Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 11:52:16 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I guess that could explain the placement, but it still not a good location to put them.  I ran out of gas in my Camero twice and that gauge was on the dash.

The impression given by the camaroz28.com admins who were part of the consumer focus group earlier this year is that the gas guage is on the dash.   Its other guages that are on the console...
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 11:55:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice.

I just had a sad thought though...

Didn't the first Muscle Car era end due to a fuel crisis?

It's a shame that prices have gotten so high, just as the line-ups were getting complete.

All we'll need is a Democrat govt. to set price ceiling on fuel soon, and the resultant shortages will signal an end of this new era.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:00:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I really don't like the retro design, they should have gone more modern.

+1 Move forward and design some new cool looking shit stop going back to the fucking past it's gone.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:01:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm seriously thinking about selling my 05 Mustang.

1. I think the Challenger looks better.
2. The Challenger is faster (stock).
3. The Camaro is coming out, which combined with #1 and #2 means...
4. The value of mine is going to drop like a friggin' rock, here soon.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:02:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 Move forward and design some new cool looking shit stop going back to the fucking past it's gone.

Some of us think the old shit looks better. Go jerk off on the hood of a Subaru, or an Audi, or something.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:02:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Nice.

I just had a sad thought though...

Didn't the first Muscle Car era end due to a fuel crisis?

It's a shame that prices have gotten so high, just as the line-ups were getting complete.

All we'll need is a Democrat govt. to set price ceiling on fuel soon, and the resultant shortages will signal an end of this new era.

That and liberal feel good legislation.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:03:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some of us think the old shit looks better. Go jerk off on the hood of a Subaru, or an Audi, or something.

Both doing way better than GM....
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:05:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I like the new generation of muscle cars.
Hate the ones that came under late 70 and until now.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:05:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Both doing way better than GM....

Good for them. I think their cars look boring.

Different strokes...
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:05:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

The new mustang is 10X better looking then the Challenger. I'd pick a new Mustang over the two.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:06:39 PM EDT
[#11]
ugly interior

I would love an all glass interior display panel.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:07:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

So, next year might be a good time to shop for an '05 Mustang?

I just love you new car chasers.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:07:54 PM EDT
[#13]
I had a Camaro. My folks drove it up from the Bahamas. Even had an Exxon credit card.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:08:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The new mustang is 10X better looking then the Challenger. I'd pick a new Mustang over the two.

The Mustang is the least attractive of the 3, in my opinion.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:09:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Semi-retro CRAP....

The thing has the aerodynamics of a fucking BRICK... HUGE rectangular nose, etc...

A huge step backwards from the 2002 model, in everything but the engine....

And the 60's 'retro' guages?

Excuse me, but the Camaro was a much better car from 1993-2002 than it was from 1969-1982....

God-damn baby-boomer pandering retro trash....

I'm sorry, but I just can't buy that shit... Make it look 'new fast', or don't make it at all....
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:10:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, next year might be a good time to shop for an '05 Mustang?

I just love you new car chasers.

I forgot to add reason #5:

I have a shit ton of money tied up in cars/bikes and I'm building a Jeep on top of it.

My income really doesn't justify having all of this money tied up in cars & bikes, even if it is all paid for. I need to let go of something before I start another project.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:11:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm secretly a Mopar guy. If I could afford one, I'd buy a 68 or 69 Roadrunner. It's my dream car, seriously.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:14:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Semi-retro CRAP....

The thing has the aerodynamics of a fucking BRICK... HUGE rectangular nose, etc...

Excuse me, but the Camaro was a much better car from 1993-2002 than it was from 1969-1982....

I'm sorry, but I just can't buy that shit... Make it look 'new fast', or don't make it at all....

I didn't like Mustangs at all until 05, and I never cared for Camaros after about 80.

The new Camaro looks fantastic. If they could flat out reproduce the 67 right down to the last bolt (problems and all), I'd buy one.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:14:54 PM EDT
[#19]
The Camaro went extinct in 2002 when they closed down the St. Therese plant in Quebec.  You can't bring a creature back from extinction.  

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:15:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm secretly a Mopar guy. If I could afford one, I'd buy a 68 or 69 Roadrunner. It's my dream car, seriously.

68-70 B bodies make my meat fat. See my screen name?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:17:11 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
68-70 B bodies make my meat fat. See my screen name?

Yep!

Nothin' finer.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:17:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Semi-retro CRAP....

HERETIC!

Also, the camaro came out in 67, not 69.

The real Dave (proud owner of a '69 RS/SS 396 Camaro)
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:17:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

The aerodynamics are not that bad on the surface.  You lose a lot more from trailing edge effects than leading edge effects.  Just glancing without doing any in depth analaysis (aero is not my forte anyway,  I'm a performance flight mechanics guy) I think they did an ok job controlling flow separation at the rear so the drag coefficient is probably not all that horrible.  It could probably be better but its probably nowhere near as bad as my truck...

I just realized too.  Thats supposed to be a V6 car and the Torque meter in the console goes up to 370 ft-lbs.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:19:06 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Semi-retro CRAP....

Coefficient of Drag.

Second Gen:  .412
Third Gen: .374
Fourth Gen: .340
Fifth Gen: Anywhere from .260 to .340 is floating around the internet

Im interested in a V6 model. Power is only a bit less than the current Ford Mustang v8.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:20:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Looks cool, but it will 2011 before the "market premium" price goes away and regular folks will buy one. I bet by then hybrids will be king.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:21:15 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I might be willing to trade my Trans am for that...maybe.

will you keep your mullet?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:25:53 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Coefficient of Drag.

Im interested in a V6 model. Power is only a bit less than the current Ford Mustang v8.

More than likely the V6 is the 3.6L DI V6 thats in the Caddy CTS.  ~300hp and ~275 ft-lbs of torque.  Torque may be beefed up slightly from that though...
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:28:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Coefficient of Drag.

More than likely the V6 is the 3.6L DI V6 thats in the Caddy CTS.  ~300hp and ~275 ft-lbs of torque.  Torque may be beefed up slightly from that though...

GM has beat Ford in the engine department for a while now (much to my chagrin).
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:30:08 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Yeah, but doesn't the Challenger R/T go for 40 large???  

While I'm a GM guy at heart, the Challenger is too much cash.  I think Ford got it right with the new Mustangs.  The GT stickered just over $30k, which made it reasonably priced and you got 300 ponies with it.  You gotta provide good product but also a reasonable price.  

I like the new Camaro but I'm not sure I'd get one ... I walk to work so I can't justify buying a car (ANY car) financially.

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:33:20 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

While I'm a GM guy at heart, the Challenger is too much cash.  I think Ford got it right with the new Mustangs.  The GT stickered just over $30k, which made it reasonably priced and you got 300 ponies with it.  You gotta provide good product but also a reasonable price.  

I like the new Camaro but I'm not sure I'd get one ... I walk to work so I can't justify buying a car (ANY car) financially.

Good point. I bought my 05 GT Premium for 27K (out the door, tax and all) with 8,000 on the clock. The previous owner was this guy in his late 40's who had a mid life crisis and decided he wanted a Mustang. 8,000 miles later he traded it for an Audi. I stepped in shortly thereafter.

I haven't checked in a few months, but it was selling for around $20k on Ebay (final price). It's probably going to drop quite a bit more, if it hasn't already.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:33:36 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And to that end...

If GM had anyone with any fucking brains whatsoever... this is what we would be drooling over right now.. with the obligatory MSpaint help..

Behold.. WHAT A CAMARO SHOULD LOOK LIKE!

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:34:45 PM EDT
[#32]
That thing better get 50mpg or it will be hard to feed with $10 a gallon gas in 2010.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:36:55 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

R/T models aren't out. Only SRT-8. The R/T will have the 5.7 Hemi, and will cost much less than the 6.1 motivated SRT-8. The SRT model has more performance modifications, which the R/T will not have. The R/T will likely be priced similar to the Charger R/T's.

The 5.7's are rated well north of 300 horsepower.

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:36:56 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And to that end...

If GM had anyone with any fucking brains whatsoever... this is what we would be drooling over right now.. with the obligatory MSpaint help..

i186.photobucket.com/albums/x203/rexydg/right.jpg

It doesn't matter if GM wanted to build a 100% repo '69 camaro, the .gov would never allow it.  Safety standards, rollover protection, airbags, anti-lock brakes, crumple zones, ect, ect, would screw up the original design.  What you end up with is the 2010 Camaro.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:37:31 PM EDT
[#35]
I've got the variable cylinder engine in my SS Trailblazer and it works.  I've learned to stay off the accellerator and I do get nearly 15-20% better economy.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:38:41 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
That thing better get 50mpg or it will be hard to feed with $10 a gallon gas in 2010.

My Mustang gets 27 on the highway, if I leave the cruise at 65. It's not fantastic, but I can live with it.

It gets around 15 if I flog the shit out of it for an entire tank.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I've got the variable cylinder engine in my SS Trailblazer and it works.  I've learned to stay off the accellerator and I do get nearly 15-20% better economy.

Run into any SRT-8 Cherokees yet?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:40:56 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My Mustang gets 27 on the highway, if I leave the cruise at 65. It's not fantastic, but I can live with it.

My full size truck gets 15 regardless of how I drive it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:42:24 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I had a couple friends with the old LS1 cars and 6 speed trannys.  They could get 28 on the highway so I'm thinking the LS2 with DoD and a 6 speed is going to be at least that good...
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:49:23 PM EDT
[#40]
The thing that bothers me about the 4.6 in my Mustang is it's strength. I don't mind that it's only 300 horse. I have no qualms about throwing a twin screw on it and going to town. My beef is, guys are breaking rods and cracking pistons (the top ring land is really close to the top) if they push it past about 450rwhp. I hate that I have to pull the motor and go with a forged rotating assembly to go any further.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:53:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Yes I will buy one to go along with my 89 and my 02
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:56:57 PM EDT
[#42]
might as well keep those things in the stable
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:57:23 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
The thing that bothers me about the 4.6 in my Mustang is it's strength. I don't mind that it's only 300 horse. I have no qualms about throwing a twin screw on it and going to town. My beef is, guys are breaking rods and cracking pistons (the top ring land is really close to the top) if they push it past about 450rwhp. I hate that I have to pull the motor and go with a forged rotating assembly to go any further.

SBC FTW..
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:58:04 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And to that end...

i186.photobucket.com/albums/x203/rexydg/right.jpg

It doesn't matter if GM wanted to build a 100% repo '69 camaro, the .gov would never allow it.  Safety standards, rollover protection, airbags, anti-lock brakes, crumple zones, ect, ect, would screw up the original design.  What you end up with is the 2010 Camaro.

I am sure they could figure it out if they WANTED to..
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:00:26 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Just throw in an '03/04 Cobra motor.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:03:57 PM EDT
[#46]
I like it.  The taillights are too "corvette" for me though and the rear body swail is a little too MOPAR for a chevy, but I like it.

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:04:30 PM EDT
[#47]
2008 Camaro!

2009 Camaro!!

2010 Camaro?

Aw fuck it we can't afford to make it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:05:58 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm told somebody out there has engine mounts to adapt the block.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:09:14 PM EDT
[#49]
I am the proud owner of 2 REAL 1973 Z28s and that car is going to look nice next them in my driveway!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:11:08 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm told somebody out there has engine mounts to adapt the block.

If an LS1 will bolt into a foxbody then a 4.6 dohc will go into '05+
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top