Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:55:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Should've bought a Cummins.

A 1500 is within about 1k lbs of the curb weight of a SRW 2500 and 3500. Your making that little diesel work much harder than the 6.7. The reason the I6 Cummins is so good is because it's an I6. That in and of itself makes it more reliable because you don't have to throw a bunch of extra harmonic balancing crap on it like you do a V pattern. So you buy a truck that weighs nearly the same, hauls/tows less, and has an inferior motor. I don't get the love affair with diesels, and a half ton is pants on head retarded.

Having a diesel in the driveway is like having an ex-wife living out there constantly begging for more alimony. If I could sell all of our horses, trailers, and stop towing, I would never own a diesel again. This coming from a guy that has owned six Cummins Rams of various flavors over the years. It's a great engine, hugely capable, but it is so much more expensive than a gas motor to operate and maintain.
View Quote

I would never buy another diesel unless I was towing pretty heavy trailers a lot long distances or in mountains a lot. If I was towing an decent amount I would buy a 3/4 ton first choice a Ford with a 7.3, second a RAM with a Hemi.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:02:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:16:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had an ecodiesel for 3 years. I purchased a green diesel engineering tune as soon as I bought it. All I've done is change the oil and filters and put diesel in it. It's been completely problem free. Though that seems to be the minority with this engine. I get about 26 mpg on the interstate and 24.5 in 50:50 mixed driving. I pulled a 5,500 pound boat across the country and averaged about 14 mpg.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top