BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:49:31 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
stay out all night drinking and partying with prostitutes. To the Japanese, it's the American men who are the ones who cannot "let their balls hang out"!

If a Japanese man was married to an American woman and he "let his balls hang out" like that the bitch would cut them off.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:54:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:56:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Im English and i have my own national identity too!!

Okey doke.

Please refrain from speaking about Americans then, please refer to each individual by their state of origin it's only fair.

America is One big country.....

Wales Is a country....
Scotland is a country...
Northern Ireland... is complicated,

England is definatley a country!!

James

No kidding? And if the patriots in Scotland ever got their act together, so would the Highlands...
But THAT's another thread

How is Northern Ireland complicated??
For your information, Northern Ireland isn't even part of Britain.

It's also true that people here have a  "bemused" view of the US with all your guns.
Personally I don't have a problem with it. And it's also true that the majority of those same people think that all guns are banned here....even some police I've met , but don't go and compare all of us to what that idiot said at the beginning of this thread.
We're not all like that

Mark
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:58:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
stay out all night drinking and partying with prostitutes. To the Japanese, it's the American men who are the ones who cannot "let their balls hang out"!

If a Japanese man was married to an American woman and he "let his balls hang out" like that the bitch would cut them off.

And best be careful, might cut off his dick without seeing it.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:37:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Not everyone in the UK is a clueless sheeplike twit folks. I've personally met Brits who think the gun control laws and etc. they suffer under are just as dumb as we know them to be. The fact that British people and other folks from the 'Old World' visit this board should be proof enough that like-minded people live over there. Unfortunately their popular culture is even more dominated by the left than ours ever was. And their systems of government aren't set up to protect the rights of the minority.

There is no Electoral College in Great Britain or any European country. The city dwellers rule the roost almost without exception. And their constitutions weren't written with the preposition in mind that government is a necessary evil. They were written with the idea that government is good and beneficial to all. These are just a few reasons why things are like they are over there. We are damned lucky to live in a country where the system isn't set up merely to enforce the tyranny of the idiot majority. Britains, Germans, and etc. have no such luxury.

But free thinking individualists do live there despite this situation. Writing off every UK citizen as an endoctrinated twit like the author of the article isn't realistic.

Galland
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:55:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Im English and i have my own national identity too!!

Okey doke.

Please refrain from speaking about Americans then, please refer to each individual by their state of origin it's only fair.

America is One big country.....

Wales Is a country....
Scotland is a country...
Northern Ireland... is complicated,

England is definatley a country!!

James

No kidding? And if the patriots in Scotland ever got their act together, so would the Highlands...
But THAT's another thread

How is Northern Ireland complicated??
For your information, Northern Ireland isn't even part of Britain.

It's also true that people here have a  "bemused" view of the US with all your guns.
Personally I don't have a problem with it. And it's also true that the majority of those same people think that all guns are banned here....even some police I've met , but don't go and compare all of us to what that idiot said at the beginning of this thread.
We're not all like that

Mark

Umm..dear? *I* never said it *was* complicated....
FTR it was one of your own countrymen who did...
N. Ireland may NOT be part of *Britain* but it is certainly part of the UK...and whether the Irish, Scot or Welsh people LIKE that being lumped in with the Brits or not, that's the way it is.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:09:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The sheer amount and power of some weapons went way and beyond "personal protection" needs.  

Hmmmmm

I thought we taught them that lesson a long time ago

Germany needs to attack NOW, they mis-timed the Battle of Britain by only 65 years.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:15:13 AM EDT
[#8]

N. Ireland may NOT be part of *Britain* but it is certainly part of the UK...and whether the Irish, Scot or Welsh people LIKE that being lumped in with the Brits or not, that's the way it is.

I know you didn't say it, but it was easier to reply to your post than the other one.

And I know about the other part as you state, I was just being pedantic.

Thing is, like most things here, even the British think N.Ireland's part of Britain

Mark

PS, if you keep on "lumping" us Irish in with the Brits, then I might just have to lump all of you in with the Canadians
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:18:20 AM EDT
[#9]
I stand corrected Mark,

James

Loyal subject of Her Majesty
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I know you didn't say it, but it was easier to reply to your post than the other one.

Thing is, like most things here, even the British think N.Ireland's part of Britain

Mark

PS, if you keep on "lumping" us Irish in with the Brits, then I might just have to lump all of you in with the Canadians

We were here first and we're much more prominent; therefore, you'd start lumping Canadians in with Americans.

Quoted:
I stand corrected Mark,

James

Loyal subject of Her Majesty the world's most famous inbred, unemployed person who holds no actual position of power in any government, British or otherwise

Fixed for you.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:54:03 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Mark

Wait wait...apple meet orange. Canadians have no input whatsoever on what happens on American Soil.
As far as I know, Elizabeth is STILL the queen on England, Ireland and Scotland and Wales...

I would not be so foolish as to lump an Irishman with the Brits BUT the fact still remains that Ireland is ruled by England.

And had ya'll come aboard with the new pretender in 1745 at Culloden, you might have had a more, er, Gaelic contingent than you do now!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:09:27 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Wait wait...apple meet orange. Canadians have no input whatsoever on what happens on American Soil.
As far as I know, Elizabeth is STILL the queen on England, Ireland and Scotland and Wales...

I would not be so foolish as to lump an Irishman with the Brits BUT the fact still remains that Ireland is ruled by England.

And had ya'll come aboard with the new pretender in 1745 at Cullodden, you might have had a more, er, Gaelic contingent than you do now!

England, Wales and Scotland, Yes.
Ireland??? Republic of Ireland...definately not.
Northern Ireland...as far as I'm concerned, that's an occupied territory
It will change though....in time. And that's what the Loyalists are worried about.
It's only just over 50% of the population that is loyal to the Crown.
50% of a population that pledges their allegiance to a Nation that doesn't give a shit about them.
N.Ireland has pretty good gun laws. So does the Republic of Ireland.
It's only mainland Britain that has it's head stuck up it's own asshole.

Mark
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:51:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
LenS?

Did you take a Brit to Wades?

NOT guilty! As my IM will tell you, I didn't attend the MVP Summit, haven't been to WA since 2001. If I did, you would have heard from me asking for another AR15 shoot!

This guy (MVP) is too ridiculous to even think about. I think his pea-brain was pickled . . . many of the MVPs used it as a 4-day drunk fest.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:33:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Mark

OUCH....nice retort....while you're at it why not Mexican's, too.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:28:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Hmmm, it's illegal in WA for a furriner to touch a gun unless s/he has an Alien Firearms License--the hardest part of getting that is getting the Homeland gov't to cooperate...
(And once they have the AFL it's simple for them to get a WA Concealed Pistol License.)
Used to see guys from the Brit Consulate at WSI all the time.  

Gawd, if this dweeb knew he was breaking the law, they'd probably've had to mop up after him!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:50:36 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And had ya'll come aboard with the new pretender in 1745 at Cullodden, you might have had a more, er, Gaelic contingent than you do now!

It will change though....in time. And that's what the Loyalists are worried about.
50% of a population that pledges their allegiance to a Nation that doesn't give a shit about them.

Mark

As far as you're concerned??? Ah...well...unless you're the new Irish President, it does not mean much. Many countries on this earth are ruled by those that the people do not recognize...but unless the people overthrow the rulers, they are STILL under their rule.
<shrug>

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:06:09 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Hmmm, it's illegal in WA for a furriner to touch a gun unless s/he has an Alien Firearms License--the hardest part of getting that is getting the Homeland gov't to cooperate...
(And once they have the AFL it's simple for them to get a WA Concealed Pistol License.)

Gawd, if this dweeb knew he was breaking the law, they'd probably've had to mop up after him!

Really, even if renting/borrowing a gun like at Wades?

Please provide a cite to WA law?

If that is so, I can "tweak" (sorry, no offense to our Tweak) this jerk with the fear of God when he returns to WA for the next Summit . . . could almost guarantee that he'd delete his drivel for fear that the WA LE will nail him the next time his dumb ass hits the state line! It'll be a lot of fun to terrorize this jerk! Since I'm an MVP, I can make some inquiries to ID the guy and send him a "friendly warning" that his blog is a self-admission to a very serious crime against the state of WA (there goes his Visa for any subsequent trips to the US).
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Sorry to further the highjacking of this thread but.....

Do Wales and Scotland have their own Parliaments?

Do they owe any fealty to the House of Lords or the House of Commons?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 12:33:43 PM EDT
[#19]
ahhh I can even explain how I feel, but not good....
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:47:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Author responds!

www.coolsmartphone.com/news1805.html

Sent: 04 October 2005 05:46
Subject: Web Form Results - CoolSmartPhone Enquiry

About - your visit to a shooting range

your article has appeared on a gun forum in U.S. as a gun owner i take my children shooting all the time.once you get into rural america it is not uncommon to kids out shooting in this country.it is our heritige and our (right)to own weapons including the(intense)ones. i have about about 6 of those(so called assualt rifles)none of my nieghbors think this is abnormal as most of them hunt and shoot also. not a rant against you personally but many americans think england has become a nation of (sheeple) led by worthless idiots who are always looking for something new to(ban).from what i hear its those dangerous (assualt steak knives)on your kitchen table thats next. i truly feel sorry for you as you have become a slave but havent figured it out next.

www.falfiles.com
  www.akfiles.com

come check it sometime we even have a few aussies and brits as members.i will say one last thing,im glad my family left scotland a long time ago so i dont have to put up with a load of crap that you do.

bill henry
Oct-04-2005

So, I've replied to Bill and I wanted to put the reply in this blog. Here it is...

---------------

Yeah I saw that. For a Brit it's a fairly shocking thing as we've never, never ever, ever, come across a gun. Even on a trip to the USA we wouldn't think of going to a gun store. What I was trying to portray in my blog post, which I'll hope you'll understand and pass on, is that I can understand why they're valued so much in the States. People must understand that there's really hardly any other country in the world that allows guns to be so freely carried around like that, or sold, or used in that manner. So for a group of Aussies and Brits to see them in action is a bit awe-inspiring and a bit shocking. Looking back on it, a child shooting a gun isn't that much different to a kid on an X-Box shooting a gun, however the kid in the firing range is gonna see a LOT less blood and guts than they would in the gaming world.

Imagine it though, if you had grown up and lived all of your life where large knives are banned, where there are no guns, where people don't have them in their houses, cars or anything like that. Where people don't go hunting. To then go to another country where you can just walk in and use - or even just SEE them .. Imagine it... We've never SEEN them, never. Not at all.. Only in films.. They don't exist here, there are none. The police don't carry them usually and there are no gun shops. So to see one is like seeing a naked woman for the first time or something! :) Heheheheh.. It's like driving a car for the first time.

I don't want people to think that I'm "dissing" the US. I love the people and I love how positive people are in America, and yeah, I do hate how sometimes the UK Government ban things. But hey, Governments are crazy. When I was in the US I couldn't find out how strong the beer was that I was drinking - it just told me how many CALORIES were in it?! Why do I need to know that? Why is there "light" beer? Drink proper beer! :)

So, to sum up, I wrote that blog a few hours after visiting Earles Gun Store. I was a tad excited and couldn't stop telling people how great it was, but at the same time I'd never seen anything like this before in my life - so yeah, seeing some kids, families and .. Well, anyone, going to a firing range and for me - as a foreigner - to be given a gun and live ammo so freely on a Saturday afternoon is a bit weird for us - maybe a bit shocking. But hey - I'm glad as f**k that I went and so glad that I met all the guys in the range. I chatted to the guy with his kids - he was a normal, usual guy and in the end I figured.. Well, this is really no worse than back in the UK - some parents smoke around their kids and leave them sitting at home watching TV all day. At least this guy was spending an afternoon with his kids and they were happy as sh*t too!

Slave ? No. It's being taken out of one environment and put into another. That's all. After saying, "Wow, this is a bit weird" I was saying, "F**k me, this is f**king fantastic!". If you're responsible enough and intelligent enough then there's no reason why not. I'd go back tomorrow and do it again, and I can tell you what - I wouldn't be thinking the same things or judging people the same way again. It's a f**king excellent passtime and I'd love to come over there and join you guys if I could. That 44 Magnum kicked ass! :)

Oh, and feel free to post this into the http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=395422 forum, as I know the guys there have been less than friendly toward my original comments. I'm not sure how they found them, but it was my original reaction to it so I'm gonna leave this original post up,  then put this email on as my next blog post - which should be online here shortly. http://www.coolsmartphone.com/blog1805.html

Oh, and come back to Scotland for a visit - we'll go for a pint! :)

----
Leigh Geary (Gears)
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:56:04 AM EDT
[#21]
for the record Leigh, I'm glad you had a good time, it's that the phrases I put highlighed in bold are the same arguments we US gun owners hear all the time, used against us, in an attempt to ban our firearms.  We just had a federal ban expire last year, and some states have firearm bans in place.  We're especially vigilant in keeping our right to keep and bear arms.  Sometimes we get riled up.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:21:40 AM EDT
[#22]
This guy is a backpedaling pussy.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:39:50 AM EDT
[#23]

The police don't carry them usually and there are no gun shops.

Err, arn't Heathrow airport police armed? Also, no gun shops? Where do the UK members of this forum buy thier rifles?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:53:07 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really, even if renting/borrowing a gun like at Wades?

Please provide a cite to WA law?

If that is so, I can "tweak" (sorry, no offense to our Tweak) this jerk with the fear of God when he returns to WA for the next Summit . . . could almost guarantee that he'd delete his drivel for fear that the WA LE will nail him the next time his dumb ass hits the state line! It'll be a lot of fun to terrorize this jerk! Since I'm an MVP, I can make some inquiries to ID the guy and send him a "friendly warning" that his blog is a self-admission to a very serious crime against the state of WA (there goes his Visa for any subsequent trips to the US).

---------------------------------
RCW 9.41.170
Alien's license to carry firearms -- Exception.
(1) It is a class C felony for any person who is not a citizen of the United States to carry or possess any firearm, without first having obtained an alien firearm license from the director of licensing. In order to be eligible for a license, an alien must provide proof that he or she is lawfully present in the United States, which the director of licensing shall verify through the appropriate authorities. Except as provided in subsection (2)(a) of this section, and subject to the additional requirements of subsection (2)(b) of this section, the director of licensing may issue an alien firearm license only upon receiving from the consul domiciled in this state representing the country of the alien, a certified copy of the alien's criminal history in the alien's country indicating the alien is not ineligible under RCW 9.41.040 to own, possess, or control a firearm, and the consul's attestation that the alien is a responsible person.

When I was an alien (horns, green blood, tentacles and all that...) as mentioned previously, the hardest part was getting the documentary evidence from England that I had no criminal history.
Its just not possible, there is no such thing as a certification of lack of criminal history.

After discussions with the police where I used to live, and the WA licensing director, who, BTW turned out to be a fairly flexible sort of person -- nice to find one of them in governement, the mutually agreeable solution was that the UK police would send me a letter basically saying that a they had no knowlege of any criminal history on my part -- not the certification required by WA law, but enough for the licensing director to issue me my license.

There is an expetion to get around this sort of problem, but only for people resident in the state (which I was not):

----------------------
(2)(a) Subject to the additional requirements of (b) of this subsection, the director of licensing may issue an alien firearm license without a certified copy of the alien's criminal history or the consul's attestation required by subsection (1) of this section, if the alien has been a resident of this state for at least two years and: (i) The alien is from a country without a consul domiciled within this state, or (ii) the consul has failed to provide, within ninety days after a request by the alien, the criminal history or attestation required by subsection (1) of this section.
----------------------
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:57:23 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
for the record Leigh, I'm glad you had a good time, it's that the phrases I put highlighed in bold are the same arguments we US gun owners hear all the time, used against us, in an attempt to ban our firearms.  We just had a federal ban expire last year, and some states have firearm bans in place.  We're especially vigilant in keeping our right to keep and bear arms.  Sometimes we get riled up.

+1

OK guys, his anti-gun bias wasn't intentional.  You know how we are always getting mad when the media, certain politicians, certain celebrities (who somehow think their opinion is somehow important), etc. etc. sensationalize, slant things, and even outright lie for their anti-gun, anti-self-defense, anti-freedom philosophy?  Well this situation here is exactly why I get mad, because sometimes this is all the exposure the average Joe gets to firearms, and they start out spewing the same old shit over and over again without knowing any better.  I have lost count of the number of people in the past where I have used logic, experience, and the truth to open their eyes regarding the reality of the relationship of firearms to freedom and the ridiculousness of the anti-gun BS.  Count this guy as one more for the good guys.  I was real pissed when I first read his little article.  But at least he was man enough to admitt that he has re-thought his position.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:07:24 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

The police don't carry them usually and there are no gun shops.

Err, arn't Heathrow airport police armed? Also, no gun shops? Where do the UK members of this forum buy thier rifles?

After the Juy bombings, its a lot more than HEathrow police that are armed and AFAIK most airports have their own permanent armed contingent since September 11th.

I drive past two gunshops on the way to/from work every day.

/PHil
(Welshman, and for some odd reason, loyal subject of her majesty)
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:11:34 AM EDT
[#27]
We hosted some lads from the Royal Air Force and a few of them loved browsing through local gun shops.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:28:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Dammit, now I want the biggest shiniest .44 magnum I can find.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:45:24 AM EDT
[#29]
There are some folks that "don't get out much" amongst the MVPs!

If you don't use airports much, you don't see what's going on there. Personally, I haven't been at an airport since the Fall of 2003 and if I never step foot in another one, I'll be a happy person. I don't like the invasion of privacy that the bozos from TSA invoke to give the sheeple a false sense of security. [I had no problem with the security at Israeli airports, because of the level of intelligence that went into it and the way they go about it. The contrast is stark!]

Many MVPs are rather on the young side, at the last MVP Summit I attended the youngest MVP in attendance had to bring his Father with him because the hotel wouldn't rent a room to him alone . . . he was 13 years old!

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:48:26 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mark

Yep, you could take an AR 30 into the country and snipe for money and take it home with you later that day with a nice big check.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:54:49 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

RCW 9.41.170
Alien's license to carry firearms -- Exception.
(1) It is a class C felony for any person who is not a citizen of the United States to carry or possess any firearm, without first having obtained an alien firearm license from the director of licensing. In order to be eligible for a license, an alien must provide proof that he or she is lawfully present in the United States, which the director of licensing shall verify through the appropriate authorities. Except as provided in subsection (2)(a) of this section, and subject to the additional requirements of subsection (2)(b) of this section, the director of licensing may issue an alien firearm license only upon receiving from the consul domiciled in this state representing the country of the alien, a certified copy of the alien's criminal history in the alien's country indicating the alien is not ineligible under RCW 9.41.040 to own, possess, or control a firearm, and the consul's attestation that the alien is a responsible person.

When I was an alien (horns, green blood, tentacles and all that...) as mentioned previously, the hardest part was getting the documentary evidence from England that I had no criminal history.
Its just not possible, there is no such thing as a certification of lack of criminal history.

After discussions with the police where I used to live, and the WA licensing director, who, BTW turned out to be a fairly flexible sort of person -- nice to find one of them in governement, the mutually agreeable solution was that the UK police would send me a letter basically saying that a they had no knowlege of any criminal history on my part -- not the certification required by WA law, but enough for the licensing director to issue me my license.

There is an expetion to get around this sort of problem, but only for people resident in the state (which I was not):

----------------------
(2)(a) Subject to the additional requirements of (b) of this subsection, the director of licensing may issue an alien firearm license without a certified copy of the alien's criminal history or the consul's attestation required by subsection (1) of this section, if the alien has been a resident of this state for at least two years and: (i) The alien is from a country without a consul domiciled within this state, or (ii) the consul has failed to provide, within ninety days after a request by the alien, the criminal history or attestation required by subsection (1) of this section.
----------------------

Thanks,

I just got off the phone with SAF and was able to confirm that you are right, there is NO exception for aliens to rent a gun at a range?

If this guy was smart, he'd burn his blog on the matter or he leaves himself open to prosecution if/when he returns to the US (next MVP Summit).
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:00:44 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Thanks,

I just got off the phone with SAF and was able to confirm that you are right, there is NO exception for aliens to rent a gun at a range?

If this guy was smart, he'd burn his blog on the matter or he leaves himself open to prosecution if/when he returns to the US (next MVP Summit).

I'm not trying to get this guy in trouble, if he deletes it from this blog I'll request this thread be locked and trashed
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:06:42 AM EDT
[#33]
taggage.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:00:32 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks,

I'm not trying to get this guy in trouble, if he deletes it from this blog I'll request this thread be locked and trashed

Bill,

He set himself up for trouble writing about it in a public forum! You didn't do it.

Do you want to let him know or do you want me to do it? If you want me to do it, please forward his Email address to me . . . or I'll have to look him up in the list of MVPs.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:10:48 PM EDT
[#35]
I just found his direct Email address. I'll let him know about the problem.

Will advise if thread should be deleted after I hear back from him.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:44:25 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Like I said I meant no malice towards Leigh.  On a regular basis I search Google news for "AR15", "AR-15", "assault weapon", etc.  Hey, this is AR15.COM!   I personally found the phrases I highlighted in bold in the orignal post as biased anti-gun statements and presented as such with no more commentary than "note liberal use of bias".

Let me or a moderator know if Leigh wants this thread locked and trashed.   Only power I have is as an originator of a thread I can request a lock and/or a delete.

Leigh:  Guns are cool!

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:19:31 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Of course they don't need firarms in the UK, they have a history and culture of subjagation.  Fuckin Whaa.

The UK is considered #1 on the list of crime victim among industrialised countries.  Australia is in the top 10.  The US isn't.

This was determined by a DUTCH university study.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:21:31 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
My daughter is currently studying in the UK as part of her International Affairs major.  When we spoke with her yesterday she recounted an experience she had last week in which she and some friends stumbled onto a fight in progress.  One guy was beating the living $hit out of another.  The attack was so severe that my daughter feared for the victim's life.  When she and her friends yelled at the attacker to stop, he lifted his shirt displaying a pistol tucked into his pants.  I guess somehow he hadn't gotten the word that guns are illegal

While there are a lot of real illegal guns in england, a lot of the YOBs (real hoodlum) have started carrying airsoft replicas.  They're counting on the deterance effect of appearing to be armed.

Looks like it's working for them.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:29:55 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Quoted:
A friend of mine lived in the UK for a number of years. He didn't know anyone who had not been the victim of robberies, muggings, and burglaries.

They have a lot of "hot" burglaries... occupied dwellings. People will have criminals enter their homes, and just sit there while they haul off their belongings.

"Oh, my TV is in that room, be careful, it's heavy. Here, I have some cash in this drawer. And this is a really nice watch, a gift from my father. Would you like a go at my wife?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where do you all get this crap from?

Mark

I get it grom my BUSIESS PARTNER in the UK (London area).  And I get it from a good friend with a British wife who lived there for many years, was involved with security work, and worked closely with UK police.  He also told me your police are known to "fudge the numbers", that the actual crime rate is higher than reported.

Even better than that.  If someone is shot dead in the US, it's considered a homicide regardless of the court outcome.  If someone is shot dead in the UK the crime statistics only record it as a homicide if that's what the person is convicted of.  If he's convicted of a lesser crime, say assault, then the homicide falls off the books.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:41:47 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like I said I meant no malice towards Leigh.  On a regular basis I search Google news for "AR15", "AR-15", "assault weapon", etc.  Hey, this is AR15.COM!   I personally found the phrases I highlighted in bold in the orignal post as biased anti-gun statements and presented as such with no more commentary than "note liberal use of bias".

Let me or a moderator know if Leigh wants this thread locked and trashed.   Only power I have is as an originator of a thread I can request a lock and/or a delete.

Leigh:  Guns are cool!

Bill, no need to apologize. You didn't do anything wrong and Leigh had no idea what he was doing was illegal. It was his blog that created the problem (documenting an illegal act). Only good solution is for him to wipe out his blog and request we do the same. Then he just has to pray that nobody else picked this up and ran with it on other forums/eLists (or cached forever by Google).

The ball's in his court right now. I haven't heard back from him yet.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:00:51 PM EDT
[#41]
After reading his second post I guess I can understand the shock of seeing something new, that was never available before. It would be like us going to a country where we could own full auto's & RPG's with no read tape.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:03:40 PM EDT
[#42]
They sure have come a long way from Churchill's "We shall fight them on the beaches" speech.  

"Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Gestapo and all the odious apparatus of Nazi rule, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old."

Churchill may have been an imperialist, but he knew America would have his back.  I'm not sure if I'm willing to put my life on the line for a bunch of leftist gungrabbing Brits.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:01:21 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Bill, no need to apologize. You didn't do anything wrong and Leigh had no idea what he was doing was illegal. It was his blog that created the problem (documenting an illegal act). Only good solution is for him to wipe out his blog and request we do the same. Then he just has to pray that nobody else picked this up and ran with it on other forums/eLists (or cached forever by Google).

For the record, I'm not Bill Henry
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 9:42:26 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For the record, I'm not Bill Henry

Sorry, from your post I thought you were he! Funny thing is that I once worked with a Bill Henry at the late DEC and I think he was a hunter.

Oh well, I did hear back from him and he wants to let everything stand as posted. He is NOT deleting his Blog and doesn't care about the whole thing. I will send you his reply in an Email directly.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 9:52:29 AM EDT
[#45]
rugerrp,

I don't think much has changed either before or after Churchill's speech!

My late Father was billeted in England prior to being shipped over to Mainland Europe (he hit France D+10). He had a lot of very uncomplimentary things to say about the British, their lack of desire to help themselves (citizens, not military), etc. We sent them damn near all the guns they had since apparently they didn't have any guns of there own anymore when they got dragged into WWII. [So I guess that gun bans and demilitarization was popular in the 1930s there.]

I'll leave it at that. I don't recall many specifics (I do recall some) as I was a kid at the time he mentioned it to me (he didn't like talking much about his 4 years in WWII which brought him thru the Battle of the Bulge and into Berlin at the end of the war). I also have some British friends. Our cultures are very different and the rights of citizenry are likewise different.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:22:05 PM EDT
[#46]
If Leigh visits the states again I promised a heads up to ARFCOM, if he makes it to NC I'll take him to my local range and we'll shoot AR15's till out of ammo, if to some other area, maybe it'd be possible for some members here to host him.  I'd think it'd be great!
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 8:16:55 PM EDT
[#47]
I offered to take him to a range here if he ever comes to MA. Our laws don't allow MA Resident aliens to possess handgun (or hi-cap rifle) licenses, but they can still legally shoot as a guest of a licensed gun owner.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top