Fuck Boner, we need more Cruz.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:59:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't we print $85 billion a month?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:01:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is a place holder, designed to get us through the next 11 months.  It's a political strategy.

The Dems wanted to force a shut down.

Under the circumstances, it's acceptable.

Now shut up and go to work or donate to one of the six senate campaigns we need to win in order to fix the problem.

Tea party conservative?  Fight it out in the primary== then throw your full support behind the candidate, even if you don't agree 100 percent.

Or quit complaining.  Because my children, like yours, will be paying for this stupidity-- including tantrums.

Take over the Republican party if you want to fix this-- just don't let Harry Reid be in charge 12 months from now.
View Quote

Yea because that is what the Republican Establishment does.  Oh wait.. they dont
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:29:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

From today's WSJ:

"To offset the $62 billion spending increase, the budget deal includes $85 billion in fee hikes and other deficit-reduction measures. That means the deal as a whole produces a net reduction in the deficit of $23 billion over 10 years."

"The bill passed with a wide bipartisan margin, on a vote of 332-94. Voting for the measure were 169 Republicans and 163 Democrats, while 62 Republicans and 32 Democrats voted against."

We have over $17 TRILLION in known federal debt, and are adding to it at the rate of at least $600 BILLION per year.  But these clowns think that a $23 BILLION reduction over ten years is the adult and responsible thing to do.  

Tell me again that the Republicans are different than the Democrats.  
View Quote
Sons of Bitches.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:31:29 AM EDT
[#5]
They likely won't even be in office during that entire 10 year period to enforce those cuts. It's all bullshit.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:43:42 AM EDT
[#6]
They INCREASED spending by $62 billion.

Vote out every Republican that voted for it and replace em with Tea Party "radicals".

We're going to spend more money, but don't worry, it will reduce the deficit. They'll increase fees? And if people avoid whatever activities involving increased fees to avoid paying them? It's like me increasing my prices 20% in an attempt to increase profit. People will just avoid me, so I will collect less profit. They don't get it, huh.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:04:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They INCREASED spending by $62 billion.

Vote out every Republican that voted for it and replace em with Tea Party "radicals".

We're going to spend more money, but don't worry, it will reduce the deficit. They'll increase fees? And if people avoid whatever activities involving increased fees to avoid paying them? It's like me increasing my prices 20% in an attempt to increase profit. People will just avoid me, so I will collect less profit. They don't get it, huh.
View Quote

The smarter ones get it, but they trapped themselves - and us - in a downward fiscal spiral of deficits, debt, and entitlements, and they know they can't get out of it.  They've permanently changed the moral structure of the nation, and we can't go back without violent upheaval.

No one should assume that the 536 crooks and liars in Washington, D. C. want to do the right thing, but don't know what it is.  The very few who know won't, and the others don't care because they're getting theirs for as long as the music plays.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:11:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

please tell me more about how you're going to grow the economy so much as to raise tax revenue by 50% just to cover the current defecit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You are not going to cut your way out of the budget mess. It's just a pure simple fact. If you made all the cuts necessary we wouldn't be a 1st world country anymore in 10 years from infrastructure decay.

The only way to fix it, is to grow the economy. The better the economy, the more revenue.

please tell me more about how you're going to grow the economy so much as to raise tax revenue by 50% just to cover the current defecit.

This.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top