Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 6:02:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Vinales out for COTA because of his cousin passing.
View Quote

I don't blame him

and it's not like he is doing anything other than testing while on the track.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 9:00:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Used to love going to Laguna, Cannery Row on Fri and Sat night was legendary. Been contemplating COTA for a few years but honestly did not want to spend the cash. Laguna Seca was an hour ride and $300  for a hotel for the nite.
View Quote

Went to Laguna in 06.  We had to stay quite a ways away bc everything was booked. Stayed a week.  Really liked CA and would love to visit again.  Whole different world compared to podunk western NY.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 9:01:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I got 2 extra tickets !!! ??
View Quote

Damnit!!   Wasnt for kids n work id be there!
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 11:21:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Good thing I always screenshot an online purchase for the confirmation number. Neither COTA or ticketmaster has any ticket purchase on file from me, but I have the confirmation for the seats I bought and see the money was taken from my checking account.

Getting on the plane in a few hours, I can already see the weekend starting on the wrong foot...
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 11:37:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Good thing I always screenshot an online purchase for the confirmation number. Neither COTA or ticketmaster has any ticket purchase on file from me, but I have the confirmation for the seats I bought and see the money was taken from my checking account.

Getting on the plane in a few hours, I can already see the weekend starting on the wrong foot...
View Quote

Damn man, good luck.. Sounds like you will be seeing the race, just not from the seats you bought.

You guys going better post pics so everyone else can live vicariously through you
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 6:39:17 AM EDT
[#6]
No coof. Long long drive track is impressive. Heading over shortly for FP1!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 9:51:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No coof. Long long drive track is impressive. Heading over shortly for FP1!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/486333/madeit_jpg-2113075.JPG
View Quote

Have fun!!

I just turned on my computer and i couldn't figure out why there was no session videos. It took me a few minutes to realize that Texas is actually one hour behind.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 10:14:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Have fun!!

I just turned on my computer and i couldn't figure out why there was no session videos. It took me a few minutes to realize that Texas is actually one hour behind.
View Quote

Just turned it on, Moto3 is wet track.

These Moto3 guys on a wet track would still be 10 seconds faster than me on a dry track riding a 600cc bike lol

Maybe
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 10:50:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Just touched down not far from the airport, wet, damp tarmac for sure but I think it will dry soon.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 11:04:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Is everyone wearing masks?  That pretty much ruins it for me.  I can't even stomach watching mask nonsense on TV anymore.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 11:06:41 AM EDT
[#11]
My brother and dad are headed to Austin now to go watch the race.

hopefully it doesn't rain.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 3:13:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Not sure what turn it is, but that bump is brutal.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 4:05:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Started out iffy, but what a day for motor sports.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 5:10:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Marquez merch vs 1 of 2 Rossi tents
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Edit pic
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 6:23:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Look forward to more pics!
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 6:26:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Attachment Attached File

The sun came out.  It got hot.

I'm sure the guys with pit passes will have much better pics
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 6:30:54 PM EDT
[#18]
I’m here as well. Weather doesn’t look good until Sunday. I rode my bike from Georgia through plenty of rain though. Won’t slow me down. I’m in the turn 12 stands. Y’all  have fun.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 10:22:39 PM EDT
[#19]
What is in that tower, race control or what ?
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 7:27:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Great day for racing. Took a ton of pics (got an epic Rossi shot) with good camera will post when I'm back home. 20 was sitting on pit lane watching moto3 guys.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/2/2021 7:47:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Awesome. Keep 'em coming.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 8:32:32 AM EDT
[#22]
All my damn cellphone pics need to be resized to post.

I am only really taking snaps, as I didn't bring my regular camera.  Brought binoculars instead to see things closer than our meager tickets allow (thanks China!) rather than get mired in camera angles.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 9:20:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
All my damn cellphone pics need to be resized to post.

I am only really taking snaps, as I didn't bring my regular camera.  Brought binoculars instead to see things closer than our meager tickets allow (thanks China!) rather than get mired in camera angles.
View Quote

Any pics are better than no pics !

Weather is going to make things interesting and they need to do something about those bumps before the next race.. If it gets too bad all the riders will not race on the track, I think that happened in F1 when all the drivers got together and said a track wasn't safe so they didn't race.

Do they sell helmets like Shoei X14 at the track for a discount ?
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 11:08:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What is in that tower, race control or what ?
View Quote

Something you can pay to go up on to see all around ..nothing more
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 11:43:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Something you can pay to go up on to see all around ..nothing more
View Quote

Cool, What does it cost and is it a good vantage point to watch the whole track with binos ?

They should maybe serve bacon cheeseburgers or brisket up there
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 12:38:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Paddock walk in 10 mins

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 1:57:44 PM EDT
[#27]
If you don't have a WorldSBK video pass go buy one and watch race 1 at Portimao this weekend. Some of the best racing I have ever watched. I think you can buy the rest of the season for like 10 euros.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 2:29:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Weather is going to make things interesting and they need to do something about those bumps before the next race.. If it gets too bad all the riders will not race on the track, I think that happened in F1 when all the drivers got together and said a track wasn't safe so they didn't race.

View Quote

Discount is not a word that is understood anywhere near a Motorsport event.  Been going since the very first year, got PSL’s in turn 15 but decided to move to the main straight since my daughter likes to celebrity watch.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 4:34:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Discount is not a word that is understood anywhere near a Motorsport event.  Been going since the very first year, got PSL’s in turn 15 but decided to move to the main straight since my daughter likes to celebrity watch.
View Quote

Lol, gotcha.

I got some nice deals at Laguna in 2013 on Motul 300V
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 8:54:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Is everyone wearing masks?  That pretty much ruins it for me.  I can't even stomach watching mask nonsense on TV anymore.
View Quote

Nope. No masks after the airport.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 8:56:24 PM EDT
[#31]

Those lines were. I thing compared to peak times. My wife gave up and went back later for her tank top. She wanted to get me a hat but I’m like “for $45? Fuck that.”
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 9:07:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not sure that weather will be a factor at all.. Sunday was supposed to be the nicest day of the weekend and there isn’t any forecast. Moto3 had one damp/wet session.

I saw a lot of dudes hanging about waiting for a tow in qualifying, pissed me off.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 9:10:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If you don't have a WorldSBK video pass go buy one and watch race 1 at Portimao this weekend. Some of the best racing I have ever watched. I think you can buy the rest of the season for like 10 euros.
View Quote

Wish that fullmatchsports carried WSB, it’s free and gives me everything I got out of a $170 a year Motogp subscription. Just make sure to use an ad blocker amd dismiss it when it asks you to turn it off.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 9:11:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Peco!
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 9:54:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Not sure that weather will be a factor at all.. Sunday was supposed to be the nicest day of the weekend and there isn’t any forecast. Moto3 had one damp/wet session.

I saw a lot of dudes hanging about waiting for a tow in qualifying, pissed me off.
View Quote

I knew or read Sunday was going to be cool, I thought I read qualifying was going to be wet. Glad to be wrong
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 11:32:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Wish that fullmatchsports carried WSB, it’s free and gives me everything I got out of a $170 a year Motogp subscription. Just make sure to use an ad blocker amd dismiss it when it asks you to turn it off.
View Quote

This one race was worth the whole years subscription. It was  like NASCAR on two wheels.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 9:46:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Found a 9 min condensed version of WSB race 1

Link Posted: 10/3/2021 6:45:55 PM EDT
[#38]
The Hayden flag was a nice touch at the end. Hit me right in the feels.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 7:38:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The Hayden flag was a nice touch at the end. Hit me right in the feels.
View Quote

Need to see this. I miss Nicky.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 10:59:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 11:31:00 AM EDT
[#41]

I don't blame them one bit, that was ridiculous and how the track was deemed safe to ride by a former racer. I can't remember his name but he is in charge of making sure the track is cool, I think he is also in the BMW pace car ?
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 11:40:06 AM EDT
[#42]
I got too much sun.  Turn 12 was nice if you are in the top row but I might pay extra and do the VIP deal.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 3:30:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I got too much sun.  Turn 12 was nice if you are in the top row but I might pay extra and do the VIP deal.
View Quote

I may do that next year too
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 3:53:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Waiting to head to the airport, my wife had a hard time filling the race as she can’t tell the riders/bikes apart…

But she for dammed sure could tell Sam Lowes went out on a mechanical, the woman has a total wet-on for that dude, lol.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 9:25:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Main Grandstands Club is better for sun. By 945/10 AM the 200 level seats are in the shade. The VIP suites stay sun blasted from 930 until the sun starts going down...though you can go inside.  But for almost 1300 more per ticket, if the sun is your main concern, MG Club is a better deal. We had a great time and could see into the garages and see  the riders, etc. As long as they had the doors up.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 7:20:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Like the idiot I am drove the 16 hours straight through to get home. Rough. I liked the track, wasn't impressed with Austin - not for me. Got some good pics. I'll add more pics later but I'm happy with a few turned out. The pit lane walk was cool, but crowded. A few riders came out to say hello including baby Jesus 37.

In general, Fabulous acted just like he seems on TV, everyone else at GP level was much more guarded except 43. My wife decided she's a 20 fan.

We did the COTA Club VIP and were on the inside of the track above the paddocks. Overall, the views were fantastic, and the hospitality was meh. The sun was never an issue unless you chose to sit in it. Pretty much all the seats (except on race day) were open and you could sit where ever. On Friday the food was like a bad wedding, got better tho. The beer/booze flowed freely, and if you timed it right the lines were small on 1st 2 days.

Wife and I were on camera a few times over the weekend, so that was cool.

Have these in hi-res if anyone wants:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 7:45:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 7:54:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 9:42:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Nice pics, so the last one is Acosta ?

The GP guys didn't come out to say hello except Fabio ?
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top