Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:11:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I personally don't buy things because of a color. When it comes to Guns, the brands I like are the most expensive. Just ask my wonderful hubby The_Beer_Slayer. I'll see something really nice and it'll be the most expesive gun in the store.

I don't like Pink. Pink is a girly girl color. And I'm not a girly girl. I'm a tomboy at heart. I prefer dark blues and earth tone colors.

Mona

+1 My wife hates pink guns then says...why don't they come in purple

They do if you bought the purple Cav-Arms furniture.

(Purple furniture on the couch between the blue and pink lowers)

ETA:
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d172/jason9298/group2.jpg

Wow thats awesome!!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:11:41 AM EDT
[#2]
My daughter (she's 8) didn't care one wit about firearms until see saw a pink stocked Cricket .22.  Then it was, "Daddy, THAT'S COOL!"  Guess what I bought....

If the color of a gun gets her interested in shooting, so be it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:12:23 AM EDT
[#3]

NOT THE MONSTERMAN GRIPS!
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:15:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:18:38 AM EDT
[#5]
My wife hates pink. She does love purple though..

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:23:30 AM EDT
[#6]
My two kids (girls) are 12 and 14.   A LONG time ago, I got first generation Cav Arms lowers (around Easter, if I recall properly) with their names as the serial #s, one in Pink (older), one in Purple (younger)––-when they more active shooting (and I can afford it), I'll put lightweight A2 uppers on them.

They have a Sig Mosquito and Ruger 10/22 between them (all black and black/stainless respectively).

Some day, they'll get SIG P6s (when they can handle them well enough)...they will probably be refinished, but remain a neutral color.

But, there is nothing wrong with manufacturers putting out pink guns, especially if it gets people who otherwise wouldn't be interested into shooting.

AFARR
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:28:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:39:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Pink is unquestionably my favorite color and makes it's way into my wardrobe pretty consistently.

But not on my gun.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b260/annatrocity/annarifle.jpg

Edit: Holy shit I was tan over the summer.

I clicked on a link provided by you yesterday (no longer available) and I have to call
(It was not my favorite picture in the collection but you clearly had a pink gun)

PS: love the Halloween pics

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:45:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Mrs. strat81 at the range.

Red beans and rice.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:52:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:53:47 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm pretty sure pink handguns are banned in at least one county in NY. They are considered "deceptively colored" and too easily mistaken for a toy.

Personally, I don't like the way pink guns look and I think it's stupid for someone to buy a gun solely because of the color. If a person is into guns, though, and just happens to like theirs pink, then who cares?

It's not like women are barred from buying non-pink firearms. There are more non-pink firearms available for women to purchase than pink ones, so I don't see the point in the rant. It's not like sellers refuse to sell women anything but pink firearms.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:56:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Pink is unquestionably my favorite color and makes it's way into my wardrobe pretty consistently.

But not on my gun.

Too many clothes.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:59:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:01:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My daughter (she's 8) didn't care one wit about firearms until see saw a pink stocked Cricket .22.  Then it was, "Daddy, THAT'S COOL!"  Guess what I bought....

If the color of a gun gets her interested in shooting, so be it.

Yeah, I'd never by my daughters a pink firearm unrequested. I regard it as condescending. If they wanted one I would, but I'd hold my nose. Damn things remind me of Pepto Bismol.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:01:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Chicks buy stuff because of color, go shopping for a car with a woman sometime (or better yet DON'T)

But honey, I SAVED $300 on all this stuff I bought!

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:08:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure pink handguns are banned in at least one county in NY. They are considered "deceptively colored" and too easily mistaken for a toy.

Personally, I don't like the way pink guns look and I think it's stupid for someone to buy a gun solely because of the color. If a person is into guns, though, and just happens to like theirs pink, then who cares?

It's not like women are barred from buying non-pink firearms. There are more non-pink firearms available for women to purchase than pink ones, so I don't see the point in the rant. It's not like sellers refuse to sell women anything but pink firearms.

Nassau County passed it.  I believe there is some stay on its enactment since it was determined that it would outlaw all legally owned (many expensive) realtree/camo hunting rifles/shotguns.

So lame.   Because so many people try to paint the tip blaze orange and walk down mainstreet.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:14:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:14:45 AM EDT
[#18]

One more.....it's pink too right?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:16:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

But not on my gun.

I clicked on a link provided by you yesterday (no longer available) and I have to call
(It was not my favorite picture in the collection but you clearly had a pink gun)

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:18:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I personally don't buy things because of a color. When it comes to Guns, the brands I like are the most expensive. Just ask my wonderful hubby The_Beer_Slayer. I'll see something really nice and it'll be the most expesive gun in the store.

I don't like Pink. Pink is a girly girl color. And I'm not a girly girl. I'm a tomboy at heart. I prefer dark blues and earth tone colors.

Mona

+1 My wife hates pink guns then says...why don't they come in purple

They do if you bought the purple Cav-Arms furniture.

(Purple furniture on the couch between the blue and pink lowers)

ETA:
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d172/jason9298/group2.jpg

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:20:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But not on my gun.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b260/annatrocity/pink_rifleman_7807.jpg

I stand corrected  (can you send me the link again?....i lost it)

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:33:18 PM EDT
[#22]
With as many Rants as I've seen posted since joining this forum, ya'll want to get upset because I'm RANTING about the color PINK!

Oh well, such is life.................................................................

But on a serious note, if you like the color pink on your firearms, good for you. But you should never buy something just because of a color. You should buy it because it's something you will use.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:39:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My favorite color is camouflage

I have only my 870 3.5 mag in that color .   Camoed an old .22 turned out good, it fell over and the front of the stock broke where I epoxied and glued it before.   Still have it. Now I shoot my spikes upper.

My wife says my favorite colors are camo or whatever flannel shirt I choose to wear on any given day.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:41:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My favorite color is camouflage

I have only my 870 3.5 mag in that color .   Camoed an old .22 turned out good, it fell over and the front of the stock broke where I epoxied and glued it before.   Still have it. Now I shoot my spikes upper.

My wife says my favorite colors are camo or whatever flannel shirt I choose to wear on any given day.

Well, it could be worse, she could buy you a Pink Camo Flannel shirt. LOL

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:42:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

But not on my gun.

Awesome pic.  Thanks.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:49:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Wait, you mean all women don't like one color?

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:13:36 AM EDT
[#27]
In typical Arfcom fashion, the answer is to get both:

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top