wish we had campus carry. RIP to the victims.
View Quote

This.

I feel even less easy that most of our Campus "policemen" are 300-350 lbs lardasses.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:14:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
In before guns are blamed.
View Quote

Already been blamed as was the NRA.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:14:48 PM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lance E. Jones    ?@BoiOneDer 6 minutes ago                                        Members on @4chan are reporting that Toby Reynolds (Eggman on 4chan) is the shooter #UCCShooting #NotAnotherOne

Sooo, he got shunned out of a 4chan forum for "being too normal"?  Okaaaaaay.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:15:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

this.  aren't they all?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this.  aren't they all?

Everyone is loaded up on meds in this country. My mom was just telling me she can't believe it, every single one of her friends and their kids are all on anti-depression meds, anti-anxiety meds, and shit like that. She rattled off a dozen names to me, she's 50, so her friends are all around 50 and their kids are in their twenties. There's probably too many people on meds, but with everyone on meds that aren't shooting up schools, I don't think you can just point at that.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:15:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

This.

I feel even less easy that most of our Campus "policemen" are 300-350 lbs lardasses.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Concealed means concealed.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:15:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Those morons are going to get rectally searched by the FBI.

I would almost feel sorry for them, save for the fact that they are cheering for a scumbag that murdered 15 people.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:15:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take out their gun and shoot him?
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:15:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Looks more like egghead than eggman.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:16:19 PM EDT
[#24]
AG confirms 13 dead, shooter dead.

Usually means 12 + shooter.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
What. The. Fuck.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

What. The. Fuck.  

I had the same reaction. Bat Shit Crazy

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:16:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The dispatch recording was like 9 1/2 minutes from being dispatched to suspect down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's about as good as it'll get folks.

Everyone should know by now that the police aren't physically capable of arriving in time to stop an active shooter from killing a bunch of people, unless they are literally on scene when it starts.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:17:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I can conceal fine but If something happens or I'm made it could cost me my future.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:17:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:18:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why do you need a gun they asked,

just call the police they said.

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:18:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure her sense of time was somewhat warped but I'd imagine it took some time from when the calls were started till dispatch sent the officers. It's been awhile since I've called 911 but it took something in the neighborhood of 5 minutes to get through to the proper 911 operator and explain the situation.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:18:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
   It has nothing to do with manhood sport, and EVERYTHING to do with civil and criminal liability..  I cannot very well protect and/or care for my family if I'm locked up can I?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:18:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Im in a tree stand right now and this us the first ive seen about this
Is it possible to give a quick run diwn on what happened or are the facts being withheld at the present time ?
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:18:24 PM EDT
[#33]
On CNN reporter stated a CCW holder was released to leave the campus in his car. Kid was carrying according the reporter.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:18:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this.  aren't they all?

Horse shit, everyone of these really bad incidents were done by guys who were batshit crazy, everyone knew it and they were on meds, or were supposed to be...that cunt Gabby Giffords shooter, the Aurora Movie Theater shooter, Newtown, and I think the asshole in NC at the church too...

I am not saying the general run of the mill perp is, but these really bad ones, seems to be pretty common...
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:18:40 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Is that the fucker
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that the fucker
Little fucking shit stain.

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:18:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I'm in the room/hall whatever with him, yes.   If not, no.   I'm getting the fuck out.   Period.   If that makes you unhappy...  I truly don't care.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:18:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

This is a situation where probably most of us would intervene.  I lean on the side of MYOB... I'm not going to unload on some criminal trying to carjack somebody unless I'm directly threatened but some nerd with a gun running around shooting?  Damn straight I'm going to Glock him down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:19:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ok you're in the next class room.

you hear gunshots next door

you man the fuck up and burst through the door

there is a dood standing there with a gun.

edit: whats your move?
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:19:05 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Looks more like egghead than eggman.
View Quote
Weird looking guy.  

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:19:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Pres. OBAMA was briefed.......so, who or what is he gonna blame this time?

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:19:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I would almost feel sorry for them, save for the fact that they are cheering for a scumbag that murdered 15 people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should never feel sorry for 4chan.

It's a pretty evil place.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:19:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Jesus Christ..

I log on to chat and I see this
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:20:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Pres. OBAMA was briefed.......so, who or what is he gonna blame this time?

Aloha, Mark
View Quote

White Christian gun owners, probably.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:20:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I don't know about that
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know about that

they also posted this

The shooter said he was a social justice warrior and was going to kill all the evil cis white men who refused to treat him as an equal.

He posted a story about how he was upset his college wasnt diverse enough, and he wanted to send a message that all the "honkie cucks" needed to make way for more big black students and middle eastern refugees.

I thought he was fucking joking. I'll post screenshots as soon as I get back to my home computer.

it will all come out in the wash i believe
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:20:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

I argue this all the time with people who know I carry and don't agree with the idea. I know California right. Anyways I always tell them when you have seconds to make a life or death decision
you can't wait minutes for a police response. If the 20 minute response time is correct I shudder to imagine what a person with an even more destructive mindset could achieve in that time given it appears no one was going to stop him. Sick very sick and sad.

Appears it was 9 1/2 minutes which is still an eternity when someone is killing people and you have to wait for the cops.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:20:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Yep. Better to be judged by 12 etc,etc.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:20:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Jesus Christ..

I log on to chat and I see this
View Quote

No shit. I was up late working, woke up at 2pm, pulled up the IPAD, and this was the very first thread I saw with no replies yet.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:20:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It does not help our argument that a good guy with a gun is required to stop a bad guy with a gun when the good guy runs the other way.  

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:21:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Has it been confirmed that the campus was a "gun free zone?"
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:21:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that the fucker

Well adjusted individual right there....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn1fwrq_QO0WkzBjdIM-8uQ/videos
Page / 98
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top