BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 4:40:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it painting an interesting picture of how our politics work now?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, but the fact that she's in the video basically admitting that this is how she was recruited to run.  THey were looking for candidates that checked the right boxes: POC, female, etc.

Never heard of anything like this.  I guess I always assumed that people decided to run and raised capital to fund their candidacy, or had rich donors to get them started.  The fact that it was basically a contest and the winner gets to run for congress is what's odd to me.
Is it painting an interesting picture of how our politics work now?
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 4:43:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
87% of GD hoped you meant the casting couch.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 4:55:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This isn’t news or even new. The fake media outrage over “Trump hating women” wasn’t a coincidence. The DNC had programs setup across major cities looking for women candidates to “help”. It wasn’t even hidden. They ran PR news stories on it in 2017. It’s not a coincidence that a shit ton of young, vocal, and sometimes attractive people popped up out of nowhere this past election. They also know that vast majority of people are ignorant and vain, and so they vote based off of identity politics.
View Quote
I was watching Seven last evening and that reminds me of the pretty woman that could choose life disfigured or death by pills. She was so vain that she chose death.

I know....What's in the fucking box.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 5:07:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I've said from the beginning that she was someone's puppet.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 5:10:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
At least a couple of the Spice Girls had talent.
View Quote
...you must be joking.

But I guess getting a guy to impregnate you is technically a skill. That means Mel B and the other English one are very talented on how to trap rich guys.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 5:13:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yes, but the fact that she's in the video basically admitting that this is how she was recruited to run.  THey were looking for candidates that checked the right boxes: POC, female, etc.

Never heard of anything like this.  I guess I always assumed that people decided to run and raised capital to fund their candidacy, or had rich donors to get them started.  The fact that it was basically a contest and the winner gets to run for congress is what's odd to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think calling that a casting call is a stretch.  Politically motivated people with funding from like minded people sought out and found through a nomination and selection process people who agreed with them and who they felt could win an election.  That is not a casting call.  That is political activism.  If the right could get that active and seek out some freedom loving constitutionally educated people who were electable... it would be a good thing for us.  
Quoted:
Well we all knew that AOC and her freshman jackasses didn't get in their respective positions by themselves.  They're all a bunch of post turtles.

It's not a terrible idea, there just aren't any conservatives/rightists that I would trust to do the contest without fucking it up. Imagine Bill Kristol trying to do it, or Glenn Beck?

[Shudder]

Maybe let Kurt Schlicter and James Woods do it?
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 5:16:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Im pretty Sure you could bet AOC was a HO
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 5:50:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I came for nudes
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 5:58:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
We really are a bit too predictable...
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 6:03:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Im pretty Sure you could bet AOC was a HO
View Quote
This!  Bartender and a HO
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 6:42:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 7:05:03 PM EDT
[#12]
For later
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 7:12:54 PM EDT
[#13]
It really does explain a lot.  These people are not smart enough to
start and run a campaign on their own.

It is now proven that it is possible to win with an experienced organization
backing a puppet candidate.

Politics is going to change radically if it cannot be countered.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 12:04:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Some guys are born for broadcast.

That dude ain't one of them. Cliff notes? Cause I'm not watching that shit.
View Quote
I stopped, boring presentation
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 12:07:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
I saw casting couch in the title.   I cant imagine what she looks like naked. Ball gag her listening to her talk will give anyone an STD.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 12:08:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
I saw casting couch in the title.   I cant imagine what she looks like naked. Ball gag her because listening to her talk will give anyone an STD.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 1:10:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I think calling that a casting call is a stretch.  Politically motivated people with funding from like minded people sought out and found through a nomination and selection process people who agreed with them and who they felt could win an election.  That is not a casting call.  That is political activism.  If the right could get that active and seek out some freedom loving constitutionally educated people who were electable... it would be a good thing for us.  
View Quote
Yes! “Please clap”
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 1:17:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lol, what else do you call it when you get a bunch of people to audition for roles?

It absolutely is a casting call.

These politicians are puppets, just like any Hollywood actor.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 2:14:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

@BMWBIKR

@NinerMaine is correct.  That is exactly what we did locally.

1) Organize

2) Identify members that are constitutional conservatives

3) Support their run for municipal office

4) If they stick to their roots, run them for state office

Yes, it's boring, frustrating, tedious work.  No, there is nothing sexy about it.  But it works.  There is no high that compares to getting someone elected.  Think of the night Trump won.

If every constitutional conservative Arfcommer did this locally, it would bear fruit.

I know, I know, it requires getting off your ass.
View Quote
No, this is different.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 2:17:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Lol, what else do you call it when you get a bunch of people to audition for roles?

It absolutely is a casting call.

These politicians are puppets, just like any Hollywood actor.
View Quote
Yes, and it is about finding talent with superficial appeal to run. The old way was to work your way up in local government. You had some basic skills by that process.

It makes sense, however. Obama was a candidate with superficial appeal. While Obama did not rise the same way, his success showed that it was possible.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:06:50 AM EDT
[#21]
So, why isn't the right doing this as well?
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:27:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
America has no real right wing party, only commies and controlled opposition.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:42:36 AM EDT
[#23]
People called me crazy when I asked who her sugardaddy is. She didn't rocket to stardom organically, she's someones ho.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:43:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Being anything else is racist.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 5:16:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
THE BRAINS BEHIND OCASIO-CORTEZ IS HER CHIEF OF STAFF SAIKAT CHAKRABARTI
View Quote
That name don't sound very 'Murican to me...

Following Debbie Was-a-man Schnitz's Paki IT guy path?
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 5:50:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Did someone say Spice Girl?

Spice Girls - Wannabe (Official Music Video)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top