User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 2:06:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 2:08:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Config. #2 or #3 work great for me.  I have been without an AK for too long.

Live Free
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 4:01:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Since my former fiance called off our wedding I've been a little uptight...  sorry
View Quote

Sorry about that. I'm kind of in the same boat. Now that, that has been settled...tell me more HR![beer]
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 4:16:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 12:43:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I dont know much at all about AKs. Could someone post pics of what each configuration looks like?

Im sure I have seen configuration, but I cant picture in my head what each one looks like.

Thanks

~kc
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 6:34:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm game for an Arsenal in 7.62, with the rail attached. As for the stock, I'd like it to be a wood stock, but only if it were of very high quality. If not, a synthetic stock would be fine. Have money now, so I'm really in....
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 2:22:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Agreed.  Some people get pretty intense here.  My self included.  I know you guys are slapping your name on this thing.  I was simply trying to make the point it should reflect American pride.  Then all of a sudden the flame war begins.  I am just as good as digressing into the flame pit if they want to go there.  But that wasn't my original goal!
View Quote

Whatever the terminology, it seems that you understood my intent at least.  I am a bit sensitive about people picking on the AK for all of it's flaws (accuracy, quality, ergonomics, manufacturer etc...) which are numerous indeed.  The rifle is generally misunderstood and lots of people that frequent this site tend to belittle a great rifle just because it wasn't made in the US and it won't group half as well as an AR.  It's main strengths are consistantly overlooked.  Strength #1 is reliability on a scale that is almost scary when compared to ANY other rifle out there.  Strength #2 is availability of parts and cheap cost.  Couple these two and you have a pretty potent package.  Also accuracy isn't as bad as many people would think.  If ergonomincs are a concern, then just follow some suggestions on the latest issue of Shotgun news and you will then have a very functional and efficient rifle that shoots a cartridge almost as cheap as a .22, but with a hell of a kick.  IMHO you just can't get more fun than that unless you want to pay the big bucks for NFA stuff...
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 7:40:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm in, is it going to look like this:
[img]http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/pics/0200/220.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 3:31:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Milled Arsenal, sight rail. SLR-95 "clone". Without the stupid thumbhole stock.

Pricing?

I had to drop off the LEGP 1911 because it wound up being a bit more for a Springfield than I wanted to pay. Hope this works out.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 6:18:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Any new info on this yet?  The suspense is killing me...lie to me, I don't care, just give me SOME new news!
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 2:52:08 PM EDT
[#11]
HR
How are things going? If she called it off then be happy she's gone. She couldn't have been the one for you.
As for the gun I'd like in. You got an FFL lined up for us upstate guys?
Gerry
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 3:50:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 4:23:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Hiram,
As for the ex-fiance...thank your lucky stars!  I've been in almost the same boat as you.  I was with someone I thought I loved, and she ended up cheating on me.  She was honest about it, and felt terrible.  We stayed together for a while, but I could not trust her anymore, so I called it quits.  Along came a beautiful woman that I am now married to (as of mid-November) and she is the one that actually got me into firearms!  Things have a way of working out!

BTW, my breakup was right during the holidays too....about four years ago now.  God, I'm glad I'm not married to her!

Good luck, and be thankful for what you do have!
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 5:58:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I vote for milled arsenal receiver, pistol grip, and wood furniture (although plastic will suffice).

Please, PLEASE: No @#$%& brake on this one!

Get this and I will be in.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 11:33:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I vote for milled arsenal receiver, pistol grip, and wood furniture (although plastic will suffice).

View Quote

Ditto!

Link Posted: 12/19/2001 8:02:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 11:37:52 PM EDT
[#17]
HR
I like the idea of a reasonably priced Arsenal 7.62 to get this started. I agree that we should start with the original configuration and then progress from there. As we know, there have been requests for 9mm and .308 versions of the original LEGPs. Maybe we can ad 7.62 to that list. Also, with the AK, we can start with the 7.62, then do to a 5.45 and even a .223 caliber as future versions. I appreciate the taking of opinions and polls, but feel there are too many cooks in the kithen. When do we close the ballots and make the decisions?  

Link Posted: 12/20/2001 12:14:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Ditto!

From what I've heard the SA-M7 brake is not terribly loud, works excellent and even does a good job of suppressing muzzle flash. You might want to reconsider.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 1:28:03 PM EDT
[#19]
I vote yes for the slant brake. If other than slant, I vote no. No matter which brake is or isn't decided upon, I'm still in.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 6:39:34 PM EDT
[#20]
This AK should be built with a high quality FEG stamped receiver. After all the AKM replaced the forged/milled receiver with a 1MM stamping and added reinforced pins. A stamped receiver is a more rugged receiver. A stamped receiver could allow the gun to be up to almost 2lbs. lighter than one built from a milled receiver.

I vote for the above with a slant brake, or bob the barrel and attach a fourth generation AK-74 style brake. For $600 this should be a very high quality gun with extras, otherwise it probably make better financial sense to buy an Arsenal SSR-85B or a SA-M7.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:21:21 PM EDT
[#21]
What's the status of the LEGP AK? Is there a finalized version and price yet?  
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 11:24:41 AM EDT
[#22]
SA-M7  Oh yeah, I want one even though I just picked up a Norinco. Just adding that I'll go for anything that's really well done. [^]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top