Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Previous Page
/ 23
Next Page
11/12/2017 12:29:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Quote History
Quoted:
Trinity Ordnance sale is complete.  Waiting to hear on you fellas who left messages.  Shoot me an IM if you would, w/ actual names & phone numbers, and how many you want to order, so I can help Richard square things away.

If you didn't leave a voice mail, please don't IM me.  We'll move to the next bargain lower:

http://www.primaryarms.com/anderson-manufacturing-ar-15-stripped-lower-receiver-ar-15-a3

http://www.primaryarms.com/SSP%20Applications/NetSuite%20Inc.%20-%20SCA%20Mont%20Blanc/Development/img/AR-15-A3_00.jpg

Still cheap enough to give away as Christmas presents, and bring new shooters into the fold.
View Quote
I already have a bunch of aluminum lowers. Stop it.
11/12/2017 12:37:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quote History
Quoted:  I already have a bunch of aluminum lowers. Stop it.
View Quote
I giggled.  How many unarmed relatives do you have?  I'm giving 3 complete ARs to the kids for Christmas, and @ least 1 lower to someone else.

xb40 and his buddy here in Tulsa don't weld, so I couldn't hand them a 3 lb Flat Spot lower as we were walking into the show and go,"Here!  You said you weld!" and let them carry it around for 3 hours.

We do need a supplier of inexpensive LPKs, and stocks, buffer tubes, buffers, & springs, as well as sights.  I'm set to buy a couple of Chinese knockoff Magpul rear sights tomorrow for the girls for $20 each.

I happen to know that Trinity has a supply of lightly used buffers & springs, so that's what I'll be using on the girls' builds.  I'll try to get a quote from him next week I can post in here.

Bugger went and sold them all to his in store customers!    How dare he!  
11/12/2017 12:45:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quote History
Quoted:
I was going to buy 3 along with stripped uppers, handguards, and cerakote jobs, but man, this place is a real pump em and dump em place. They must've been super busy because the guy tried getting me off the phone before I could ask about other products, so I ordered my three and left it at that. I thought about getting 10, but then I thought, WTF am I going to do with 10 polymer lowers?
View Quote
Ordered last week and they were super friendly... like literally the most pleasant convo I’ve ever had with a gun store employee.

I think you just caught them when they were swamped.
11/12/2017 12:59:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quote History
Quoted:


I giggled.  How many unarmed relatives do you have?  I'm giving 3 complete ARs to the kids for Christmas, and @ least 1 lower to someone else.

xb40 and his buddy here in Tulsa don't weld, so I couldn't hand them a 3 lb Flat Spot lower as we were walking into the show and go,"Here!  You said you weld!" and let them carry it around for 3 hours.

We do need a supplier of inexpensive LPKs, and stocks, buffer tubes, buffers, & springs, as well as sights.  I'm set to buy a couple of Chinese knockoff Magpul rear sights tomorrow for the girls for $20 each.

I happen to know that Trinity has a supply of lightly used buffers & springs, so that's what I'll be using on the girls' builds.  I'll try to get a quote from him next week I can post in here.
View Quote
I was arming my friends with mosins a couple years ago when I could still buy them for 50-60 bucks.
11/12/2017 1:04:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok, just got texts back from Richard, the owner of Trinity Ordnance.  Folks waited in line for up to 4 hours today, and some were told they had sold out of lowers to insure those of you who had ordered lowers get them.

It will be @ least Wednesday before they can figure out if they have any left.  So folks that left voicemails on Saturday, hang tight, call back on Monday, reference your voicemail on Saturday, and understand you might not get a definitive answer until Thursday.

There are remaining lowers beyond what has been ordered, but are functional blems (not cosmetic) - some are missing one or more takedown pins, some are cracked @ the front of the buffer tube, some are cracked on the magwell.  Richard will work on sourcing pins for the remaining lowers next week, as GWACS & Cav Manufacturing sell them for $10 a pair.  Once pins are in hand, and all existing orders are satisfied, he'll see how he wants to handle the next sale.  When I know, I'll announce what I know.  Until that time, back to Primary Arms!
11/12/2017 1:25:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Direct quote from Richard:

Before we opened I had to go outside and calm the crowd and assure them that everyone would get taken care of, asked everyone to be polite, and remind them if they were not we have belt-feds.
View Quote
 
11/12/2017 4:59:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quote History
Quoted:

I was arming my friends with mosins a couple years ago when I could still buy them for 50-60 bucks.
View Quote
Give the first one the rifle and the second one the clip of 5rds. I like your style
11/12/2017 2:03:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quote History
Quoted:

There are remaining lowers beyond what has been ordered, but are functional blems (not cosmetic) - some are missing one or more takedown pins, some are cracked @ the front of the buffer tube, some are cracked on the magwell.  Richard will work on sourcing pins for the remaining lowers next week, as GWACS & Cav Manufacturing sell them for $10 a pair.  Once pins are in hand, and all existing orders are satisfied, he'll see how he wants to handle the next sale.  When I know, I'll announce what I know.  Until that time, back to Primary Arms!
View Quote
I thought you were kidding.  The first couple I looked at were fine.
11/12/2017 2:33:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Sent my uncle to pick up 2 of the Sabre lowers for me yesterday - then he called and told me no way he was waiting in that line.

I shoulda called Saturday night, but got pulled away for family stuff. Now I'm kicking myself

If any of y'all that ordered 5 or 10 are wanting to part with one, shoot me a PM.
11/12/2017 6:16:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quote History
Quoted:  I thought you were kidding.  The first couple I looked at were fine.
View Quote
Good god, no, they didn't send out the blems.  I was speaking of what's left in their inventory.
11/12/2017 9:11:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I am holding out for $10.00 lowers
Salad days.  

Mike Honcho.
11/12/2017 9:27:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quote History
Quoted:
I am holding out for $10.00 lowers
Salad days.  

Mike Honcho.
View Quote
Shoot I'll spend another $200 if there are $10 lowers... Then I will have 40 lowers.

What will I do with 40 lowers?

Vote for Chelsea Clinton for President I guess...

11/13/2017 10:34:07 AM EDT
[#13]
@ $10 lowers, you give them away.
11/13/2017 10:41:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quote History
Quoted:  I am holding out for $10.00 lowers
Salad days.  

Mike Honcho.
View Quote
I wish someone made a very simple, very cheap, steel upper.  No dust cover, no forward assist, just heavy & cheap.

And while we've got you in GD, I wish you made a drop in free float like Daniel Defense's Omega, but looks more like a pair of the standard KAC RAS rails.
11/13/2017 10:43:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Did I miss out on these?
11/13/2017 11:08:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quote History
Quoted:  Did I miss out on these?
View Quote
$20 lowers & $200 uppers, yes.  We're on $30 lowers & $251 uppers now.

We'll know Wed/Thurs if Trinity will accept more orders on Sabre Defense lowers, and what the shipping terms will be.  I doubt the shipping will be as generous this time; he was picking up $50 tabs to ship 5 lowers to Alaska.  He may have to wait for takedown pins before he can offer some of the remaining lowers.

Those of you who receive lowers, please post up pics of em as they arrive, and particularly your builds, expensive or budget.  I'm thinking I may do 4 builds for Christmas, mostly budget builds.
11/13/2017 11:21:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quote History
Quoted:


$20 lowers & $200 uppers, yes.  We're on $30 lowers & $251 uppers now.

We'll know Wed/Thurs if Trinity will accept more orders on Sabre Defense lowers, and what the shipping terms will be.  I doubt the shipping will be as generous this time; he was picking up $50 tabs to ship 5 lowers to Alaska.  He may have to wait for takedown pins before he can offer some of the remaining lowers.

Those of you who receive lowers, please post up pics of em as they arrive, and particularly your builds, expensive or budget.  I'm thinking I may do 4 builds for Christmas, mostly budget builds.
View Quote
Think he would hold for an in-store pickup? I'll be in DFW all next week starting Tues for the holiday.
11/13/2017 11:36:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quote History
Quoted:
Shoot I'll spend another $200 if there are $10 lowers... Then I will have 40 lowers.

What will I do with 40 lowers?

Vote for Chelsea Clinton for President I guess...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am holding out for $10.00 lowers
Salad days.  

Mike Honcho.
Shoot I'll spend another $200 if there are $10 lowers... Then I will have 40 lowers.

What will I do with 40 lowers?

Vote for Chelsea Clinton for President I guess...

LOL.  

I was worried about the fixed length, but these are cool and LOP is perfect.  I'm going to put my pencil barrel upper on one.
11/13/2017 12:02:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quote History
Quoted:  Think he would hold for an in-store pickup? I'll be in DFW all next week starting Tues for the holiday.
View Quote
If you ordered last week, he may have already shipped, but an even chance he's not shipped yours yet.  They just opened, so give em a call.
11/13/2017 12:10:32 PM EDT
[#20]
who has an inexpensive complete lower parts kit.
11/13/2017 12:27:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Can I still call for the Cav Arms lowers?
11/13/2017 12:27:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quote History
Quoted:
If you ordered last week, he may have already shipped, but an even chance he's not shipped yours yet.  They just opened, so give em a call.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:  Think he would hold for an in-store pickup? I'll be in DFW all next week starting Tues for the holiday.
If you ordered last week, he may have already shipped, but an even chance he's not shipped yours yet.  They just opened, so give em a call.
I missed out on the Veterans Day sale, was referring to the possible Wed/Thur announcement of more sales.
11/13/2017 12:38:10 PM EDT
[#23]
We won't know until Wed/Thurs if he has any complete non-blems left to sell.  I don't know if he'll let those go for $20/lower or not.  He was selling them to me before last week @ 3/$100.
11/13/2017 4:42:31 PM EDT
[#24]
My FFL just called to say I have "transfers" waiting for me. Unfortunately, I'm working from home today and tomorrow, so I can't pick them up until Wednesday.
11/13/2017 5:24:42 PM EDT
[#25]
He had over 1200 that he had been sitting on for years!  

Thank you again, OP!
11/13/2017 7:23:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quite welcome.  Just got back after swinging by.

Saturday afternoon the line to get in was down the block.  He sold 200 lowers to folks coming through the door that day.

They are still shipping lowers.  In some cases, they are waiting for your FFL to snail mail a copy of their FFL, b/c some of you have antediluvian FFLs that don't have email.

If you left a voicemail Saturday, follow it up w/ an email:  [email protected]

Even if he has to go buy the takedown pins, he's got enough lowers to take care of you and will give you the sale price; you do, however, need to hold tight until Thursday.

If you didn't call on Saturday, any new requests for lowers are being put on a wait list, and you'll be called when he sorts out how many good lowers are left.

He gave me a blem today - it's missing the buttplate, b/c the bottom screw is stripped out.  It is somewhat special, however:

Attached File
11/13/2017 7:33:31 PM EDT
[#27]
@SinistralRifleman : do you know the history behind these 1800 lowers?  They came out of a connex, apparently from Sabre Defense's bankruptcy.  Were any sold to the public before Trinity Ordnance came in possession of them?
11/13/2017 8:26:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quote History
Quoted:
I am holding out for $10.00 lowers
Salad days.  

Mike Honcho.
View Quote
If you build it, they will come...
11/13/2017 9:02:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quote History
Quoted:
@SinistralRifleman : do you know the history behind these 1800 lowers?  They came out of a connex, apparently from Sabre Defense's bankruptcy.  Were any sold to the public before Trinity Ordnance came in possession of them?
View Quote
Well, there is at least one review here:


https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/mobile/product/411536144/redirect


There is an old page for lowers for sale at CTD, but no reviews, so not sure if they ever actually sold any:

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/ar-15-sabre-defense-sr-15-light-sabre-polymer-lower-receiver-gun-115.do


From what I remember of saber, they mostly sold complete rifles and uppers.   I don't remember stripped sabre lowers being sold.


Here is a review for a complete rifle sold:


https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/-/118-416085/?
11/13/2017 11:39:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Some of you guys may be interested in these $209 rifle kits .

I just stumbled across that while looking for something else. That would put you at $229 for a complete rifle with extra parts left over (buffer tube, stock, etc).
11/13/2017 11:47:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quote History
Quoted:  Some of you guys may be interested in these $209 rifle kits .

I just stumbled across that while looking for something else. That would put you at $229 for a complete rifle with extra parts left over (buffer tube, stock, etc).
View Quote
Very interested, but it's not clear that it ships w/ a BCG.  Looks to be $278 w/ BCG, that still gets us under $300 if you bought 5 lowers w/ free shipping, or $308 w/ the Primary Arms deal.

That's a $28 parts kit, rail, buffer tube, stock, & spring priced against the Bear Creek upper.  That's a steal.
11/14/2017 12:00:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Sheeeeot, I bought  a Saber marked Samson star M quad rail last year. Might have to do a full on Thunder Cat build"..........

Attached File
11/14/2017 12:30:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Quote History
Quoted:
If you didn't call on Saturday, any new requests for lowers are being put on a wait list, and you'll be called when he sorts out how many good lowers are left.
View Quote
Really appreciate the update - sent an email to get on the waiting list, will follow up with a call tomorrow.
11/14/2017 12:21:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quote History
Quoted:
Quite welcome.  Just got back after swinging by.

Saturday afternoon the line to get in was down the block.  He sold 200 lowers to folks coming through the door that day.

They are still shipping lowers.  In some cases, they are waiting for your FFL to snail mail a copy of their FFL, b/c some of you have antediluvian FFLs that don't have email.

If you left a voicemail Saturday, follow it up w/ an email:  [email protected]

Even if he has to go buy the takedown pins, he's got enough lowers to take care of you and will give you the sale price; you do, however, need to hold tight until Thursday.

If you didn't call on Saturday, any new requests for lowers are being put on a wait list, and you'll be called when he sorts out how many good lowers are left.

He gave me a blem today - it's missing the buttplate, b/c the bottom screw is stripped out.  It is somewhat special, however:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/84655/20171113_172407-361905.JPG
View Quote
11/14/2017 1:41:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quote History
Quoted:
Some of you guys may be interested in these $209 rifle kits .

I just stumbled across that while looking for something else. That would put you at $229 for a complete rifle with extra parts left over (buffer tube, stock, etc).
View Quote
I'm more interested in the upper build kit. That, with my $10 barrel and an ALG BF rail will be nice.
11/14/2017 2:18:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quote History
Quoted:
Ordered last week and they were super friendly... like literally the most pleasant convo I’ve ever had with a gun store employee.

I think you just caught them when they were swamped.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was going to buy 3 along with stripped uppers, handguards, and cerakote jobs, but man, this place is a real pump em and dump em place. They must've been super busy because the guy tried getting me off the phone before I could ask about other products, so I ordered my three and left it at that. I thought about getting 10, but then I thought, WTF am I going to do with 10 polymer lowers?
Ordered last week and they were super friendly... like literally the most pleasant convo I’ve ever had with a gun store employee.

I think you just caught them when they were swamped.
huh...
I ordered the lowers but was told everything else on sale was in store only. My total purchase went ended up being 100.00 when it could have been closer to 600.00
Oh well.
11/14/2017 4:18:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Same as the $199 upper. But with out the BCG. I thought I found a BCG and charging handle for $79. That would make it complete for $209.
11/14/2017 4:41:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quote History
Quoted:  huh...
I ordered the lowers but was told everything else on sale was in store only. My total purchase went ended up being 100.00 when it could have been closer to 600.00
Oh well.
View Quote
They held back 200 of the lowers for in store sales.  Folks waited up to 4 hours in line - which went down the block, 60 yards away.  Apparently they counted 8000 people coming through.  They are still shipping lowers this week - they're waiting on a few FFL's who are sending copies of their FFLs via snail mail.

If you want something else from their store, they'll be happy to ship and can actually answer the phone - they have 4 lines before it goes to voicemail, and they don't have 8000 customers today.  I think they're sold out of most of their sale parts, however.  I was going to pick up some of their lightly used buffers, and they sold out of those.
11/14/2017 5:12:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quote History
Quoted:


They held back 200 of the lowers for in store sales.  Folks waited up to 4 hours in line - which went down the block, 60 yards away.  Apparently they counted 8000 people coming through.  They are still shipping lowers this week - they're waiting on a few FFL's who are sending copies of their FFLs via snail mail.

If you want something else from their store, they'll be happy to ship and can actually answer the phone - they have 4 lines before it goes to voicemail, and they don't have 8000 customers today.  I think they're sold out of most of their sale parts, however.  I was going to pick up some of their lightly used buffers, and they sold out of those.
View Quote
I emailed last night and called today, I'm pretty early on the waitlist for the lowers.

The guy on the phone sounded fairly confident there would still be lowers once they got to the waitlist.
11/14/2017 5:17:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Got my 5 today
11/14/2017 5:45:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Pics, man!
11/14/2017 6:27:34 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm off the next 2 days.
Do they have any lowers that are missing pins so that I could pick one up?
11/14/2017 6:51:45 PM EDT
[#43]
I'd call em.  Pins are $10 from GWACS or Cav Manufacturing.
11/14/2017 11:20:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quote History
Quoted:
Pics, man!
View Quote
Along with my  $10 barrel from Bear Creek.Attached File
11/15/2017 7:38:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Great prices indeed.
11/15/2017 12:18:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Finally got all the FFL transfer crap sorted!
My 2 lowers should ship out today/tomorrow.
11/15/2017 12:31:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quote History
Quoted:
Same as the $199 upper. But with out the BCG. I thought I found a BCG and charging handle for $79. That would make it complete for $209.
View Quote
Damn, it lets you add an AR carry handle sight for $20.

That's pretty cool.
11/15/2017 1:19:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quote History
Quoted:


Damn, it lets you add an AR carry handle sight for $20.

That's pretty cool.
View Quote
The carry handle isn't as nice as GI(cheaper finish and the adjustment clicks in the sight aren't as solid), but for $20 it holds zero on my 7.62X39 so I'd buy one again.
11/15/2017 1:20:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quote History
Quoted:

Along with my  $10 barrel from Bear Creek.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/60540/2017-11-14_22-363183.JPG
View Quote
Nice to see the barrels being received. Mine still shows processing-think I'm going to set it up on a side charger and free float tube.
11/15/2017 1:22:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quote History
Quoted:
Same as the $199 upper. But with out the BCG. I thought I found a BCG and charging handle for $79. That would make it complete for $209.
View Quote
Just got a PSA email, they have BCG's for $69. Even lower.

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 23
Next Page