BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:59:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I actually only traded my carry weapon (6 round) Glock 36 to a (15 Round) Glock 19 a week or so ago. I read up on it a bit and the newer 9mm rounds seemed to like a better choice IMHO. Speer Gold Dot 124 gr. +P was my choice of round.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get both?  I have a .45 in 10mm on my nightstand, and I carry a 9mm.

I actually only traded my carry weapon (6 round) Glock 36 to a (15 Round) Glock 19 a week or so ago. I read up on it a bit and the newer 9mm rounds seemed to like a better choice IMHO. Speer Gold Dot 124 gr. +P was my choice of round.

Thats what I carry in my cz 75 compact.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:00:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:02:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

typical dumb remark that you would hear from a liberal.
technology has closed the gap between 45 and 9mm wounds. Now the 9mm is just as effective but lighter, more rounds, cheaper, quicker follow up shots and less recoil. What don't you get about the facts
this is why a hate discussing things with people. don't base anything on facts or knowledge. just make profoundly stupid remarks. the dumbing down of Americans I guess
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
with current bullet technology 9mm wins

I love that we live in a magical land where only 9mm bullets have benefited from technology. Somehow, every other caliber has been left behind.

now now, its almost christmas so dont ruin the kids christmas.  9mm for women and 45 for men.

technology has closed the gap between 45 and 9mm wounds. Now the 9mm is just as effective but lighter, more rounds, cheaper, quicker follow up shots and less recoil. What don't you get about the facts
this is why a hate discussing things with people. don't base anything on facts or knowledge. just make profoundly stupid remarks. the dumbing down of Americans I guess

Ha Ha, if you cant hit it with 9 shots you shouldnt have brought a gun. bullet tech my ass its all about hitting where you aim and if your good with your gun it doesnt matter.

Im sure just as many lived being shot from any caliber but one in the heart or one between the eyes ends the fight every time. Its a decision you dont need a degree to make.

All the facts a man needs.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:02:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:04:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I can not see myself buying a new handgun from here on out that is not 9mm, I have two .40s and three .45s but 9mm suits my needs.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:05:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
.357 magnum
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:06:24 PM EDT
[#7]
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2014/07/03/army-wants-a-harder-hitting-pistol.html
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:06:38 PM EDT
[#8]
.46 ACP
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:06:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Both/Either.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:07:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Im really trying to talk myself into keeping my Glock 30S. I always tend to carry the 9mm and really have no void for the 30S to fill.....
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:08:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Im really trying to talk myself into keeping my Glock 30S. I always tend to carry the 9mm and really have no void for the 30S to fill.....
View Quote

I have a 21sf that is a good gun.  The short grip of the 30 always felt weird to me.  Ymmv
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:08:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ha Ha, if you cant hit it with 9 shots you shouldnt have brought a gun.

one in the heart or one between the eyes ends the fight every time.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:09:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Have both, carry 9mm.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:13:21 PM EDT
[#14]
AK47
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:13:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm taking (leaving) a dump as I read this thread.
I won't dump on your thread, but since I have no bladder control while pushing a duce. I
I say both.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:13:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee427/ltlabner/Gifs/madmen2_zpshxsuztaz.gif

referring to a 1911 with an 8 round mag and 1 in the chamber, you see 8 + 1 =9.

since so many hate 45 I figure the 1911 is the reason since it doesnt hold 87 rounds its not a good choice.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:13:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll take it
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:16:20 PM EDT
[#18]
10mm, of course.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:18:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:18:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

since so many hate 45 I figure the 1911 is the reason since it doesnt hold 87 rounds its not a good choice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly anybody I've ever personally heard say the kinds of things you posted can't shoot for shit.

Every.single.one.

I am sure, however, you are the exception to the rule.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:21:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Honestly anybody I've ever personally heard say the kinds of things you posted can't shoot for shit.

Every.single.one.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every.single.one.

Its just like a video game and the movies bro.  When you are scared for your life pin point shots come natural.  .mil is dumb for teaching center mass.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:25:12 PM EDT
[#22]
You should only take advice from someone you trust, not anonymous people on the internet.  When I purchased my first semi-auto pistol, I asked my father for his take on the .45 vs 9mm.  He told me that during his time in Korea, 1951-1953, he used a P-38 that he managed to come up with from somewhere. All he had to say was that "it did the job."  
I've carried a 9mm ever since and never once have I felt under gunned.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:26:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
How the F do you edit a poll?
View Quote

You can't.

You are now stuck with this humiliation and the dogpiling will go on and on.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:28:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Every.single.one.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every.single.one.

good enough super star.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:38:07 PM EDT
[#25]
I own suitable carry pistols in 9mm, 40s&w, and 45acp. I tend to favor carrying a 45, because I can shoot it better.

Every Christmas and every birthday my Dad gives me a case of Federal Ballisticlean ammo in 357Sig. I own precisely zero pistols chambered in that caliber. I've tried explaining it to him, but he doesn't get it ... "What are you talking about? You have plenty of Sigs ..."

The sad part is that he undoubtedly pays a fortune for that ammo, just to have me trade it off for something I can use.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:40:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I own suitable carry pistols in 9mm, 40s&w, and 45acp. I tend to favor carrying a 45, because I can shoot it better.

Every Christmas and every birthday my Dad gives me a case of Federal Ballisticlean ammo in 357Sig. I own precisely zero pistols chambered in that caliber. I've tried explaining it to him, but he doesn't get it ... "What are you talking about? You have plenty of Sigs ..."

The sad part is that he undoubtedly pays a fortune for that ammo, just to have me trade it off for something I can use.

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:47:28 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Get both?  I have a .45 in my nightstand, and I carry a 9mm.
View Quote

This.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:29:02 PM EDT
[#28]
45 GAP
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:29:58 PM EDT
[#29]
9mm is the correct answer.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:35:36 PM EDT
[#30]
I've been curious for decades over which caliber is definitely better; 9mm or .45ACP.

Thanks to the OP; all I need to do is wait for the conclusion of this poll to know for sure.

Thank you OP.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:37:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Gen 2 Glock 19 FDE in .300 WSM
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:37:39 PM EDT
[#32]
9mm.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:42:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why don't you buy a pistol in 357Sig?  It's a really cool cartridge.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:44:49 PM EDT
[#34]
7.62x25 FTW!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:45:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Ha Ha, if you cant hit it with 9 shots you shouldnt have brought a gun. bullet tech my ass its all about hitting where you aim and if your good with your gun it doesnt matter.

Im sure just as many lived being shot from any caliber but one in the heart or one between the eyes ends the fight every time. Its a decision you dont need a degree to make.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love that we live in a magical land where only 9mm bullets have benefited from technology. Somehow, every other caliber has been left behind.

now now, its almost christmas so dont ruin the kids christmas.  9mm for women and 45 for men.

I'm sure you can squeeze off a perfectly aimed head shot on an aggressive moving target, under stress, in a life or death situation.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:46:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Both!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:50:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:58:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or just buy a .357 Sig barrel if you already have a Sig chambered in .40s&w.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:01:21 PM EDT
[#39]

Pole fail.  

.22lr isn't listed.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:26:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

I switched out the barrel in my old beat up Glock 23 for .357 Sig, it is a sweet round, little sharper recoil, but it is shooting a ,357 Magnum load, it is more accurate and shoots flatter.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:29:53 AM EDT
[#41]
" />
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:36:25 AM EDT
[#42]
.22 TCM
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:38:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
I switched out the barrel in my old beat up Glock 23 for .357 Sig, it is a sweet round, little sharper recoil, but it is shooting a ,357 Magnum load, it is more accurate and shoots flatter.

Probably should have mentioned this situation with my Dad a couple of years ago. You guys could have saved me some aggravation

As luck would have it I do have a P229 in 40s&w. Looks like all I need to do is find a conversion kit.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:39:24 AM EDT
[#44]
If those are my choices, I'll take .355 Brownout.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:47:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Twin 45s
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:01:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Nothing wrong with 45 but I voted 9mm because of moar bullets in the gun.  Poll did not mention 40 which is what I currently carry but contemplating going back to 9mm.  Moar bullets sounds better to me these days.....

ETA:  Nice pair of G30S Glocks up there^^^^.  I have one 30 and one 30S, they are great 45's.  If you're gonna carry a 45, that's the one.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:07:25 AM EDT
[#47]
MY 23 has barrels for .40, 9mm and .357 Sig, if we go away that gives me 3 ammo choices if I have to resupply
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:11:04 AM EDT
[#48]
.45 bc it's american
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:14:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you work at a gunstore?
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:15:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Are we doing this 9 vrs 45 again.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top