BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:19:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Banish the 3 of them.
View Quote

Which three? Surely you're not including TRG.

Malicious intent......yep sure was.....
View Quote

Oh, I'm sure Kelley will have us all believe hers was purely a social call to the dean. Yeah, right. A TROUBLEMAKER in the worst of ways.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:24:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Can't we all just get along?

HS
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:25:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Banish the 3 nutcases who caused hte problem by involving outsiders in this deal:  A-rock (Iraq?), organDONoR & KellyR.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:25:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Can't we all just get along?

HS
View Quote

Sure, just don't call anyone's place of employment.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:27:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:31:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Or lead the cops on  drunken goose chase....

JD...I was just kidding.  Screwing with someones job is a no-no.   I have a vague idea of what happened here, and it seems that one party should have contacted pic poster and all would have been settled.

Now, Im going to go mind my business while this thread grows like a wild fire.....

-HS
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:35:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:36:03 AM EDT
[#8]
[img]http://www.proofsheet.com/public_theater/caesar/image/229.jpg[/img]

TRG, how's your back......

Looks like a rough outing you had here.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:37:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
[b]Fact: When a persons employer becomes involved, a persons livelihood goes in jeopardy.

[i]AROCK rationalized this by saying it was not his job to chase around the photoshopper. Yet he spent time to find out who the webhost was. Spent time to find phone numbers. Also spent time researching what laws that will fall under this "violation"

On Kelleys part she, I believe, got caught up in the moment. And got into the "I'll show you" mental state. Really showed poor judgement.[/i]  

Fact: This became personal very fast.

[i]Everyone should've taken a step back. I know hindsight is 20/20. However, I have been alive for 35yrs now, and I have met a lotta of folks that in this situation. They would've stepped back to look at the big picture. Show good character and judgement. These are the folks I respect and trust[/i]

Fact: Yes, TRG went overboard during the rule 11 fiasco.

[i]Knowing TRG's personality. He did this without malice, but basically as a rib and protest against this rule. Unfortunately it was not taken lightly. Hindsight TRG should've backed off.[/i]

Fact: Trust has been broken.[/b]

Here's is my position:
Although I can understand and even forgive the actions of individuals involved. Afterall it got heated very fast. I can put myself into this. Don has been trying to contact me for days now, but I have not taken his call. This is due to the fact, that I am still steamed about this. Although this did not happen to me personally, I really feel betrayed. So I do not want to contact him for the fear that I will say something I will soon regret. My deal is for me to cool my head. My up coming trip to CA should do that.

Everyone should've taken a step back and chilled. Instead of jumping off the deep end.

Regardless of the intent, ones employer should've never been contacted. Repercussion due to that is very damaging, no matter the intent of the other party. Worse case would be termination. Next to worse case is being passed up for promotions or raises cause you are labeled a "trouble maker".

I am very dissappointed and feeling very hurt about this situation. You see, DonR, Jarhead_22 and TRG were the first folks to ever welcome me to the DFW area. I opened up my e-mail and there they were extending their friendship. From TRG inviting me to his party barn, Jarhead_22 taking me to my first gunshow, to DonR taking me to my first nudie bar. I gave each and everyone my trust.

When the DFW group slowly started getting together and friendships were established, I assumed everyone had the trust and loyalty that I had for everyone. To me it was like they were my extended siblings.

Then I find that someone I have trusted and considered my personal friend betrays another, it was a shock. Yes this happened with folks on the net. Well maybe for most of you guys. But I have been to these guys' houses. Ate dinner with them. Hung out with them.

Although I can forgive thier actions, I do not believe I can ever trust or respect Kelley, Don or Newman again.

View Quote

Well said.

TRG
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:37:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Well after being 'on the net' for well over a decade now, I can say I have seen/read it all, this situation is not a new or unique one.

It really seems that some people have no sense of humour.

After all it has been the 'unwritten' rule at ARfkom (and EVERY OTHER SITE I have ever seen where a a sense of friendship grows) that if a photo of you gets around it will be photoshopped.  Sure some will do it maliciously, some will do it to be funny, some just do it, if you dont understand that fact then you need to step back from the keyboard and unplug the modem.  

To take whatever is done in 'photoshop' to the non-net world is immature, petty, silly, and fucking stupid. In my mind it really goes to show the maturity level, or the lack thereof, of the person involved.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:43:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:43:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would like to iterject this:

If you read the title you will see this is about [b]Kelley and TheRedGoat[/b].

[b]It thread is not about Arock's actions or about DonR.[/b]

Those are separate issues and must not be linked to the discussion at hand.

Neither Arock nor DonR have accounts with which they can respond,so please,focus on the issues with Kelley.
View Quote

Ed they are so intertwined that it is so hard to differentiate them.....  
View Quote

Ed, you really cannot have a complete dicussion on this issue without including DonR and Arock. Both of them decided to get involved to different degrees.

I had extensive IM's with Arock and he was really intense regarding bringing Brian down. I asked him about this several times and in different ways and he always returned to his desire to bring down Brian.

We cannot separate Arock from this debacle.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:44:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I would like to iterject this:

If you read the title you will see this is about [b]Kelley and TheRedGoat[/b].

[b]This thread is not about Arock's actions or about DonR.[/b]

Those are [red]separate issues[/red] and must not be linked to the discussion at hand.
View Quote

So they played no part in calling police and employer on TRG? Their accounts were locked for different reasons?

Neither Arock nor DonR have accounts with which they can respond,so please,focus on the issues with Kelley.
View Quote

Would it be approipriate to unlock them so they can respond? Or do they not want to?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:46:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Fact: Yes, TRG went overboard during the rule 11 fiasco.

[i]Knowing TRG's personality. He did this without malice, but basically as a rib and protest against this rule. Unfortunately it was not taken lightly. Hindsight TRG should've backed off.[/i]
View Quote

Hell, the only people who weren't going off about the rule were the three parties who propogated this newest mess.  I think there were some who were OK with it, but a glowing majority were "up in arms" over it.  Me included.

I was on Arock non-stop as soon as he started the personal attacks.  I am amazed I am still here....

The rest of what you said is STELLAR!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:47:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:50:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:52:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Perhaps there are some threads that got locked and stashed someplace? Could they be put back on GD in locked form so those who missed them could get up to speed? Having part of a story, is no way to make a decision...
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:53:01 AM EDT
[#18]
what a bunch of thin-skinned babies

i can never imagine something like this happening to our crew(NY-LI) we can say or do anything to each other and its always understood its in fun, u people should be ashamed.
Jeez , Wave takes way more abuse than that.
I can never imagine him narcing to somebodys employer, Because someone photoshopped him.
Our conversations at Hooters are much worse than anything i saw posted.

Balzac & Hoplite make these guys look like choirboys
Give it a rest
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:55:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:55:57 AM EDT
[#20]
I sure don't know everything involved in this, but I think I've managed to gleen enough from this thread and others.
But, one doesn't have to know what's going on to look at the way it's being handled by the two parties in the title.  TRG has been exceedingly tolerant, while Kelly has started out with personal attacks.  SgtAR15 has mentioned people learning from their mistakes and being forgiven.  Well, it's obvious that this nutcase (Kelly) hasn't learned shit, doesn't think she made a mistake, and would likely act in exactly the same way again.  Pathetic.  The problem is, people like this are just as pathetic in real life.  We can remove them from our internet world, but unfortuntately there's no (legal) way to remove them from the real world.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:58:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Perhaps there are some threads that got locked and stashed someplace? Could they be put back on GD in locked form so those who missed them could get up to speed? Having part of a story, is no way to make a decision...
View Quote

FA.com has a thread in Rant describing the actions taken by Arock and KelleyR.

The images that were so offensive are in my AR15.com gallery.

TRG
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:04:05 AM EDT
[#22]

[b]Lordtrader[/b] has said it very well.

Hindsight is 20/20 but blah-blah-blah... people should have NEVER gotten so out of control with their emotions that they resort to causing REAL WORLD CONSEQUENCES with a man's employer. That is [b]BULLSHIT!!![/b]

Those who USED THEIR POSITIONS of authority on this board to get private information on a member and then USED that information - deliberately - to fuck up their livelihood should NEVER be trusted with any kind of power on this board ever again.

This was obviously an intentional, vindictive and well-thought-out attempt to really fuck up TRG's worklife by involving his Dean. If there was a problem with pictures posted on Full-Auto - the offended persons should have contacted [b]Tim[/b] to handle it. No, I don't believe the explanation that the action taken against TRG was "in the heat of the moment".

A person's character is revealed NOT when they feel everyone's patting them on the back but when they feel their back's against the wall.

The people responsible for this have revealed themselves to be petty, shallow, corrupt, vindictive, immature, irrational and utterly untrustworthy.

I love this board. But this has greatly hurt my trust in not only the member's behind this debacle, but the whole board too.

This is just the fucking INTERNET for God's sake!!!

If your panties get so wadded up because you see your spouse - who CHOOSES to be an outspoken participant in this board - getting razzed a little, then just [b][red][size=3] GET THE FUCK OFF THE BOARD AND GET A FUCKING [/SIZE=3][SIZE=5]LIFE!!![/SIZE=5][/red][/B][stick]

And DON'T use your postition of authority to "go after" a man's livelihood!!! Back in the good old days in Texas, they'd hang a man who fucked with another man's livelihood!

Fucking dumbasses.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:11:22 AM EDT
[#23]
DARN, I always miss the good stuff.

Let it go people, water under the bridge. We are all grown up's. Those involved should apoligize and forgive each other and go on.

Don't sweat the small stuff.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:28:57 AM EDT
[#24]
all this over a picture? i hope to hell it was worth it to ALL of you.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:32:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Tell that to KellyR & organDONoR.  What nutcases.

Hey Kelly, you didn't answer my IM?  Another chump move on your part I suppose.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:36:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Like most people on this board, I'm an outsider looking in. Since everyone is invited to comment whether they have a stake in this mess or not, I will say this; I've seen some pathetic, childish and irrational things happen on this board in the last 2+ years but this one wins the Blue Ribbon. I think that continuing to allow DonR, KelleyR and Arock  to have access to this site is poor judgement.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:38:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:50:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Like most people on this board, I'm an outsider looking in. Since everyone is invited to comment whether they have a stake in this mess or not, I will say this; I've seen some pathetic, childish and irrational things happen on this board in the last 2+ years but this one wins the Blue Ribbon. I think that continuing to allow DonR, KelleyR and Arock  to have access to this site is poor judgement.
View Quote

Sukebe, that sums it up pretty well for me.  It's disappointing to realize that you've completely misjudged somebody, even if you've never met them in real life.  It's really too bad that some friendships have been destroyed over something so stupid.  It's also inexcusable that anybody would take an internet squabble so seriously that they try to ruin another person's life and livelihood.

Sad.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:53:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Well said Campy, hope it was all well worth it. I dont have anything constructive to add, but DonR [;)]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:53:29 AM EDT
[#30]
I opened my heart and my home to everone on this board. I have always worked in the background to better this board. Not only to make this a home for men and women to find a common ground.

I never said that calling the Dean was the way to handle it. I did say it could have been handled differently.

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:56:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:58:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Kelly R:

No you did not work to make this a better place for everyone.  You did not take responsibility for your chump moves.  You did not take responsibility for acting like a chump.  You made excuses for acting like a chump and then got defensive when people called you on it.

You still don't get it.  Your still making chump statements.

Chump.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:58:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:02:05 AM EDT
[#34]
[devil][:(]

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:03:15 AM EDT
[#35]
I guess asking to see the pics would be out of the question?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:04:46 AM EDT
[#36]
KellyR,

You need to call Brian's Dean and apologize for getting him/her involved in the situation and to let him/her that you completely screwed up and Brian did nothing wrong in this situation whatsoever.

You then need to call Brian on the phone and personally apologize to him.  No excuses.  No attacks.  You screwed up, big time.  There is no excuse.

You should then never be allowed to post on ar15.com again.  Period.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:07:44 AM EDT
[#37]
To add something to this....in finland I was discussing with marcus about the attitude of this board and why he doesn't like any of the boards in Finland.....Because we are family and most of the time we treat each other as if we plan on seeing each other in real life and we want to be welcomed by them...two guys who I had never spoken to on this board came and got me and took me to the range....BECAUSE of the trust and friendship on this board. You want to screw that up? I recently took a public stance on some stuff and tried to make this a better place by shutting MY mouth. And my friends try to destroy friendship and trust. Damn if it was a loud-mouth like legs or an elitist like Eric, maybe I could have seen it, but Brian? A man who feeds everyone and tells them to come to his house and helps out all the time? He's about as offensive as a cocker spaniel. Let's bury this shit and go.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:08:50 AM EDT
[#38]
I keep seeing rule 11 mentioned. It was brought up originally as an excuse by KellyR. Rule 11 I believe was the product of arock & company as a method of protecting some chickie from DFW that posted her pic. He was imho trying to protect th girl from the photoshop gods. I recall him threatening members accounts. That's when I think this stuff started. That is why rule 11 was a bad idea to begin with and why it's gone now. The overwhelming majority knew it was stupid.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:08:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Well,I think the Ball is in Kelley's court now. She can either own up to what she did was wrong on her part by calling Brian's boss. And for not getting in touch with Brian in the first place and handling this better. I think that until Kelley realizes what she did was wrong. This will not be settled. [red]Kelley [size=6]has[/size=6] apologized to everyone else about this.[/red] But has yet to apologize to the one person she tried to destroy. And that would be Brian. You can't tell me that just because you call someones work to even just talk to their boss isn't going to cause problems whether they were intentional (sp) or not. Own up to your mistakes Kelley so that this can be resolved!

Mona
View Quote

Huh? Did I miss something? When did she apologize to us? (I noticed she has been editing her posts...)
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:08:56 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm still to pissed to post what I really feel.

Hope things are going well for you Brian and Keith.

My friends.

TXLEWIS
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:09:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Mona,

KellyR has not apologized.  She has not taken responsibility for her chump moves.  After reading her posts, it is obvious that she feels like the victim here.  She has not gotten the message.

Remember, she could have done this crap to ANYONE on the net who reads and posts while at work.  She just happened to pull her chump moves on TRG & ILIKELEGS.

I thought people here where of hte "stand up and take reponsibility for your actions" mold.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:10:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quite honestly it has been demonstrated that there is no remorse.

"Uh, I fucked up.", is not really acceptable.

"That's not the way I should have handled it.", is two days late and could have been a lot of $$ short -- for Brian anyway.

Can you imagine if he had lost his job?

Those are consequences measured in life or death in some people's mind.

All three should be gone.....I thought maybe they could save face, but now that I see first hand the "pity party" being thrown for the perp, by themselves, I see it is a lost cause.

Gone.  Enough time taken on this matter -- really.

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:11:14 AM EDT
[#43]
some of you seem to think photoshopping someone else's image is just fine and dandy. other folks do not.

i see a definite failure to comprehend that fact.

i've read every rationalization that has been posted for the photoshopping of someone else's image and it's just that...rationalizing.

then, people get upset when one of the offended parties take it to the "real world". not everyone wants to be photoshopped. sometimes that "real world" will jump out and surprize you.

me? i could give a fuck about my ugly mug, but don and kelley obviously felt strongly about the issue.

yeah...it's 'just' the internet. keep telling yourselves that.

again, i'll ask the question...was it worth it? was it worth getting people fighting? was it worth it to see friends going at each other's throats? was it worth it to have a man called on the carpet by his boss?

just to poke fun at a man? just for a few yuks?

well? was it?

i hope everyone got their jollies out of this one.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:12:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I keep seeing rule 11 mentioned. It was brought up originally as an excuse by KellyR. Rule 11 I believe was the product of arock & company as a method of protecting some chickie from DFW that posted her pic. He was imho trying to protect th girl from the photoshop gods. I recall him threatening members accounts. That's when I think this stuff started. That is why rule 11 was a bad idea to begin with and why it's gone now. The overwhelming majority knew it was stupid.
View Quote

USP40Girl didn't mind being photoshopped at all. In fact, the pics in question (of DonR, that were never really posted) were never photoshopped. So Rule #11 would not have applied.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:13:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:14:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Banish the 3 of them.
View Quote

Which three? Surely you're not including TRG.

View Quote

Of course not. arock, donr & kellyr.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:16:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Seems we all here believe in "Due Process".

I just got off the phone with DonR. I'd like to see his account unlocked, and allow him to respond in this post. We are not hearing one side of the story.........
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:18:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:21:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:22:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Rule 11 is no stupider than photoshopping is. Think about it a minute. It's juvenile.....And this time it caused some harm to all concerned.......and to the board.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top