BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 9:10:56 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
YES DRILL SARGENT!  THE PRIVATE WILL MAX ALL (hopefully i can get in that good of shape) AND SCORE HIGH SHOOTER! (This I'm sure I can do)

don't forget to show your expert grenade badge off to all your buddies at your new unit.... they'll be impressed, seriously.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 1:37:11 PM EDT
[#2]
happy days.......... remembering the foot marches on a sweltering summer morning on Ft. Bragg..........I can see the Pogues falling out now
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 2:49:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
YES DRILL SARGENT!  THE PRIVATE WILL MAX ALL (hopefully i can get in that good of shape) AND SCORE HIGH SHOOTER! (This I'm sure I can do)

You might be disappointed.

I have had two trainees that already had Distinguished Rifle badges.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 5:13:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
GRUNTS

-Underwear is entirely optional at all times
-You have shit in the same bag you ate from.
-You put that bag into your Ruck next to your sleeping bag.
-You've shit in a hole more than a porta potty
-Every time you shit, you tell everyone everything about it.
-You go on missions with your fly undone so you can piss while pulling security.

-You have no problem running 5 miles drunk.
-You have no problem maxing a PT Test drunk.
-You have no problems doing a 12-mile foot march drunk.
-You have no problems but drinking problems, and you don't think it’s a problem at all.

-You would fight for a guy you barely know, as long as he's Infantry.
-You'd fight your best friend, even though he's Infantry.

-Monday morning formation should be taped and sent in to the Howard Stern Show.

-You know someone who has done the following:
1. Pissed themselves, shit themselves, puked on themselves.  No problems.
2. Killed a Haj.  No problems.
3. Played with the head of a dead animal or person, for points.  No problems.
4. Killed a case in between COB and last light.  No problems.
5. Ran for a few miles on a broken something.  No problems.

-You know that work is work and play is play.  No-holds-barred with either.
-You pride yourself on getting dirtier than any pogue, and somehow still end up looking better.
-You've done a PT test sick or injured and still scored better than 90% of any support unit.
-You wince when a pogue handles his weapon like a pogue.
-You know pogue dudes hate you because pogue chicks dig you.

-You know heroes.
-You know heroes that don’t care if they're heroes.

-Your buddies know all of your business, tell all of your business and when shit goes south they'll help you handle your business.
-Your squad does "the wave" after calling in close-air support.

-You got stopped in the airport by some fat security guard on the way home from OIF or OEF because your uniform had bomb residue or powder burns on it, and they treated you like a terrorist because of it.
-You've had a uniform taken away because it was so caked with blood and bodily fluids, it was considered biohazardous material.
-Your arms are so chewed up from IV needles (training and live) that you could be mistaken for a heroine addict.

-You use words like Roger in casual conversation.
-You say Roger when Roger could just mean you're having a really bad day.
-You say Roger when Roger could be just welcoming a really bad day.

-You can fall asleep absolutely anywhere.
-Your meals may consist of any of the following: stolen animals, chewing tobacco, hate, cold coffee, dry ramen, warm bottled water, energy drinks and rat-fucked MREs.

-You hear Kuwait, you automatically get the shits,
-You hear Iraq/Afghanistan, you say, fuck it dude, Round Two, Three, Four, whatever.

-You're hunched-over from too many rucks that out-weighed you.  You're deaf from demo breaches and hours spent next to a tube.  You always seem to be digging dirt out of your ears.  You've earned a bad complexion from too much time under greasepaint and sweat-dried-to-salt.  Fucked-up joints, compressed spine and fallen arches from too much running and jumping.  There are scars behind your ears from carrying logs and litters for PT.  
If needed, you would bleed on the flag so the stripes stayed red.

Using everything from knives and bare hands to mortars and machine guns... you're the sleepy-looking, blister-footed, camo-faced, sun-burnt, hungry, filthy, swearing sons-of-bitches that have fought so long to keep the wolves at bay.

Rock on brother good luck
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 5:37:44 PM EDT
[#5]
“There is nothing particularly glorious about sweaty fellows, laden with killing tools, going along to fight. And yet—such a column represents a great deal more than 28,000 individuals mustered into a division. All that is behind those men is in that column, too: the old battles, long forgotten, that secured our nation … traditions of things endured and things accomplished, such as regiments hand down forever … and that abstract thing called patriotism, which I never heard combat soldiers mention—all this passes into the forward zone, to the point of contact, where war is girt with horrors. And common men endure these horrors and overcome them, along with the insistent yearnings of the belly and the reasonable promptings of fear; and in this, I think, is glory.”
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 5:47:35 PM EDT
[#6]
B co 2/502 INF, "Scalded Apes"

Link Posted: 4/23/2008 4:06:50 PM EDT
[#7]
11Bravo , what all others wish they were  
Link Posted: 4/26/2008 12:03:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
GRUNTS

-Underwear is entirely optional at all times
-You have shit in the same bag you ate from.
-You put that bag into your Ruck next to your sleeping bag.
-You've shit in a hole more than a porta potty
-Every time you shit, you tell everyone everything about it.
-You go on missions with your fly undone so you can piss while pulling security.

-You have no problem running 5 miles drunk.
-You have no problem maxing a PT Test drunk.
-You have no problems doing a 12-mile foot march drunk.
-You have no problems but drinking problems, and you don't think it’s a problem at all.

-You would fight for a guy you barely know, as long as he's Infantry.
-You'd fight your best friend, even though he's Infantry.

-Monday morning formation should be taped and sent in to the Howard Stern Show.

-You know someone who has done the following:
1. Pissed themselves, shit themselves, puked on themselves.  No problems.
2. Killed a Haj.  No problems.
3. Played with the head of a dead animal or person, for points.  No problems.
4. Killed a case in between COB and last light.  No problems.
5. Ran for a few miles on a broken something.  No problems.

-You know that work is work and play is play.  No-holds-barred with either.
-You pride yourself on getting dirtier than any pogue, and somehow still end up looking better.
-You've done a PT test sick or injured and still scored better than 90% of any support unit.
-You wince when a pogue handles his weapon like a pogue.
-You know pogue dudes hate you because pogue chicks dig you.

-You know heroes.
-You know heroes that don’t care if they're heroes.

-Your buddies know all of your business, tell all of your business and when shit goes south they'll help you handle your business.
-Your squad does "the wave" after calling in close-air support.

-You got stopped in the airport by some fat security guard on the way home from OIF or OEF because your uniform had bomb residue or powder burns on it, and they treated you like a terrorist because of it.
-You've had a uniform taken away because it was so caked with blood and bodily fluids, it was considered biohazardous material.
-Your arms are so chewed up from IV needles (training and live) that you could be mistaken for a heroine addict.

-You use words like Roger in casual conversation.
-You say Roger when Roger could just mean you're having a really bad day.
-You say Roger when Roger could be just welcoming a really bad day.

-You can fall asleep absolutely anywhere.
-Your meals may consist of any of the following: stolen animals, chewing tobacco, hate, cold coffee, dry ramen, warm bottled water, energy drinks and rat-fucked MREs.

-You hear Kuwait, you automatically get the shits,
-You hear Iraq/Afghanistan, you say, fuck it dude, Round Two, Three, Four, whatever.

-You're hunched-over from too many rucks that out-weighed you.  You're deaf from demo breaches and hours spent next to a tube.  You always seem to be digging dirt out of your ears.  You've earned a bad complexion from too much time under greasepaint and sweat-dried-to-salt.  Fucked-up joints, compressed spine and fallen arches from too much running and jumping.  There are scars behind your ears from carrying logs and litters for PT.  
If needed, you would bleed on the flag so the stripes stayed red.

Using everything from knives and bare hands to mortars and machine guns... you're the sleepy-looking, blister-footed, camo-faced, sun-burnt, hungry, filthy, swearing sons-of-bitches that have fought so long to keep the wolves at bay.

FOR THE EVERLASTING GLORY OF THE INFANTRY

11M..'87-'91...11C..'91-'93
Link Posted: 4/26/2008 12:05:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
11Bravo , what all others wish they were  

INDEED!!

Link Posted: 5/11/2008 8:36:32 PM EDT
[#10]
What do you mean; I need underwear for this packing list SGT?
Link Posted: 5/12/2008 9:21:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Tag for use of a study guide
Link Posted: 5/12/2008 10:04:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Nice. After my stint as a BM3 in the Navy, I did a little bit as an 11B. God love the Infantry.
Link Posted: 5/23/2008 8:01:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

don't forget to show your expert grenade badge off to all your buddies at your new unit.... they'll be impressed, seriously.

DUDE! I got Expert rifle,<I fuckin' forgot how to spell missle!>(what is it called, rocket on the little link that goes under the expert tab?),AND grenade!

yeah,like that meant shit!
Link Posted: 5/26/2008 5:38:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/26/2008 6:29:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What about an expert mortar badge?
Link Posted: 5/26/2008 11:04:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What about an expert mortar badge?

Bwoaaaahhhhhaaahhhaaahhaa!

Seriously,11Bravo all the way!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:06:09 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
“There is nothing particularly glorious about sweaty fellows, laden with killing tools, going along to fight. And yet—such a column represents a great deal more than 28,000 individuals mustered into a division. All that is behind those men is in that column, too: the old battles, long forgotten, that secured our nation … traditions of things endured and things accomplished, such as regiments hand down forever … and that abstract thing called patriotism, which I never heard combat soldiers mention—all this passes into the forward zone, to the point of contact, where war is girt with horrors. And common men endure these horrors and overcome them, along with the insistent yearnings of the belly and the reasonable promptings of fear; and in this, I think, is glory.”

I'll admit, that brought a tear to my eye.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top