Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2022 12:15:06 AM EDT
Looking at QC10 receiver sets  and debating which pattern to get. Setup would be used for USPSA and Steel. Have Colt mags and bolt. Currently, I am using a mag adapter and only issue is that a loaded magazine will not easily seat on a closed bolt.

Also, I only see Glock pattern PCCs in matches, not sure if that tells me something….

Finally, wondering if i should get the side charger.

TIA
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 12:22:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: barrysuperhawk] [#1]
Glock all the way.  With colt pattern you will spend MUCH more time messing with your magazines trying to get them to be almost as reliable.  With Glock mags, they just work, and when you step on one or start having issues, trash it and grab a new one without crying...  Loading on a closed bolt with every single round crammed in the mag is frustrating with any gun.  

A side charger is cool, but un-necessary, and the manual of arms becomes a 3 handed mess.  Standard extended charging handle of your choice and a PHASE 5 Bolt catch, makes for an easy manual of arms.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 12:36:19 AM EDT
[#2]
For USPSA, go Glock. The angled mag well and tapered mag body is smoother to reload. More extension options too.

IMPORTANT: Also get a QC10 bolt and barrel. they work as a system.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 7:35:11 AM EDT
[#3]
get glock style for sure.  I shoot many many matches and never see a colt pattern.  The double feed style mag is horrible on seating on a closed bolt.  you have to slap the mag in really hard and many times the rounds want to jump out of the mag on reloads with only one feed lip holding the rounds in. I doubt 1% of top level PCC shooters are using colt design.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 8:35:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I have both. Get Glock
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 6:01:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys, you reinforced my thinking. I ended up getting this which seems to be a good deal.

https://www.quartercircle10.com/ranger-gsf-9mm-rifle-with-free-cmc-curved-trigger-upgrade.html
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 6:08:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Are you classy or trashy?

Link Posted: 10/8/2022 6:29:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By eviioiive:
Are you classy or trashy?

View Quote

Usually trashy but went for classy this time around.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 4:53:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I've used Glock mags on my SBR for many thousands of rounds with zero malfunctions.  They just seem to word and are plentiful and relatively cheap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top