Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 3:46:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I prefer the cycle, they are the "assault rifle" of the transportation world.

[Lib] Who "needs" all that excess power? They are a nuisance and danger to those around them. The owners are unstable and a danger to those around them[/Lib]

It takes more skill just to get to the store for milk and not get killed or maimed on the bike than to drive your car. This doesn't mean all bike riders are saints and know how to ride or that think cool muscle cars are dumb...

S.O.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 3:56:47 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anyone could...blah, blah, blah... and go 200+ mph.

Really.

You throw that around like going 200 mph is a little thing.  Have you ever done it?

Actually I have, and it wasn't in a plastic canoe with two wheels and an engine.

I've taken TT Vipers into 240+, looks like your bike is lacking.

Only problem is that a TT Viper probably costs 10+ x's more than a bike that can run 200mph  

Right but no one is debating that bikes aren't cool.

I'm just debating, that it takes skill to turn a 2 ton'er into hell on wheels that can destroy bikes and it doesn't take any skill AT ALL to get a bike to beat a car.

This is where Kirk is confused.

Actually, it does take skill. With such a short wheel base and steering geometry being so sharp and having so much power, doing a sub 10 sec launch on a factory street bike is no small feat. To get those stats seasoned racers or pro riders have to do it, the average joe would roll it back over onto himself. If anything the perfect launch in such a bike is more difficult than a car. For the average bike owner and the average car owner, the bike winning is a given.

S.O.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 8:06:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Cool video.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 11:13:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't be hating!  

GET BOTH!
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 11:32:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Beating a 600cc sport bike is nothing to be that proud of. It's kind of sad really if that is your goal, spend as much money and time building and tuning a sweet car so you can beat a mass produced cheap crotch rocket. I couldn't care less that your oh so sweet car can beat a $7000 bike.

I really like the car involved, but I don't see the appeal in racing stock vehicles with a heavily modified car, especially when the race is between a bike and a car. If you had shown me some super car taking on a modded liter bike I would be genuinely impressed. But a heavily built charger beating a stock sport bike is nothing to write home about.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 1:48:04 PM EDT
[#6]
There is no freaking way that bike is going in excess of 210 mph.  I'd give it 185 tops.

Someone tampered with the speedo...
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 2:01:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn I love Chargers!
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 2:41:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
There is no freaking way that bike is going in excess of 210 mph.  I'd give it 185 tops.

Speedo healer. If I had a video camera I would make a similar video with mine.
Right now I have mine set to decrease the MPH by 12% because of changed gearing, but I could just as easily make it add 50%.

ETA: Actually it can adjust by -99.9% to +99.9% so I could do 300+mph.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 3:04:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I have been upwards of 170 (wrapped way past 170 on the speedo) on a bike and it is nothing like riding that fast in a car, been about 160 in a car. On the bike the wind smashes the helmet onto your head, causes extreme tunnel vision and there is no protection around you. I love both fast cars and bikes. I do not see why anyone would want to bash another, bike or car. My old sport riding buddies were very friendly and helpful. I am very introverted and those guys would get me out of my shell.

Peace
Banditman
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top