[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd bet phone calls are going out to ST6 guys.

Delta more likely, the SEALs talked too much about OBL and talked too much shit about dear leader.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Yep

ST6 will get the call over Delta, they should in my book, their track record speaks for itself

The fact they have a PUBLIC track record is exactly why they will always play second fiddle to Army.

Well it was just reported that soldiers out of Bragg were flown there over night. So I would guess Delta got the call.  

That shit probably should not be reported.

Im pretty sure that if a hostage taker isn't smart enough to know that an armed team of some sort will come knocking then they are not smart enough to understand such a report.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 4:59:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Apparently many hostages dead. This from Reuters:

"Many people were killed when Algerian forces opened fire on a vehicle at a remote gas plant where gunmen were holding dozens of Western hostages, a resident of the locality and Arab news reports said on Thursday.

Mauritania's ANI news agency, which has been in constant contact with the kidnappers, reported that 34 of the captives and 15 of the captors had been killed when government forces fired from helicopters while the kidnappers were trying to move some of their prisoners."

Story at http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/17/us-sahara-crisis-idUSBRE90F1JJ20130117
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 5:51:11 AM EDT
[#3]
This is why Algeria can't have nice things.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:34:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have a bad feeling that this is gonna be a "Moscow theater hostage crisis" scenario.

Lots of hostages are going to die

I knew it!

Did they seriously do an airstrike of the place???
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:37:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a bad feeling that this is gonna be a "Moscow theater hostage crisis" scenario.

I knew it!

its sure looking like they did,  multiple news outlets now    fucking idiots
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:42:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I knew it!

its sure looking like they did,  multiple news outlets now    fucking idiots

Were they Speznaz-trained?   Jeebus.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 9:52:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 12:11:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Jesus
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 12:13:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Calling President Obama... President Obama you have a crisis on line one!

Now stop trying to disarm the American population and get back to work!!
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 12:24:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Jesus Christ...
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 2:23:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Sky News is reporting that 6 foreign nationals including one British hostage have been killed, but the Prime Minister has said to prepare for more bad news

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 12:54:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 1:24:48 PM EDT
[#13]
One American dead in hostage siege in Algeria
Published January 18, 2013
FoxNews.com

DEVELOPING....

Fox News has confirmed that one American has died in the hostage standoff at an Algerian gas complex. Officials told the Associated Press the deceased American is Texas resident, Frederick Buttaccio. It is unclear how he died.

The officials say Buttaccio's remains have been recovered and his family has been notified.

THIS is the only match for that name in Texas...
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 1:41:05 PM EDT
[#14]
imagine this...

al qaeda cant get a US Ambassador, so they grab Amercian oil contractors and want the blind sheik in a hostage swap...

imagine that...
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 5:05:58 AM EDT
[#15]
I guess they did a final raid... And everybody else got killed!

What a cluster fuck!

http://news.yahoo.com/algeria-7-hostages-11-militants-dead-raid-134755508--finance.html
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:12:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Report from AP is saying all the hostages are dead.

Terrorists win again under Obama.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:42:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Report from AP is saying all the hostages are dead.

Terrorists win again under Obama.

Damn.

God rest their souls.

This is what we get from Obama.

President Barack Obama said in a statement Saturday that the U.S. stood ready to provide whatever assistance was needed in the wake of the attack.

"This attack is another reminder
of the threat posed by al-Qaida and other violent extremist groups in
North Africa. In the coming days, we will remain in close touch with the
Government of Algeria to gain a fuller understanding of what took place
so that we can work together to prevent tragedies like this in the
future," the statement said.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 8:41:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Well, apparently one of my cousins was amongst the dead.

Algerian hostage crisis: 2 more Americans among the dead
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 8:46:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

My condolences to you and your family.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 8:55:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Sorry for your loss.

The media reporting on this terrorist attack has been really sparse and honestly, weird.

Guess Obama is getting a pass on this and they are trying to sweep the whole event under the rug.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 9:01:43 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry for your loss.

The media reporting on this terrorist attack has been really sparse and honestly, weird.

Guess Obama is getting a pass on this and they are trying to sweep the whole event under the rug.

I was just about to ask if anyone else has noticed a complete lack of coverage on the incident. Most everything I've been reading has come out of the UK. Ignoring a pet candidate's faults are one thing, completely failing to take an interest in murdered US citizens reaches a new low.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:48:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Sorry for your loss.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 12:12:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks, everyone.  Even though his mom was my favorite relative on that side (she passed a few years ago), I honestly didn't know him very well.

He was always gone a lot growing up, so I actually knew his older brother a lot better.

He was my mom's age, though, and was like a brother to her... summers spent playing together, etc.  She's taking it pretty damned hard.

I've been watching these threads, but didn't want to say anything until:
  1. We knew for sure he was amongst the dead

2. It was public info

My mom wasn't at liberty to say, but I figured it out when she told me she was worried about one of her favorite cousins, and might have some more info in a few days/weeks.

She had told me a while back about him calling her before he went over there, so I figured it was either that something had happened to him, or that someone else in the family had cancer.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 12:17:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Does it strike anybody else as odd that with the US being the most technologically advanced civilization on Earth...that we don't have a bio-weapon that could be broadcast over an area like that....and the antidote given after everyone is incapacitated? Seems a lot safer that dumping munitions on an area with hostages.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 12:26:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I know many people travel abroad for work and make great money,
but is it really worth the risk?

They make crazy money overseas...then want the military to come save them..fuck em
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 12:34:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They make crazy money overseas...then want the military to come save them..fuck em

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 12:36:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Condolences to the member who lost a cousin.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 12:39:08 PM EDT
[#28]
BP?  Nope, nothing will be done, because it's social justice against the earth raping British Petroleum.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 12:39:18 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We should only protect American interest that don't actually involve any Americans?  Is that it?  

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 12:42:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree..is it shitty to say..absolutely.  But there is a reason why they are making that money...its dangerous.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Have the oil company pay blackwater triple canopy greystone to rescue them.  Do you feel bad for people that die climbing mt everest...i dont..they knew the risk.  These people arent forced to go to these fucked up countries...they VOLUNTEERED.cause they like the money.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 1:50:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Have the oil company pay blackwater triple canopy greystone to rescue them.  Do you feel bad for people that die climbing mt everest...i dont..they knew the risk.  These people arent forced to go to these fucked up countries...they VOLUNTEERED.cause they like the money.

Dude,when you're employed by a multinational, you don't volunteer, the company volunteers you.your options for saying no, quit or be fired.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree..is it shitty to say..absolutely.  But there is a reason why they are making that money...its dangerous.

Yup.  It's called a risk premium.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 9:38:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:02:43 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I'm very sorry to hear that.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top