As I am sure everyone who has tried the Fostech Echo knows, the trigger pull is really bad. It’s extremely heavy and unacceptable for a $450 trigger. To combat this, TriggerDepot has developed trigger upgrades that greatly improve the trigger pull. There are several other ways to improve the trigger such as adding a bushing, milling the bolt carrier, and polishing several parts, but the improvements are unreliable and negligible at best. These trigger upgrades are by far the most effective, consistent modification to improve the trigger. These upgrades works in both the first and second generation Echo, BUT NOT THE ECHO SPORT.
The 3-Gun upgrade is available here for $10
The Tactical upgrade is available here for $10
The stock trigger has been measured as follows:
We are finding the new trigger pull weight to be as follows with our 3-Gun upgrade:
- 5.5 lb in semi
- 5.5-6 lb echo initial (first round)
- 8.5-11 lb echo reset (to reset 2nd round)
We are finding the new trigger pull weight to be as follows with our Tactical upgrade:
- 2 lb semi
- 4 lb echo initial (first round)
- 5 lb echo reset (to release 2nd round)
Install instructions can be found here
What others are saying about the upgrade:
- 3 lb semi
- 5 lb echo initial (first round)
- 6 lb echo reset (to release 2nd round)
- Not much of a trigger snob as I usually run GI’s. However when I dropped this in I can see why people will pay big money for a good trigger. The semi setting is almost scary light and also improves echo mode. You can really get this thing going fast. My only complaint is now I need to get a .22 kit because I want to burn too much ammo.
- Just installed this new spring and it makes a huge difference. A must have for the Echo trigger! It gives a nice clean (LITE) break.Just do it.
- Trigger pull real lightweight and smooth trigger release, highly recommend.
- Works great. Well worth it.
- Reduced trigger pull to a comfortable level and operates good. Took about 20 minutes to install. Definitely worth it!
- Perfect. Extremely happy to have this improvement.
- Cut the trigger pull in half across the board and on semi it made it crisper. Improved my groups on single and double taps.
- Trigger upgrade definitely reduces trigger pull weight and smooths out the trigger pull. I don’t have a spring scale to check, but it feels a lot smoother and lighter.
- Excellent! Works better than I would have thought. Will buy again.
Note: this upgrade has no affiliation with FOSTECH, Inc. nor has it been approved by FOSTECH, Inc. We are not liable for any damages to your rifle or person and this may void your warranty. Again, This spring is in no way approved or endorsed by FOSTECH, Inc. and you are responsible for any liability and all damages. Lastly, you are solely responsible for any damages done during installation. IF you put your trigger back together the wrong way, we are not responsible. “Echo” is a federally registered trademark of FOSTECH, Inc. TriggerdDepot nor this website are affiliated in any manner with, or otherwise endorsed by, FOSTECH, Inc. The use of “Echo” on this page is merely to advertise the sale of Echo aftermarket parts, or accessories, manufactured by TriggerDepot.com.