Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:14:43 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Prices are about to drop late next month when people start filling their home heating oil tank.

If the President sells the Heating oil to England as he did a few years ago, it will lower that price since this will open up the refineries storage tanks.

The crude oil price hikes are caused not by the oil companies but by the day traders playing on peoples fears.. Some buy short while others buy long knowing that people are fools.. The last ones buying in next month will be the real losers.

Right now these fears are being driven by the left. Its all part of the plan to screw the republicans. Unfortunenately the republicansare afraid to make waves and force the issues concerning the lack of refineries. If they had any balls they would screw the left and build the refineries and drill wells even in Washington DC and even at every state house across the land.

Oil is everywhere in this country, but the biggest bitch is what it naturally has mixed in. These items can be removed, but its just an excused not to drill.

So...I got some intelligence that BEGS drilling! I can hook ou up with an interest. How much are you willing to 'invest'? Need some tax relief?

WE can drill some production in this country...but it will take some TAX relief!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:37:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Prices are about to drop late next month when people start filling their home heating oil tank.

If the President sells the Heating oil to England as he did a few years ago, it will lower that price since this will open up the refineries storage tanks.

The crude oil price hikes are caused not by the oil companies but by the day traders playing on peoples fears.. Some buy short while others buy long knowing that people are fools.. The last ones buying in next month will be the real losers.

Right now these fears are being driven by the left. Its all part of the plan to screw the republicans. Unfortunenately the republicansare afraid to make waves and force the issues concerning the lack of refineries. If they had any balls they would screw the left and build the refineries and drill wells even in Washington DC and even at every state house across the land.

Oil is everywhere in this country, but the biggest bitch is what it naturally has mixed in. These items can be removed, but its just an excused not to drill.

So...I got some intelligence that BEGS drilling! I can hook ou up with an interest. How much are you willing to 'invest'? Need some tax relief?

WE can drill some production in this country...but it will take some TAX relief!

It was brought up two weeks ago to have Bush do a Reagan and use the power of a Presidential order to temporary remove the federal gas tax on gas.. Unfortunenately back then the states did not remove there own tax.

Its up to GWB to do it, and I have my doubts that he will otherwise he would have already.

As far as the cowards of congress, dont hold your breath.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:29:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The problem is supply and demand. We are now on the receiving end of years of enviromental controls, governmental regulatory oversight, and the NIMBY (not in my back yard) anti-drilling attitudes. It is a very complex problem that a stupid boycott will have no effect on.

The problem is NOT supply and demand when it comes to oil. Freaking futures traders are pushing prices up due to speculation. If there's a hurricane somewhere in the world that MAY come withing striking distance of a refinery, the price goes up, even though there is no increase in demand.  They are artificially tying gasoline refinery problems to oil prices. If there's a refinery problem somewhere, the price of oil goes up. This is Big Oil Gouge #1.

Supply and demand dictates that the price of oil would go DOWN as less oil is needed if the refinery is producing less gas. Gas prices go up because of tighter supply. However, they go up even more immediately. The excuse? Oil prices went up. Even though it's for oil delivery 2 months down the road! That's Big Oil Gouge #2.

If oil prices surge $10 in one day, gas prices go through the roof THAT day. But if oil prices drop $10 in one day, it takes weeks for the price to go back down!. Big Oil Gouge #3

It's a never ending cycle. I see no fix except stopping futures trading of oil, mandating higher MPG standards for SUVs and heavy regulation of the oil industry.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:41:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You want lower gas prices??

Here

www.flashextension.net/peakoil/3.082605B1L_sm.jpg

Everyone I know with horses will attest to the fact that boarding (if you have no stable at home), and feeding a equine transportation unit (horse) will far out strip the equivalent biggest, fuel guzzlingest vehicle on the road.

Not really an option.

Now, if I lived in Japan, I would spend about $0 on gasoline, as their public transportation system just plain works.

Geoff
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:55:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I see no fix except stopping futures trading of oil, mandating higher MPG standards for SUVs and heavy regulation of the oil industry.

Wrong three times.

You need to take an economics class.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:23:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd bet dollars to donuts that if the government started to ration gas, say 20 gallons a week per person, that people would drive more fuel efficent cars and trucks.  It's just plain wasteful for a single person to sit their butt in a large SUV that get's 10 mpg.  I think people in this country have had it too good and too easy for way too long.  We've got so much here that we think we can just waste things without thinking about the future and that's just plain wrong.  
 Plastics use oil to produce, that's true, but you can recycle plastics too so you've only got to produce them once.  
 Greed and selfishness is a big problem here, once we get over that and understand that there is more to live then just "me" all the time then we'll start to do something to make things better.  Until then we're screwed.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:28:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'd bet dollars to donuts that if the government started to ration gas, say 20 gallons a week per person, that people would drive more fuel efficent cars and trucks.  It's just plain wasteful for a single person to sit their butt in a large SUV that get's 10 mpg.  I think people in this country have had it too good and too easy for way too long.  

Great post, Comrade.

Now for a rousing course of the Communist National Anthem!

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:36:36 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'd bet dollars to donuts that if the government started to ration gas, say 20 gallons a week per person, that people would drive more fuel efficent cars and trucks.  It's just plain wasteful for a single person to sit their butt in a large SUV that get's 10 mpg.  I think people in this country have had it too good and too easy for way too long.  

Great post, Comrade.

Now for a rousing course of the Communist National Anthem!

As a Christian, you more then anyone else, know that you're suppose to be a "good stewart" of the things that God has put here on this earth for you to use.  To drive a car or truck that get's crappy gas mileage all alone is just plain bad stewartship of the resources that God has given you.   If you're haulin' 6 people back and forth in a car pool in your SUV then it makes sence but to waste that much gas for one person just isn't right and you know it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:54:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'd bet dollars to donuts that if the government started to ration gas, say 20 gallons a week per person, that people would drive more fuel efficent cars and trucks.  It's just plain wasteful for a single person to sit their butt in a large SUV that get's 10 mpg.  I think people in this country have had it too good and too easy for way too long.  We've got so much here that we think we can just waste things without thinking about the future and that's just plain wrong.  
 Plastics use oil to produce, that's true, but you can recycle plastics too so you've only got to produce them once.  
 Greed and selfishness is a big problem here, once we get over that and understand that there is more to live then just "me" all the time then we'll start to do something to make things better.  Until then we're screwed.

You really think that if everybody had a yugo that gas prices would be much lower. What about the people that need a truck or suv to haul stuff around. I use my truck as a daily commuter, but every weekend the bed has something in it. I sure as hell can't afford two vehicles. STFU
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:02:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You really think that if everybody had a yugo that gas prices would be much lower. What about the people that need a truck or suv to haul stuff around. I use my truck as a daily commuter, but every weekend the bed has something in it. I sure as hell can't afford two vehicles. STFU

Even if prices stayed the same you'd spend less because of better fuel mileage.  As for your "problem", I'd bet that a V6 would work for ya' just as well as a V8 does with proper gearing.   When gas hits $5 bucks a gallon and you can't afford to drive anymore but I can then it'll be you who'll STFU.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top