Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 3:05:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Way, way, WAY too funny! ROTFLMFAO!
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 7:23:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Treeop said about his butane torch, "Me: "It couldn't have happened by itself. It was turned off, with the adjustment an minimum. It's now on at full blast, where I've never had it before!"

I'm not familar with this torch. So I don't know how it could have been not only turned on but ignited! Does this have an automatic ignition switch? How many actions do you have to perform to get this thing flaming?

View Quote

4 separate actions.
1) The cap has to be removed in order for the on/off switch to freely move to the "on" position.
2) The switch must then be clicked from the "off" position to the "on" position. It's like a safety selector..
3) The gas must be adjusted from minimum(off), where I keep it, upwards to allow butane to flow from the resevoir to the tip.
4) The ignitor button, opposite the on/off switch, must then be clicked to ignite the flow of butane in the tip.

Seriously, I was shocked that the woman got it lit. She must've just been fooling with every combination of controls before tossing it back in on top of my mail.

Link Posted: 6/27/2002 7:50:53 PM EDT
[#3]
TREETOP,

Funny story indeed.[:D]

I wouldn't give up anything that said Snap On or Blue Point on it either.

You did good.

You have a good woman, but you already knew that.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top