View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you don't have the GOA tax forms?
Nice eagle you got there.

What's your point
My guess is his point is that we wouldn't have to deal with all this antigun bullshit that the Federal and State legislatures have shoved down our throats all these years if the NRA wasn't run by corrupt thieves.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 11:58:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I’m in the wrong line of work
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 12:02:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
In before SWIRE.
View Quote
Lol.

In.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 12:12:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Not happy about this, but am glad to see more folks digging into form 990s. Some of these "non-profit" organizations are doing a lot of shady shit.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 12:16:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If the NRA is the swamp, I want it exposed.

Tag
View Quote
If?

Link Posted: 12/30/2018 12:18:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

My guess is his point is that we wouldn't have to deal with all this antigun bullshit that the Federal and State legislatures have shoved down our throats all these years if the NRA wasn't run by corrupt thieves.
View Quote
If the NRA wasn't so good at fundraising, the antigun leftist wouldn't be successful
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 12:22:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The NRA is a money fleecing operation ? I’m shocked
View Quote
First post and all that
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 12:25:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Nice eagle you got there.

View Quote
so you dont really care who is scamming you? filing a lawsuit is a worthless gesture.  a track record of winning them matters.

i can file a lawsuit this week.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 12:28:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If the NRA wasn't so good at fundraising, the antigun leftist wouldn't be successful
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm glad we agree.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 1:03:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Think how many gun freedoms were gonna have once these guys get the NRA burned to the ground!  Its gonna be awesomely awesome awesomeness and freedom!

I mean that Larry guy down at GOA is pretty mad and stuff.

Shit, ya know?  Its like during the 2016 primaries when we had a candidate who called the other candidates Turdly McStinkbreath?  I knew that guy was a statesman, so why not pin all our gun freedom hopes on Angry Larry?  Shit, he's been around for 40 years and never won a fight but he says he mad, yo.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 1:03:57 PM EDT
[#11]
My guess is he seeks donations and keeps a percentage as a commission.  Or he can be providing consulting services which pay $75 to $250+/hr on average depending on the organization size.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 1:12:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Never got a dime from me and never will
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 1:14:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 1:21:02 PM EDT
[#14]
a life member of the NRA , and will remain so.

The NRA has done some great things, including getting behind Trump before anyone else.( Gorsich, Kavanaugh, done)

But not enough, and not lately.

It is past time for a major housecleaning.

LaPierre needs to be shown the door, along with his cronies.

New blood is needed.

Join, become a voting member, recruit like minded people, vote, and fill the board with Supermoose, Nolo and those like them.

Revolution is best done from within.

Let’s take our NRA BACK.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 1:23:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/61196/GFZ_Quasi_jpg-789889_JPG_jpg-789925.JPG

It is ridiculous that having your life ruined over a squirrel is a genuine threat.
View Quote
That is one of the gayest things I've seen lately, and I wish anal cancer on anyone that perpetuates bullshit like that.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 1:27:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The NRA has done some great things, including getting behind Trump before anyone else.( Gorsich, Kavanaugh, done)

New blood is needed.

Join, become a voting member, recruit like minded people, vote, and fill the board with Supermoose, Nolo and those like them.

Let’s take our NRA BACK.
View Quote
I concur.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 1:31:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Small world, one of my Dad's neighbors moved down the road from that guy just a few houses down.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 1:38:37 PM EDT
[#18]
You should see the threads in staff forums dealing with the NRA "bashing". (I wish I could)

Prediction: Future threads disrespecting the NRA will be locked and trashed by order of site staff, no consideration given the factual content.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 1:41:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

New blood is needed.

Let’s take our NRA BACK.
View Quote
Are you seriously advocating giving more money to these fucking people? "Hey, lets beat them at a game they control the rules to by paying them more"

Are you retarded?

Burn it. I want all the gun laws, dont give a fuck. Maybe once that happens the shooting can start and we can be done with it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 1:41:57 PM EDT
[#20]
It's sad that you can't have an honest discussion about the good and bad of NRA or other organizations.  It has to be "all good" or "all bad" with you guys.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 1:43:30 PM EDT
[#21]
I’m glad to see the 990’s being dug into. NRA is the swamp.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 1:44:18 PM EDT
[#22]
I think the NRA and now the NRA Foundation needs to be out under a microscope. In fact everything needs to be out under a microscpe, because at this point so much looks unsavory or worse.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 1:47:04 PM EDT
[#23]
All we have is a vote. We need someone to help expose who to vote out.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 1:51:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My guess is he seeks donations and keeps a percentage as a commission.  Or he can be providing consulting services which pay $75 to $250+/hr on average depending on the organization size.
View Quote
They attribute ZERO INCOME to his advice.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 2:04:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 2:07:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You should see the threads in staff forums dealing with the NRA "bashing". (I wish I could)

Prediction: Future threads disrespecting the NRA will be locked and trashed by order of site staff, no consideration given the factual content.
View Quote
We already know they line up to suck it straight from the hose.

They dont even wipe their chins off when they're done.

Let them, more people will quit throwing money down the drain to "support the site."

I quit paying after a face to face conversation I had with a certain person in a position to know with the ar15.com company I will not name a few months after sandy hook. After a couple of the yankee AWB's passed there were people being banned and posts removed from the EE so the soon to be ban state FFL buddies of certain members of leadership could buy preban goodies for later resale without competition from lowly peasants in those same ban states.

Then we had them lining up to gaslight and defend Steve Troy and his hiring practices. That was the final straw for me.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 2:07:54 PM EDT
[#28]
The more and more I see of this crap, the more I think that .gov is aware and is using it

to suborn the NRA senior leadership to play ball.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 2:09:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 2:11:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Paging

@Miami_JBT
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 2:12:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Man that sucks next you're gonna tell me that a lot of that money donated to goodwill just lines the pockets of executives.

Its a known known. Which sucks. Non profits are a great way to get money. My sister in law just started one and it seems like it would be extremely easy to make money off it if that's your intention.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 2:13:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 2:15:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Oh let's hear this story. Were the tinman and the cowardly lion with you!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let them, more people will quit throwing money down the drain to "support the site."

I quit paying after a face to face conversation I had with a certain person in a position with the ar15.com company I will not name a few months after sandy hook. After a couple of the yankee AWB's passed there were people being banned and posts removed from the EE so the soon to be ban state FFL buddies of certain members of leadership could buy preban goodies for later resale without competition from lowly peasants in those same ban states.

Then we had them lining up to gaslight and defend Steve Troy and his hiring practices. That was the final straw for me.
Oh let's hear this story. Were the tinman and the cowardly lion with you!
Which story, the one told to me in confidence? I know you are a NY lawyer so you have absolutely no morals whatsoever, but surely you can not be that stupid.

Or how about you personally jumping to the defense of not just Troy, but Dale Monroe himself, saying he didn't testify to congress that he too would have taken the same shot Lon did?
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 2:22:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 2:23:23 PM EDT
[#35]
I feel like all the money issues discussed the last few weeks here are just the tip of the ice berg
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 2:27:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
That seems pretty damn shady too me.
View Quote
The NRA is shady and corrupt as hell.

Congress might actually be a cleaner and better run organization.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 2:28:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 2:29:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Come on down!

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Tbelec-come-on-down-and-defend-this-fake-story-about-arfcom/130-2180033

edit Dale Monroe definitely said that, I listened to it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which story, the one told to me in confidence? I know you are a NY lawyer so you have absolutely no morals whatsoever, but surely you can not be that stupid.

Or how about you personally jumping to the defense of not just Troy, but Dale Monroe himself, saying he didn't testify to congress that he too would have taken the same shot Lon did?
Come on down!

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Tbelec-come-on-down-and-defend-this-fake-story-about-arfcom/130-2180033

Hahaha. "Muh pit"

You say that now, but continued with the gaslighting even after being beaten about the head and neck with the transcripts.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 2:31:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Monroe did say it. I watched it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come on down!

Monroe did say it. I watched it.
And while all that was going down, even after being presented with the transcripts, Aimless denied he said it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 2:32:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

New blood is needed.

Let’s take our NRA BACK.
View Quote
Yep, I don’t care if anyone donates, but everyone needs to become a voting member, and show the cronies the door.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 2:34:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I quit paying after a face to face conversation I had with a certain person in a position to know with the ar15.com company I will not name a few months after sandy hook. After a couple of the yankee AWB's passed there were people being banned and posts removed from the EE so the soon to be ban state FFL buddies of certain members of leadership could buy preban goodies for later resale without competition from lowly peasants in those same ban states.

View Quote
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 2:34:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
It's sad that you can't have an honest discussion about the good and bad of NRA or other organizations.  It has to be "all good" or "all bad" with you guys.
View Quote
Agreed. What other org is working to get youth involved in shooting?

I got a grant for an air rifle program for a local HS from friends of the NRA.

Much more to the NRA than lobbying.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 2:35:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Let’s take our NRA BACK.
View Quote
We tried that approach.

We tried the membership route (Life).

We tried the ballot box (BOD).

Now it's time to try the nuclear option. Now is the time to rip off the veil and show the world what Wayne and Co. are really doing.

We tried the ballot box and failed. Time to try the match box and burn these motherfuckers to the ground.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 2:39:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 2:40:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
All we have is a vote. We need someone to help expose who to vote out.
View Quote
You can't win in a rigged BOD election.

What we need is to keep digging, find where the line is crossed (from just being unsavory to being illegal money laundering, embezzlement, or violations of not for profit rules and regs), and let zealous prosecutors take down Wayne LaPierre and the rest of the executive leadership.

The only way to win is to take out the leadership and starve the organization of new funds until a new leadership is put in place.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 2:40:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

We tried that approach.

We tried the membership route (Life).

We tried the ballot box (BOD).

Now it's time to try the nuclear option. Now is the time to rip off the veil and show the world what Wayne and Co. are really doing.

We tried the ballot box and failed. Time to try the match box and burn these motherfuckers to the ground.
View Quote
While that's unfortunate,  the NRA needs wrecked, GOA or some other group can pick up the pieces.

Send the story to vice and or msnbc
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 2:41:11 PM EDT
[#47]
This thread took a weird turn.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 2:42:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

New blood is needed.

Let's take our NRA BACK.
View Quote
Agree.

I summarized my own thoughts in a different thread
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 2:50:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Nice job OP. Yes, NRA management is bloated and seems to personally enrich themselves.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 2:55:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Yeah Tommy
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top