Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2013 10:59:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JesseTischauser]
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 9:22:36 PM EDT
[#1]
The more I see this, the more I want to try it. once I get me rifle finished, these may be my next purchase.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 12:15:15 PM EDT
[#2]
nice video just started practicing quad loads. Only thing you might want to add at the end next time is a clip of you doing it at full speed
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 8:30:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 2:31:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you have to modify your shotgun in any way to make the load easier?
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 3:10:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 8:53:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Holy bevel batman!  Is that all done with file and sandpaper?
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 10:08:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 2:59:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Jesse, for quad loading would you recommend taccom caddies or AP custom caddies? The AP custom caddies definitely look better, but I have heard a tone of good stuff about Taccom.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 7:17:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 10:08:45 AM EDT
[#10]
The major difference I have seen between the AP and Taccom is how they retain the shells and how you pull them out.  With the AP loaders you don't need to "twist" your wrist to get the top 2 shells out first like with The Taccom loaders.  You can just pull them straight out.

With that said, I'm going to still with the Taccom loaders, cheaper and more compact than the AP.

Thanks for the video Jessie.  I just had my first match this weekend using the quads.  Had a couple days to practice and it helped.  Also thanks for The pictures, I had to take grind out more on mine as well and it made a huge difference.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:56:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Darn you Jesse Tischauser, darn you.

There was once a time when I was satisfied with my weakhand loads.  A bit of practice and I could usually land in the middle of the pack in the matches I shot.  Which, as a HM shooter going up against you mouse gunners, kept me happy.

Then I had to see your silly video.

Then I had to stack some shells to see if it was feasible.

Then I had to buy one of these quad holders.

Then I had to modify my 870 to make it easer to load.

Do you know what happens when you take an angle grinder to an 870?  Do you?

Awesomeness.  Awesomeness is what happens.

After screwing around with it for 20 minutes I'm doing 8 shells in 9.6 seconds with little effort.

Darn you Jesse Tischauser, darn you.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:13:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 9:29:01 AM EDT
[#13]
I hope to load some dummy shells this weekend and also have one of those new dual use type caddies coming.  Watching this video is awesome BUT is it just a record attempt type thing or actually related to match techniques?  I guess I need to study more actual competition footage as the idea of strong side loading seems at odds with belt space restrictions.  If the shotgun is kept mounted, to some degree or another, shouldnt this require that the shells must be kept forward of interfering with a holstered pistol?  If so, then the right hand would need to reach under and forward to retrieve shells, I think??   Is it possible that actually needing to have precious belt space laid out for three guns at once isn't  the norm?  I had envisioned the left of center/buckle as rifle/pistol magazine territory, from center to right of center for shot shells and yielding to the holstered pistol towards the hip, is this unrealistic?  Probably not very clearly written, but then, I tend to be somewhat confused a lot in recent decades!
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 1:21:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:44:03 AM EDT
[#15]
I know this is a old thread, but TACCOM has magnetic version of the quad load out.  I ordered one to try and it is lot faster/less resistance to release the shells.  Took it to a three gun match over the weekend and everyone that tried it seemed to agree.  It worked with the Birdshot, Slugs, and Buckshot I had but they holders would have difficulty dealing with varying length of cases if you had rounds were not consistent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top