Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/31/2019 11:57:51 AM EDT
Ready?

Post about your 2020 fat loss, muscle gain, strength gain, endurance gain...

Let's improve by the end of 2020. If it's 5 lbs of fat lost or 50.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 12:10:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm 5' 10" and ~160 lbs currently.

I lost around 30 lbs in 2019 and am down around 50 lbs from my heaviest. This year I'm going to try and continue to lose fat and gain muscle.

I don't Ike posting pictures of myself. I guess one of my New Years resolutions is to do that.

Me before:
Attachment Attached File

Me as of Dec 31st 2019:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I do have some loose skin from the fat loss. The stretch marks were preexisting from puberty.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 12:18:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll have another go here. Currently 219# and full-on fat at 5'10". Also noticed a lack of consistency and discipline this past half of the year. I need to get back and "conquer my inner bitch."
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 12:28:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll have another go here. Currently 219# and full-on fat at 5'10". Also noticed a lack of consistency and discipline this past half of the year. I need to get back and "conquer my inner bitch."
View Quote
Sorry to hear that. Acknowledging you need to make changes is a good first step this year. My advice would be to look at the past year and see where you failed and target those areas. For example, if you devour a bag of chips maybe stop buying chips (at least the big bags).

I feel like a completely different person than I was a year ago. At first it was a big change but now my diet and activities are just normal, everyday me. Good luck!
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 12:39:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in. On a slow weight gain for years that followed 18 months of different orthopedic surgeries. 6'1" 250lbs. Intend to get back to 190ish.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 12:48:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm in. On a slow weight gain for years that followed 18 months of different orthopedic surgeries. 6'1" 250lbs. Intend to get back to 190ish.
View Quote
Good luck!
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 12:55:24 PM EDT
[#6]
One suggestion. Don't make a ton of changes at once. I limited my calories when I first started but I still ate some pizza and soda. I went from 2 pieces of pizza, to 1, then to 0. I went from 2 sodas, to 1, to 0. I was able to substitute other foods I enjoyed with better macros and micros when I gave up those things. Every once in a while I'll have a piece of pizza if it fits my macros. I think most diets fail because people do a 180 and are eating things they don't like.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 2:25:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in again.  Currently ~195#, down from 240# a bit over a year ago.

Didn't hit all if last year's goals, as some were a hit too optimistic.

This year, I will:

- finish getting a six pack (probably means dropping ~10#)
- build a bit more muscle (probably 10-15#)
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 3:10:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm in again.  Currently ~195#, down from 240# a bit over a year ago.

Didn't hit all if last year's goals, as some were a hit too optimistic.

This year, I will:

- finish getting a six pack (probably means dropping ~10#)
- build a bit more muscle (probably 10-15#)
View Quote
Welcome!
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 4:38:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm in.  I have to do something so I can play during the boog!  Around 205 lbs now....would love to be a fit 180 or so.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 4:45:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm in.  I have to do something so I can play during the boog!  Around 205 lbs now....would love to be a fit 180 or so.
View Quote
Great! I don't personally like setting a goal like that. I would just shoot for losing 1 lb a week or so until you get to where you want.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Really need to get control of my eating.  Not crazy overweight at 205 and 5'10 but my belly is getting too big.   Been lifting regularly 3x per week this whole past year and added good strength and some size.  Switching to a 4x week program and will add some more cardio.   Sweets kill my diet.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 7:36:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Really need to get control of my eating.  Not crazy overweight at 205 and 5'10 but my belly is getting too big.   Been lifting regularly 3x per week this whole past year and added good strength and some size.  Switching to a 4x week program and will add some more cardio.   Sweets kill my diet.
View Quote
You can do it. I switched to Lenny & Larry cookies, Epic Performance Bars, and Kodiak Cakes products. I get the sweets in like I used to but still have good macros and plenty of fiber.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 8:25:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You can do it. I switched to Lenny & Larry cookies, Epic Performance Bars, and Kodiak Cakes products. I get the sweets in like I used to but still have good macros and plenty of fiber.
View Quote
I'm going to start by limiting myself to a small sweet per day and that will include any protein bars. Damn, I sound like my wife.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 9:20:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm in.

2019 kicked the shit out of me, I had C5C6C7 fusion in March, and a bursa removal in my left elbow at the end of November (I'm left handed FYI). But I've manage to hit the gym in between recovery and has lost 20 pounds so far.

Currently, 5'11" and 205lbs, I'd like to lose another 20lbs but who knows.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 9:29:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm in.

2019 kicked the shit out of me, I had C5C6C7 fusion in March, and a bursa removal in my left elbow at the end of November (I'm left handed FYI). But I've manage to hit the gym in between recovery and has lost 20 pounds so far.

Currently, 5'11" and 205lbs, I'd like to lose another 20lbs but who knows.
View Quote
Let's go!
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 10:08:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I am in. I am 5’8" and weigh 225. Have a 18" neck, 34 waist, 16-1/2" arms, 47 chest and 17-1/2 calves. Most of my getting fat has come from riding a desk for 8 months. Usually walk 6-9 miles a day at work before I went in to Management. I have a larger gut and love handles.

I have bad disc at C3/4/5 and L4/5/S1, so maybe core strength is needed. If I try to jog it kills my lower back, so what can I do for cardio?

I am going to start a high protein / low carb diet tomorrow.

Any tips or ideas, exercises is welcome.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 10:19:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I am in. I am 5’8" and weigh 225. Have a 18" neck, 34 waist, 16-1/2" arms, 47 chest and 17-1/2 calves. Most of my getting fat has come from riding a desk for 8 months. Usually walk 6-9 miles a day at work before I went in to Management. I have a larger gut and love handles.

I have bad disc at C3/4/5 and L4/5/S1, so maybe core strength is needed. If I try to jog it kills my lower back, so what can I do for cardio?

View Quote
For cardio, a stationary bike. I rode the hell out of mine for months, 45 minutes a day almost daily. It works, trust me. With my neck issue earlier this year I tried everything, treadmill/elyptical/jogging/rower/ect., only the bike worked for me.

I would try and stick with a diet and cardio routine, at least for a few months so you can get the swing of things. I too rode a desk for 12 years and it sucked.

Diet, cut out all beer and fast food, then try to cook more at home. Too easy right?
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 10:22:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lower impact cardio would be walking, biking, elliptical, stair stepper, swimming. I personally do a combo of walking with my dogs and stationary bike.

I have made sure to be consistent with exercise. I don't use it to lose weight necessarily, it's just something I do for health. I lose fat by adjusting my calories.

Don't go all in our all out with the low carb diet. If it doesn't work for you try a healthy moderate or high carb diet.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 5:06:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
^ This exactly. 5'11 205 @ 52 yo & Started TRT a few months ago. I need to stop being lazy, hit the weights and drop the 25# hanging in my gut. Thinking about Keto along with 5X5. Happy New year!

This is not a new year resolution!
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 8:03:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
^ This exactly. 5'11 205 @ 52 yo & Started TRT a few months ago. I need to stop being lazy, hit the weights and drop the 25# hanging in my gut. Thinking about Keto along with 5X5. Happy New year!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whatever you do, just don't quit!
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 12:58:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Ok, I'm in. Time to stop being a fatass.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 1:12:08 AM EDT
[#22]
OP, you forced me to buy some more gym powder from Steel Supplements.

Its game time!
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 9:44:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Ok, I'm in. Time to stop being a fatass.
View Quote
Quoted:
OP, you forced me to buy some more gym powder from Steel Supplements.

Its game time!
View Quote
Greetings
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 7:46:16 PM EDT
[#24]
HOW TO complete your NEW YEARS RESOLUTION Weight Loss Goals! 10 Tips You MUST Follow!
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 8:38:36 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't know that pointing people here to a steroid using douchebag is the best way to help.

Your other advise was gold though.  Simple changes, one at a time, until they become habit.  Many small changes become a large change over time.

For me, I started with cutting out soda and candy.  Then fast food.  Added in walking more.  On and on it goes.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 9:10:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I don't know that pointing people here to a steroid using douchebag is the best way to help.

Your other advise was gold though.  Simple changes, one at a time, until they become habit.  Many small changes become a large change over time.

For me, I started with cutting out soda and candy.  Then fast food.  Added in walking more.  On and on it goes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

All of his advice was good (if you watch it). I don't do everything he suggests but he knows what he's talking about.

I know he can come off as offensive but I like him because he tells it like it is. Guys like him helped motivate me in the beginning. Sorry.

The fact that he's done steroids is irrelevant.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 4:00:56 AM EDT
[#27]
In as well. I'm 6'3" 210ish. 07/01/2017 I was about 300 pounds. I made a life changing decision that day ( i had been planning it for a while and tried many times before and failed). Since then I lost about 100 pounds. Gained some back this year due to a pretty bad back injury. Only about 20 pounds. I'm wanting to get to 180, have some definition in muscles and bench 225, or 100 pound dumbells. Diet and consistency is my hardest obstacle (as it is with most). I'm getting a lot better with meal prep, which has helped me a lot. I work at a bar and work weird hours. I don't have the luxury of being able to eat at set times, if I can even eat at all some nights. Just the reality if my situation. I'll load some pics when I can.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 8:47:01 AM EDT
[#28]
All in!  5'11" and 238 lbs.  I came back from AFG in March 2018 at 195 and went stagnant on any types of workouts.  Really need to get my caloric intake under control.  Goal is to get back to 200-210 range.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 9:07:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
In as well. I'm 6'3" 210ish. 07/01/2017 I was about 300 pounds. I made a life changing decision that day ( i had been planning it for a while and tried many times before and failed). Since then I lost about 100 pounds. Gained some back this year due to a pretty bad back injury. Only about 20 pounds. I'm wanting to get to 180, have some definition in muscles and bench 225, or 100 pound dumbells. Diet and consistency is my hardest obstacle (as it is with most). I'm getting a lot better with meal prep, which has helped me a lot. I work at a bar and work weird hours. I don't have the luxury of being able to eat at set times, if I can even eat at all some nights. Just the reality if my situation. I'll load some pics when I can.
View Quote
Good job getting as far as you did.

I would suggest protein bars or protein shakes to eat while at work (or meal replacement bars if needed). Plan out what you will need during your shift and only take what you need. There should always be enough time to get a "meal" in that way even if it's while you are taking a leak. If you go hungry, there is more of a chance of overeating or eating fast food junk when you get off work.

I shoot for eating protein 5 times a day spread out as much as possible. I like the Epic Performance Bars and the Naked Nutrition Protein Bars for on the go but they aren't for everyone. If I wake up in the middle of the night and get up to pee, I'll drink a protein shake then too.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 9:18:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
All in!  5'11" and 238 lbs.  I came back from AFG in March 2018 at 195 and went stagnant on any types of workouts.  Really need to get my caloric intake under control.  Goal is to get back to 200-210 range.
View Quote
Yep, you gotta figure out how many calories you should be eating based on your current activity level. What worked for me is meticulous tracking with myfitnesspal. I weigh all of my food and track everything. After doing it for a year, I have a good idea of how much a food weighs, how many calories it has, the macros, and fiber content are in each food by memory and experience. It's kind of a pain at times and impossible if you eat out at certain places. I pack my lunch or eat packaged food so it's not too bad. After doing that, I know exactly what I should and shouldn't eat. I know that a single piece of pecan pie (as delicious as it is) doesn't have very much nutritional value and is 530 calories! So I rarely eat something like that and make up for it when I do.

I'm not quite "If It Fits Your Macros", but I don't completely exclude certain foods. Everything is fine in moderation, but only as long as I overall eat healthy, meet my macro goal, and stay under my calories for the day.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 9:30:04 AM EDT
[#31]
This is a post to everyone.

I have heard a lot of people in weight loss challenges have the scale not move after a week or weeks. What they usually say is the reason is that they are probably gaining as much weight in muscle as they are losing in fat because they are working out.

Very, very high chance they're not.

It's just that they are 50 lbs, 100 lbs overweight and it's way easier to lose fat than it is to gain muscle. It takes a long time to gain a pound of actual muscle but you can lose multiple pounds of fat in a week. Besides, you're not going to gain 50 lbs of muscle.

Now, "recomping" is technically possible but we're talking about people who's main goal is fat loss, not muscle building. If you look at someone like me... If I ate around calorie maintenance, I could potentially lose fat and gain muscle at about the same rate and not see the scale move much. If I am trying to lose fat and am eating in a calorie deficit, then I should be losing fat and dropping scale weight.

I hope that makes sense.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 2:49:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This is a post to everyone.

I have heard a lot of people in weight loss challenges have the scale not move after a week or weeks. What they usually say is the reason is that they are probably gaining as much weight in muscle as they are losing in fat because they are working out.

Very, very high chance they're not.

It's just that they are 50 lbs, 100 lbs overweight and it's way easier to lose fat than it is to gain muscle. It takes a long time to gain a pound of actual muscle but you can lose multiple pounds of fat in a week. Besides, you're not going to gain 50 lbs of muscle.

Now, "recomping" is technically possible but we're talking about people who's main goal is fat loss, not muscle building. If you look at someone like me... If I ate around calorie maintenance, I could potentially lose fat and gain muscle at about the same rate and not see the scale move much. If I am trying to lose fat and am eating in a calorie deficit, then I should be losing fat and dropping scale weight.

I hope that makes sense.
View Quote
Good advise.

I've been pretty constant at the 205lb mark, some mornings it dips below 200. I work out (lifting) 5 days a week but really need to do more cardio.

Current supplements: protein and a pre-workout from Steel, with a new round of "stack" on the way.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 4:26:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Been at it 5 years....2020's not going to be any different.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 4:38:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Been at it 5 years....2020's not going to be any different.  
View Quote
This thread is about improving by the end of 2020. Even if you've been at it your whole life, you can still do that.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I would suggest protein bars or protein shakes to eat while at work (or meal replacement bars if needed). Plan out what you will need during your shift and only take what you need. There should always be enough time to get a "meal" in that way even if it's while you are taking a leak. If you go hungry, there is more of a chance of overeating or eating fast food junk when you get off work.

I shoot for eating protein 5 times a day spread out as much as possible. I like the Epic Performance Bars and the Naked Nutrition Protein Bars for on the go but they aren't for everyone. If I wake up in the middle of the night and get up to pee, I'll drink a protein shake then too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I try to eat whole foods as much as possible, but I always do have powder to makes shakes or bars on hand. Usually shakes over bars because bars get expensive. I'm doing time restricted eating, so I don't eat anything after midnight.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 6:19:16 PM EDT
[#36]
In on one.  Currently 6’4” and 264lbs.  Last year, I went from 362 to 265 in 8 months and three days.  I’ve been around 265 since September.  Plan to lose 15-20 more before our beach trip in April.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 6:59:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
In on one.  Currently 6’4” and 264lbs.  Last year, I went from 362 to 265 in 8 months and three days.  I’ve been around 265 since September.  Plan to lose 15-20 more before our beach trip in April.
View Quote
Way to go!

Keep in mind that whatever you've been eating to maintain 265 will be more than what you'll need to maintain anything less than that.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 7:57:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Way to go!

Keep in mind that whatever you've been eating to maintain 265 will be more than what you'll need to maintain anything less than that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Way to go!

10-4.  Part of the plateau came from cutting back on my exercise along w relaxing the diet some.  Time to refocus.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 7:40:19 AM EDT
[#39]
I am in.

6’2 290 on the first, 63 years old.
Lost 83 lbs in 2019, have made a lot of changes and gained insight.

My 90 day challenge , well 2 of the three:

Alternate Day Fasting
Carnivore diet

I swim laps, play Pickleball and have added rucking. 2020 I am adding yoga and kettlebells.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 9:14:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I am in.

Alternate Day Fasting
Carnivore diet

I swim laps, play Pickleball and have added rucking. 2020 I am adding yoga and kettlebells.
View Quote
Hope it goes well.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 12:04:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I am in.

Alternate Day Fasting
Carnivore diet

View Quote
Great job in 2019!  Keep it up.

Hit a milestone today.  When I started working out again last January, my resting heart rate was 86.  I was 362 lbs. Today I weighed 260 and my resting heart rate is 56. I’m 46 years old.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 9:46:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Congrats on the one hundred pounds.

Resting heart rate is terrific!

The weight loss is super, but the hr just screams success.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 10:09:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 11:57:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Attachment Attached File

Staring weight of ~185lbs, 17%bf

6’1

32 and the beer is starting to catch up with my metabolism.

Goal is to get the body fat down to 13% then start to bulk. Would like to get back up to 190-200 by the end of the year. 15” arms and a six pack by July.

I’m two weeks in and down 1%bf and down 4lbs. All I’m doing right now is peloton rides daily (sometimes a couple per day) and at home body weight work outs. I’m planning on hitting the gym starting in Feb. Hopefully progress pics to come. I need to post to hold myself accountable since no one else is going to ???????
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 12:03:51 AM EDT
[#45]
I'm in for accountability I started on the first at 206 hoping to be in better shape than I was in high school doing weekly weigh ins on Wednesday since the 1st was on Wednesday I'm down to 200lbs
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 10:36:53 PM EDT
[#46]
I’ll throw my hat in.

Currently 6’1” 223-228lbs. (I drink about a gallon of water a day.)

I’m down from 330lbs, starting April of 2017.  I was on a pretty good pace till last year.  Ended up with an internal staph infection, requiring a 1.5in mass and umbilical hernia repair.  I was basically done with my weight loss at the end of June and didn’t get the clear to work out again till late fall.

According to navy measurements for body fat, I’m at 22%.

Weight loss goal:

205lbs.  After that I want to add 5-10lbs back on, doing the cut and bulk game between 200 and 210lbs.  I’ve lost significant strength from the fat loss over the years.  First year of dieting I loss 56lbs.  The second year and half was the next 54lbs.  It’s been a slow and steady game, this last 20-30lbs is going to be the worse.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 12:57:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Welcome everybody!

I hate seeing people say "I need to lose 15 lbs" or "I would like to be 195 lbs". I know goals are important but I don't think many people actually know what their end weight should be until they actually get there. You definitely can't base this number on what other people your height weigh.

I understand that body fat percentages are hard to determine but a goal of getting under 25% body fat for an obese person or under 20% for an overweight person would be much better than a scale number.

Getting to 15% or 10% for someone who has more appearance related goals is there too. 10% is very lean and most people (even people that workout) aren't 10%. Body fat distribution is different for everyone but if you can't see your abs, you're probably at 20% body fat. "Bulking" definitely isn't recommended if you are at 20% body fat.

The ability to run X distance at Y pace without stopping or running Z minutes at Y pace on a treadmill is something you can reach for and then possibly make the goal harder if you reach it.

Getting cholesterol under a certain amount or blood pressure within normal range could be useful goals as well.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 1:14:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Back when I decided I needed to get back in shape, I didn't really set a goal until I got my bathroom scale that does the body fat, muscle mass, weight, etc stuff and asked for a goal.  I had started out at 196lbs and had 26% body fat and set it at a goal of 175.  I hit 169 and got down at one point to 17% body fat.  I've evened off at 173 pounds with this mornings weigh in, and my body fat is at 18.6%.

My goals are just to get back in the gym and burn some fat on the elliptical and do some basic exercises to keep in shape.  Just turned 55 on the 7th and am the same age that my middle brother was just over 5 years ago when he had a fatal heart attack.  Losing him made me look at my own health and realize I needed to do something.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 1:30:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Welcome everybody!

I hate seeing people say "I need to lose 15 lbs" or "I would like to be 195 lbs". I know goals are important but I don't think many people actually know what their end weight should be until they actually get there. You definitely can't base this number on what other people your height weigh.

I understand that body fat percentages are hard to determine but a goal of getting under 25% body fat for an obese person or under 20% for an overweight person would be much better than a scale number.

Getting to 15% or 10% for someone who has more appearance related goals is there too. 10% is very lean and most people (even people that workout) aren't 10%. Body fat distribution is different for everyone but if you can't see your abs, you're probably at 20% body fat. "Bulking" definitely isn't recommended if you are at 20% body fat.

The ability to run X distance at Y pace without stopping or running Z minutes at Y pace on a treadmill is something you can reach for and then possibly make the goal harder if you reach it.

Getting cholesterol under a certain amount or blood pressure within normal range could be useful goals as well.
View Quote
I hear you.

The best shape of my life, in my 20s, I was always in the 175lb range. But, I was in the Army and ran 5 miles every morning and lifted during lunch when I could. No idea what my body fat was back then but I can assume it was around 10%.

This morning I was 205lb, which is what I have been the past few months. I am getting stronger, body is just now starting to change a little and I've had to buy all new clothes. Went from an XL in shirts and 38 in pants, down to a L in shirts and 36 in pants. So whatever I'm doing is slowly working.

Current supplements: BCAA, Protein, and a fat burner from Steel Supplements. I also take Fish Oil and a multi-vitamin from GNC.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 3:27:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Back when I decided I needed to get back in shape, I didn't really set a goal until I got my bathroom scale that does the body fat, muscle mass, weight, etc stuff and asked for a goal.  I had started out at 196lbs and had 26% body fat and set it at a goal of 175.  I hit 169 and got down at one point to 17% body fat.  I've evened off at 173 pounds with this mornings weigh in, and my body fat is at 18.6%.

My goals are just to get back in the gym and burn some fat on the elliptical and do some basic exercises to keep in shape.  Just turned 55 on the 7th and am the same age that my middle brother was just over 5 years ago when he had a fatal heart attack.  Losing him made me look at my own health and realize I needed to do something.
View Quote
Good point. Being in better shape should help us live a longer life than we would have. Yes, things out of our control may cut that life shorter than we'd like but that's no reason to not try and have a positive impact. I'd like to hope I'm setting myself up for better quality of life in old age if I get there. I want to be able to do physical activities around the house and with my hopefully one day grandchildren and great grandchildren.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top