[#1]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:13:17 AM EDT
[#2]
thats gotta suck real bad
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:16:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:24:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Is that quarry the one near the Bull Run shotgun range?

There's not much in your photos familiar to me where I live (real close to Fairfax city), but that looks pretty familiar.

And what's that building towards the end of your series?

ETA: yeah, FCPS is out today, which means not only can I relax today, but I have another 2 days to do that essay on the cold war I've been putting off...
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:35:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Is that quarry the one near the Bull Run shotgun range?

There's not much in your photos familiar to me where I live (real close to Fairfax city), but that looks pretty familiar.

And what's that building towards the end of your series?

ETA: yeah, FCPS is out today, which means not only can I relax today, but I have another 2 days to do that essay on the cold war I've been putting off...

Yes it is

Centreville United Methodist Church
I sing in the choir there.  I was the only Bass to show up, and only one Tenor showed up.
So what was supposed to be the Tenor/Bass part of Be Thou My Vision turned into a duet.  We did pretty well considering we never practiced it that way.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:54:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I got to drive from Virginia Beach back to NYC yesterday in it...4WD all the way home, that was "fun".

Damn dude, you were this weekend and we didn't get to meet up
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:58:33 AM EDT
[#7]
[Napoleon Dynamite voice]Lucky![/Napoleon Dynamite voice]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:00:57 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
WTH - the roads look clear and wet.  What's the big deal??

It s not a big deal.  At no point have I complained about the snow except that I have complained that we did not get more.

This thread is about nice pictures.  Not southerners afraid of snow.  And NOVA is not the south anyway.

Uhh, Yes it is.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:12:58 AM EDT
[#9]
I went to Avila Beach which is in San Luis Obispo County California.  Sorry no pictures.  I got a mild sunburn.  It was about 75 degrees.  There were lots of college cuties.  Oh yeah the snow looks nice.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:19:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I went to Avila Beach which is in San Luis Obispo County California.  Sorry no pictures.  I got a mild sunburn.  It was about 75 degrees.  There were lots of college cuties.  Oh yeah the snow looks nice.

So THAT is where all the team membership payments go.....

The Avila's bought their own beach....
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:35:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Those pics have got to be 29 through Bull Run- only open undeveloped place in NOVA

What are Ya? A Yankee? Dems the Manassas Battlefield. Only the north called it Bull Run.

Actually it's both.

Some of the pics were taking in Manassas Battlefield Park and some were taken in Bull Run Park.

The Fed.Gov can call the park Bull Run State Park, be we Manassholeians call it Manassas Battlefield.

Your right Yankees named battles after nearby creeks.  Rebels named them after nearby towns.  I do half and half.  I refuse to call the Battle of Sharpsburg The Battle of Antietam
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:54:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Those pics have got to be 29 through Bull Run- only open undeveloped place in NOVA

What are Ya? A Yankee? Dems the Manassas Battlefield. Only the north called it Bull Run.

Actually it's both.

Some of the pics were taking in Manassas Battlefield Park and some were taken in Bull Run Park.

The Fed.Gov can call the park Bull Run State Park, be we Manassholeians call it Manassas Battlefield.

Your right Yankees named battles after nearby creeks.  Rebels named them after nearby towns.  I do half and half.  I refuse to call the Battle of Sharpsburg The Battle of Antietam

Interesting.  I never thought of that.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:57:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting.  I never thought of that.

Battles With Dual Names

Date of Battle

Confederate Name

Confederate Name                  Federal Name
July 21, 1861 First Manassas Bull Run
Aug. 10, 1861 Oak Hills       Wilson's Creek
Oct. 21, 1861 Leesburg       Ball's Bluff
Jan. 19, 1862 Mill Springs              Logan's Cross Roads
Mar. 7-8, 1862 Elkhorn Tavern Pea Ridge
Apr. 6-7, 1862 Shiloh        Pittsburg Landing
June 27, 1862 Gaines's Mill              Chickahominy
Aug. 29-30,1862 Second Manassas Second Bull Run
Sept. 1, 1862 Ox Hill                 Chantilly
Sept. 14, 1862 Boonsboro South Mountain
Sept. 17, 1862 Sharpsburg Antietam
Oct. 8, 1862 Perryville Chaplin Hills
Dec. 31, 1862-
Jan 2, 1863 Murfreesboro Stones River
Apr. 8, 1864 Mansfield Sabine Cross Roads
Sept. 19, 1864 Winchester Opequon Creek
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top