Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 9:17:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm,  I've been trying to figure out who Boomer worked for since he obviously is ignoring my questions.

Let's see.  Large multinational corporation.

Lots of employees in the Temple area.

Has "Crews" and "Drivers".

Goes to both motels.  (Temple does not have any "Hotels")

Is concerned about doing business in "Certain"  (Still waiting to hear back on that too) parts of town.

Apparently has the biggest redneck scumbags on the planet for fellow employees.

A history of obvious unsafe driving.  (tickets from here to Washington state)..

I've got it!  Boomer worked for Pizza Hut!!!
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 9:21:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
No, Eric, SOME of you Texans just can't handle some ribbing about Texas not being the paradise you delusionally believe it to be without taking offense and escalating it to this point. And now you've slunk down into a personal attack. How enlightening.
View Quote

[b]Ribbing about racism, Boomer?[/b] How small and pedestrian your mind must be to think that is the sort of 'ribbing' that anyone would or should take lightly nowadays!

Eric The(Serious)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 9:43:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Women x 10
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 11:42:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hmmm,  I've been trying to figure out who Boomer worked for since he obviously is ignoring my questions.

Let's see.  Large multinational corporation.

Lots of employees in the Temple area.

Has "Crews" and "Drivers".

Goes to both motels.  (Temple does not have any "Hotels")

Is concerned about doing business in "Certain"  (Still waiting to hear back on that too) parts of town.

Apparently has the biggest redneck scumbags on the planet for fellow employees.

A history of obvious unsafe driving.  (tickets from here to Washington state)..

I've got it!  Boomer worked for Pizza Hut!!!
View Quote

I'll be in Temple tomorrow so I'll check out who's there.  I'll ask around.  Maybe I'll find the two guys I asked directions last time.

BTW the two guys I asked were standing around talking...one was black and the other white.  

Racial problems seem to be in the mind of some folks who don't live there.  Projection maybe??
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 12:11:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey, if Pizza Hut wants to pay me $11K per month to deliver pizzas in Temple, where do I sign up? They probably wouldn't put me up at Gaido's on the seawall in Galveston and pay me $600 a day to sit on the beach, but sometime's a man has just got to make a few sacrifices. [;)]

Seriously, John, over the years here I've made no secret of who I work for. I was just discussing it in another recent thread. But for the myopic, it's the Burlington Northern and Santa Fe Railway Company. And my opinions regarding Texas were not formulated simply in Temple alone. I also worked in Galveston, Houston, DFW, Gainesville, Waco, Elgin, San Antonio, Sweetwater, Brownwood, Sommerville, and myriad locales in between.

It's news to me, and probably most others, that a single ticket in Texas and another Arizona consitutes "from here to Washington state". But hey, to each his own....

As for the hotel/motel/whatever thing, most of the rest of the world use the terms interchangeably. But if you really must know, it wasn't either one. It was an inn. One that I have heard has since burned down and insurance fraud was suspected. Maybe that'll narrow it down a bit and satiate your thirsty curiosity.

Eric, surely even you can see how a little ribbing/disagreement spawned into this. Contrary to continual assertions here, I don't buy that Texans are friendlier or any better people than those from most other parts of the country. When challenged, I simply provided the basis for that belief.

Arock, believe me, I don't go around turning over stones looking for racism. For the most part, I don't even really care. Which made my surprise at some of the levels of racism I encountered surprising in itself.

And guys, come one. Did I say that any of YOU are racist? I didn't think so. Why the offense?
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 3:01:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't post very often, but I've got to ask my fellow Texans to let it go. We all what a big, diversified state Texas is and frankly I don't give a rats patootie what others might think. Like my Texan daddy said "I don't pay attention to horse---- unless I step in it."
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 9:00:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Man, some people are assholes.

If you dont like Texas thats cool, just stay out of these threads and stop being a dickhead.

[;D]

Link Posted: 6/26/2002 9:09:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What would this country be without Texas?
View Quote

Humble?
View Quote

LMAO
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 9:56:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Boomer,  My posts fall into the category known as "Ribbing".  Perhaps you've heard of it? If it's good enough for us,  it's good enough for you.  
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top