Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2023 5:12:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tortilla-flats]
I'm going to test drive this form of competition. I don't want a heavy investment upfront until I decide to go all-in.

With that said, what twist & chamber for a WOA upper to get started? I don't reload (anymore) so I'll be shooting whatever factory loads would be recommended.

Also relevant, I'm trying to take advantage of WOA's hold the line on 2023 pricing changes.
Getting their scope, too. (ETA: or maybe not)

TIA.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 7:08:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Urimaginaryfrnd] [#1]
https://www.whiteoakarmament.com/a4-service-rifle-optic-upper-pre-ban-1-7.html

1 in 7 twist   77 gr bullets         (you won't have 80 gr unless you load them and they are too long to fit in a mag. )
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 7:16:00 PM EDT
[#2]
FPNI

Take a look at LoaderMonkey for affordable 77gr ammo since you aren’t hand-loading.

Link Posted: 1/18/2023 9:36:17 AM EDT
[#3]
1-7 is OOS. Any issue with the 1-8? Or should I just put the 1-7 on backorder?

Link Posted: 3/2/2023 4:41:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Does anyone know who makes the barrel in that WOA upper? For a beginner in service rifle, is there any advantage in laying out the extra $ for a Krieger or other manufacturer's barrel?
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 4:48:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Wilson Arms is the base blank for WOA, and RRA.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 6:06:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I finally got a rock river NM A4 upper to practice with!  It’s 1x8 twist OP, I think that’s sort of the standard but I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 6:53:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Fordtough25:
I finally got a rock river NM A4 upper to practice with!  It’s 1x8 twist OP, I think that’s sort of the standard but I could be wrong.
View Quote

It depends on what you shoot for ammo. If you are sticking with factory 75 or 77gr. bullets, then a 1/8 is perfect.

If you want to shoot heavier (longer) projectiles, then you are going to really need a 1/7 or 6.5 twist.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 1:41:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow plans changed. Never got the upper because I'm rationalizing what I own and trying to downsize. I'll re-evaluate in a few months.

Thanks for the advice on twist rate. I'll definitely be sticking with factory as I got rid of all my reloading stuff.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 7:44:12 PM EDT
[#9]
If youre interested I have two  white oak uppers for sale that was assembled with a krieger upper new in the box, bought it and never used it (still new).

Complete A2 upper with flash hider and bayo lug.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top