Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2014 11:51:47 AM EDT
I have been working on getting things together to start competing more. I decided to trade off my SR9 for a Glock.

So my questions for all the Glock guys today is if I buy +6 extended mag bases do I need to replace the mag springs? My gut tells me yes but searching I have not found a spring that specifically  called out extended. I did find some that have more force. I contacted the company that sells the bases that I am looking at and there response was no springs are needed. But I keep thinking they would have to be replaced... Am I right, wrong, or am I just going to have to buy a couple and try them out?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:54:45 PM EDT
[#1]
TTI (+6) and Arredondo (+4) come with new magazine springs.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:21:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I shoot with a Glock 34.

I picked up a couple of these Arms Unlimited +6: https://www.armsunlimited.com/Extended-Glock-17-22-Smith-Wesson-Pistol-Base-Pad-p/fs-mbp.htm

And then a couple ISMI 140mm  Magazine Springs, the combination has been solid for me.

I do have some TTI's and they are great as well, but the above combination was lighter on the wallet.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:01:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I shoot with a Glock 34.

I picked up a couple of these Arms Unlimited +6: https://www.armsunlimited.com/Extended-Glock-17-22-Smith-Wesson-Pistol-Base-Pad-p/fs-mbp.htm

And then a couple ISMI 140mm  Magazine Springs, the combination has been solid for me.

I do have some TTI's and they are great as well, but the above combination was lighter on the wallet.
View Quote

those are actually the exact ones i am looking at. Someone has them on ebay for about the same price. im glad to hear you like them! any complaints about them?

3 gun isn't super popular in my area yet so i am a budget shopper and cant see the point in spending huge money on something I only get to do a handful of times a year.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:16:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

those are actually the exact ones i am looking at. Someone has them on ebay for about the same price. im glad to hear you like them! any complaints about them?

3 gun isn't super popular in my area yet so i am a budget shopper and cant see the point in spending huge money on something I only get to do a handful of times a year.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I shoot with a Glock 34.

No complaints, they work fine along with the springs I picked up.  I had picked them up after reading nothing but positive reviews online and the price can't be beat.

The machine finish on them is nice.. obviously they aren't as pretty and colorful as the TTI's, but just a functional as far as I'm concerned.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:00:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I prefer the TTI or Taylor Freelance Heavy Brass extensions just for the extra weight. Makes it easier when hanging mags.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:53:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I prefer the TTI or Taylor Freelance Heavy Brass extensions just for the extra weight. Makes it easier when hanging mags.
View Quote

What do you mean by, when hanging mags?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:10:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Typo, should have been changing mags. So many I have seen have issues with empty mags hanging up in the pistol when they go to slide lock. Mine doesn't have that issue, but I can't tell you how many times I have seen it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:21:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Typo, should have been changing mags. So many I have seen have issues with empty mags hanging up in the pistol when they go to slide lock. Mine doesn't have that issue, but I can't tell you how many times I have seen it.
View Quote

Ah.. I understand.. No, I haven't had that issue with either my TTI's or Arms Unlimited that I've used.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:28:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Mostly I see this issue when you also have a magwell installed. Some of the magwells will pinch the sides of the grip in making empty mags stick. I tuned my magwell with some small files so it didn't pinch the sides at all, and all of my mags drop free easily. Dawson, Zev, and SJC magwells can do it, but not all of them will. My Zev magwell had a buildup of the coating they used on the inside.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 2:08:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

my google-fu is weak as I can't find this information listed anywhere but how much do the +5/+6 TTI extensions weigh?

TTI lists the +0 mag extensions at 1.6oz - that's nothing compared to the Taylor +0 mag extensions which weigh over 3oz each.

Are the TTI just as effective?
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 7:31:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I have 5  Black Taran Tactical  +6 Magazine extentions for 9mm or 40 Cal Gen 3 Glock and two of the extended mag springs that they take.. there worth 250 bucks.. but I'd sell them for 200 if you want to spend the 10 bucks and order three spings..you can run the balanced 23 rd magaazines..

chris.  253-250-7149
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 9:29:51 AM EDT
[#12]
I have 4 TTI basepads and they are very very nice.

But am I the only person who only gets +5 out of them?  I guess I could hulk out and stuff number 6 in there but I'm not sure how well that would seat with a closed slide on the clock.

This is not a knock on the TTI pads as they are what I would choose again if I were buying a second time.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 11:17:54 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I have 4 TTI basepads and they are very very nice.

But am I the only person who only gets +5 out of them?  I guess I could hulk out and stuff number 6 in there but I'm not sure how well that would seat with a closed slide on the clock.

This is not a knock on the TTI pads as they are what I would choose again if I were buying a second time.
View Quote

I haven't used the TTI, but all the "extra" capacity mags I've tried are like that. I always download by 1 for peace of mind.

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 1:51:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Just tested my TTI this morning. 250 rds, no problems. Will be ordering more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top