Link Posted: 8/21/2021 9:39:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Intelligence and ATF don’t go together.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 10:05:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oddly enough, I googled the phone # in that pic, and this popped up:

https://www.scribd.com/document/520521259/US-DIS-FLMD-6-21cv1245-NOTICE-by-Bureau-of-Alcohol-Tobacco-Firearms-and-E

Some interesting reading..... apologies to the dupe police if it's already been posted
View Quote

Hope Rare Breed is watching this.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 10:09:26 AM EDT
[#3]
It is somewhat encouraging that they learned about it from 4chan and not the dozens of pages long post on Arfcom. Maybe bureaucratic incompetence will be our greatest advantage going forward.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 10:10:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It is somewhat encouraging that they learned about it from 4chan and not the dozens of pages long post on Arfcom. Maybe bureaucratic incompetence will be our greatest advantage going forward.
View Quote

That dude was on 4chan for a whole different reason, and stumbled on it after he jizzed in his trash can.  To what, who knows.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 10:13:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Oddly enough, I googled the phone # in that pic, and this popped up:

https://www.scribd.com/document/520521259/US-DIS-FLMD-6-21cv1245-NOTICE-by-Bureau-of-Alcohol-Tobacco-Firearms-and-E

Some interesting reading..... apologies to the dupe police if it's already been posted
View Quote
Functionally, as best I can tell, the FRT is basically a single mode version of the Tac-Con with the addition of a locking bar to prevent hammer follow, which can cause unsafe out of battery ignition.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 10:15:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

You don't shit where you eat.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 10:19:03 AM EDT
[#7]
HONK HONK MUDDER FUCKER!
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 10:38:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Little to no interest in owning one of these triggers, a bump stock or a similar contrivance.
Nonetheless, the ATF can pound sand, it's not their fucking decision, and God Damn congress for abdicating that responsibility to a bunch of shitbird bureaucrats.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 2:48:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Location checks out
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can someone explain to me what a rare breed trigger does?

I watched the animation, it just looks like a normal trigger with the parts in different spots.

Edit: I think I figured it out.

So to my understanding, if you keep pressure on the trigger it will continue to fire until you let off the trigger or run out of ammo? Sounds like a machine gun to me.

Now I think people should be able to have full auto, but I don't see this going well for the people selling them.

Location checks out

I'm not sure why I'm getting dogpiled, I'm just saying how the ATF is likely to interpret it. They'll end up getting shut down.

I never said I agree with it, just that you are being dense if you think they won't use similar language when classifying it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 3:28:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Functionally, as best I can tell, the FRT is basically a single mode version of the Tac-Con with the addition of a locking bar to prevent hammer follow, which can cause unsafe out of battery ignition.
View Quote

From watching and reading best I can find supposedly the difference is on the 3MR if you keep constant pressure on the trigger it will not come of the disconnector.
the forward push is not enough to completely reset the trigger without a brief release. Supposedly you must actually release the trigger for the disconnector to completely disengage. After watching videos of people using it I could see no advantage to it at all.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 1:59:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Little to no interest in owning one of these triggers, a bump stock or a similar contrivance.
Nonetheless, the ATF can pound sand, it's not their fucking decision, and God Damn congress for abdicating that responsibility to a bunch of shitbird bureaucrats.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Rule of Thumb, if the Government does not want you to buy/own X, you should be buying at least 5 Xs in cash, FTF.

Quoted:

Hope Rare Breed is watching this.

Gonna email them this email.

Quoted:

Its the ATF, Federals are not known for working hard, which is a benefit to us. Frankly I would pay them twice as much to do nothing, cheaper in the long run for us.

Quoted:

You don't shit where you eat.

Its the ATF, they ruin everything they touch.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 3:31:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It sounds like a machine gun, but it's not because it does this,

https://i.imgur.com/Sevny52.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I watched the animation, it just looks like a normal trigger with the parts in different spots.

So to my understanding, if you keep pressure on the trigger it will continue to fire until you let off the trigger or run out of ammo? Sounds like a machine gun to me.

Now I think people should be able to have full auto, but I don't see this going well for the people selling them.
It sounds like a machine gun, but it's not because it does this,

https://i.imgur.com/Sevny52.gif

Does that look oddly erotic to anyone else?
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 7:36:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Seems their Intelligence group should be spending more time looking for felons and gangs possessing firearms, folks running guns, and prohibited persons that attempt to buy firearms. You know, real investigative work.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 9:23:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Seems their Intelligence group should be spending more time looking for felons and gangs possessing firearms, folks running guns, and prohibited persons that attempt to buy firearms. You know, real investigative work.
View Quote

First you make more of them then it is easier for you to catch them.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 9:51:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Any truth to the atf sending a letter with the “law” but actually changed the wording to fit the narrative?
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 9:57:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's reassuring to know that our government overlords use creditable sources such as 4chan when interpreting the law
View Quote

The government takes very seriously what goes on at 4Chan.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 10:59:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Any truth to the atf sending a letter with the "law" but actually changed the wording to fit the narrative?
View Quote
The law is "one shot per function of the trigger". AFT has been manipulating the law with "one shot per pull of the trigger".

Semi auto trigger - pull(trigger function) = bang. release(trigger function) = reset. repeat.
Binary trigger - pull(trigger function) = bang and reset. release(trigger function) = bang and reset. repeat.
FRT - pull(trigger function) = bang. Mechanical action(trigger function) = reset. repeat.
MG - pull(trigger function) = bang. HOLD(NO trigger function) bang, bang bang...... release(trigger function) = reset. repeat.

AFT - The shooter only pulls the trigger once. The FRT resets the trigger, not the shooter, the shooter holds\continues the initial pull.

It changes the significance of "function of the trigger" to "action of the shooter"  It removes the distinction between semi and auto. Bump fire - Recoil allows the trigger to reset, not the shooter.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 11:00:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Rob moans when he wipes his ass.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 11:05:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Wait, you mean the ATF lied?! Holy Dog Shit!

These Jack Booted fucks are digging themselves deeper and deeper and just refuse to stop, I hope the judge buries them
View Quote

It's been pretty well established that ATF had not actually evaluated the FRT-15 before declaring it an MG; Kevin Maxwell called their bluff on it in his reply to the cease and desist letter.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 11:12:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'm not sure why I'm getting dogpiled, I'm just saying how the ATF is likely to interpret it. They'll end up getting shut down.

I never said I agree with it, just that you are being dense if you think they won't use similar language when classifying it.
View Quote

The AFT wants one thing, but to the letter of the law, it’s not a machine gun.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 11:29:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It's been pretty well established that ATF had not actually evaluated the FRT-15 before declaring it an MG; Kevin Maxwell called their bluff on it in his reply to the cease and desist letter.
View Quote
ATF had physical posession of the rare breed trigger for examination on June 4th 2021.
ATF Technical Examination of the FRT-15 Trigger

Link Posted: 8/22/2021 11:41:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
ATF had physical posession of the rare breed trigger for examination on June 4th 2021.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juSH1fwfjVA
View Quote

And yet when pressed to provide their evaluation on July 25th, they were unable to do so.

These two things are not mutually exclusive, though it is possible the field agent was incredibly lazy and thought he could issue a cease and desist without any actual substantiation.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 11:49:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That dude was on 4chan for a whole different reason, and stumbled on it after he jizzed in his trash can.  To what, who knows.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everyone knows Homer buckets are the preferred receptacle under your government issued desk for semen.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 11:52:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chevron Deference needs to be overturned for anything involving criminal charges.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 12:08:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

And yet when pressed to provide their evaluation on July 25th, they were unable to do so.

These two things are not mutually exclusive, though it is possible the field agent was incredibly lazy and thought he could issue a cease and desist without any actual substantiation.
View Quote

That's exactly what happened but it wasn't just a field agent. It was the head of the Tampa office.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 12:33:42 PM EDT
[#26]

Can someone post the document where that snippet comes from? I found a reference on a site that pulls stuff from PACER, but couldn't read without signing up for their paid service.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 12:35:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Intelligence and ATF don’t go together.
View Quote

It's not supposed to. Political agendas
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 12:40:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

No. It won't. Government is never wrong, especially when it is wrong. It will do what it wants and tie up the opposition with loose interpretation, negligence, claiming incompetence as a right and if need be, physical and 'legal' violation. The line has been crossed. They love line crossing.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 12:50:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/241013/E38CDDE7-CFF7-4341-95F0-C0162455E161_png-2061783.JPG
View Quote

What the hell are they looking at?
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 3:34:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

In clown world it is difficult to tell sarcasm from reality.
View Quote

You are correct and I agree 100%.

Link Posted: 8/22/2021 3:47:37 PM EDT
[#31]
For all the folks who think half of the posters on GD are actually ATF agents. . . . .

Turns out they actually get their gun information on /k
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 3:59:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
For all the folks who think half of the posters on GD are actually ATF agents. . . . .

View Quote

At least/k/ommandos actually shoot their guns.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 4:14:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The law is "one shot per function of the trigger". AFT has been manipulating the law with "one shot per pull of the trigger".

Semi auto trigger - pull(trigger function) = bang. release(trigger function) = reset. repeat.
Binary trigger - pull(trigger function) = bang and reset. release(trigger function) = bang and reset. repeat.
FRT - pull(trigger function) = bang. Mechanical action(trigger function) = reset. repeat.
MG - pull(trigger function) = bang. HOLD(NO trigger function) bang, bang bang...... release(trigger function) = reset. repeat.

AFT - The shooter only pulls the trigger once. The FRT resets the trigger, not the shooter, the shooter holds\continues the initial pull.

It changes the significance of "function of the trigger" to "action of the shooter"  It removes the distinction between semi and auto. Bump fire - Recoil allows the trigger to reset, not the shooter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any truth to the atf sending a letter with the "law" but actually changed the wording to fit the narrative?

But bump fire requires you to push the firearm forward to re-engage the trigger.  

The fact that there was a spring to automatically move the receiver and re-engage the trigger  is what originally caused the Atkins Accelerator to be ruled a machine gun.

I think they are using the same logic in that there is an internal device causing the trigger to reset.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 6:28:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Location checks out

By the legal definition, the FRT is not a machine gun. It’s basically triggerslap, or forced bumpfiring.

Their interpretation is going to require some strange mental gymnastics.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

By the legal definition, the FRT is not a machine gun. It’s basically triggerslap, or forced bumpfiring.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Location checks out

I need to go dig that shitty Tapco trigger kit out of my junk drawer and sell it for $495.95.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 1:18:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Quoted:

First you make more of them then it is easier for you to catch them.
View Quote

Its easier and safer for them to turn innocent people who will try and fight within the courts to protect the life they built for themselves rather then take on criminals who will plug them with zero fucks to give.

The ATF are the most cowardly fucks of the cowardly fuck Federal Government. Take away their tactic of home invasion and what do they have? Not much else, you take away dirty tactics of a bully and all you have is a coward.
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/241013/E38CDDE7-CFF7-4341-95F0-C0162455E161_png-2061783.JPG
View Quote

Just remember this photo when you hear people ask how we lost Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 1:37:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

What the hell are they looking at?
View Quote

Posts from Pol that they downloaded, printed out, cut out, glued to a massive board, and then studied them...These retards do not know they could just take a screenshot and then put it into a power point format.

They wasted time and tax dollar funds to study shitposting on Pol, and they wonder why we hate the brass, worthless cocksuckers to a man.

Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, people do insane shit there, from the anon who found a hand grenade and microwaved it,
Top 5 Disturbing 4chan Events - GFM

to a guy who found a live chemical shell on his farm (lived in France?) and got gassed,

to a guy who tried to make his own nerve gas and likely died

K is Autism squared, its a awesome place!
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 2:24:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

But bump fire requires you to push the firearm forward to re-engage the trigger.  

The fact that there was a spring to automatically move the receiver and re-engage the trigger  is what originally caused the Atkins Accelerator to be ruled a machine gun.

I think they are using the same logic in that there is an internal device causing the trigger to reset.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bumpfire\stock is the same as FRT - pull(trigger function) = bang. Mechanical action(trigger function) = reset. repeat.

The trigger is pushed back, it fires. Firearm recoils\moves back, off your stationary finger, recoil spring resets trigger.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 3:34:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Location checks out

My first AK47 was a century AK with horrible trigger slap. I could bump that bitch like a motherfucker. Was painful to shoot normally.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 12:53:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

My first AK47 was a century AK with horrible trigger slap. I could bump that bitch like a motherfucker. Was painful to shoot normally.
View Quote

Century arms I assume?
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 1:02:08 AM EDT
[#41]
In case people were wondering who the idiots asking stupid machine gun/trigger "not today mr atf man" type questions here are.

Link Posted: 8/27/2021 1:09:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Century arms I assume?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Century arms I assume?

Link Posted: 8/27/2021 1:15:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Join date, post count, location

Not a machine gun, scro
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 1:23:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Not a machine gun.

I work for UPS. They are extremely popular and still being delivered. A few guys buy multiples but many have one.

Hold the line. FATF.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 3:28:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Not a machine gun.

I work for UPS. They are extremely popular and still being delivered. A few guys buy multiples but many have one.

Hold the line. FATF.
View Quote

I like how you know the sending address well enough not notice, PS badass they are still be ordered, if I had the bread to throw down I would order one.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 10:53:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I like how you know the sending address well enough not notice, PS badass they are still be ordered, if I had the bread to throw down I would order one.
View Quote

That's why I had mine trans-shipped through Bob's House of Sex Toys first.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 11:02:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It's reassuring to know that our government overlords use creditable sources such as 4chan when interpreting the law
View Quote

Hey man, the piss dossier was totally real.
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 12:04:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That's why I had mine trans-shipped through Bob's House of Sex Toys first.
View Quote

What is this "trans-shipped" thing?

@Marquar
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 12:10:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To be honest, 4chan has a better track record then the MSM, but its K, you have retards starting forest fires because they filled up shotgun rounds with homemade Napalm with magnesium shavings and tried to hunt squirrels with them.

If you think I am joking google 4chan K magical place I swear to god I am not joking.

Anon called the "Fuck your shit" rounds.
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 6:48:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Attachment Attached File

the ATF determined the FRT-15 was a machinegun by attaching a zip tie
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flmd.392523/gov.uscourts.flmd.392523.32.0.pdf
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top