BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 8:59:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Eric,
I voluteer for the Hun Farm Ground Crew, so let ole Tate know he's got a recruit.  I'm also available for "property enhancements" during the summer if you want to get ahead of the game.  I noticed that the outhouse is pretty trashed.  If it's not too far gone, I think it would be worth it to get it fixed up.  Would make cold, early morning BM's alot more tolerable in Oktober, he, he [:I].

It won't be the same w/o Mojo and Bunghole.  I wish you guys could find a way to come.

BTW, my fambly's got 200+ acres in Ranger TX that I go to all the time, so if you get the itch for "real" shooting (in others words, not the range) before October, we could plan a weekend thang.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:21:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:33:00 PM EDT
[#3]
So what's the consensus on training?

Patrolling?
Pistol manipulation?
Carbine manipulation?
Any suggestions?

Talk to me, people.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:36:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:41:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:42:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:43:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:51:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
explain Carbine manipulation please.
View Quote

Off the top of my head: carrying, presenting, aiming, firing, reloading, immediate action for stoppages, etc. of the AR-15 from a static position or on the move.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:55:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 10:11:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Patrolling?
Pistol manipulation?
Carbine manipulation?
Any suggestions?

Talk to me, people.
View Quote

I would like to suggest, "how to recover after a girl pours her drink on you" Training. But as you know, I need help with pistols...BADLY. Kinda know carbine stuff including trasition drills and such. Don't see much use for patrolling, unless it for patrolling for womenz [:D] So my suggestion would be pistola training senor.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 10:14:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Cool,
I'll sign up for that.
And what ever you can show on the Pistol manipulation.
View Quote

Well, no one wants to spend the entire time in classes, so it'll have to be narrowed down to something that can be done in one or maybe two hours.

Have you given any thought on Patrolling with nice paint ball war ?
View Quote

As a force-on-force exercise, that would be great, but not really as "Introduction to Patrolling." Know what I mean?
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 8:03:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Mojo,
Hopefully, the rattlers will be asleep in Oktober ;-)  

Jarhead,
Man, I'm just a sponge for that stuff.  I'll take whatever training you're willing to offer.  I think it's great that you're willing to share your knowledge.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 8:11:08 AM EDT
[#13]
BTW, Mojo, ilikelegs, whoever, let's go do that mini-shoot at my folks place in Ranger sometime.  I'll warn you, it's pretty hot out there this summer, so you'll have to be careful!  I'm headin' out there 2-nite to finish off my fireworks, and try to run some more rounds through my semi-virgin AR-10.  Won't have I-Net access to get on the board this weekend though. [:\]
I'm gonna show my dad a new use for small propane bottles while I'm there!  [}:D]

BTW, does anybody know where to get tracer rounds retail here/near in Dallas?
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 8:15:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Patrolling?
Pistol manipulation?
Carbine manipulation?
Any suggestions?

Talk to me, people.
View Quote

I'm up for any available training-
I've been through a bazillion courses already, but when I stop learning just put me in a hole and start throwing in the dirt!
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 8:30:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 8:35:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 8:41:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 8:42:47 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm gonna try to get to this one guys!  Heard the last one was a blast!  I'll bring my shiny new digital camera, and document everything... :)

Link Posted: 7/5/2002 9:03:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Jarhead mentioned instructing "Introduction to Patrolling".  That sounds real interesting to me.  And ETH's place has enough different terrain to make it worthwhile (hedgerows, open areas, scrub forest, river, hills etc).

Weapons handling we can get at lots of places but the HunFarm offers a unique opportunity for learning how to patrol.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 9:06:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 9:07:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Looks like I have to start pleading with FDNY to let me go again. I will try to make it plenty of time to start planning. Now Aimless Are you going to drive. I still can't fly and Texas is a Long way to drive by myself. If I have to I will. Going to MepQuest to check it out. Thats if I'm invited How about it Eric. Aimless I will send you E-Mail after I talk to my wife
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 9:11:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Hank...I'm really looking forward to you guys doing an event over your way.  Hope you can make it happen.  An event in the South would be a vacation with good folks and a good time thrown in!
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 12:59:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 6:38:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Hello all...I have been out for a week with my surgery....but Psyren and myself are already looking forward to OCT.....
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 6:44:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 6:48:36 AM EDT
[#26]
I can manage that......lunch maybe?
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 6:52:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 6:55:22 AM EDT
[#28]
affirmative
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 1:53:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Mojo,
I'm down there most weekends, even in the summer, but it is hot, and I'm ususally only able to shoot in the early morning or late afternoon.  You're welcome to come anytime including the fall and winter.  [;)]

Legs,
Yes, we now have AC in that house.  There's an 18,000 BTU unit in the back room, and a pretty good sized on in the front room (but I don't know how may BTU's it is).  The house was designed to be tolerable during the summer, so even w/o AC it's bearable, but I don't think I would want to be there in the summer with out it.

Hound,
If I get to come to the show this weekend, I'll bring your CD.  If I'm not, I'll give it to Keith.

Us w/o AC > [devil] [flame] [whacko]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top