User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 3:58:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 4:01:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Now that we are not in Iraq the Iranians will be focusing their spending on more IED's in Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 4:03:47 AM EDT
[#3]
If they were in a Buffalo when they were killed that must have been a friggen big-ass IED. Those trucks are ridiculously robust and bomb-resistant.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 7:38:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Go easy bros.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 7:50:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Bring them home, there isn't shit over there that's worth one more American life.

There are valuable things here alright.  The public won't hear about them though.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 7:55:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
when i heard about it was on my news nothing was showing on cnn or msnbc or fox at the time.

sucks we keep losing good men.

something needs to be leveled over there or changed to make the soldiers and marines jobs easier to do.

They quit posting deaths and incidents the day the Weasel got into office.

There really isn't much in Ashcanistan, and nothing worth our guys dying. An 11th century country that wants to remain in a time warp is impossible to fix.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 7:59:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 1/8/2012 8:10:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 1/8/2012 8:14:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Bring them home, there isn't shit over there that's worth one more American life.

There are valuable things here alright.  The public won't hear about them though.

I heard about the oil contract the Chinese signed with the Afghans a couple weeks ago.  

We need to pull every US asset with value out of that shithole tomorrow and let the chips fall where they may.  Anyone one that wants to stay is free to do so if they choose, but without financial support from the US taxpayer/Chinese loans.  If doing what you want to do in a foreign country is that important and what you really want to do, than you or your friends/family can fundraise for you and your expenses.  

We're broke, can't afford a whole lot of things and one of those is a standing army in Afghanistan.

Link Posted: 1/8/2012 8:20:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If they were doing RCP, then that had to be a huge IED. The truck used are quite resistant.
Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
I heard about that tonight coming home from drill and thought the same thing.  Thank God we never hit anything big enough to do much more than flip the rollers

and front clip off.

Godspeed to those guys.

Not sure where they are...but 250lbs of hme isn't uncommon in some areas

Even if the hull isn't breached, the concussion can kill you. Catastrophic kills like that aren't really common, though

Prayers to their families...

Link Posted: 1/8/2012 8:21:52 AM EDT
[#11]

RIP soldiers.

Thank you for your service and sacrifice.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 8:44:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/national_world&id=8494727

INDIANAPOLIS ––  Four soldiers with an Indiana-based National Guard unit were killed in Afghanistan and a fifth was injured when their vehicle struck a roadside bomb as they were working to clear a supply route of the improvised bombs, guard officials said Saturday.

Indiana Adjutant General Martin Umbarger said the four members of the Valparaiso-based 713th Engineer Company died Thursday morning in southern Afghanistan. He said all of the men were combat engineers who specialized in clearing major supply routes.

The blast occurred as their vehicle traveled along a road, scouting for signs of roadside bombs and other potential problems convoys might encounter as the move supplies in the decade-long war in Afghanistan, Umbarger said.

"Their mission is to keep the major supply routes clear of all obstacles for the convoys. And what that means is they're the first ones to go out to make sure the route can be used, so it's a very important missionbut it's also extremely dangerous," he told The Associated Press.

The four men killed were identified as: Staff Sgt. Jonathan M.  Metzger, 32, of Indianapolis, Spc. Brian J. Leonhardt, 21, of Merrillville, Ind., Spc. Robert J. Tauteris Jr., 44, of Hamlet, Ind., and Spc. Christopher A. Patterson, 20, of Aurora, Ill.

A fifth soldier injured in the blast, Pvt. Douglas Rachowicz, 29, of Hammond, Ind., was initially treated at a military base hospital in Kandahar before being airlifted to the U.S. military hospital in Landstuhl, Germany, Umbarger said.

He was from my home town. R.I.P. battle.

Town I was born in and went to High School...

Link Posted: 1/8/2012 9:02:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top