Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 4:50:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm in for either July 27th or August 10th.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 8:53:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Bunghole!  Glad to hear you might make it!  Check out the vote over in the Meetings & Events forum.  The 10th is winning so far!  I want to have the date decided by the middle of next week.  I'll add you to the email list.  It's up to 46 people so far!  
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Perhaps we should head into town Saturday night. I have't been to 6th street in quite a while.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 1:03:36 PM EDT
[#4]
For us out-of-towners what's a good convenient place to stay?  May not be the Ice House but if there's a bar??...
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 9:17:06 PM EDT
[#5]
As for where to stay... Check out Mapquest.. I think it has listings for hotels and stuff... and can show you the proximity to the location.  Check the website in my sig, the address of the range is on it.  It's basically NW of Austin, so anything in NW Austin will work.

We'll have to get some suggestions on where we can go after the shoot.  It would be nice to probably hit a restaurant for dinner, then we could find a bar or something.  Suggestions will be taken and put up for vote!!

M@
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 10:08:18 PM EDT
[#6]
One vote for Fonda San Miguel for dinner.

[:D][:D][:D]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 9:14:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I would suggest one of these two places, because they are both about 10 - 15 miles away.  The Holiday Inn Express is pretty new.  I haven't stayed at either place, so caveat emptor:

Holiday Inn Express
600 S San Gabriel Village Blvd
Georgetown, TX
(512)868-8555

La Quinta Inn
333 N IH 35
Georgetown, TX
(512) 869-2541  

These two are right along I-35 in Georgetown.  From here, you could take Williams Drive (FM 2338) west to Andice.  Take a left when you get to Andice and you will get to 183.  Turn right (north) on 183 and you will soon get to Tony's Guns and Range.

Someone should call for a group rate during business hours when a manager is on duty.  

There are restaurants near these hotels.  You could even walk (or crawl) back to Holiday Inn from Chili's or Applebee's.  I think Chili's may be open later than Applebee's, and they have a separate bar area from their main dining area.

Chili's Grill & Bar
400 N Ih 35
Georgetown, TX
(512) 930-7880  

Applebee's Neighborhood Grill
350 N Ih 35
Georgetown, TX
(512) 863-4762  

Sorry, that's about all Georgetown has to offer.  Since there aren't any restaurants very close to the range, grilling lunch out there would be a great idea.

If you can handle driving another 10 miles to and from the restaurant for dinner, there are a few better selections in Round Rock on I-35 and FM 3406:

Chuy's (Mexican food)
Johnny Carino's (Country Italian)
Saltgrass Steakhouse
Bennigan's

Of those, I would guess that Chuy's would be the most accomodating to a bunch of rowdy shooters.  It's a pretty laid-back place, they are open late, and they have a large bar area.  Saltgrass has pretty good steaks (especially their center-cut filet), but their bar area is cramped.  I'm not sure about Bennigan's.

Given all of that, the most practical combination would be Chili's and Holiday Inn Express.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 3:20:29 PM EDT
[#8]
The 10th is the day!  

I'll add the above information for the hotels and such for those that want to stay overnight.  Check the website for frequent updates!

M@
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 10:41:13 PM EDT
[#9]
There are three brand new motels in Cedar Park, straight down 183. it's going to be about 10 miles closer than Round Rock and about the same distance to Georgetown. Ft Hood/Killeen area is also about 15 miles. Lots of motels there.

Cedar Park also has a Texas Land and Cattle,
A really good Mexican place whose name escapes me, Shades and Chili's (pretty much identical) Denny's, and Bubba's Ice House ( beer, chicken fried steaks) grocery stores and a super Walmart also. All the usual drive thru stuff.

I'd like to point out however, that Round Rock has Hooters and Penthouse Men's club.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:51:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top