Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:58:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ruger Mark 2-3.
Browning Buck Mark.
S&W Model 22.

Three of my favorite .22lr pistols. I also love my old Ruger Mark I, but I haven't shot many different ammo types through it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:59:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:00:37 PM EDT
[#3]
While the limited availability of ammo has limited the variables, I have yet to have an issue in the M&P22

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:01:52 PM EDT
[#4]
My MKII has never failed to shoot any 22LR I have stuffed in the mags.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:04:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:04:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Oh that's pretty!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Oh that's pretty!

Thank ya' - yours too.  Looks like a great site setup, particularly with a can.  As you know, that barrel length is a bit longish for a host though.  But the upside is that it's extremely accurate.  Every bit as much as the 41, and more so than the 87T (Volquartsen trigger in the Ruger).

The 87BB is the right size (for me) but is more of a plinker - not nearly as accurate as the above and the Buckmark or MKII/III offer better options for red-dots and such.

The NEOS is fun but I rarely seem to grab it when headed to the range.  Eats anything yet the build quality and feel just isn't there for me.

Never had any function problems with the 92 kit but there are more accurate and versatile options available.  

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:08:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I've put a bunch of stuff through my gsg1911-22 without issue outside of that it jams up when it gets dirty. Still lust after a Ruger Mk II though.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:19:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Mine was the same way, but still had some malfunctions with minimags, just fewer. I hated that thing and will not own another. My Buckmark has been through thousands of rounds with zero malfunctions of any type. That's amazing for any rimfire.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My ruger mk2 will eat anything.

Mine doesn't like much other than CCI Mini-mags. She's an expensive date these days.

Mine was the same way, but still had some malfunctions with minimags, just fewer. I hated that thing and will not own another. My Buckmark has been through thousands of rounds with zero malfunctions of any type. That's amazing for any rimfire.

A Buckmark is on my short list. I have to find "the one" though. Only thing I've seen recently are black campers and while they're nice, I'm not particularly interested.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:19:24 PM EDT
[#9]
My Mosquito digests anything I feed it. Accuracy sucks, but it is dead-nuts reliable. So is my M&P22, and the wife's SR22. I won't keep a finicky gun around. I will say that it took much lubrication and probably 500 rounds before my Sig was reliable, but it's fine now.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:22:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
K22 or 18.

Or Ruger MKII.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:33:02 PM EDT
[#11]
S&W M&P .22 (made for S&W by Sig).
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:50:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Best and most reliable 22 I've ever owned is a S&W 41. I have a Ruger MK2, also. I'm not really very fond of it. When anyone wants to shoot a 22. They always seem to grab my 41.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:51:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Ruger MKII.  Had it over 25 years now and it eats anything.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:57:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

A Buckmark is on my short list. I have to find "the one" though. Only thing I've seen recently are black campers and while they're nice, I'm not particularly interested.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine doesn't like much other than CCI Mini-mags. She's an expensive date these days.

I have the Contour. There usually are not a lot of Buckmarks for sale around here, either. But there is always Gunbroker, or have your dealer order one.

I'd like to get another Buckmark, but I refuse to buy another .22 until the ammo is available at fair prices again. The shelves are always bare locally, and I'm not getting gouged on the internet.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:13:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My S&W 22A eats any 22lr I feed it.
View Quote

No gun can make all Remington rimfire ammo go bang.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:14:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:14:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

This

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:17:59 PM EDT
[#18]
I like my Stainless Ruger Super Single Six.........it eats anything .22lr or .22mag. My Ruger MKII eats everything too.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:51:35 PM EDT
[#19]
My High Standard will eat just about everything.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:54:50 PM EDT
[#20]
My Ruger MKII 22/45 has never jammed, as far as I can remember in the 15 years I have had her.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:59:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Another vote for the MkII . . . they just plain work
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:05:35 PM EDT
[#22]
My Sig 1911-22, Walther P22 and SP22 have all functioned flawlessly. My 22/45 has issues, but it seems like its the only one that does.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:05:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

My High Standard will eat just about everything.
View Quote

I couldn't decide between a new Buck Mark or an old High Standard 103 Sport King, so in the Arfcom spirit I got both.  The High Standard is light years ahead of the Buck Mark, and 50+ years older.  The High Standard has an amazing trigger, unlike anything I've ever felt.  It is so light and crisp that the first few mags through it I had a few inadvertent double-taps.  It has yet to hiccup with any ammo I've tried, though you need to use standard velocity.  The Buck Mark I got was purchased brand new, and unfortunately has an awful trigger.  It also has a hammer reset problem, I can't make it through 1 magazine without it failing to reset once or twice.  I also have random FTE's with it.  Guess I get to try Browning customer service.    Honestly, as much as I love the High Standard, I'll probably turn around and sell the Buck Mark once it is fixed.  No love for it.

Next up, I'd love a Colt Woodsman.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:43:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Thanks for all the suggestions!
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:01:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
S&W M&P .22 (made for S&W by Sig).
View Quote

No.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:08:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

This

My Kimber 1911 22 also devours well
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:09:11 AM EDT
[#27]
I have a MarkIII that fires bulk very consistently with occasional ( maybe a couple out 500) misfires due to badly primed rims. I ran them back through and they'd fire, most likely the firing pin found the sweet spot the next time through.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:17:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Probably not what you're looking for, but I always recommend the S&W 617 revolver.  Every time I shoot it, I have a shit-eating grin on my face.  My favorite handgun lately.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top