BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:45:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If this gets rid of ethanol as a fuel additive then I will hate him ever so slightly less.

Evil shit should not be mandated nor subsidized to be in our gasoline. Shit is death for older vehicles and small engines.

E85 should still be available for people who want it (because big power guys love it) but all other gas should be E0.
View Quote
You would then pay even more for gas...

$10 per gallon really isnt out of the realm of possibility depending on how dumb the left and retard in chief is.

Could you imagine the impact that would have? Electricity production, shipping, air travel, etc. The economy would have rapid hyperinflation.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:47:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Solar plants use natural gas, too. LOL. The one on the CA/NV border on I-15 not only uses natural gas, but only creates 40% of the projected output and puts out more harmful emissions than a traditional power plant. It’s been called a model for the future of clean energy and the CA legislature wants to build more of them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just wait till the nat gas starts drying up due to no more fraking,  The power plants built recently suck huge amounts to generate electricity.  Folks wont be able to heat or power their homes.  Then Industry will leave the country because it cannot compete with other nations due to the high price of energy.  And I work in the Nuclear industry.  All the gov regulations make that power expensive as hell also.

Solar plants use natural gas, too. LOL. The one on the CA/NV border on I-15 not only uses natural gas, but only creates 40% of the projected output and puts out more harmful emissions than a traditional power plant. It’s been called a model for the future of clean energy and the CA legislature wants to build more of them.

Did it cause a dramatic spike in energy prices? Check
Does it produce less power then a comparable NG plant? Check
Did in enrich some Chinese company and their US based lobbyists? Check
Did that Chinese company get their money's worth out of their pet politician? Check
Is it going to result in inconsistent availability of power if it becomes the new standard? Check

Sounds exactly like what a "model of the future" should look like per the current assholes in power.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:48:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

$10 per gallon really isnt out of the realm of possibility depending on how dumb the left and retard in chief is.

Could you imagine the impact that would have? Electricity production, shipping, air travel, etc. The economy would have rapid hyperinflation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If this gets rid of ethanol as a fuel additive then I will hate him ever so slightly less.

Evil shit should not be mandated nor subsidized to be in our gasoline. Shit is death for older vehicles and small engines.

E85 should still be available for people who want it (because big power guys love it) but all other gas should be E0.

Sounds like what would spur a great reset and implementation of agenda 21.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:49:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It's meant to kill the entire free-market capitalism thingy. The price for everything is going to go up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is meant to kill Rural America.

It's meant to kill the entire free-market capitalism thingy. The price for everything is going to go up.

I thought free market capitalists liked the idea of eliminating government subsidies?
Maybe I'm not understanding what subsidies he is talking about.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:49:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

this is a continuation of 2008. Same people who drug the economy down and climate changed us into stupidity are back in charge. All of them.

Trump was a bump in the road.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I remember this particular flavor of self-indulgent hysteria from 2008.

Let me try: REEEEEEE!!!!!!!

this is a continuation of 2008. Same people who drug the economy down and climate changed us into stupidity are back in charge. All of them.

Theres no comparison to this and 2008.

Anyone who thinks so was too young at that time or is delusional.

This is magnitudes worse. Even 0Fucko knew not to do certain things. The difference is this time the left's mask is fully off.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:55:48 PM EDT
[#6]
You'll be able to buy an F-350 with low miles and leather seats for under $10k.

Back when has first hit $4.00, I wanna say around 2008, I bought a 2001 Land Rover Discovery 2, with 85k miles on it it for $4,400 dollars.....  

I bought it off the dealer's lot for that price.

That same truck running today with twice the miles and falling apart would bring more money than I paid, and the one I bought looked and ran new.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:56:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hunger Games was prophetic.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:57:03 PM EDT
[#8]
So he’s eliminating subsidies.   Isn’t that a good thing?  I mean they should be able to survive without a government bailout, right?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:58:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Y'all gotta stop with the sky is falling.

Max sustainable price would be between $4-5 a gallon right now.  If oil ever reached approximately ~$200 / bbl, and $10+ gallon for gasoline, it would literally be the end of the country.

Fire trucks couldn't run.
EMS services couldn't run.
Police couldn't run.

Cities / County / States would go bankrupt trying to simply buy fuel.  Let alone the federal government. Let alone private businesses closing their doors because they couldn't.

If the above happens, it's revolution time.  But it's HIGHLY doubtful it will ever get to that.
View Quote
assuming that a significant portion of this fee is a tax, simply exempt "the right groups of people".
Also, they are always talking about mileage taxes.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:58:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuck my life. I drive a dodge 2500 on 37s
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:58:57 PM EDT
[#11]
But ... But, the minimum wage will be $15
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:00:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So he’s eliminating subsidies.   Isn’t that a good thing?  I mean they should be able to survive without a government bailout, right?
View Quote

He's also cutting the supply, which is the real problem I think
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:03:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup...I drive 32 miles one way to get to work, no public transportation and the towns are small and spread out.
This is just another dig at freedom, independence and being able to come and go as you please !
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:05:22 PM EDT
[#14]
I hope gas goes to $20 a gallon, Fuck it let the Karens get a deepthroat  taste of what they voted for!

Environmental Justice? What a bunch of fucking nonsense!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:05:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Did that Chinese company get their money's worth out of their pet politician? Check
Is it going to result in inconsistent availability of power if it becomes the new standard? Check

Sounds exactly like what a "model of the future" should look like per the current assholes in power.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just wait till the nat gas starts drying up due to no more fraking,  The power plants built recently suck huge amounts to generate electricity.  Folks wont be able to heat or power their homes.  Then Industry will leave the country because it cannot compete with other nations due to the high price of energy.  And I work in the Nuclear industry.  All the gov regulations make that power expensive as hell also.

You forgot about disposal problems when those hazmat panels reach end of life.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:12:02 PM EDT
[#16]
The vehicle market could get wrecked with a modest gas price increase. Assume gas climbed to $3-5/gal, which is completely plausible. While vehicle MPGs have increased over the years, most auto makers are (or have) dropping sedans and small cars in favor of SUVs, Crossovers, and Trucks.  Most people are already leveraged with debt and a $100-200+ budget change could not be managed. We do have more people working remote and from home than before, but even with that there would be a major shit and a lot of financial pain.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:12:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Subsidies are bad, but so is extreme regulation. They push the latter to sell the need for the former to make the industry reliant on them, thus giving govt more control over private industry. Removing the subsidies without removing the burdensome regulation is just blatantly trying to kill the industry.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:13:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

This is meant to punish for supporting Trump and ultimately kill Rural America.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:13:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Energy storage company stocks finna be LIT.

Lithium battery MFR/lithium production stocks finna be LIT.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:15:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
I would love to be able to get E0 again. Very hard to find in my neck of the woods.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the sheer amount of lithium batteries needed for energy storage since solar isnt "on demand".
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:16:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Subsidies are bad, but so is extreme regulation. They push the latter to sell the need for the former to make the industry reliant on them, thus giving govt more control over private industry. Removing the subsidies without removing the burdensome regulation is just blatantly trying to kill the industry.
View Quote

Gotcha.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:19:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Gamestop is coming
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:20:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can agree with that.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:20:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So he's eliminating subsidies.  Isn't that a good thing?  I mean they should be able to survive without a government bailout, right?
View Quote

I'd like to see these "subsidies" as well.

The commies call lower taxes subsidies, while actually handing over taxpayer money to companies like solyndra seems to be a-ok?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:21:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Cities in deep blue states have already fired the opening salvos in the war on natural gas. They are not allowing nat gas connections to new construction homes.

View Quote

This is crazy. Natural gas burns incredibly clean.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:25:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Wait until he touches the third rail of ethanol subsidies because it doesn't fit the EV narrative.  He could possibly be that stupid...
View Quote

Reporting this locally but spinning that the ethanol reduces carbon output.........
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:26:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cities in deep blue states have already fired the opening salvos in the war on natural gas. They are not allowing nat gas connections to new construction homes.

And? Are you under the mistaken assumption that any of this has anything to do with clean/dirty energy? Those are excuses.

This is about power.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:26:41 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm just happy to learn that the ammo is coming back. Screw the poors, they can walk.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:29:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Ammo is gone for good as we used to know it. We'll be buying it at neckbeard and up prices closer to a black market like environment. The days of ordering it from your favorite online supplier or traditional retail store are gone for good. It may even get to the point of needing "connections" to buy it. No real shortage though, still as much as you'd like. If you can pay / have the connections, etc. Gasoline I'm predicting about $7.50 a gallon and the economy is tanked anyways, not much to drive to or buy.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:30:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
$10 gallon serves the interest of UriNation Agenda 2030.  Only the elite will have cars.  Peasants will BMW (bicycle, municipal transportation system and walk).
View Quote

I've said it for years. "Liberals" are not progressive. They are regressive.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:31:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Lol, subsidies.

Not sure most know what that means.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:33:57 PM EDT
[#33]
When will Tommy stop and lock the door ....
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:35:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I remember this particular flavor of self-indulgent hysteria from 2008.

Let me try: REEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Exactly this.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:35:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
When will Tommy stop and lock the door ....
View Quote
Shortage on door locks. I know a place ...if you have the money.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:39:03 PM EDT
[#36]
If he is truly removing government subsidies, then that is a good thing and a vote for the free market.

We should all be happy. (If true)
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:40:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
A plumbing or appliance visit will cost another $50.  Food costs will rise dramatically.  Airline tickets will go up.  And at the end of the day, I will still be eating.  The people this will kill are the dem voters.
View Quote

And fixed income pensioners, and the rural poor of Appalachia, and first time wage earners, and so on...

Think harder, it's not just Dems that suffer, and it's terribly one-dimensional to think that way.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:47:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not to mention frying hundreds if not thousands of birds.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:48:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
$10 gallon serves the interest of UriNation Agenda 2030.  Only the elite will have cars.  Peasants will BMW (bicycle, municipal transportation system and walk).
View Quote

They really do want this. They want people using public transportation only. We aren't doing enough to fight back against these creeps.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:51:38 PM EDT
[#40]
hopefully will drop used toyota/lexus 4.6l prices.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:55:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Y'all gotta stop with the sky is falling.

Max sustainable price would be between $4-5 a gallon right now.  If oil ever reached approximately ~$200 / bbl, and $10+ gallon for gasoline, it would literally be the end of the country.

Fire trucks couldn't run.
EMS services couldn't run.
Police couldn't run.

Cities / County / States would go bankrupt trying to simply buy fuel.  Let alone the federal government. Let alone private businesses closing their doors because they couldn't.

If the above happens, it's revolution time.  But it's HIGHLY doubtful it will ever get to that.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:56:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So he's eliminating subsidies.   Isn't that a good thing?  I mean they should be able to survive without a government bailout, right?
View Quote
I completely agree.  I'm more interested in him killing the wrong subsidies and pissing off his base and donors.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:59:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'd like to see these "subsidies" as well.

The commies call lower taxes subsidies, while actually handing over taxpayer money to companies like solyndra seems to be a-ok?
View Quote

That’s a bit convoluted thinking.   Not collecting a tax is giving a tax break.  

Still tax payer money going somewhere.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:20:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aren't they really tax breaks?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:20:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Fuck yes, I always wondered what living in the 1930s was like.  Grapes of Wrath we we come.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:10:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Meanwhile...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/biden-issues-dozens-oil-drilling-160701825.html

Despite all the uproar. Drilling and permitting from the Biden administration is still going... even though he said he was going to pause it.
View Quote
That's good to hear.  Maybe the media is going to spend some time lying to leftists now?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:17:03 PM EDT
[#47]

Anyone on this forum who voted for Joke Xiden, needs to be dick-punched!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:32:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Lithium batteries need energy to recharge them - I don't think the US could afford enough solar panels to make the electricity to charge them, so the batteries would be basically worthless.

----
So far the EO's have been more knee jerk than actually pushing for $10 gas.  When he bans domestic fracking - Opec will rejoice and we are fucked so bad we will see stars.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:38:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Wait until he touches the third rail of ethanol subsidies because it doesn't fit the EV narrative.  He could possibly be that stupid...
View Quote

He/They want war in the streets.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:44:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Maybe I'm not understanding what subsidies he is talking about.
View Quote

Don't worry, neither does anyone else.  Probably because they don't actually exist.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top