Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 6:26:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I tried getting the service twice. Both times they fucked up so royally I cancelled it. I shudder at dealing with them when there was a problem. I got some Roku boxes and am going to cut the cord next month.
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 6:27:18 PM EDT
[#2]
At&t can suck it sideways. Long story short, they screwed me out of a $300 rebate.
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 6:31:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I tried getting the service twice. Both times they fucked up so royally I cancelled it. I shudder at dealing with them when there was a problem. I got some Roku boxes and am going to cut the cord next month.

And how you gonna use those without a hardline? Teh Wi-Fis?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 6:32:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love Uverse, but when it was first installed it was nightmare.  It would only come on for about 4-10 hours during the middle day.  The main issue was finding out what was causing it.  

"OK, its the line, but where?"  

This went on for 3 weeks.  Not sure what tier of support it was at towards the end.  One of the engineers finally isolated it by shorting out the line with his multimeter.  It ended up being a loose wire a couple blocks over.  It would work when the copper heated up and expanded to make contact, but die when it cooled down again.

Cool story, bro.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I think my thumb attacked the enter key when I went for the mouse.  My post is better now.

ETA: Improved for all involved.
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 6:39:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

AT&T promised to cancel all equipment and service charges for my U-verse debacle. I just know they will screw it up and I'll get a giant bill.

THAT is a big no-shitter right there. It took me 4 months to get random charges removed until it finally charged what they said they were going to. Prepare for billing nightmares...

This.  I wasted thousands of dollars worth of their time after they double-billed me for DSL.  I called their billing department every chance I got when I was driving or waiting in airports.  They screwed me out of about $180 that I never got back, but I know I cost them many times that much money.  Maybe AT&T will eventually hire a competent business person that can do math that will understand just how much money they waste in 1-800 fees and employee time.  Several friends have worked there, and they make the good point that AT&T's management knows that every dollar they illegally bill is pure profit but that simply doesn't work long-term.z
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 6:53:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 9:12:10 PM EDT
[#7]
A tale well told.  Can't wait to see if the Red Army rallies and wins the day.
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 9:46:22 PM EDT
[#8]
The red army is gonna get butt raped by the ATT tech who won't be able to do anything but say oh boy it is not working I have to schedule another tech to come out another day.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 5:14:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 5:26:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Next time a tech shows up, NKVD blocking units should be employed to ensure a prompt and complete job is done.

Liquidate tech one way or the other, as glorious example.

Link Posted: 2/23/2012 5:33:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Good luck dealing with a telco and expecting a positive result.  Even better that you are trying with AT&T, which is about the most nazi-ish telco out there.
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 5:41:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 6:02:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Zhukov,

Check your PM.

Hopefully some help.
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 6:17:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Next time a tech shows up, NKVD blocking units should be employed to ensure a prompt and complete job is done.

I approve of this plan.  Torture him for information first, then mail pieces of him back to the shop.  Mount his head on a spike near your router as a warning to those who come after him.
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 7:48:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 8:08:44 AM EDT
[#16]
American components, Russian components - all MADE IN TAIWAN!
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 8:11:43 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

edit

You'd think the CEO of AT&T would take a personal interest in my problems?

Yeah, he gets stuff done. I know several people who have used that route with great success.

He ain't the only one.  The telco I work for has had similar issues with crappy service.  Far removed cube dwellers with no concept of dealing with a customer face to face cause more problems than they fix.

Two weeks ago we had a customer get down right and justifiably pissed off.  He called the guy at the top of the food chain and chewed ass.  Naturally that sort of shit flows downhill rapidly and landed right in my lap.  I had 3yrs worth of documents/emails stating there was congestion problem so I had my ass covered.

Within 24hrs of the flinging of poo back down the food chain we went from horrendous internet congestion over 1 very over taxed DS3 to an OC3 then 48hrs after that Gig-E.  

Now I can surf ARFCOM  at 20mb.  

That pissed off customer did us a big favor by bypassing our marginally competent management.  He got shit done.  I went to his house and thanked him personally.  I also maxed his DSL speed so he can "beta test" the new equipment.
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 9:02:12 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Glorious success, Comrades!

The armies of the proletariat once engaged in heavy battle with the fascist pig-dogs. When calling this morning to confirm the appointment for 8-12 today, the insolent swine told me the ticket had been canceled. Moving my troops into a flanking maneuver, I ordered him to call dispatch immediately lest his position be destroyed by massed Kayusha fire. He relented and told me I was back on.

The enemy relented and realized they could not defeat the glorious Soviet Army. A representative from AT&T was duly sent, who determined that the problem once again lay in the network terminal, located in the back yard of STAVKA. After sanding and wire brushing the terminals, full internet has been restored to the people's commissariat, and the technician's life was spared.

This is awesome.

Link Posted: 2/23/2012 2:35:52 PM EDT
[#19]
I rejoice in your triumph comrade.

The tech that installed our service, told me to drop the name of their competition when my "special" offer expires. He said they will extend the special rate.
Also there are specials on service, HD etc that they won't tell you about, you have to ask if there are any rate discounts available.
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 4:02:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Try dealing with Broadstripe now WOW.

My internet service goes down for reasons nobody yet has been able to explain to me.  I've had technicians out here twice and both times I'm told that my signal is poor and upon them leaving am told that my signal is stronger.  At least the second guy was brutally honest enough to admit that my signal might go to hell again in a day or two for all he knew.  They've replaced connections as it feeds into my house and now from the main line at the utility pole.  

Meanwhile, it seems that whenever I turn around my Netflix is incapable of running since my internet is either slow or the Playstation network is down taking with it my ability to log into Netflix through my tv.  Not that I'm missing a whole lot since Netflix seems to never add anything new recently worth watching.
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 4:06:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Glorious success, Comrades!

The technician lives?

We will be watching you, Field Marshal.  Do not think that battlefield exploits can absolve you of duty to the motherland.  

Perhaps we wipe out village of your birth, to remind you.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top