Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:52:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:53:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Long course of prednisone?
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 1:55:47 PM EDT
[#3]
One week of prednisone then tapering for another week. The prednisone makes me very anxious and quasi paranoid. Thankfully they gave me some anxiety drugs too.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 1:57:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That sucks - hope you get better soon, fella.

how long before the symptoms start to decrease without the need for a coctail of drugs?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well I had to go back to the ER because my symptoms came back again. They gave me the whole IV cocktail again and sent me home with a ton of pills. Now pretty much all I do is sleep.  Worst week ever.

how long before the symptoms start to decrease without the need for a coctail of drugs?

Not sure the original injection in my knee was the strongest standard dose they can give. I feel very out of it still. Benadryl has helped keep me from not breathing but I've slept most of the days away since Wednesday. Ironically my knee feels great.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 1:59:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Not sure the original injection in my knee was the strongest standard dose they can give. I feel very out of it still. Benadryl has helped keep me from not breathing but I've slept most of the days away since Wednesday. Ironically my knee feels great.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I had to go back to the ER because my symptoms came back again. They gave me the whole IV cocktail again and sent me home with a ton of pills. Now pretty much all I do is sleep.  Worst week ever.

You remember when you were a kid, and you stubbed your toe. You cried, so someone would offer to break a finger so you would forget about the toe?

I think that's what your ortho did to you.

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 2:06:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
One week of prednisone then tapering for another week. The prednisone makes me very anxious and quasi paranoid. Thankfully they gave me some anxiety drugs too.
View Quote

I was on a three week course of predisone for shingles. Worst three weeks ever. All I did was lay around, feel depressed and gain weight.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 2:18:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
need picture of your swollen head
View Quote

Queer
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 2:28:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Good luck Elijah.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 3:22:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Queer
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
need picture of your swollen head

Queer

I have very thin facial features, and my eyes were open as far as I could get them...

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:26:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Update: I am allergic to prentisone  too.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:30:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote
One more drug allergy and you've hit the Trifecta.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:47:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I already feel like I am dying. The half life of the original injection is 5 days so I bet it's gonna be a while before I feel good. Trying to work today but its really hard when your pulse is crazy high and hard to breath. But I got kids that need to eat.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:51:10 AM EDT
[#13]
take it easy.  people die on prednisone.  You are in my prayers....  Did anyone call dibs on guns yet?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:45:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
take it easy.  people die on prednisone.  You are in my prayers....  Did anyone call dibs on guns yet?
View Quote

They took me off prednisone it made my heart go into v-tac.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:17:32 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Seriously? Did you have to be cardioverted?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:31:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Via drugs no shocking required.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:33:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eating Benadryl like M&Ms to keep the reaction from coming back. Have to work because my family needs to eat. All of my sick time went to my knee surgeries.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:38:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hope you start feeling better.  Prednisone kills me and not in a good way.  Moody, body aches', paranoid etc.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:39:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Eating Benadryl like M&Ms to keep the reaction from coming back. Have to work because my family needs to eat. All of my sick time went to my knee surgeries.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, take it easy at work.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:41:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Said a prayer for you.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:42:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Trying to keep as busy as I can without elevating my HR.  I can't wait until 4:30 when I can crawl into bed and sleep for 13 hours.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:42:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Said a prayer for you.
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:50:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Holy cow, dude!    Get well soon.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:57:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Apparently there is nothing they can do to get the med out of my body. It just has to dissolve on its own.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:34:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Prayers!
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 3:41:57 AM EDT
[#26]
I am still exhausted and worn down but to a lesser degree today. My chest still hurts but I feel like I can take a full breath. Maybe tomorrow will be even better!
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 3:59:05 AM EDT
[#27]
One day at a time!
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:07:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
One day at a time!
View Quote

Working is a little easier today. I still feel kind of out of it though. I am guessing that feeling is going to last until the anti-histamines are out of my system.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:38:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Holy crap, maybe next time stay away from doctors and deal with some knee pain.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:41:52 AM EDT
[#30]
God speed on a complete recovery.  The entire thing is full of medical WTF?

BTW, the doctors gave the wrong medication to my cousin.  It destroyed his kidneys.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:50:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
God speed on a complete recovery.  The entire thing is full of medical WTF?

BTW, the doctors gave the wrong medication to my cousin.  It destroyed his kidneys.
View Quote

Was he in a hospital?  If so, then the doctor, the pharmacist, and the nurse all gave him the wrong medicine.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:57:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Long course of prednisone?
View Quote

If I take that I will die

Took it once and I had full body cramps and my heart beat was really jacked up. not fun at all

ETA: That was only one pill, dont remember the dose
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:05:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I just got a cortisone shot in my knee. They used a different type this time. I had it about an hour or so ago, but now am feeling SOB and my glands in my neck are tender.  Is this normal?

Guns are at the bottom of lake James, and my wife is mean. So no dibs.
View Quote

First, second, or third basin???

Hope everything is going well, hang in there!
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:13:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Are you really a physician?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FINALLY SOMETHING I CAN HELP WITH!!!!

Sounds like your body is processing the cortisone as if it were an infection and directing the steroids to your lymph nodes. This should not be a problem and may be how that individual steroid works (Every one is different). If they pain from your arthritis (generally what I would give cortisone for) is gone, then mission accomplished. Give it a few days for your lymph nodes to process everything.

It could also be that you are about to get sick as an unrelated event. The lymphatic system deals with blood infections by bringing them to the lymph nodes where the infection can be dealt with and processed.

I hope this helps! IM me if there are any farther issues!

EDIT:

I just read more of the post! That sounds like an anaphylactic reaction! ER time now. In the mean time, get benadryl in your system and call 911. At the hospital they will give you Epinephrine and lots of saline so I hope you are used to needles!

Are you really a physician?

That's exactly what I'm wondering...
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 12:42:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Holy crap, maybe next time stay away from doctors and deal with some knee pain.

View Quote

All I initially wanted them to do at the doctors (ortho) was to drain my knee. They took 90cc of fluid out. I had ACL,MCL, oblique reconstruction in April. And was still having swelling. This PA that drained it was the a hole that put the steroid in(original reaction). Then the ER doc gave me the prentisone.  Which again almost killed me.

Actually feel fairly decent today as long as I keep up on the Benadryl, working a double to try and make up some hours. I think I'll sleep well tonight.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top